Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order Discussion Topic (2019 - 2021)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The brother of the crazy killer in "Disappeared" can choke. He tried to sabatoge the case by releasing his brother's psych records to the media and then plays the victim because Jack and the DA sequestered the jury. All because he felt that they "broke their promise" not to seek the death penalty after he sold out his brother. Newsflash, dispshit: YOUR BROTHER KILLED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE AND ORPHANED SOME POOR KID. If you didn't help the police arrest him, you'd be helping him get away with it. Helping the cops arrest him was what you were supposed to do, deal or no deal.

Yeah, that guy was crazy. He was so angry with the DA for "breaking their word" so he decided to do all he could to derail the case. But not so angry towards his brother who killed a bunch of people and orphaned a poor kid? What if that crap had ended up getting the case thrown out and putting his brother back on the street? Did that ever occur to him? No of course not he was mad bad at the DA broke the word. 

• Love 2

I saw Open Season that I recorded. The name of the person Pruess told Danielle, I would have thought she'd be smart enough to wonder about the person in another state. 

I liked that Jack had her back though and that's a good friend for sure. 

On 6/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, Waterston Fan said:

I saw Open Season that I recorded. The name of the person Pruess told Danielle, I would have thought she'd be smart enough to wonder about the person in another state. 

I liked that Jack had her back though and that's a good friend for sure. 

I loathed the always self righteous Melnick and I thought she should’ve been disbarred after the events of Open Season. I wished that McCoy had thrown her under the bus where she belonged. Melnick was unbearably smug and I frequently wanted to slap her, especially in this episode. She unknowingly got someone killed with her stupidity in Open Season and I didn’t like McCoy going out of his way to help her.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I loathed the always self righteous Melnick and I thought she should’ve been disbarred after the events of Open Season. I wished that McCoy had thrown her under the bus where she belonged. Melnick was unbearably smug and I frequently wanted to slap her, especially in this episode. She unknowingly got someone killed with her stupidity in Open Season and I didn’t like McCoy going out of his way to help her.

Same here. I hated Melnick so much. She was so smug, self-righteous and she never did have her client's interested in mind. It was whatever she could to do twist it into something she wanted. She really should have been disbarred in Open Season. She disobeyed a direct order that lead to someone's death. Not because she actually believed her client or anything but because she didn't like the ruling. She didn't care why the order was granted all that she cared about was she didn't like it. Even after she learns what she did lead to a person being murdered she still on her high horse. She doesn't learn anything about it and gets mad at Jack for arresting her. I really hated that Jack helped her out so much. She really didn't deserve it. That was the perfect episode for him or someone to finally tell her off and to finally get what she deserved. She deserved to be disbarred and she deserved to go to jail and have whatever was the max for disobeying a direct order.  

• Love 4

Save a seat at the anti-Melnick table for me! Smug self serving bottom feeder. For all her antigovernment agenda, she'd get along great with...well, I won't drop names.

Between "Disappeared" and "Under the Influence" Jamie could really get on my nerves. I don't get why in either case she showed such concern for the perps getting a raw deal or not, especially because both were remorseless monsters. I expected that shit from Serena, but Jamie? Whatever happened to "may they burn in hell with their lawyers"?! Would you be so concerned about that asshole Drexler getting railroaded if it had been YOUR daughter he ran over and wasn't even sorry (until conviniently in front of a jury)?!

• Love 3

Melnick was one of the most unlikable characters on the show IMO, she was always so pompous, smug and self righteous. She should’ve disbarred and possibly jailed after Open Season, and I didn’t like McCoy bailing her ass out. I absolutely loved when McCoy blew up on her in America Inc, that was very satisfying. 

Regarding Disappeared, I was glad that the perp didn’t receive the death penalty as those suffering from a mental illness shouldn’t be executed IMO. I was irritated with his brother though, he didn’t seem to care that his brother was a murderer and a danger to society. 

I HATED that piece of shit Dressler in Under the Influence, he was remarkably unsympathetic and a total waste of space. I was glad that McCoy changed his mind and did the ethical thing by introducing the withheld evidence at trial and I thought McCoy was in the wrong to hide the witness at first, so I was somewhat on Ross’ side in that episode although I absolutely loathed the defendant.

Ross was one of my favorite ADA’s overall, I found her to be reasonable and fair and not overly biased towards one side or the other. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Save a seat at the anti-Melnick table for me! Smug self serving bottom feeder. For all her antigovernment agenda, she'd get along great with...well, I won't drop names.

