Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wish Falacci had stuck around as well, I really liked the dynamic between Falacci and Logan, they had much more chemistry than Logan and Wheeler did, and I liked the personality that Falacci brought to the show, and how Logan of all people sometimes had to play peacemaker between Falacci and Ross, it made for a more interesting show. 

I really wish they had done more episodes with both detective pairings investigating together, it was done brilliantly in In The Wee Small Hours, it was really cool to watch both pairings investigate and compare them and I really liked the scenes with Logan and Goren/Eames, they had a really good dynamic. I wish that they had even just had Logan/his partner make a cameo in a Goren/Eames episode or vise versa, it would’ve been cool to see. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I really wish they had done more episodes with both detective pairings investigating together, it was done brilliantly in In The Wee Small Hours, it was really cool to watch both pairings investigate and compare them and I really liked the scenes with Logan and Goren/Eames, they had a really good dynamic. I wish that they had even just had Logan/his partner make a cameo in a Goren/Eames episode or vise versa, it would’ve been cool to see. 

Not to mention more realistic, as they all worked in the same space. But the budget probably wouldn't allow it.

• Love 2

I wanted to like Wheeler but honestly looking back I mostly tolerated her. I liked the actress when she was on the short lived Conviction (One of the few who liked that show apparently).  I know CI was a Law & Order show but Julianne Nicholson seemed like she was playing Wheeler as being kinda grumpy most of the time.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wanted to like Wheeler but honestly looking back I mostly tolerated her. I liked the actress when she was on the short lived Conviction (One of the few who liked that show apparently).  I know CI was a Law & Order show but Julianne Nicholson seemed like she was playing Wheeler as being kinda grumpy most of the time.

When she was paired with Logan she seemed happier but her character was in a better place, she was engaged to what she thought was a good guy, going on vacations, going to parties, etc.   But when she was paired with Nichols her life wasn't so great *shrug*.  It's just a guess but either way I still liked her character.

• Love 1

I think Wheeler suffered from not being very defined. I mean, we knew she was raised by a single mom, the dad bolted, and per the description of one episode that never made it to screen, it seems dad was into criminal activity.

But Megan Wheeler HERSELF was basically a blank. We had no idea of HER life, struggles, etc. And her arcs - as said - never made it to air or the character was off canvas because Nicholson was on maternity leave. We honestly never really saw much evolution of the character for the three seasons she aired, unlike the rest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Did I bring this up before? In "Silver Lining" Wesley goes crazy when he learns that pregnant Sheila has been sneaking smokes behind the house addition, but earlier he’d gone to have a bottle of Champagne sent up to their hotel room for their wedding night. Was he going to drink it all himself? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Sigmagirl said:

Did I bring this up before? In "Silver Lining" Wesley goes crazy when he learns that pregnant Sheila has been sneaking smokes behind the house addition, but earlier he’d gone to have a bottle of Champagne sent up to their hotel room for their wedding night. Was he going to drink it all himself? 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Didn't any of the writers see the inconsistency there?

• Love 1
On 7/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Didn't any of the writers see the inconsistency there?

Someone did bring that up before. Maybe in the old complete forum? Because I recall replying about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Either way, it was a dumb move. David Harbour was good in "Silver Lining", but he was especially good and creepy in "Family Values",  which we discussed a page or so back!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

"Prisoner" is on now. Gotta say, VDO looks good in a lab coat (when he posed as a doctor). Still love his dance before the SWAT team invades Mitch LeBlanc's place, too.

Half the time I feel like they don't even need a ME. Goren will look at some dead guy and diagnose ten things that a coroner would be putting is their report.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Half the time I feel like they don't even need a ME. Goren will look at some dead guy and diagnose ten things that a coroner would be putting is their report.

I’ve said before one of my biggest pet peeves with this show is how Goren would point out something on the body in the morgue that Rodgers had apparently missed, it made no sense and was just done to make Goren look even smarter - there’s no way a thorough and competent ME like Rodgers would’ve missed this stuff, but they made it like they needed Goren to do the job. Happened several times throughout the show and it drove me nuts. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’ve said before one of my biggest pet peeves with this show is how Goren would point out something on the body in the morgue that Rodgers had apparently missed, it made no sense and was just done to make Goren look even smarter - there’s no way a thorough and competent ME like Rodgers would’ve missed this stuff, but they made it like they needed Goren to do the job. Happened several times throughout the show and it drove me nuts. 

