Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

The Leftovers

My husband and I are currently re-watching The Leftovers series, especially because of my utter dismissal of the first season.  I have no great explanation for why I rejected the show at that time -- but I do remember being extremely frustrated by the nihilist cult and even more annoyed with the Holy Wayne sub-plot (I simply could not be bothered by emerging religions).  Oh, I also did not care for the initial opening sequence.  Something about it turned me waaaay off, I dunno why...

So, during most of the first season episodes I wandered around our apartment and did various chores, while my (then) boyfriend was rapt with must-see, appointment television -- occasionally, he would beseech me to give The Leftovers another chance.

I think the episode that reveals how Laurie used to be Patti's therapist finally got me to sit down on the couch.  We haven't reached that episode upon re-watch, yet.

I'm looking forward to the whole thing.

On a side note, I marvel at the shows that we were watching concurrently, between 2013 - 2015.  Rectify, The Comeback (s.2), Parks and Rec, The Leftovers, Mad Men, (great) Game of Thrones, Hannibal (for God's sake!), TWD (the Terminus years) -- I mean, how is it possible?

*Sigh*

I can't wait for the new season of the Terror to premier.  I'm afraid I'm breaking the re-watch seal on several shows that I intended to save for much later, in an effort to stay sane.

Edited by zobot81