Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I completely agree. It seemed he had his son killed because he was doing something to his wife. Framing her for something? Trying to rape her? I couldn't figure it out either.

But by the end he seemed to hate his wife, he went on a racist tirade towards her, so I don’t think he cared enough about his wife to have his son killed for that. I think it had something to do with the other son, Chance, the one who was killed by Eames at the end for trying to shoot the wife, I think he was trying to lure him back into the family business or something. I just couldn’t understand any of it, none of the characters motivations made sense, and I was left with more questions than answers at the end. It’s actually one of the weakest of the “classic CI” episodes, because the plot just didn’t hold up. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Deakins line about the crying baby CD’s being used for birth control was hilarious.

He wasn't wrong. LOL!

But yeah, "Scared Crazy" was good. As I have said prior, the actress that played Robbie's sister, Sienna, looks so much like a young Kyra Sedgwick. It's crazy. And she played the guilt of forcing Robbie to listen to his monster of a therapist quite well.

I felt sorry for Robbie, and I like that, although he did kill someone, it was because his head was turned inside out, and I'm glad G/E recognized it and tried to help Robbie as much as they could.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

He wasn't wrong. LOL!

But yeah, "Scared Crazy" was good. As I have said prior, the actress that played Robbie's sister, Sienna, looks so much like a young Kyra Sedgwick. It's crazy. And she played the guilt of forcing Robbie to listen to his monster of a therapist quite well.

I felt sorry for Robbie, and I like that, although he did kill someone, it was because his head was turned inside out, and I'm glad G/E recognized it and tried to help Robbie as much as they could.

Yeah Robbie was one of the few sympathetic perps on CI, he had a psychotic break because of what his therapist did, and hopefully he was sent to a mental facility and not prison. His therapist was monstrous, she was so desperate trying to find some good in breaking someone down that she ruined Robbie’s life and got another person killed. I liked Goren’s ending line of “evil changes everybody”. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked Goren’s ending line of “evil changes everybody”. 

Yeah, and Eames mentioned how everyone said Robbie wouldn't hurt a fly. His therapist really fucked him up and fucked him over since, as you pointed out, his life is now essentially ruined for the therapist trying to redeem and forgive herself, just as Goren had accused her of.

• Like 2
On 3/2/2023 at 5:10 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Now "All In", the "is he Josh Snow or is he Joey Frost?" episode has just started.

If I had to name the most boring Goren and Eames episode, it would be that one. I fell asleep in the middle of it once.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:09 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think it was some people in the Brazilian government who got pissed about The Glory That Was.

I heard it got tossed from the rotation because there was a lesbian couple kissing in it. So, take your excuses.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:48 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I thought I was the only one who thought Nichols was a decent character! It’s just too bad his partners were lifeless and wooden ...I liked his 2 episodes paired with Eames.

Wheeler was at least a little better than Stevens, who, as far as I'm concerned, had no personality at all. I understand about Bishop--they never gave her much of a personality because it was a given Eames was coming back--but don't understand at all about Stevens.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/16/2023 at 6:13 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Don’t like the angst they put on Goren at all in seasons 6-7, he lost his mojo and became worn down with baggage.

I agree that they went overboard, but I do like "Blind Spot" -- one of my favorites because Eames doesn't sit there waiting for anyone to rescue her; interesting how she popped that electronic lock...there's a talent I wouldn't have expected from her, and she had that meathook firmly in her hand...damn if Jo had come back she would have fought hard and done some damage.

Also like "Endgame" for the cat and mouse, and "Brother's Keeper" to learn a little more about Goren's previous life and "Amends"--the scene where Eames puts her face in Joe's shirt and cries just does me in because I did that with my mom's bathrobe.

Like it or not when we get older life sometimes throws curveballs at you. I never expected to end up with a chronically ill husband and sometimes facing crisis after crisis...but, there it is. You cope. I'm surprised Goren managed as well as he did. I just can't watch "Untethered" because of the tiedown scene and "Purgatory" because of Eames' reaction (however justified). Also want to give Ross a fat kick in the ass during "War at Home"--not only does he drag Goren away from his mother at a bad time, but the fact that he MUST have Goren on the case demeans Eames like crazy--and she's supposed to be the senior partner!

Edited by Shadow Lass
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

Also like "Endgame" for the cat and mouse, and "Brother's Keeper" to learn a little more about Goren's previous life and "Amends"--the scene where Eames puts her face in Joe's shirt and cries just does me in because I did that with my mom's bathrobe.