Maybe so, but Rodgers always put Goren in his place and I liked the interactions with VDO and Leslie Hendrix - much of the time which was comic relief (though they did well together in the more straight dramatic and even tragic scenes) - so that all never bothered me much.

For all of the issues with Goren and whatever, I think this was the only show in the franchise that practically gave Rodgers more screen time. Almost a regular of sorts.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 3:10 AM, WendyCR72 said:

For all of the issues with Goren and whatever, I think this was the only show in the franchise that practically gave Rodgers more screen time. Almost a regular of sorts.

In the L.O. universe this is true.  I hate to keep harping on CSI HOWEVER their M.E. got the proper credit they deserved and actually showed them at the scene of the crime which, I think, is normal for them to do.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:10 AM, WendyCR72 said:

This was a problem for me as well.  It often showed that Goren had all the smarts and Rodgers and sometimes Eames had no damn brains at all.  Any M.E. worth their salt would have found all the little details on a body that Goren seemed to always have to point out to her.  Dammit Bobby just let the woman do her damn job and she will call you into the morgue when she has what you need.  If I was Dr. Rodgers someone like Bobby would drive me nuts. 

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1

As I said prior, Goren's relationship with Rodgers was interesting. He clearly could annoy the hell out of her. Yet, at other times, they are almost simpatico. Then there was the whole Rodgers divulging Goren's personal info to Ross and the fallout there.

If ever there was a time Rodgers could have went after Goren - if she really didn't care for him - it was when he went apeshit. But she didn't. (Of course, she did err, so maybe that was part of it, but she basically let Bobby off the hook.)

Then there was the aftermath with Ross' death. When Goren and Eames were at the scene, Bobby made sure to first check on Rodgers and rubbed her shoulder in a comforting manner, all caring and solicitous.

Heck, in S10, Rodgers seemed almost impressed when Bobby mentioned how Theresa, the victim in "The Consoler", anointed herself with myrrh.

Long way of saying, I like how things weren't so cut and dried on the show despite the surface annoyances and such.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

She did like to smack him a lot.

Still, as I said, I bet Goren must have seemed positively cuddly to poor Rodgers once she got a load of Falacci. I do think Rodgers had to practice extra restraint with her. Even at his most hyper and annoying, I don't recall Rodgers speaking to Bobby so curtly as she did with Falacci. (Especially when Falacci was dragging Rodgers about the lack of speed, etc.)

I think TPTB took the fiery redhead idea to heart with Falacci.  😉 Had she stayed, however, I'm guessing she would have calmed down a bit. Especially since Ross also told her more than once that Major Case was a different animal than her Brooklyn precinct, etc. Highlighting how she was overeager or whatever.

Rodgers did like to smack Bobby's hands or whatever, though, I agree.  🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oxygen has gone from S8 to S1. "One" is about to end with "Art" to begin next, then "Smothered". I still love Bobby's line to creepy Sylvia Moon at the end as she was crying for sympathy and Goren just says, "Welcome to the human race!"

Still amazes me - as I did not know for some time - that the same actress to play Sylvia Moon (Elizabeth Marvel) would play Jenny Hendry/Wendy LeBlanc in "Prisoner" from S5 (which just aired again recently). As said, that episode and "Homo Homini Lupus" are the only two episodes of the franchise where there was no murder!

(Which, I have read, is more in line with the real Major Case, which deals with art thefts and such. At least "Art" was in the ballpark!  🙂  But I imagine the show could not sustain no murders for 10 seasons, soooo...)

• Love 4

Vincent D'Onofrio will appear in a new Ryan Murphy series, Ratched, a prequel series about Nurse Mildred Ratched, a.k.a. the villainous nurse in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Sarah Paulson will star in the titular role (Paulson appeared on the Mothership in an episode). Cynthia Nixon, who has appeared in all three franchise shows as well as Sex and The City, will also be part of the cast. As will Sharon Stone.

It is slated to premiere on September 18th (hey, my birthday!).

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Hopefully they can begin filming safely...it is going to be a long year on reruns....

Since it is a Netflix series, perhaps there is some flexibility with taping and such? (Don't know, just speculating.) As there will be only 8 episodes for the first season (I read this got a straight-to-series two-season order back in 2017), maybe taping can be spaced out.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

*Sees "Blind Spot" on WE*.

