Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order Discussion Topic (2019 - 2021)

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Just now on Twitter: "I’m now obsessed with variable possible ways Elizabeth Rohm could have read her infamous line… so much backstory could have been told." 
(Click to see a few takes by someone NOT Elizabeth Rohm: https://twitter.com/TomatoNation/status/1433266767472861187.)

Maybe she was like me and thought it was a stupid line as it was obvious why she was getting fired and if they wanted to have a main gay character, maybe revealing the fact as her last throwaway line wasn't the best way to acheive it. Therefore the line didn't deserve anything.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Maybe she was like me and thought it was a stupid line as it was obvious why she was getting fired and if they wanted to have a main gay character, maybe revealing the fact as her last throwaway line wasn't the best way to acheive it. Therefore the line didn't deserve anything.

For sure!
But that's what makes the comic's takes on it kind of hilarious (at least, to me).
No matter where they put the accent, it's such a nothing burger line.

• Love 2

Compassion was just on, and this is one case where I believe the defendant was genuinely insane, I think the doctor who poisoned the con man had genuinely cracked under the stress of her work and seeing children dying from illnesses for so many years, I think she had completely lost her grip on reality. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 1

The victim's parents in Good Girl were such idiots. They force McCoy and Ross to bring the case to trial even though they tell them that they don't have any evidence against the murderer. The murderer Danielle was claiming that the victim drugged and raped her and she killed him. The police, McCoy and Ross are skeptical of her claim because she waited so long to tell them that and claimed not know the victim but knew where to find a cab in his neighborhood. But that's really it. They keep trying to find something to refute the claim but can't really find anything. His parents cry about how hard it is to hear everyone calling their son a rapist. That would be really hard but forcing a case to trial when the lawyers tell them they don't have anything? How is that a good idea? Of course it goes bad. Then a mysterious "letter" shows up claiming one of the jurors is a racist so he will be dismissed and replaced with the alternate who is a black woman. Their lawyer or the parents wrote the letter. They get mad at McCoy because of how the case is going. Well, duh! He told them they didn't have anything and they forced it to trial and their shocked when its going badly? Then have the nerve to get mad at McCoy and Ross? Maybe if they let them work the case they could have turned up something. They pretty much do everything they can to insure his murderer will go free and everyone will think their son is a rapist. The only reason they don't go don't lose is McCoy or Ross seen an interaction with the murderer and her father and remember a story about her breaking her arm in high school after dating a black guy. Yep, turns out her father is a big racist (although through the show so are her friends) and broke her arm when he found in high school. Danielle was dating the victim but keeping a secret from everyone. He got tired of it and broke up with her. Danielle got mad/hurt and killed him.  If not for that Danielle probably would have walked and it would have been all his parents and their lawyer's fault.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4

I saw Blood tonight, this is a really good episode and my god the killer was one nasty racist witch, I hated her guts, she even hated her son because he was part black as Jack said, and I loved how Jack got her to plead guilty, I had no problem with him lying that the ex husband would testify against her.

Van Buren was great, I loved her “hello my brother” when she went to talk to Josh Burdett. I love Van Buren, she could exert her authority while staying very composed.

Schiff was great as well - “why do you always give me bad news when I’m digesting” he said when they informed him Burdett didn’t have a motive to kill his wife, Schiff was awesome.

It was weird how Jamie randomly mentioned McCoy going on a date with one of her friends and that he mentioned Claire to her, that seemed to come out of nowhere. One thing that didn’t really work in season 8 was how they threw in personal stuff for each character, and none of it really went anywhere. 

Really good episode all around though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I saw Blood tonight, this is a really good episode and my god the killer was one nasty racist witch, I hated her guts, she even hated her son because he was part black as Jack said, and I loved how Jack got her to plead guilty, I had no problem with him lying that the ex husband would testify against her.

Van Buren was great, I loved her “hello my brother” when she went to talk to Josh Burdett. I love Van Buren, she could exert her authority while staying very composed.

Schiff was great as well - “why do you always give me bad news when I’m digesting” he said when they informed him Burdett didn’t have a motive to kill his wife, Schiff was awesome.