I like "Frame" as it seems to be the conclusion to "Endgame" and all of Goren's many troubles. I also like how steadfast Eames is in not believing Bobby was a killer.

It did make Ross look even more like an ass, though. But what else is new?

And Eames pushing back against Ross in his office and in that interrogation room when the accounting guy walked in made it even better. After everything, that Ross could even consider Goren a murderer, it defied reason. The only one Ross could offer was because of Goren's sperm donor.

Which is no reason at all, which Eames basically reiterated.

On another note, yeah. Serena Stevens was just so low energy. She made Megan Wheeler look animated. Still wonder if it was because of the lesser writing by then, Burrows trying to hide her natural British accent, or some combination thereof.

In which case, why not just have Stevens be from the UK, living in the US?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I like "Frame" as it seems to be the conclusion to "Endgame" and all of Goren's many troubles. I also like how steadfast Eames is in not believing Bobby was a killer.

It did make Ross look even more like an ass, though. But what else is new?

And Eames pushing back against Ross in his office and in that interrogation room when the accounting guy walked in made it even better. After everything, that Ross could even consider Goren a murderer, it defied reason. The only one Ross could offer was because of Goren's sperm donor.

Which is no reason at all, which Eames basically reiterated.

On another note, yeah. Serena Stevens was just so low energy. She made Megan Wheeler look animated. Still wonder if it was because of the lesser writing by then, Burrows trying to hide her natural British accent, or some combination thereof.

In which case, why not just have Stevens be from the UK, living in the US?

I don’t like Frame much just because it was such a soap opera, and it really pissed me off how Rodgers gave away Goren’s personal information to douchebag Ross, Goren had every right to be livid with Rodgers and it just made her look bad. And Ross was such a condescending ass to his detectives, I just can’t stand him. I was just glad Frame wrapped up all of the Goren soapy baggage. 

• Like 1

Oh, "Last Street In Manhattan" is the latest marathon episode! Cool! (My fave from S10, as I have said!)

Though I do still have to laugh that David was clearly shot at NIGHT on a PUBLIC street, yet when G/E are led to the body, it's broad daylight.

So poor Dave lay there rotting all night as cars drove by?!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Watching Rispetto right now. I love Goren pretending to be from Armani, he gets positively giddy on the phone with Teddy. I was so glad to see my two favorite detectives again.

Loved the laugh that Bobby's "Martin Flamme" did over the phone. Even Alex looked impressed!

• Like 3
On 3/6/2023 at 7:19 PM, Xeliou66 said:

What the fuck was Proud Flesh even about? I’ve never been able to figure out that episode, and I’ve watched it several times. None of it made much sense - I guess Jonas Slaughter had his son killed but why? And he seemed like he cared about his wife and daughter but then at the end went on a bizarre racist rant against them. And who actually killed the victim - was it the business associate of Slaughter? And how convenient was it that the other son was able to make a long statement about killing his brother before he died. And the judge releasing Slaughter on his own recognizance was absurd, he was charged with murder, no judge would let someone off with no bail for that, especially not in a high profile case. Proud Flesh may be the most confusing CI episode - it was beyond convoluted and nothing really made sense in the end, the only thing that was for certain was that Jonas Slaughter was heartless and evil, but nothing added up. 

If someone explains it to you, pass it along! (I found that episode boring as well as confusing, so...)

• LOL 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

If someone explains it to you, pass it along! (I found that episode boring as well as confusing, so...)

I’ve watched the episode several times and cannot make sense of it at all - I was left clueless as to who killed the victim or why, and the ending was just bizarre. I agree it was kind of dull and low energy, it shouldn’t have been as the case could’ve been very compelling but instead it’s just puzzling and it leaves the viewer going “huh?” more than anything else at the end.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’ve watched the episode several times and cannot make sense of it at all - I was left clueless as to who killed the victim or why, and the ending was just bizarre. I agree it was kind of dull and low energy, it shouldn’t have been as the case could’ve been very compelling but instead it’s just puzzling and it leaves the viewer going “huh?” more than anything else at the end.

Too many people to keep track of in that one, which definitely didn't help matters. As I said prior, the actor playing the professor (when G/E went and had lunch on campus), Mark Blum, sadly died from COVID in 2020. (He was also in Crocodile Dundee.)