This is my standing Ross is a dick! post!

Carry on!

Ross was truly an asswipe.

I noticed in Self Made when they were talking about the literary agent who was a dick to his assistants being a bad boss, Ross defended him and asked Eames if she just happened to be on a site about bad bosses, I laughed at that, I bet there were some stories about Ross on a site dedicated to bad bosses LOL and it figures that Ross would defend another boss who treated his subordinates like shit. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

*Sees "Blind Spot" on WE*.

This is my standing Ross is a dick! post!

Carry on!

I hope that wasn't your only take away from that episode because, although I agree that Ross is a total dick, it was also the episode where I fell forever in love with Robert Goren.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I hope that wasn't your only take away from that episode because, although I agree that Ross is a total dick, it was also the episode where I fell forever in love with Robert Goren.

Definitely not my only take away. And I ♥ Goren.  🙂

But what a way for Ross to endear himself to his new detectives: Treat them like shit. That's...a choice.

I thought the scene where Bobby pops Eames' trunk to find the strange dead woman there was expertly played. Trying to steel himself, but terrified, and when he sees the body, a sort of...relief. Ditto the scene where Jo says how she planned on killing Eames and Bobby tries to remain "friendly" as she details her plan but closes his eyes for a moment. VDO nailed it.

• Love 2

Ditto the scene where Jo says how she planned on killing Eames and Bobby tries to remain "friendly" as she details her plan but closes his eyes for a moment. VDO nailed it.

That was the moment. You could see how he was struggling against his revulsion and horror. Remaining committed to his job to see it through to the end because while he was undoubtedly professional, he was also human.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

That was the moment. You could see how he was struggling against his revulsion and horror. Remaining committed to his job to see it through to the end because while he was undoubtedly professional, he was also human.

And - unlike most cases where it was just about the case, the "puzzle", so to speak - this hit Bobby personally. Both via Declan (his mentor) and Jo Gage, but most especially, because Alex was the victim. "Blind Spot" was the episode where you realized that Eames was Goren's emotional anchor. And with her in danger and gone, no way could Bobby remain detached and objective.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2020 at 2:43 PM, peacheslatour said:

Ditto the scene where Jo says how she planned on killing Eames and Bobby tries to remain "friendly" as she details her plan but closes his eyes for a moment. VDO nailed it.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:43 PM, peacheslatour said:

All true but I detected a bit of sympathy from Det. Goren as well.  His mentor and father figure basically ignored his daughter and treated her like an assistant AT BEST.  Not that I'm defending her actions however I understand why it happened.  The scene where Declan was going to use his daughter as shark bait.....I think this was turning point for Det. Goren for him to take a close look at this man whom he so obviously admires and respects and see how he treats his own child. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

All true but I detected a bit of sympathy from Det. Goren as well.  His mentor and father figure basically ignored his daughter and treated her like an assistant AT BEST.  Not that I'm defending her actions however I understand why it happened.  The scene where Declan was going to use his daughter as shark bait.....I think this was turning point for Det. Goren for him to take a close look at this man whom he so obviously admires and respects and see how he treats his own child. 

Oh yeah, the revulsion and horror he was feeling was directed at his mentor as well. He was dealing with seeing behind the mask and it disgusted him.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh yeah, the revulsion and horror he was feeling was directed at his mentor as well. He was dealing with seeing behind the mask and it disgusted him.

I think that is what his long stare at Declan (after Jo is taken away and before we see him with Alex at the hospital) at the end was silently conveying.

• Love 3

Been watching episodes from season seven today. Now, I have declared my undying love for Goren many times in this forum but one thing that bothers me is the double standard. Do you think TPTB would have allowed Kathryn Erbe to gain fifty pounds and go completely grey?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Definitely is a double standard!! No way would TPTB have kept Eames in those circumstances... sad commentary really. Men can age, gain weight, go gray but women are expected to stay slim and young looking throughout their time on the show. It is just wrong, but it is what it is... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Been watching episodes from season seven today. Now, I have declared my undying love for Goren many times in this forum but one thing that bothers me is the double standard. Do you the TPTB would have allowed Kathryn Erbe to gain fifty pounds and go completely grey?

It's not fair, but it's been around for ages. With that said, I think there was a lot going on behind the scenes with VDO. He had brought up said weight gain in past discussions and had thanked the fans for sticking with him regardless of it.