Between "Disappeared" and "Under the Influence" Jamie could really get on my nerves. I don't get why in either case she showed such concern for the perps getting a raw deal or not, especially because both were remorseless monsters. I expected that shit from Serena, but Jamie? Whatever happened to "may they burn in hell with their lawyers"?! Would you be so concerned about that asshole Drexler getting railroaded if it had been YOUR daughter he ran over and wasn't even sorry (until conviniently in front of a jury)?!

Taking a bow. I will take the credit for forming the club of Melnick haters, as I was the first to state how much I loathed her when this show had a full forum, and created the thread for the revolving defense attorneys. It shocked me recently when I saw her in "Aria" and didn't realize that Tovah was playing Melnick and not another defense attorney, because she wasn't smug or getting in anyone's face. I had to double check on IMDB to make sure.

To be fair to Jamie, in both episodes, Jamie was a defense attorney who just joined the DA's office. But she had a sense of fairness. Called a spade a spade and called Jack on his bullshit. There was her defense of the father in "Ritual" when it was revealed why he killed his daughter's great-uncle--because he and his mother-in-law planned to mutilate her. And mother-in-law just pissed me off. When Jamie tries to tell her that what she and her brother were planning to do was against the law, she snaps back "And you pretend that this is a free country?" What? Living in a free country doesn't mean you get to break its laws with impunity, bitch. She probably thought they should be able to get away with honor killings.

But "Disappeared" was ridiculous. And while Jack shouldn't have tried to hide the flight attendant with her testimony in "Under the Influence" because he could still have fried the asshole with it, at least at the end, he did, while at the same time, ruining that asshole judge's agenda.

16 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Melnick was one of the most unlikable characters on the show IMO, she was always so pompous, smug and self righteous. She should’ve disbarred and possibly jailed after Open Season, and I didn’t like McCoy bailing her ass out. I absolutely loved when McCoy blew up on her in America Inc, that was very satisfying. 

Regarding Disappeared, I was glad that the perp didn’t receive the death penalty as those suffering from a mental illness shouldn’t be executed IMO. I was irritated with his brother though, he didn’t seem to care that his brother was a murderer and a danger to society. 

I HATED that piece of shit Dressler in Under the Influence, he was remarkably unsympathetic and a total waste of space. I was glad that McCoy changed his mind and did the ethical thing by introducing the withheld evidence at trial and I thought McCoy was in the wrong to hide the witness at first, so I was somewhat on Ross’ side in that episode although I absolutely loathed the defendant.

Ross was one of my favorite ADA’s overall, I found her to be reasonable and fair and not overly biased towards one side or the other. 

Agree 100%.

After Paul, Jamie was my favorite ADA, then Abby, Connie, Claire.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Taking a bow. I will take the credit for forming the club of Melnick haters, as I was the first to state how much I loathed her when this show had a full forum, and created the thread for the revolving defense attorneys. It shocked me recently when I saw her in "Aria" and didn't realize that Tovah was playing Melnick and not another defense attorney, because she wasn't smug or getting in anyone's face. I had to double check on IMDB to make sure.

To be fair to Jamie, in both episodes, Jamie was a defense attorney who just joined the DA's office. But she had a sense of fairness. Called a spade a spade and called Jack on his bullshit. There was her defense of the father in "Ritual" when it was revealed why he killed his daughter's great-uncle--because he and his mother-in-law planned to mutilate her. And mother-in-law just pissed me off. When Jamie tries to tell her that what she and her brother were planning to do was against the law, she snaps back "And you pretend that this is a free country?" What? Living in a free country doesn't mean you get to break its laws with impunity, bitch. She probably thought they should be able to get away with honor killings.

But "Disappeared" was ridiculous. And while Jack shouldn't have tried to hide the flight attendant with her testimony in "Under the Influence" because he could still have fried the asshole with it, at least at the end, he did, while at the same time, ruining that asshole judge's agenda.

Agree 100%.

After Paul, Jamie was my favorite ADA, then Abby, Connie, Claire.

That's my order of favorites too.

Thank you for forming the Melnick haters club! 

• Love 2

My favorite ADA’s in order are 

Connie Rubirosa

Paul Robinette

Jamie Ross

Abbie Carmichael

Claire Kincaid

And tied for last Serena and Borgia.

I love Rubirosa, she was awesome and added more to the show than any of the other ADA’s IMO: she was intelligent, fair, unbiased and charasmatic, and had great chemistry with all of the other characters.