I THINK the professor was Anna's ex-husband BEFORE Malcolm McDowell's character. Beyond that, I can feel my eyes glaze over and can't keep track of crimes and motivations in this one.

• Like 2
On 3/16/2023 at 7:06 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Loved the laugh that Bobby's "Martin Flamme" did over the phone. Even Alex looked impressed!

She looks glad to be back on the job with him; her smile is so genuinely happy and indulgent.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:43 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I THINK the professor was Anna's ex-husband

Yes, he was, and yes, it's soooo convoluted!

On 3/16/2023 at 5:51 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, "Last Street In Manhattan" is the latest marathon episode! Cool! (My fave from S10, as I have said!)

I like that one myself, and it also seems to be hinting the most heavily of the eight episodes that a Goren/Eames relationship is developing, especially with the "Lucky Nicky" line and the whole scene with Johnny Eames, who seems genuinely fond of Bobby, and even does the old-school dad complaint about his daughter being a professional, but still not having given him grandchildren right in front of him.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

I like that one myself, and it also seems to be hinting the most heavily of the eight episodes that a Goren/Eames relationship is developing, especially with the "Lucky Nicky" line and the whole scene with Johnny Eames, who seems genuinely fond of Bobby, and even does the old-school dad complaint about his daughter being a professional, but still not having given him grandchildren right in front of him.

Agree with all of this. And I loved the "lucky Nicky!" line and general ease/flirty undertone that G/E had going on there. But I do still respect TPTB for deftly using that G/E dialogue, showing some flirting, yet trying to not alienate non-shippers.

And I have often said how much of a kick I got out of Johnny Eames grumbling about no grandchildren from Alex. Such a "Dad" thing! (And if you look in the background, I like the sort of amused grin Bobby has during the whole exchange!)

• Like 2

WE is showing the first episodes of CI today - I just watched One, this was a great pilot episode for CI - really good introduction to each character and a strong case as well - I liked how we got a feel for Goren and Eames’ styles as they solved the jewelry heist. Also Deakins and Carver were good, and I liked Nora making a crossover cameo - it was interesting how Nora seemed a bit more authoritative than usual with Carver and Goren. It’s an excellent start to the show. 
Watching Art now, it’s a good episode as well, with Goren’s expertise of art on full display. CI got off to such a smooth start in Season 1, very few growing pains, the show was really strong from the start.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

WE is showing the first episodes of CI today - I just watched One, this was a great pilot episode for CI - really good introduction to each character and a strong case as well - I liked how we got a feel for Goren and Eames’ styles as they solved the jewelry heist. Also Deakins and Carver were good, and I liked Nora making a crossover cameo - it was interesting how Nora seemed a bit more authoritative than usual with Carver and Goren. It’s an excellent start to the show. 
Watching Art now, it’s a good episode as well, with Goren’s expertise of art on full display. CI got off to such a smooth start in Season 1, very few growing pains, the show was really strong from the start.

Still love the exchange between Goren and Sylvia Moon in "Art" about working so hard yet still being a nobody, and Sylvia Moon expecting sympathy, as Goren just fires back, "Welcome to the human race!"

Early snarky Bobby was great. (Also love his "Hey, Don Juan, you're under arrest!" to Henry Talbot in "Jones", too.)

Early Bobby had confident swagger. I missed that later on.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Still love the exchange between Goren and Sylvia Moon in "Art" about working so hard yet still being a nobody, and Sylvia Moon expecting sympathy, as Goren just fires back, "Welcome to the human race!"

Early snarky Bobby was great. (Also love his "You're under arrest, Don Juan!" to Henry Talbot in "Jones", too.)

Early Bobby had confident swagger. I missed that later on.

As we’ve discussed before, Goren lost his mojo in season 6 when they dumped a boatload of baggage on him for soapy drama. He became worn down and lifeless and carried a lot of weight around and it really weakened the show. I really can’t stand how the show changed in season 6 and became a nighttime soap opera. Seasons 1-5 are what I consider “classic CI” and then the show went way downhill in season 6. At least the show ended on a high note in season 10 with Goren getting some of his swagger back and the episodes felt more like the CI of old. I loved how Goren was in season 1, and him and Eames had a nice rapport from the start, they were a great pairing. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

As we’ve discussed before, Goren lost his mojo in season 6 when they dumped a boatload of baggage on him for soapy drama. He became worn down and lifeless and carried a lot of weight around and it really weakened the show. I really can’t stand how the show changed in season 6 and became a nighttime soap opera. Seasons 1-5 are what I consider “classic CI” and then the show went way downhill in season 6. At least the show ended on a high note in season 10 with Goren getting some of his swagger back and the episodes felt more like the CI of old. I loved how Goren was in season 1, and him and Eames had a nice rapport from the start, they were a great pairing. 