Kathryn Erbe rocked her early bob cut, but I liked her longer layers in S6 through 8. Seasons 9 and 10, her hair seemed a wee bit too long to me, but if she liked it, that's all that counts.

• Love 2

He still had more weight on, but in the S7 episode, "Depths", I still think that VDO/Bobby looked AWESOME. He had scruff, not a full beard, with shorn hair, and he was tan. I think he looked absolutely great there. (Me? Shallow? Ummm...) What's funny is that I have seen some online that prefer heavier Bobby. I'd take him either way, but I was just surprised!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

He still had more weight on, but in the S7 episode, "Depths", I still think that VDO/Bobby looked AWESOME. He had scruff, not a full beard, with shorn hair, and he was tan. I think he looked absolutely great there. (Me? Shallow? Ummm...) What's funny is that I have seen some online that prefer heavier Bobby. I'd take him either way, but I was just surprised!

Hahaha!  I'm right there with ya and yeah I actually found him more attractive with a little extra weight and the scruffy beard.  Especially with his hair grown out a little more.  His hair is a bit wavy/curly.   I've always found men more attractive with a larger frame and facial hair but that's just me.  Not that he was unattractive in season 1-3 when he was thinner.  IDK, just different tastes I guess.

As far as Eames goes, yeah totally unfair how she had to keep her weight down, etc.  It reminds me of an interview the cast of Friends did and it was brought up that the females on the show had to keep ultra slim and keep their looks up while Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc....well they didn't...

The only thing I didn't like about Eames was she was a bit plain too me.  I don't ever remember her wearing jewelry or anything even mildly feminine.  That's why I wish the show would have given her a love interest so we could have seen a different side of her.  I seem to remember all of Logan's partners looking a bit more lady like without going overboard with it.

The only thing I didn't like about Eames was she was a bit plain too me.  I don't ever remember her wearing jewelry or anything even mildly feminine.  That's why I wish the show would have given her a love interest so we could have seen a different side of her.  I seem to remember all of Logan's partners looking a bit more lady like without going overboard with it.

I found that to be a breath of fresh air after the overly sexualized detectives and ADA's on most of Wolf's shows.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Hahaha!  I'm right there with ya and yeah I actually found him more attractive with a little extra weight and the scruffy beard.  Especially with his hair grown out a little more.  His hair is a bit wavy/curly.   I've always found men more attractive with a larger frame and facial hair but that's just me.  Not that he was unattractive in season 1-3 when he was thinner.  IDK, just different tastes I guess.

As far as Eames goes, yeah totally unfair how she had to keep her weight down, etc.  It reminds me of an interview the cast of Friends did and it was brought up that the females on the show had to keep ultra slim and keep their looks up while Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc....well they didn't...

The only thing I didn't like about Eames was she was a bit plain too me.  I don't ever remember her wearing jewelry or anything even mildly feminine.  That's why I wish the show would have given her a love interest so we could have seen a different side of her.  I seem to remember all of Logan's partners looking a bit more lady like without going overboard with it.

Alex wore double necklaces a lot later in the series. Also, in "Amends", I also saw that KE had double pierced ears (or was it triple?), which I thought was funky!  🙂 (Lucky her. I let my ear holes close up because no matter what I did, they'd get infected; maybe I had an allergy!) And the makeup seemed to be upped in S8. The make up department in "Lady's Man" seemed to love the eye shadow. As a matter of fact, "Endgame", "Amends", and the very beginning of "Lady's Man" were the only episodes I recall that Alex/KE had her hair up. Oh, right, I forgot "Alpha Dog" for that style, too. I thought she looked great. Wish the show did it more.

Oh, yeah! She also wore a skirt/jacket combo in "Depths" (that of Bobby looking AWESOME, which I detailed already!) that I thought really looked good on her. (When she and Bobby went on Dana's boat and searched her place!) Ditto the same/similar look when she picked up Bobby in Staten Island in "Faithfully". I think the long boots upped that outfit, too. (Sorry, can you tell I like clothes?  😉 )

Overall, maybe Alex wasn't girly-girl, but I also attribute that to the character in being from a family of cops and being a woman in a man's profession, yada, yada.  🙂

I did think her wardrobe for her final season was much more streamlined. Less of her famous leather coat. They put her in some trench coats. One from "Last Street In Manhattan", I really liked!