I like Kincaid fine but I don’t love her the way others do, she at times was like Serena lite with her overly soft stances IMO, I didn’t like how they had her sleep with McCoy, although that was only explicitly stated after her death, and she annoyed me a few other times. 

Carmichael sometimes annoyed me because she was too far to the other side: she was overly harsh in several cases and bordered on having authoritarian beliefs regarding criminal justice which I frequently disagreed with, she came across at times as self righteous with her overly harsh stance compared to Serena’s soft stance.

And Borgia just irritated me, she was dull, whiny, stiff and frequently self righteous as well.

• Love 5

I think what prevents Connie from being number two, because Paul is my favorite, was what she did in "Dignity" or whatever the fuck the name of the episode that was supposed to mirror the AWESOME "Life Choice" was.

• Love 4
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

and added more to the show than any of the other ADA’s IMO: she was intelligent, fair, unbiased and charasmatic, and had great chemistry with all of the other characters.

Connie wasn't exactly "unbiased" in "Dignity". Major deductions for that crapshow.

Paul and Abby are my favorites, followed by Jamie and Claire.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

I pretty much ignore Dignity, that was the second worst episode in L&O history IMO (Aftershock being #1 obviously), that episode was pure anti choice propaganda, it was what I would expect from some shitty Christian movie not L&O. I have no idea what prompted the writing of Dignity, but the writers and Dick Wolf should be ashamed of that episode. I was pissed at Connie in that one as well, but everyone was irritating to me in that episode with the exception of Van Buren and McCoy. 

I think most L&O fans agree that the worst ADA’s were Serena and Borgia.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Waterston Fan said:

Anyone seen Exiled: L&O movie? I didn't like that they made Profaci a dirty cop but have they mentioned what happened to him in the show for those who haven't seen the movie? 

No they never mentioned what happened to Profaci on L&O. And I HATED Exiled, it was an absolutely horrid movie all around, and making Profaci a dirty cop was an insult to L&O fans. The movie was terrible in other ways as well: the plot was dull with a lot of filler, everyone seemed somewhat OOC, there was no legal stuff aside from one pointless scene with Jack McCoy, and it was just uninteresting and cliched. I wish that movie had never been made, and I’m really glad it wasn’t the last we saw of Logan, it was great that CI brought him on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

No they never mentioned what happened to Profaci on L&O. And I HATED Exiled, it was an absolutely horrid movie all around, and making Profaci a dirty cop was an insult to L&O fans. The movie was terrible in other ways as well: the plot was dull with a lot of filler, everyone seemed somewhat OOC, there was no legal stuff aside from one pointless scene with Jack McCoy, and it was just uninteresting and cliched. I wish that movie had never been made, and I’m really glad it wasn’t the last we saw of Logan, it was great that CI brought him on.

So did I. For the same reasons. They threw Profaci under the bus for no reason. Everyone acted so OOC and so boring. I can't believe they had a chance to make Law & Order movie and this is the best they could come up with? I'm glad its not the last we saw of Logan either.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Anyone seen Exiled: L&O movie? I didn't like that they made Profaci a dirty cop but have they mentioned what happened to him in the show for those who haven't seen the movie? 

9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I like that they never mentioned the events of that pile of poo ever again. That means that you can just do what I do and consider it non-canon like "Everybody's Favorite Bagman" then make up your own story for why Profaci vanished from the 27. I like to imagine that he got a new job and was just offscreen in the bar for the final scene of "Rubber Room". As far as I am concerned "Exiled" is near the top of the worst things the franchise has ever done, up there with Season 9 of CI and Season 18 of SVU.

• Love 4

Jamie was cold as a fish. And at times had no sense of humor or that of personality. Glad she was gone

At times I wonder why Jack never got punched in the mouth or something like Cutter did. Jack needed to be at times put in his place. As really was expecting anything him to be punched in the mouth. Hate he never got his computence or whatever it is called.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Hate he never got his computence or whatever it is called.

It's called comeuppance.

Mike Cutter isn't the only one to have gotten punched. Ben Stone was punched by someone from the Gay Community (it wasn't called LGBTQ in 1990) for prosecuting that murderer who insisted he was only doing mercy killings of men with AIDS in "The Reaper's Helper."

Jamie, I thought, did show moments of levity and humor. Like in "Navy Blues." And she was very empathetic in "Ritual" when she was talking to Allison.

But, Potato, potahto.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's called comeuppance.