Stabler/Benson on SVU seems to get all the glory when discussing franchise partnerships, but I think Logan/Briscoe and Briscoe/Greene from the Mothership and Goren/Eames on Criminal Intent were just as great.

The chemistry amongst that group was just as compelling to me.

And they stand out when you look at later pairings/temp pairings on those shows, too. (At least the Bishop temp pairing. As noted, Nola Falacci actually seemed pretty popular when subbing for Wheeler.)

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Stabler/Benson on SVU seems to get all the glory when discussing franchise partnerships, but I think Logan/Briscoe and Briscoe/Greene from the Mothership and Goren/Eames on Criminal Intent were just as great.

The chemistry amongst that group was just as compelling to me.

And they stand out when you look at later pairings/temp pairings on those shows, too. (At least the Bishop temp pairing. As noted, Nola Falacci actually seemed pretty popular when subbing for Wheeler.)

Yes SVU seems to get most of the glory as a whole for some reason when it comes to the L&O franchise, maybe because SVU has more personal stuff on it so it’s more talked about than the others. I also think the Benson/Stabler partnership gets talked about a lot because of the sexual tension between them - I didn’t see that kind of tension between Goren/Eames, although I think some did, I agree with what you pointed out before about how CI ended on a high note for both people who shipped Goren/Eames romantically and those who didn’t - they didn’t go full soap opera with it but they didn’t completely discount the idea of a relationship between them either - unlike how SVU is hell bent on going full soap opera with every single character.    
Anyway I love the Goren/Eames partnership, it’s my favorite male/female partnership in the franchise - I have issues with both of the characters of Stabler and Benson, particularly the Benson of recent seasons, that I’ve discussed on the SVU forum, although they definitely have great chemistry and had a lot of great episodes as well.    
My favorite detective pairing in the whole franchise is Briscoe/Green - the Mothership has had so many great pairings. 
CI gets kind of forgotten about in the discussions of the L&O franchise in many places it feels - probably because it “only” had 10 seasons while the Mothership and SVU have 20+ and counting. But CI was awesome and the chemistry of its classic cast of Goren/Eames/Deakins/Carver was just as strong as the chemistry of the top tier L&O casts or the classic SVU cast. 

• Like 5

The show has cycled through a ton on WE, but I am still giving a heads up in case anyone here still watches on occasion: Apparently the Thursday marathon this week will be preempted for a Criminal Minds marathon instead. Instead, WE will show three-episode late-night/early-morning blocks from 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday, 03/29, Thursday, 03/30, Sunday, 04/02, and Wednesday, 04/06.

It must be the last hurrah for Criminal Minds on WE after this Friday, though, because next Thursday, 04/06, the Criminal Intent marathon returns in addition to once more (as it did years ago) having another marathon on Friday, 04/07 (the day WE had advertised for Criminal Minds, so I think it has been dropped after this Friday, after its usual Friday marathon as CI takes its place the following week, as I said above!).

As I said, I know this has been on a lot, but in case folks are still watching some of this, I figured I'd give a heads up regarding the shift in the schedule on WE.

Still the same schedule on sister channel Sundance, though.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I can watch some CM--we actually recorded one once to see how it came out--and have to leave others. The two-part story about Spencer Reid's mom was quite good and I got Goren/Mom vibes from it. Someone started a Reid meets Goren fanfic on one of the FF sites and then never finished it...that would have been interesting. Trying to figure out why so much fanfic wants to torture Goren and Reid!

For the record I am a Goren/Eames 'ship, but I don't obsess so long as they end up happy. Goren torture porn depresses the hell out of me.

Just to remind anyone watching CI on Peacock that in less than a month they start charging for it.

Briscoe and anyone seemed to work out fine. Miss you, Jerry Orbach!