The show did have that Det. Peter Lyons interested in her in "Silencer", but she didn't seem that into it. And Kevin Mulrooney? Well, psychos make for lousy love interests. LOL!

I'll have tomatoes thrown at me, but while I am not a RABID shipper, I *do* believe there was something more than just partnery feelings where G/E were/are concerned, and - this is to me here only! - I think KE played it later on that Eames' feelings for Goren ran DEEP. Even Moran commented upon it in "Loyalty". And Declan Gage in "Frame". I like that the show did let the viewer decide as far as that went. As Bobby said to Gyson in S10, he didn't love Eames, but the show - and Bobby - ALSO said EVERYBODY lies. It's not the only explanation, naturally, but it could explain just why Alex never walked away (which, much as I love Goren, he gave her plenty of incentive to do!).

Then that very last scene seemed to play it ambiguously for the shippers and non-shippers.

And, if you look at the show historically, it seemed to want its cake and to eat it, too. It would have G/E sometimes pose as a couple (loved the shoe shopping scene as yuppies in S2!) and/or would reference Alex "hooking up with a REAL man" or some such other romantic references. See also "Vanishing Act" and Dean Holliday reading Goren/Eames. I think it's noticeable because you NEVER saw that with Logan (oops, once with Falacci in "Seeds" pretending to be a couple picking a sperm donor), but none with Barek or Wheeler or Nichols/Wheeler/Stevens.

Soooo...and I may be wrong, maybe that's why the show never invested in long-term love interests for either. Or TPTB just wisely did not want CI to become a soap opera and decided to let us fill in the blanks as to G/E's love lives or lack thereof. I think it was smart.

On Bobby's hair, I liked it shorter, but the curls were also great on him, so VDO was lucky he could pull off different looks like a chameleon. (Now I have the Culture Club song in my head!)

Whoops. This was a novella. Sorry! 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

On another note, I was watching some Season 6 episodes on Peacock. I had forgotten about that female mechanic (?) or whatever at the NYPD, the one introduced in "Tru Love" and was trying to flirt with Wheeler. (She also appeared in "Vanishing Act".) Odd that she only seemed to be in those two episodes then just disappeared. Maybe budget?

Yet Simmons the over-eager forensic accountant managed to recur from Seasons 5 through 7.

One recurring character I'm sort of shocked stuck around so long was the Nancy Grace stand in, Faith Yancy. I think she debuted in "In The Wee Small Hours" in Season 5, and I believe her final appearance was in "Lady's Man". She was annoying, but I think she was meant to be. Not bad longevity wise.

One such character that never got his due was Jeffries. (He was the older bald cop in the squad room. One of his first episodes was all the way back in S1, not named then, but I THINK it was the same guy Goren threw his phone at in "Blind Spot" and addressed as Jeffries. I remember him in "Frame", telling Goren how he was someone's next of kin. He was forever in the background, but I liked the constancy. If the actor was not the same throughout, then any replacement looked remarkably similar.)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

On another note, I was watching some Season 6 episodes on Peacock. I had forgotten about that female mechanic (?) or whatever at the NYPD, the one introduced in "Tru Love" and was trying to flirt with Wheeler. (She also appeared in "Vanishing Act".) Odd that she only seemed to be in those two episodes then just disappeared. Maybe budget?

Yet Simmons the over-eager forensic accountant managed to recur from Seasons 5 through 7.

One recurring character I'm sort of shocked stuck around so long was the Nancy Grace stand in, Faith Yancy. I think she debuted in "In The Wee Small Hours" in Season 5, and I believe her final appearance was in "Lady's Man". She was annoying, but I think she was meant to be. Not bad longevity wise.

One such character that never got his due was Jeffries. (He was the older bald cop in the squad room. One of his first episodes was all the way back in S1, not named then, but I THINK it was the same guy Goren threw his phone at in "Blind Spot" and addressed as Jeffries. I remember him in "Frame", telling Goren how he was someone's next of kin. He was forever in the background, but I liked the constancy. If the actor was not the same throughout, then any replacement looked remarkably similar.)

I really liked the continuity throughout all of the L&O shows, and how minor, recurring characters would continually show up throughout the seasons. Sadly SVU doesn’t have that anymore, they have zero respect for continuity and pretty much no recurring characters. Overall though the franchise has been pretty good about continuity. 