Yeah, she really was the worse. Racist to the point she hated her own son? That's messed up. Her poor son. There's no way he didn't know his mother was a racist. Eventually he's going to realize his mother hates him. If he hasn't already. I loved Van Buren's "hello my brother" she was really great in that scene.  

t was weird how Jamie randomly mentioned McCoy going on a date with one of her friends and that he mentioned Claire to her, that seemed to come out of nowhere. One thing that didn’t really work in season 8 was how they threw in personal stuff for each character, and none of it really went anywhere. 

Really good episode all around though.

That was really random. I didn't like them throwing in personal stuff either. The show was better without it. Or when they'd sprinkle in information like in Jack mentioning his father in one episode about cops or Ben knowing the doctor would drink too much at lunch because his father did. That was enough for me. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, she really was the worse. Racist to the point she hated her own son? That's messed up. Her poor son. There's no way he didn't know his mother was a racist. Eventually he's going to realize his mother hates him. If he hasn't already. I loved Van Buren's "hello my brother" she was really great in that scene.  

That was really random. I didn't like them throwing in personal stuff either. The show was better without it. Or when they'd sprinkle in information like in Jack mentioning his father in one episode about cops or Ben knowing the doctor would drink too much at lunch because his father did. That was enough for me. 

Yeah that woman was just evil and nasty. One of the most repulsive perps on L&O in my opinion.

And yeah the part about Jack going on a date with one of Jamie’s friends was really random, I didn’t mind when the show gave us tidbits of personal info when it had to do with the case like you said, but in season 8 they threw in a bunch of random stuff that had nothing to do with the cases and it kind of dragged down the show. Fortunately they didn’t do that much in other seasons. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah that woman was just evil and nasty. One of the most repulsive perps on L&O in my opinion.

And yeah the part about Jack going on a date with one of Jamie’s friends was really random, I didn’t mind when the show gave us tidbits of personal info when it had to do with the case like you said, but in season 8 they threw in a bunch of random stuff that had nothing to do with the cases and it kind of dragged down the show. Fortunately they didn’t do that much in other seasons. 

agreed what a vile lady she was, hope she did the max

you ever wonder why l&O for the most part didn't really get into personal lives but svu was/is notorious for it, i.e. stablers kids, any thing to do with Rollins and Olivia 

my thought for svu was maybe because of the vile nature of most of the crimes they dealt with they wanted to show a bit of humanity with the main characters as a sort of breather for viewers aside from perps being caught and dealt with

• Love 3
1 hour ago, balmz said:

agreed what a vile lady she was, hope she did the max

you ever wonder why l&O for the most part didn't really get into personal lives but svu was/is notorious for it, i.e. stablers kids, any thing to do with Rollins and Olivia 

my thought for svu was maybe because of the vile nature of most of the crimes they dealt with they wanted to show a bit of humanity with the main characters as a sort of breather for viewers aside from perps being caught and dealt with

I agree, SVU wanted something a bit different from the Mothership, and with them dealing with different kinds of cases, particularly a lot of cases involving living victims, they wanted to show a more personal side to things. However SVU in its best years still kept the focus on the cases with only some personal drama - now the personal drama is almost more prominent than the cases and is a big part of every single episode, it’s why the show has gotten so much weaker in recent seasons. I’m really glad the Mothership never let the personal stuff overshadow the cases and kept it to a minimum in all 20 seasons - I’m really glad they never did another episode like Aftershock and that the cases always stayed front and center. 

• Love 4

Just finished watching the Serena gets fired episode. 

I laugh at the defense lawyer trying to argue that posting on a website was protected. I laughed really hard. Yeah, no its not. Also, laughed after McCoy argues in court to get the name of the person who posted information about the case only to learn the person lives in Ukraine. Yeah, that sounds right. Although how did he knew details of the murder? Were they telling everyone? 