I've seen so little SVU--because most of the sexual plots just creep me out--that I don't know how to judge Benson/Stabler. I've tried to watch them on Ion/USA and this is an exercise in frustration because apparently they only show Benson/Stabler during the day and by 5 p.m. switch over to the later ones (they seem particularly enamored by seasons 18-21--maybe it's "Rollisi" fans? And some of the early ones I have seen feature Stabler with Fin.

All I know is I will never, never watch the ones with William Lewis. Just the description of Benson being tortured in that one episode gives me the creeps.

Okay, abandoning SVU now...

• Like 2

In any case, I figure Criminal Intent must get good ratings on WE for it to run for so long while other shows seem to come and go.

I guess people need their G/E (and other detective teams!) fix or something. 😎

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Shadow Lass said:

Trying to figure out why so much fanfic wants to torture Goren and Reid!

No idea about Reid, as I don't watch, but VDO knocked the darker stuff out of the park, even if it was hard to watch.

And, as an actor, meatier stuff seems to be what actors clamor for.

Still, I was glad to see Goren start to recover in S8 and liked how he got some of his confidence/fun back in S10.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No idea about Reid, as I don't watch, but VDO knocked the darker stuff out of the park, even if it was hard to watch.

The me who's curled in a fetal position by the end of "Untethered" agrees.

Amused this morning at "Depths": Eames' reaction when the coin dude describes Kelli Giddish's character: "She was kinda old, like 28..."

I'd want to smack him myself.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

The me who's curled in a fetal position by the end of "Untethered" agrees.

Amused this morning at "Depths": Eames' reaction when the coin dude describes Kelli Giddish's character: "She was kinda old, like 28..."

I'd want to smack him myself.

Yeah, Eames' reaction was great, the scoffing and acting like she'd like to throttle the guy.

Also liked G/E's interaction with Walter and the metal detector!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, Eames' reaction was great, the scoffing and acting like she'd like to throttle the guy.

Also liked G/E's interaction with Walter and the metal detector!

I know! Walter had so obviously never used one before and Goren nailed him in one minute.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I know! Walter had so obviously never used one before and Goren nailed him in one minute.

In that short exchange, it seemed like G/E knew Walter well. I'd like to think he is one of the oddballs they get info from or something when they are on the street, etc.

And, shallow alert, I thought Goren looked fantastic in "Depths".

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

In that short exchange, it seemed like G/E knew Walter well. I'd like to think he is one of the oddballs they get info from or something when they are on the street, etc.

And, shallow alert, I thought Goren looked fantastic in "Depths".

Yes! They were like "C'mon Walter, what's the scam this time?"

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yes! They were like "C'mon Walter, what's the scam this time?"

Yeah, and I liked Eames' skepticism with the fish with a gold coin in its mouth. Yeah, Walter was telling the truth, but I'd be skeptical, too!

• Like 2

Just noticed that the three-episode block early tomorrow (03/30) goes through to "Maledictus" (the Russian mafia daughter killed by Kenny the weirdo!), and then Sunday's block starts at Episode 8 of S2, "The Pilgrim", so episodes are being skipped again, for whatever reason.

• Useful 2

The second of the three episodes, "Yesterday", started not too long ago. Never really said so before, but I think the little bit that Jamey Sheridan as Deakins got to do there, discussing his old case, then confronting the victim, Alyssa Cooney's, then-boyfriend in the interrogation room with photos of the corpse, then talking with Bobby in the observation room when Deakins deduces the boyfriend was innocent, were done really well.

Makes me wish he got more such opportunities. Seems like Ross got to do all sorts of interrogations and such...

• Like 4
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The second of the three episodes, "Yesterday", started not too long ago. Never really said so before, but I think the little bit that Jamey Sheridan as Deakins got to do there, discussing his old case, then confronting the victim, Alyssa Cooney's, then-boyfriend in the interrogation room with photos of the corpse, then talking with Bobby in the observation room when Deakins deduces the boyfriend was innocent,were done really well.

Makes me wish he got more such opportunities. Seems like Ross got to do all sorts of interrogations and such...

He did, you're right. I don't understand why Ross got so much screen time and Deakins didn't when he was a way better character.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

He did, you're right. I don't understand why Ross got so much screen time and Deakins didn't when he was a way better character.