Mike Cutter isn't the only one to have gotten punched. Ben Stone was punched by someone from the Gay Community (it wasn't called LGBTQ in 1990) for prosecuting that murderer who insisted he was only doing mercy killings of men with AIDS in "The Reaper's Helper."

Jamie, I thought, did show moments of levity and humor. Like in "Navy Blues." And she was very empathetic in "Ritual" when she was talking to Allison.

But, Potato, potahto.

Thank you. Not much of a speller LOL! But if anybody needed it, Jack sure did! 

(edited)

I thought Ross did have personality and occasionally showed a sense of humor. 

The one who I found frequently flat and humorless that is very popular is Kincaid. I found her to be somewhat whiny and soft, as well as lacking charisma some of the time. She was a decent ADA but not nearly as good as the likes of Rubirosa, Carmichael, Ross and Robinette. I’m unsure as to why she is so popular, and like I’ve said before I didn’t like how there was a romantic relationship between her and McCoy.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 2

Watched Bad Girl. 

I think the killer just wanted to die. 

I still wished the writers had given Cathy a better storyline or made it to where she finally got help and did good. 

Frustrating thing about We and Sundance is they don't seem to do seasons 17 and up. I want to see Burn Card in season 18. I've already seen some that are coming up. 

12 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Frustrating thing about We and Sundance is they don't seem to do seasons 17 and up. I want to see Burn Card in season 18. I've already seen some that are coming up.

I don’t know about WE, but Sundance has been airing 13-20 NONSTOP. In an endless loop.

Kathy deserved to be in jail. She was a murderer. I don’t care if she found God.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t know about WE, but Sundance has been airing 13-20 NONSTOP. In an endless loop.

Kathy deserved to be in jail. She was a murderer. I don’t care if she found God.

Cathy was Briscoe’s daughter, not the murderer of the episode. I didn’t like them killing her off either, in fact I didn’t like the personal subplots of season 8, it detracted from the flow of the episodes and added nothing to the show. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Cathy was Briscoe’s daughter, not the murderer of the episode. I didn’t like them killing her off either, in fact I didn’t like the personal subplots of season 8, it detracted from the flow of the episodes and added nothing to the show. 

Sorry! I got confused with the episode where the killer, Isabel Gellies (who would later play Kathy Stabler on SVU) found God while in jail, but was still executed.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sorry! I got confused with the episode where the killer, Isabel Gellies (who would later play Kathy Stabler on SVU) found God while in jail, but was still executed.

It was the same episode, Briscoe’s daughter Cathy’s problems were a subplot in Bad Girl before she was killed off in the next episode, Damaged. 

I felt no sympathy for the killer in Bad Girl, becoming religious doesn’t mean you should get a lighter sentence for a murder, religion shouldn’t be a factor in how the justice system works. I was glad the death sentence was upheld. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

It was the same episode, Briscoe’s daughter Cathy’s problems were a subplot in Bad Girl before she was killed off in the next episode, Damaged. 

I felt no sympathy for the killer in Bad Girl, becoming religious doesn’t mean you should get a lighter sentence for a murder, religion shouldn’t be a factor in how the justice system works. I was glad the death sentence was upheld. 

I'm glad the death sentence was upheld too. I hate that people think just because someone finds God that means they should get a lighter sentence. Why? They still committed the crime. She still murdered someone and she still needs to be held accountable. Finding God doesn't mean you no longer have to accept responsibility for your crimes. I really doubt that if she found Alla, Wicca, Hindu or any of the other religions that so many people would be jumping through hoops to spare her. Jack's right they can't let that be a reason to halt an execution. Every murderer would say that if it meant getting out of their sentence or a shorter one. She found God, accepted her punishment and is a peace. Great! That's what you should do. That's a good thing. Why not focus on that? Here's a woman who found God and in doing so realized what she did was wrong. She murdered someone. She's ready to take responsibility for it. That's great! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah.... I went from Jamie's last episode to Claire being Jack's assistant. 

I wanted to see Angie's first episode but I'm going to be in the middle of season 9. 

4 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Yeah.... I went from Jamie's last episode to Claire being Jack's assistant. 

I wanted to see Angie's first episode but I'm going to be in the middle of season 9. 

WE is showing season 9 all day tomorrow, they are showing episode 1 of season 9 tomorrow afternoon.

• Love 1

Slowly catching up on episodes I have recorded and watching Double Down. 