I disagree with Serena (I know shocking) twice in this episode. First she keeps talking about how everyone she talked to says Stephen is a great kid. His parents, teachers, etc. That's family and friends of murderers usually do say. Maybe Stephen is a great kid but he said nothing when his friend Psycho murdered is mentor who was producing his album and the guy who was trying to steer Stephen in the right direction. He said nothing in the days or months afterwards. Serena talks about how he had a hard choice between his friend and his mentor. Except he already knew Psycho was a murderer and Stephen had no problem putting details of that crime in in his song. Yes, his friend bought most of his recording equipment but it was with drug money and he knew that. So he has no problem with his friend killing someone or selling drugs or killing the guy who was producing his record. Why did his friend kill him? Because he talked Stephen out of giving a cut of his money to Psycho so he could use it for his drug business.  That really doesn't make Stephen sound like a great guy.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Just finished watching the Serena gets fired episode. 

I laugh at the defense lawyer trying to argue that posting on a website was protected. I laughed really hard. Yeah, no its not. Also, laughed after McCoy argues in court to get the name of the person who posted information about the case only to learn the person lives in Ukraine. Yeah, that sounds right. Although how did he knew details of the murder? Were they telling everyone? 

I disagree with Serena (I know shocking) twice in this episode. First she keeps talking about how everyone she talked to says Stephen is a great kid. His parents, teachers, etc. That's family and friends of murderers usually do say. Maybe Stephen is a great kid but he said nothing when his friend Psycho murdered is mentor who was producing his album and the guy who was trying to steer Stephen in the right direction. He said nothing in the days or months afterwards. Serena talks about how he had a hard choice between his friend and his mentor. Except he already knew Psycho was a murderer and Stephen had no problem putting details of that crime in in his song. Yes, his friend bought most of his recording equipment but it was with drug money and he knew that. So he has no problem with his friend killing someone or selling drugs or killing the guy who was producing his record. Why did his friend kill him? Because he talked Stephen out of giving a cut of his money to Psycho so he could use it for his drug business.  That really doesn't make Stephen sound like a great guy.

I agree with you completely - Stephen wasn’t innocent in the whole ordeal. Serena whining and acting as though he shouldn’t be punished irritated me, and that was something Serena did routinely. I completely understood why Arthur had had enough of her and fired her. The whole lesbian line was so stupid and weird and deflected from the real reason Serena was fired - because she was too soft to be an effective prosecutor, something which was shown over the course of her time on the show. Not to mention, her and Arthur flat out didn’t like each other most of the time. 

• Love 3

Watching some season 5 episodes tonight - first one I saw is House Counsel, where McCoy went after his old friend the defense lawyer for the mob boss, for conspiracy. This was a good episode, really interesting case about how the defense attorney was involved in the mob boss’ crimes, and it was one of the few times we saw Jack really bothered by the case after convicting his old friend. I didn’t buy what the lawyer’s wife said about Jack wanting to win at all cost, Jack wasn’t prosecuting Kapell because he wanted to win, he did it because he wanted to bring the mob boss to justice and this was the only way. I did wonder one thing about the case - who was the getaway driver during the murder of the juror? I’m sure it was one of Dosso’s associates but they never specified who it was.

There were a couple of really good lines in the episode - when Jack called the shooter’s lawyer “Oliver Wendell Blockhead” and then Schiff’s rant about “what is this, Bernie’s bargain basement”.

Next up was Guardian, another good episode. Excellent police investigative work that led them to the family business manager and a good plot, Kaman was scum, embezzling from the family and then letting the girl die because she knew about it. I did think the police were dumb to arrest Kaman in his car so they could search it, they should’ve known that would come back to bite them, and Schiff was right to rebuke Van Buren for it (interesting scene as Schiff didn’t have many scenes with the police). I thought it was rather dumb of the defense attorney to put Kaman on the stand since he knew the prosecution had evidence that the victim was in Kaman’s car that night, and that McCoy might use it to challenge his credibility and the judge might let him. If he hadn’t testified, I think the defense would’ve had a better chance.

I remember some people saying they didn’t think season 5 was as good as other seasons, I disagree - there were a lot of really good episodes in season 5 and the main characters were great.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Watching some season 5 episodes tonight - first one I saw is House Counsel,

That was one of the first episodes I ever watched. I thought the investigation was plotted very well.   Interesting tidbit, Kapell (Ron Leibman) and Mrs Kapell (Jessica Walter) were married in real life.  I always liked the mob episodes.