Agreed - I always liked when Deakins got a heavier role in episodes but he rarely got to do stuff like interview people or go out in the field, whereas Douchebag Ross did it all the time it seems. Ross got a lot of screen time even though he was a condescending asshat and unlikable boss, whereas Deakins was underused. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed - I always liked when Deakins got a heavier role in episodes but he rarely got to do stuff like interview people or go out in the field, whereas Douchebag Ross did it all the time it seems. Ross got a lot of screen time even though he was a condescending asshat and unlikable boss, whereas Deakins was underused. 

So true. I wonder why that was?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So true. I wonder why that was?

I think it part of the change in the show starting in season 6 - they eliminated the legal side which probably gave the captain more lines, and they put in more personal stuff and for some reason they gave Ross a more hands on role. The show really went downhill in season 6 IMO, losing Carver/Deakins plus the change in showrunners/addition of personal soapy plots resulted in a much weaker show, and Ross being a douche didn’t help matters.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think it part of the change in the show starting in season 6 - they eliminated the legal side which probably gave the captain more lines, and they put in more personal stuff and for some reason they gave Ross a more hands on role. The show really went downhill in season 6 IMO, losing Carver/Deakins plus the change in showrunners/addition of personal soapy plots resulted in a much weaker show, and Ross being a douche didn’t help matters.

And what they did to VDO and Goren is nothing less than criminal.

• Like 3

I have said it countless times, but maybe had the writers given Deakins more to do than just say, "Step into him!" and maybe some more scenes like in "Yesterday", maybe Jamey Sheridan could have been convinced to stay.

His short role on his show, Shannon's Deal on NBC back in the day, which I posted video of pages back, shows that Sheridan had the charisma to pull it off.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I have said it countless times, but maybe had the writers given Deakins more to do than just say, "Step into him!" and maybe some more scenes like in "Yesterday", maybe Jamey Sheridan could have been convinced to stay.

His short role on his show, Shannon's Deal on NBC back in the day, which I posted video of pages back, shows that Sheridan had the charisma to pull it off.

I think the actor would’ve left regardless, since his family was in California I believe. I do wish they had given him a better role and I wish they had brought on a better replacement instead of Ross. 

5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And what they did to VDO and Goren is nothing less than criminal.

Yep, the destruction of Goren was terrible - they took all of the life out of the character and made him miserable and carrying around a load of baggage. I have no idea who thought tampering with the formula was a good idea. It’s why season 6 is by far my least favorite season, even worse than 9, 9 was dull and low energy but 6 just took the formula that made the show great and threw it out the window, putting in a ton of soapy drama, destroying Goren and giving Ross the turd a ton of screen time. The show went off a cliff starting in season 6. At least it rebounded and ended with a solid season 10, where Goren got some energy back and was no longer having so much baggage. 

• Applause 1
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think the actor would’ve left regardless, since his family was in California I believe.

Now that you mention it, I think we touched upon that. Which, once more, makes me curious as to why Sheridan tested for the role at all, knowing the series was New York based.

Not saying he should not have taken the role of Jimmy Deakins. I liked the character and I liked Jamey Sheridan. It just seems weird that he would sign a contract for 5 seasons knowing the role would take him away from his loved ones.

I guess a job's a job, but still.

• Like 2

And the glue-sniffing schedule monkeys at WE are at it again. LOL! While CI was scheduled in the late-night listings from 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m Sunday morning (04/02/2023), the Mothership is on instead. (Which is fine as it is the seldom-seen Ceretta episodes!)

So I figured I'd go straight to the WE website to check the schedule...and it has NCIS airing at that time! (Um, no!)

So, apparently, the Mothership deal was a recent change or something. CI is still on the site for Thursday and Friday and other early-morning airings in the week. We'll see.

(But this has happened a lot on this channel, expecting one show listed and another airing instead.)

ETA: As I am still up, due to my odd work schedule, the 3:00 a.m. episode that was listed, "Con-Text", is just starting. But the other two before it, "The Pilgrim" and "Shandeh", were not shown since the Mothership was on. Shrug.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And Paramount had Mothership at noon weekdays for about a month and now it's gone. FML.

This doesn't surprise me. Paramount and Paramount + are under the Viacom/CBS umbrella of ownership, so it's almost like promoting the competition.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

FYI, presently the Peacock app is warning that CI will leaving Peacock in ten days.

Could it be that it is just leaving the free tier? Because I have Peacock Premium (I pay $4.99 monthly) and have not seen any such notice on my app or via my laptop.

ETA: Scratch that. On the main page for CI where episodes are listed, it mentions 10 days left to watch...

This sucks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2