The cops break in to a guy's apartment who was sleeping in his underwear. Is society getting so sensitive that the network has to blur the guy's genitals with his underwear on? Really? I don't know if Sundance would do that but the network I am watching is WE. 

So, I bet they won't blur a woman's chest while she has her bra on, I bet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

The cops break in to a guy's apartment who was sleeping in his underwear. Is society getting so sensitive that the network has to blur the guy's genitals with his underwear on? Really? I don't know if Sundance would do that but the network I am watching is WE.

The networks share ownership and I'm pretty sure they are broadcasting the same cuts of the episodes. I wish there was a policy instead of just laziness, because there would be some chance that we'd get the unbleeped, unblurred episodes some day where they didn't drop audio on mildly offensive words that were fine on network TV 20 years ago and ruin key dramatic moments and plot points, along with scheduling that actually made sense. I guess no longer getting the uncensored episodes is just another thing for me to mad at TNT about along with cancelling Major Crimes...

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

The networks share ownership and I'm pretty sure they are broadcasting the same cuts of the episodes. I wish there was a policy instead of just laziness, because there would be some chance that we'd get the unbleeped, unblurred episodes some day where they didn't drop audio on mildly offensive words that were fine on network TV 20 years ago and ruin key dramatic moments and plot points, along with scheduling that actually made sense. I guess no longer getting the uncensored episodes is just another thing for me to mad at TNT about along with cancelling Major Crimes...

It’s interesting because only seasons 1-12 have censorship, I’ve never seen any censorship in post season 12 episodes, it’s obviously the packaging and yeah it really pisses me off, the censorship is distracting and ridiculous and can ruin key moments. I miss the episodes on TNT as well, and yeah they pissed me off by canceling Major Crimes also, I no longer watch TNT except for basketball. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

It’s interesting because only seasons 1-12 have censorship, I’ve never seen any censorship in post season 12 episodes, it’s obviously the packaging and yeah it really pisses me off, the censorship is distracting and ridiculous and can ruin key moments.

I truly wonder how hard it must be for new or casual viewers to understand some of those scenes. I have seen every episode multiple times (as I suspect many/most of us here have) so I can follow it, with only the dramatic effect ruined (although sometimes the sense memory of 20 previous viewings fills that gap as well) but surely there must be some new or casual viewers trying to figure out what a witness is saying when they should be listening to the dramatic revelation or confrontation that follows?

• Love 3

While I'm not supporting any censorship or editing (I hate the edits for time too), I am sure that the average watcher is't going to be thrown off and not understand the scene because a "bad" word, or racial epithet or any other cut or muted word that makes a scene not understandable to the average viewer, even a first timer.  They ruin the flow, and take you out of the scene, but I can't remember or imagine any L&O scene that becomes incomprehensible without one such word.

Now, if you removed Ben Stone saying "sir", or especially "Mr. C-Square, sir," THAT would ruin a scene!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

While I'm not supporting any censorship or editing (I hate the edits for time too), I am sure that the average watcher is't going to be thrown off and not understand the scene because a "bad" word, or racial epithet or any other cut or muted word that makes a scene not understandable to the average viewer, even a first timer.  They ruin the flow, and take you out of the scene, but I can't remember or imagine any L&O scene that becomes incomprehensible without one such word.

Now, if you removed Ben Stone saying "sir", or especially "Mr. C-Square, sir," THAT would ruin a scene!

The best example I can give of censorship affecting viewers understanding the episode is in Fools For Love, they censor the word “douche” twice, and it’s being used in the technical way not as an insult, ME Rodgers tells the detectives that the killer used a douche on the victim to clean up and they bleep the word out. It affects your understanding of the scene if you haven’t seen the episode before as you are confused as to how the killer cleaned up and you have to figure out what was censored. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The best example I can give of censorship affecting viewers understanding the episode is in Fools For Love, they censor the word “douche” twice, and it’s being used in the technical way not as an insult, ME Rodgers tells the detectives that the killer used a douche on the victim to clean up and they bleep the word out. It affects your understanding of the scene if you haven’t seen the episode before as you are confused as to how the killer cleaned up and you have to figure out what was censored. 

And Carrier from season 8. The guy with HIV who's purposely infected women. They bleep out so much of it that it really destroys the episode. Its really too bad. It was a really good episode.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

And Carrier from season 8. The guy with HIV who's purposely infected women. They bleep out so much of it that it really destroys the episode. Its really too bad. It was a really good episode.