9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I remember some people saying they didn’t think season 5 was as good as other seasons, I disagree - there were a lot of really good episodes in season 5 and the main characters were great.

Season 5 did have some good episodes. One of my favorites is Coma.  Larry Miller plays a club owner accused of shooting his wife. I remember absolutely hating the ending and being thrilled the next season the episode Encore had his character once again being accused of killing his wife.  I thought well surely they have to get him this time.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That was one of the first episodes I ever watched. I thought the investigation was plotted very well.   Interesting tidbit, Kapell (Ron Leibman) and Mrs Kapell (Jessica Walter) were married in real life.  I always liked the mob episodes.

Season 5 did have some good episodes. One of my favorites is Coma.  Larry Miller plays a club owner accused of shooting his wife. I remember absolutely hating the ending and being thrilled the next season the episode Encore had his character once again being accused of killing his wife.  I thought well surely they have to get him this time.  

Didn’t know the actors who played the Kapell’s were married in real life, interesting fact.

I think season 5 has a lot of good episodes, and the cast is one of my favorites. The transition from Stone to McCoy was very smooth, it could’ve been bad but I really liked how it was done as Jack fit in well from the start and I liked how he didn’t need a grand introduction as he had been in the office as well and was known by everyone.

I liked how they did a follow up to Coma in season 6 as well, it was well done. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Season 5 is my all-time favorite. On the "Law" side was the dream team of Logan, Briscoe, and Van Buren. I'm also an unabashed McCoy-Kincaid shipper, so I liked seeing how their relationship progressed. I really appreciated that the show wasn't in your face about it, and it was a matter of catching subtle clues here and there. And the cases were interesting as well.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, michelec said:

Season 5 is my all-time favorite. On the "Law" side was the dream team of Logan, Briscoe, and Van Buren. I'm also an unabashed McCoy-Kincaid shipper, so I liked seeing how their relationship progressed. I really appreciated that the show wasn't in your face about it, and it was a matter of catching subtle clues here and there. And the cases were interesting as well.

I love season 5 as well - all of the main characters were great. While I dislike romantic relationships between main characters in crime procedurals, I definitely think McCoy and Kincaid had great chemistry together and I liked how their relationship wasn’t shoved in the viewers faces at all, and was only confirmed after Claire’s death. There were a lot of great episodes in season 5 - I think my favorites are Purple Heart, Bad Faith, Guardian, Virtue and House Counsel.

• Love 1

content warning for this

was this ever an episode in the show or in any of the spinoffs? I have a faint memory of a plot where there was some aids denial quack doctor who was treating someone who had the symptoms of hiv and the doctor was linked to several deaths from untreated hiv and aids, the detectives arrest the doctor and the da files several charges and has the one patient who was mislead by the doctor into think they did not have hiv and is then examined by  a proper one and is told they have end stage aids and they do persuade the patient that aids is real

later at the courthouse the doctor is being arraigned and manages to get bail and is leaving when the patient approaches them and screams at the doctor that they killed them ,we see their wrists and palms are bloody and they cut their own neck and the patient with their dying energy smears their bloody hand across the doctor's face and says they hate them forever and then falls to the ground dead with blood everywhere, the court officers visibly recoil while this is happening and don't want to touch the person while the da people look in horror, we find out the patient had sharpened a piece of plastic and hid it on themselves somehow and brought it in

I forget the rest of the episode except for this, the doctor is repeatedly told to see another doctor because of the risk of infection from the blood, the doctor of course refuses to, nevermind that even if hiv/aids didn't exist there is all sorts of other blood borne illnesses

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, balmz said:

content warning for this

was this ever an episode in the show or in any of the spinoffs? I have a faint memory of a plot where there was some aids denial quack doctor who was treating someone who had the symptoms of hiv and the doctor was linked to several deaths from untreated hiv and aids, the detectives arrest the doctor and the da files several charges and has the one patient who was mislead by the doctor into think they did not have hiv and is then examined by  a proper one and is told they have end stage aids and they do persuade the patient that aids is real

later at the courthouse the doctor is being arraigned and manages to get bail and is leaving when the patient approaches them and screams at the doctor that they killed them ,we see their wrists and palms are bloody and they cut their own neck and the patient with their dying energy smears their bloody hand across the doctor's face and says they hate them forever and then falls to the ground dead with blood everywhere, the court officers visibly recoil while this is happening and don't want to touch the person while the da people look in horror, we find out the patient had sharpened a piece of plastic and hid it on themselves somehow and brought it in