Another recurring character that I liked seeing on both the Mothership and CI was ballistics expert Arlene Shrier - she appeared in 16 episodes of the Mothership starting all the way back in season 2, and she appeared in 3 CI episodes : Crazy from season 1, Consumed in season 3 and The Unblinking Eye in season 4. I really liked the continuity there and she was a good character. 

As for Faith Yancy, I found her entertaining, she was definitely a stand in for Nancy Grace and I found the character entertaining, I always liked when we would see the media’s reaction to certain cases. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Another recurring character that I liked seeing on both the Mothership and CI was ballistics expert Arlene Shrier - she appeared in 16 episodes of the Mothership starting all the way back in season 2, and she appeared in 3 CI episodes : Crazy from season 1, Consumed in season 3 and The Unblinking Eye in season 4. I really liked the continuity there and she was a good character. 

Yep, I remember her well. The Mothership S2 episode she appeared in, "Wages of Love", was the take on the Broderick murders where Shirley Knight's character kept whining how she and her hubby "were married for 25 yeeeeeeears!". I remember Logan mentioning Shrier could do card tricks, too (after mentioning gun registration stuff), to Ceretta.

So when she popped up on Criminal Intent a few times, it was pretty cool. It actually felt like this show was part of the franchise rather than off on its own island as seemed to happen later.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yep, I remember her well. The Mothership S2 episode she appeared in, "Wages of Love", was the take on the Broderick murders where Shirley Knight's character kept whining how she and her hubby "were married for 25 yeeeeeeears!". I remember Logan mentioning Shrier could do card tricks, too (after mentioning gun registration stuff), to Ceretta.

So when she popped up on Criminal Intent a few times, it was pretty cool. It actually felt like this show was part of the franchise rather than off on its own island as seemed to happen later.

I was so happy to see Eames show up on SVU. Her using Goren's interview methods on a suspect was a joy to behold.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I was so happy to see Eames show up on SVU. Her using Goren's interview methods on a suspect was a joy to behold.

Yeah, I didn't like it, because it negated CI and its end. Bobby loved his job and wanted to keep it. Then Leight has Bobby in Maine so Olivia can have someone to whine to about Elliot and how their partners left them and...yuck. So I mind wiped it away out of existence.

But glad you liked it! Really.

Something for everyone.  🙂

"Frame" is on, and there's a hole I missed and have never seen mentioned!

You all recall Nicole was at the flower shop with her crocodile tears ordering bunches of bouquets for Bobby and Gwen and the florist mentioned another. Well, that one was obviously Declan's. However, I think it was supposed to be Declan waiting in the car she motioned to.

And the syringe G/E had showed she was interrupted in killing him with poison, so why and how the hell could Declan get that "get well" bouquet since she ordered it earlier and Declan was supposed to be dead?

Oops!

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, The Wages of Love was Shrier’s first appearance in the franchise, that was of course a memorable episode for both the whiny bitch perp and for Jerry Orbach playing the defense lawyer, but yeah Shrier appeared quite a few times on the Mothership and it was nice to see her pop up on CI 3 times as well. I loved it when they had characters from the different L&O shows crossover, or even when they mentioned a character from one of the other shows. 

34 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, I didn't like it, because it negated CI and its end. Bobby loved his job and wanted to keep it. Then Leight has Bobby in Maine so Olivia can have someone to whine to about Elliot and how their partners left them and...yuck. So I mind wiped it away out of existence.

But glad you liked it! Really.

Something for everyone.  🙂

"Frame" is on, and there's a hole I missed and have never seen mentioned!

You all recall Nicole was at the flower shop with her crocodile tears ordering bunches of bouquets for Bobby and Gwen and the florist mentioned another. Well, that one was obviously Declan's. However, I think it was supposed to be Declan waiting in the car she motioned to.

And the syringe G/E had showed she was interrupted in killing him with poison, so why and how the hell could Declan get that "get well" bouquet since she ordered it earlier and Declan was supposed to be dead?

Oops!

I don’t remember SVU saying where Goren was, where did you get it that he was in Maine? I admit it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the episode, but all I remember them saying was that Goren had “moved on”. I have mixed feelings about Eames’ appearance on SVU, I liked seeing her again and her interacting with the SVU characters and I liked the crossover continuity element, but I didn’t like how they undid CI’s ending, I felt like they could’ve had Eames appear without mentioning that Goren had moved on from the Major Case Squad. 