The edits in that episode always bothered me. The dialogue from that guy is part of the evidence, and editing screws the show up.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, KHenry14 said:

The edits in that episode always bothered me. The dialogue from that guy is part of the evidence, and editing screws the show up.

Me too. It was necessary to the plot. It evidence against the suspect. He said it that's what prompt them to think he was infecting women on purpose.  Bleeping it out destroyed that. It was a really good episode.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3

Yes I forgot Carrier, they bleep out the word “bareback” which was used as evidence against the defendant, it really takes away from the episode and makes it harder to understand what is going on. The censorship is so ridiculous and unnecessary, and it really detracts from the show. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

I watched Monster and I get a kick out of the look on Jack's face when he sees and watches Jamie walk out of the hearing room and she never looks back. 

I do not like Monster, all of the main characters looked terrible and seemed OOC, you had Briscoe and Curtis coerce a confession from a suspect who turned out to be innocent and who they had no real evidence against on McCoy’s orders, very OOC for all of them. The judge was right, the guy initially arrested should sue the cops and DA’s. Plus we had all of the personal subplots: Briscoe’s daughter, Schiff’s re-election, McCoy facing the disciplinary committee, none of it was interesting or even had a real resolution, it just bogged down the episode the way it bogged down the season. Monster is one of my least favorite L&O’s actually.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I do not like Monster, all of the main characters looked terrible and seemed OOC, you had Briscoe and Curtis coerce a confession from a suspect who turned out to be innocent and who they had no real evidence against on McCoy’s orders, very OOC for all of them. The judge was right, the guy initially arrested should sue the cops and DA’s. Plus we had all of the personal subplots: Briscoe’s daughter, Schiff’s re-election, McCoy facing the disciplinary committee, none of it was interesting or even had a real resolution, it just bogged down the episode the way it bogged down the season. Monster is one of my least favorite L&O’s actually.

Yeah, I did fast forward through the part where they were acting like jerks to the poor guy and sometimes I have been noticing somethings and Jack's reaction I noticed this time around.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agree. I loathe ”Monster.” 

• Love 3

Philo seems, based on the site, to be a Sling TV competitor, meaning it may have Law & Order, but it is on one of the cable networks Philo carries, not as its own streaming entity. (Philo carries cable channels, which is ideal for cord cutters.) Here is the channel lineup.

So it is based exactly on what WE or Sundance would show, as examples, as Philo carries those channels.

1 hour ago, Waterston Fan said:

Abbie Carmicheal is getting on my nerves.

I'm guessing you too just watched "Collision" in which Abby (and Skoda!) believe the homeless guy is just a con man, and "Mother's Milk," in which Abby blames the teen mom more than the father or the worst-ever-breast-feeding counselor for the death of the baby.
Did the writers throw the character of Abby under the bus throughout her whole time in the series?

39 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm guessing you too just watched "Collision" in which Abby (and Skoda!) believe the homeless guy is just a con man, and "Mother's Milk," in which Abby blames the teen mom more than the father or the worst-ever-breast-feeding counselor for the death of the baby.
Did the writers throw the character of Abby under the bus throughout her whole time in the series?

I'm on Punk right now and I think the DVR didn't record those episodes. 

• Useful 1

I saw House of Cards tonight, and I have to say this episode irritates me, it really seemed like they all had a vendetta against Frank because of his background, there was no evidence tying Frank to the murder other than Arlene’s self serving testimony which I found to be suspicious and I think it was likely Arlene was the killer. It seemed like they wanted Frank to be guilty. And like it or not, he had a right to custody of his child, and I didn’t like Branch acting like they shouldn’t look for them. I’m always irritated by episodes where it seems like they have a bias against someone and want them to be guilty, which is what it seemed like here. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I saw House of Cards tonight, and I have to say this episode irritates me, it really seemed like they all had a vendetta against Frank because of his background, there was no evidence tying Frank to the murder other than Arlene’s self serving testimony which I found to be suspicious and I think it was likely Arlene was the killer. It seemed like they wanted Frank to be guilty. And like it or not, he had a right to custody of his child, and I didn’t like Branch acting like they shouldn’t look for them. I’m always irritated by episodes where it seems like they have a bias against someone and want them to be guilty, which is what it seemed like here. 

Didn’t Frank admit to offering to sell his baby to Arlene? Mind you, I think Arlene was the killer, but I seem to recall Frank didn’t care? But yeah, they went after him as the killer because he had a record and didn’t look “the part” of a nice person.

• Love 1