I forget the rest of the episode except for this, the doctor is repeatedly told to see another doctor because of the risk of infection from the blood, the doctor of course refuses to, nevermind that even if hiv/aids didn't exist there is all sorts of other blood borne illnesses

That doesn’t sound like any episode of this show. The show did have an episode about a doctor treating AIDS patients, season 16’s Positive, but nothing like that happened in the episode. No this isn’t an episode on any show of the L&O franchise that I’m aware of, and I’ve seen every episode of this franchise multiple times.

This sounds like something that might’ve happened on one of the CSI shows given the bloodiness, I’m not very familiar with that franchise. 

17 hours ago, balmz said:

content warning for this

I think that was SVU.  Epi name Retro.

19 hours ago, balmz said:

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I think that was SVU.  Epi name Retro.

Does this sound like it, @balmz?
lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Retro

If so, there and SVU analysis thread here: 
forums.primetimer.com/topic/27259-show-analysis-dr-huang-will-see-you-now

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Does this sound like it, @balmz?
lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Retro

If so, there and SVU analysis thread here: 
forums.primetimer.com/topic/27259-show-analysis-dr-huang-will-see-you-now

No it wasn’t Retro, that was about an AIDS denying doctor, but there was no courtroom suicide. I’m certain that this wasn’t an episode of an L&O show, because I’ve seen them all and I would remember something like that happening in an episode. It must be from another crime show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

No it wasn’t Retro, that was about an AIDS denying doctor, but there was no courtroom suicide. I’m certain that this wasn’t an episode of an L&O show, because I’ve seen them all and I would remember something like that happening in an episode. It must be from another crime show.

maybe i just dreamt it or sometimes my mind will mix faint memories together and create a completely random thing that never happened  at all and when i rewatch or see the correct thing i am like wtf that didn't happen at all the way i "remembered", it's really weird and annoying and has caused issues in my life more then once 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, balmz said:

maybe i just dreamt it or sometimes my mind will mix faint memories together and create a completely random thing that never happened  at all and when i rewatch or see the correct thing i am like wtf that didn't happen at all the way i "remembered", it's really weird and annoying and has caused issues in my life more then once 

I even did searches about AIDS denialist doctors on crime shows to see if I could find the episode you are talking about because I was curious, and I got nothing, the only result that came up was Retro. So if this episode exists I cannot find it. 

10 hours ago, balmz said:

Conflating Memories Are Us 😆

A couple of my favorite podcasts are on this topic are: 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I even did searches about AIDS denialist doctors on crime shows to see if I could find the episode you are talking about because I was curious, and I got nothing, the only result that came up was Retro. So if this episode exists I cannot find it. 

I have sometimes had dreams that I'm watching a TV show that are so real to me, I've come to believe they are actual epis.  And, I've also mixed up shows where I think it's one show and it's a different one.  It's frustrating because you can never quite figure it out.

• LOL 2

Huh. Looks like WE is available to me again. So yay! I can watch the early seasons again! Of course, it's on season 12 right now.🙄

And I know it's a nit pick, but I don't care. I really hate that Sundance keeps showing snippets from the early seasons when promoting this show on their network. Considering that they only air seasons 13-20! 🤬 On the RARE occasion, they'll air seasons 1-5. But they're showing Stone, Logan, the amaaaaazing guest stars from season one. And Jack.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

My local CBS affiliate Court TV Mystery is on season 9 now, which aired in 1999.
I just watched episodes 15 "Disciple" and 16 "Harm," both of which have elements that, to me, relate to current issues in 2021, even though "Disciple" was a ripped-from-the-headlines episode from that era.

