Type keyword(s) to search

The Conners Alphabet Game

tessaray
  • Start Topic

C is for Cool, the creepy little ogre in Roseanne’s fairy tale; the princess decided to have sex with him, before the queen talked her out of it, and the queen, the princess, and the ignorant old king lived happily ever after in a totally sex-free world, while Cool died a hideous death when something very sharp and heavy and medieval fell upon his head

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, BookThief said:

D is for Don, Roseanne's husband

You mean Roxanne's husband.  🙂

E is for Edna, the annoyingly talkative neighbor from whom Roseanne borrows a dress ("stick a few candles in it and make a wish")

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

F is for Fisher, the abusive asshole who Jackie FINALLY got away from, and then Dan took his coat and beat him senseless.

("Well, what did he say?" "Well, If I can remember correctly: 'Ow, ow, my head.'")

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I have a Q in mind for the next round, but, as you'll see when we get there, it's a little bit of a stretch and similar to one already played.  Once you do quota and Q-tips, you have to start getting creative.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

R is for Rockford, sight of the Daisy Chainsaw concert Darlene and Molly attended together (before Molly ditched Darlene for a few guys in the back of a van). 

ETA: WOW, that sounded SO slut-shamey, which wasn't my intention at all! Whoops. 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 1

This is a repeat from the Roseanne game, but it hasn't been played here and we seem stalled, so ...

U is for the umbrella holder (in the form of a Dalmation) Roseanne bought off the guys burglarizing the Bowman house, whom she thought were workers from a charitable organization; the Conners had no idea what it was actually for until Kathy spotted it and said, "That's my umbrella stand!"

• Love 3

D is for Death. Sorry to be dark but some of the funniest episodes revolve around it. Roseanne and Jackie’s dad’s death: “So what you're saying is that, if she really loved him, she'd get the "White Rose", and if she doesn't... she'd get something with a twist tie, and the word "Hefty" on the side.” The death of the door to door salesman in their kitchen:

Roseanne: “I think he's dead.”

Dan: “Check again.” 

Roseanne: “I know how to count to zero.”

(And, of course, Roseanne’s own death...not nearly as funny.)

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2

L is for: Listen up! There will be no talking, no giggling or laughing, no playing music, no singing, no animal noises, no doing whatever the hell you were doing when you were making that peg-leg kinda thumping noise, no bird calls, no bouncing the ball, and no jumping on the bed or I'm coming up there, now GO TO SLEEP!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, Rebecca said:

D is for Death. Sorry to be dark but some of the funniest episodes revolve around it. Roseanne and Jackie’s dad’s death: “So what you're saying is that, if she really loved him, she'd get the "White Rose", and if she doesn't... she'd get something with a twist tie, and the word "Hefty" on the side.” The death of the door to door salesman in their kitchen:

Roseanne: “I think he's dead.”

Dan: “Check again.” 

Roseanne: “I know how to count to zero.”

(And, of course, Roseanne’s own death...not nearly as funny.)

I know I'm supposed to do the alphabet but I couldn't resist after this post was posted. My favorite Jackie scene. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I know I'm supposed to do the alphabet but I couldn't resist after this post was posted. My favorite Jackie scene. 

Not just the alphabet, but alphabetic order. Letters will come around again--helps to save up something for when they do. Do you have an M for now to keep the game going?

• Love 1