Interesting plot hole you mention in Frame, I’ve never caught it, I guess because I hate that episode and that storyline, I’ve said many times how utterly ridiculous I found the Nicole episodes to be, especially as the storyline went on, the main thing that’s memorable about Frame is Ross being an ass (as usual) and Goren going bonkers on Rodgers, that was the only compelling part of the episode IMO.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t remember SVU saying where Goren was, where did you get it that he was in Maine?

Maybe that wasn't in the episode, but there was stuff that did not make the episode eons ago, bonus stuff. And if I recall, Eames told...someone...that Goren had gone to Maine to write a book.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe that wasn't in the episode, but there was stuff that did not make the episode eons ago, bonus stuff. And if I recall, Eames told...someone...that Goren had gone to Maine to write a book.

Interesting, so there were deleted scenes from the episode? I never knew that, I wish that had made the episode, I would’ve liked to have known where Goren was instead of them just saying he moved on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I LOATHED that SVU episode because not only was Eames not herself-she had her own style of questioning which I liked-but she used Goren’s “leaning” there. And the conversation between her and Olivia was that inference that Goren had “abandoned” her and there was something more than respect, friendship, and partnership between them.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the conversation between her and Olivia was that inference that Goren had “abandoned” her and there was something more than respect, friendship, and partnership between them.

As I said above, I hated that talk. but for myself, I do think the relationship was a lot more complex. Still, as I also said, that interpretation is up to each viewer. I did like Eames taking a page from Goren's interrogation style, because she had seen it was effective.

But the entire events around the SVU appearances just made me ragey at how it undid CI, so...*shrug*

Why the show just couldn't have Goren undercover again or out of town while Eames helped Benson, I don't understand. (Well, that talk, but yuck.)

The one cameo I wish we could have seen more than once is with Lennie, but Jerry Orbach's health and subsequent death made that impossible.  😞 I liked the bit with Green/Briscoe and G/E in "Poison".

But then, this franchise has forever been hit or miss regarding writing out characters. I hate what SVU did to reverse Goren wanting to keep his job (and he did!), but it didn't treat Jesse L. Martin's Ed Green's exit that much better on the Mothership, IMO. (Gambling again, being investigated, etc. Ed was a good cop and that whole bit sucked. So at least Bobby Goren was in good company. At least Mike Logan - while quitting - left on his terms, more or less.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I said above, I hated that talk. but for myself, I do think the relationship was a lot more complex. Still, as I also said, that interpretation is up to each viewer. I did like Eames taking a page from Goren's interrogation style, because she had seen it was effective.

But the entire events around the SVU appearances just made me ragey at how it undid CI, so...*shrug*

Why the show just couldn't have Goren undercover again or out of town while Eames helped Benson, I don't understand. (Well, that talk, but yuck.)

The one cameo I wish we could have seen more than once is with Lennie, but Jerry Orbach's health and subsequent death made that impossible.  😞 I liked the bit with Green/Briscoe and G/E in "Poison".

But then, this franchise has forever been hit or miss regarding writing out characters. I hate what SVU did to reverse Goren wanting to keep his job (and he did!), but it didn't treat Jesse L. Martin's Ed Green's exit that much better on the Mothership, IMO. (Gambling again, being investigated, etc. Ed was a good cop and that whole bit sucked. So at least Bobby Goren was in good company. At least Mike Logan - while quitting - left on his terms, more or less.)

It’s too bad Briscoe and Green only appeared once on CI, I would’ve liked to have seen another cameo by them on the show, their appearance in Poison was awesome. But yeah it’s really a shame that Orbach’s death prevented Lennie from appearing later on in a Logan episode, I would’ve LOVED for Briscoe and Logan to have interacted again, especially since their last interaction we saw was in that awful movie where Lennie was so OOC. At least we got to see Logan talking about Lennie and how he still thinks about him in Renewal (that was the best part of that bizarre episode). 

And yeah the franchise has always been hit or miss with writing out characters - Green’s exit on the Mothership pissed me off with how he had to leave because his reputation was in ruins, he was a great character and deserved a better send off. And also the infamous Serena “is this because I’m a lesbian” exit was really strange. Other than that the Mothership did a good job with exits - Lennie’s exit was perfect and for the most part they kept the character exits low key but they did a good job with them. And SVU has always been hit or miss with exits as well - Cragen and Munch got great send offs, but don’t get me started on how awful the exits for Barba and Peter Stone were. 

• Love 2