How I see those episodes relating to today's headlines would require a lot of typing to explain and probably not be appropriate here, so I'll just mention that in 9.16, "Harm," Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael stands so tall and speaks so forcefully for women against the greedy men running an OBGYN practice who inadvertently kill women that I want to pin a medal on her, LOL. Today I doubt there are such practices without female doctors in charge, but I think the message and its presentation through a strong female actor could be applied to a different plot.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My local CBS affiliate Court TV Mystery is on season 9 now, which aired in 1999.
I just watched episodes 15 "Disciple" and 16 "Harm," both of which have elements that, to me, relate to current issues in 2021, even though "Disciple" was a ripped-from-the-headlines episode from that era.

How I see those episodes relating to today's headlines would require a lot of typing to explain and probably not be appropriate here, so I'll just mention that in 9.16, "Harm," Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael stands so tall and speaks so forcefully for women against the greedy men running an OBGYN practice who inadvertently kill women that I want to pin a medal on her, LOL. Today I doubt there are such practices without female doctors in charge, but I think the message and its presentation through a strong female actor could be applied to a different plot.

I like Harm, I liked seeing Abbie take the lead and prosecute the case, with McCoy assisting from the sidelines, Abbie did a good job as lead prosecutor and shaking the formula up a tad this one time worked.

Disciple was just plain weird, the police investigation was good, but I didn’t get Jack at all in that episode, he seemed conflicted about putting away Sister Rosa which I found OOC for him, he just seemed off. I did like Schiff’s line “split the difference: prove that a saint can commit murder”, he had so many awesome lines.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I like Harm, I liked seeing Abbie take the lead and prosecute the case, with McCoy assisting from the sidelines, Abbie did a good job as lead prosecutor and shaking the formula up a tad this one time worked.

It was a little weird that McCoy was on the sidelines but I liked seeing Abbie investigating and prosceuting the case. It was a good episode and I wish we got to see that happen a little more often with the second chair Abbie/Jamie/etc taking the lead.

Disciple was just plain weird, the police investigation was good, but I didn’t get Jack at all in that episode, he seemed conflicted about putting away Sister Rosa which I found OOC for him, he just seemed off. I did like Schiff’s line “split the difference: prove that a saint can commit murder”, he had so many awesome lines.

Yeah, that was very out of character for Jack. He's always quick to jump on stuff like that. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It was a little weird that McCoy was on the sidelines but I liked seeing Abbie investigating and prosceuting the case. It was a good episode and I wish we got to see that happen a little more often with the second chair Abbie/Jamie/etc taking the lead.

Yeah, that was very out of character for Jack. He's always quick to jump on stuff like that. 

I agree 100% with this. In Harm, Abbie leading the prosecution worked well and was compelling, and I wish that on occasion we had gotten to say the second chair’s be the lead prosecutor, it happened a couple of other times but overall the second chair ADA’s were under-appreciated characters.

And yeah Disciple was just weird and Jack was OOC, I didn’t get why he seemed to have conflicting emotions about the case, he was usually quick to call out ridiculous defenses. So his odd behavior made the episode weird.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

And yeah Disciple was just weird and Jack was OOC, I didn’t get why he seemed to have conflicting emotions about the case, he was usually quick to call out ridiculous defenses. So his odd behavior made the episode weird

Part of it was the prosecutors usual acknowledgment of what the jury would find sympathetic about the accused. 
But, yeah, in Disciple Jack seemed to almost drink the Kool-Aide. 

• Love 1

Law & Order: NBC Revives Original Flagship Series, Orders Season 21 a Decade After Abrupt Cancellation

‘Law & Order’ Revived By NBC For Season 21 From Dick Wolf & Rick Eid

I'll believe it when I see it and not until then given NBC's recent track record. They will probably find a way to screw this up by arguing about casting or controversial story lines. And Rick Eid's last run a a showrunner in the franchise is less than confidence boosting. But if it ever makes it to air I'll be watching.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Law & Order: NBC Revives Original Flagship Series, Orders Season 21 a Decade After Abrupt Cancellation

‘Law & Order’ Revived By NBC For Season 21 From Dick Wolf & Rick Eid

I'll believe it when I see it and not until then given NBC's recent track record. They will probably find a way to screw this up by arguing about casting or controversial story lines. And Rick Eid's last run a a showrunner in the franchise is less than confidence boosting. But if it ever makes it to air I'll be watching.

I was just about to post this since I was surprised people weren't already talking about it! I can't wait to see this if it actually happens! I wonder who will be in the cast since 2 of the last season's cast members are now on FBI. I would love to see some returning characters but in new roles because they got promoted, just as in real life. Maybe Abbie could come back as the newly elected DA after her stint in the US Attorney's office. 

• Love 2

I was just coming to post the news. On the one hand, this should not have been sacrificed for Law & Order: Los Angeles. On the other, it has been over a decade since the show aired and, frankly, the writing on Dick Wolf's existing shows does not exactly fill me with confidence.

Then there is the simple matter of age. Not the show, per se, but the actors in it. Sam Waterston still rocks, but he is past 80 now. New blood will likely have to be introduced and casting has been very hit or miss.

If this happens, of course I will watch. But it also risks making a blight on the original, and I'm not sure this revival is worth it.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I was just coming to post the news. On the one hand, this should not have been sacrificed for Law & Order: Los Angeles. On the other, it has been over a decade since the show aired and, frankly, the writing on Dick Wolf's existing shows does not exactly fill me with confidence.

I saw you mention the bolded last night in one of the other L&O threads after I did in another thread here. I agree with having shaky confidence regarding this news. 

I like the idea of bringing Abbie back. Angie Harmon is working on a show of her own for Lifetime I think though. If Stabler could be reinstated then I'd like it if Green was too so his character could be the squad leader. 

They better keep Anthony Anderson off of this revival. I don't want to see him stinking up any future episodes of L&O ever again. 

In watching rerun marathons since the mothership went off the air I've come to like Southerlyn a lot more. I liked her originally too. If Rohm would be willing to return I wouldn't mind Southerlyn coming back so the last memory of her wouldn't be the craptastic way she was written off.

As annoying as I found Borgia back in the day I hate that I wasn't more disgusted with the way she was written off the show. Seeing those episodes again over the years it bothers me a bit more each time.  

This is awful I know but I'm glad Fred Dalton Thompson isn't around anymore. 

Edited by Jaded
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Then there is the simple matter of age. Not the show, per se, but the actors in it. Sam Waterston still rocks, but he is past 80 now. New blood will likely have to be introduced and casting has been very hit or miss.

If this happens, of course I will watch. But it also risks making a blight on the original, and I'm not sure this revival is worth it.

I’m disgusted with this news to be honest - and this show is my favorite show ever - it will no doubt be a blight on the original show as current SVU has crapped all over the legacy of the franchise, and while this show should’ve gotten 21 seasons instead of SVU, it’s too late now. All of the characters will have to be new, since the actors have all gone on to other stuff, the only one I could see returning is McCoy, but how would they explain him being DA when SVU has taken a gigantic shit on the DA’s office and made them look inept and corrupt?! In fact how will they portray the DA’s office in an upstanding manner at all given what that fuckhead Warren Leight has done to it on SVU?! So I guarantee we will have all new characters, and it won’t even feel like the same fucking show. So what’s the point of this? The Mothership had a great ending and went out with glory, and I bet they undo all of that just for what exactly, this is cheap and greedy, they know viewers will tune in because of the L&O name but I guarantee we get a watered down, shitty product. I could be being overly pessimistic but given how SVU is such a massive shitfest now I doubt it. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I like the idea of bringing Abbie back. Angie Harmon is working on a show of her own for Lifetime I think though. If Stabler could be reinstated then I'd like it if Green was too so his character could be the squad leader. 

Rollins has maintained employment and Stabler was reinstated, Green should be fine. 

I wonder if they'll actually be true to the original format? Probably not. OC isn't in the Law and Order style at all and the court writing on SVU these days when they actually bother with it is get the perp to confess, and Carisi gets yelled at for actually doing his job which I don't want to see prosecution get chewed out week after week (and if you bring back Cutter or McCoy they would never tolerate that shit.)

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Perhaps they can make Alana de la Garza the Executive ADA and pair her with a younger guy (as a twist!). 

• Love 6

They’d be foolish to not follow the original blueprint of L&O because that’s what we love.  Find a youngish McCoy type (I love Sam Waterston and McCoy) and build from there.  STICK TO THE PLAN and resist the urge to mess up the iconic formula that worked so well, Dick Wolf and team.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Perhaps they can make Alana de la Garza the Executive ADA and pair her with a younger guy (as a twist!). 

I'd prefer her. I didn't mention her in my post because she's on FBI. At the end of last season on that show her character was butting heads with another woman who they bumped up to regular cast member for this season. I haven't watched the new season of that show yet. It wouldn't be hard to see how they could write Alana's character off of FBI if she agreed to come back to L&O though. 

• Love 1

I could see Sam Waterston coming back for the premiere episode to “pass the torch” to whoever the new cast will be.  He doesn’t need to be the DA- shoot, maybe McCoy can be the trial judge- but he should be there in some capacity.  Maybe SEM can also cameo - heh, let’s make Van Buren the Chief of Police...  Otherwise, most of the S20 cast seem busy- Linus Roache may be available, but honestly Cutter is the character I’d least care if they returned.  Can we possibly get Carey Lowell to come back again instead?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

if Green was too so his character could be the squad leader.

IF this happens, and IF they do, it wouldn't be Jesse L. Martin as he's on The Flash right now.

They better keep Anthony Anderson off of this revival. I don't want to see him stinking up any future episodes of L&O ever again. 

Again, Anderson has his own show on another network, Black-ish, unless it's been cancelled? he won't be showing up.

If Rohm would be willing to return I wouldn't mind Southerlyn coming back so the last memory of her wouldn't be the craptastic way she was written off.

NO. A big FAT GIANT FUCK NO to Rohmbot returning. If it happens.

I'd be more excited if Rene Balcer was involved. I ain't believing it 'till I see it, and even then, I'm not looking forward to it, unless they have all the ORIGINAL writers, which won't happen. And like @Xeliou66 stated above, they've decimated the DA's office. 

It would be great to have Sam return, because Stephen Hill was past 80 when he was on the show; I think. What's Noth doing these days? Oh, yeah. a recurring role on The Equalizer.

But no. Too little, too late. Dickish Wolf was too cheap to pay to keep this great show on, and now he says, guess what, y'all? no THANK YOU.

That said, the hypocrite in me, depending on who is cast, will check it out. 

10 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

Can we possibly get Carey Lowell to come back again instead?

Well, unless Jamie stepped down, she's a judge now, as we saw in L&O: Trial by Jury.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It would be great to have Sam return, because Stephen Hill was past 80 when he was on the show; I think.

Stephen Hill was 68 when he joined the show, and left it when he was 78.  I think he just was someone who looked older than he actually was.

39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

IF this happens, and IF they do, it wouldn't be Jesse L. Martin as he's on The Flash right now.

Again, Anderson has his own show on another network, Black-ish, unless it's been cancelled? he won't be showing up.

NO. A big FAT GIANT FUCK NO to Rohmbot returning. If it happens.

I'd be more excited if Rene Balcer was involved. I ain't believing it 'till I see it, and even then, I'm not looking forward to it, unless they have all the ORIGINAL writers, which won't happen. And like @Xeliou66 stated above, they've decimated the DA's office. 

It would be great to have Sam return, because Stephen Hill was past 80 when he was on the show; I think. What's Noth doing these days? Oh, yeah. a recurring role on The Equalizer.

But no. Too little, too late. Dickish Wolf was too cheap to pay to keep this great show on, and now he says, guess what, y'all? no THANK YOU.

Well, unless Jamie stepped down, she's a judge now, as we saw in L&O: Trial by Jury.

This is the final season for black-ish.

• Useful 3

There were a lot of memorable defense attorneys. Maybe they will have a couple of them come back as District Attorney and assistant District Attorney.

Knowing Dick Wolfe he will have heretofore unknown children of original characters be characters.

41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Me too.  I mean how can I not?  I just finished an entire re watch (it took me a couple years) and was sad when I finished the last episode. Was thinking of starting over but now I have this to cautiously look forward to.