Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order Discussion Topic (2019 - 2021)

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yes I hated how they didn’t give Logan a final scene with Briscoe and Van Buren, and the Exiled movie SUCKED. I was glad that Logan came to CI and we got references to Briscoe and Van Buren.

It NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!🤪

At least on CI we got Sheridan’s Captain to say that VanBuren had been trying to get Logan back over the years, when he checked on his record.

But STILL bitter.🤬🤬🤬

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!🤪

At least on CI we got Sheridan’s Captain to say that VanBuren had been trying to get Logan back over the years, when he checked on his record.

But STILL bitter.🤬🤬🤬

Yes I liked how on CI Deakins said that he spoke to Van Buren and she had been trying to get Logan back. I also liked how Logan said that he still dreamed about Briscoe and found it hard to believe he was dead, that was the only good part of that episode. I hated Exiled and I’m glad that wasn’t the last we saw of Logan.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

That is what you noticed about season one Logan? His ties? I may be old, but I'm not dead. ;>)

I'm a long time fan of Law & Order.  At least 25 yrs.  First season is my least favorite season. However Torrents of Greed are standout episodes.  I had forgotten Christine Baranski was in it.   One great thing about the early seasons is seeing all the guest stars who later became big stars.  

• Love 4

Burning through season seven and now eight on Sundance, I LOATHE, HATE, DESPISE with the heat of a million gazillion trillion nuns “Denial” and especially those two spoiled, entitled bratty ASSHOLES who killed their baby, and to a lesser extent, her dad, played by one of my favorite soap actors, Benjamin Hendrickson. That was your OWN GRANDCHILD YOU BURIED!!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Skoda called it-she was a “Narcissitic Bitch.

Ahem.

One of my favorite lines from “Navy Blues” from Jack to Jamie about the lieutenant: “She really killed somebody. She really lied.” Just the delivery of that line by Sam Waterston makes me 😄

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Burning through season seven and now eight on Sundance, I LOATHE, HATE, DESPISE with the heat of a million gazillion trillion nuns “Denial” and especially those two spoiled, entitled bratty ASSHOLES who killed their baby, and to a lesser extent, her dad, played by one of my favorite soap actors, Benjamin Hendrickson. That was your OWN GRANDCHILD YOU BURIED!!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Skoda called it-she was a “Narcissitic Bitch.

Ahem.

One of my favorite lines from “Navy Blues” from Jack to Jamie about the lieutenant: “She really killed somebody. She really lied.” Just the delivery of that line by Sam Waterston makes me 😄

I hate that episode too. I can't believe the jury didn't convict them. They really bought all that crap? Spoiled entitled assholes who murdered their own baby? The comment about the mother having to choose between her husband or daughter. Bullshit. Your daughter murdered a baby, her baby, your own grandchild how the hell can it be a choice? How can a man, a father be okay with that or letting her daughter's lawyer accusing him of murdering a baby? 

• Love 3

Law & Order Expert has one of my favorite openings the shooting at a restaurant. Two guys get up immediately with guns most likely of the mafia persuasion dashing to the bathroom to check on their friend in the bathroom who comes out of the bathroom stall all excited "They missed!" Then the three run out of the restaurant. I love that all three immediately assumed it for him. It always makes me laugh every time I watch it. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3

Last night I saw "Terminal," when a travel agent shoots some people on a cruise to stop another agent from depositing his check that was about to bounce. Some higher up politician throws his weight around and pushes Adam Shiff out of the way, and he takes him to court. Love that he was willing to fight for right. The politician's lawyer screws up the case, which is poetic justice, but the clincher is when Adam's wife dies at the end. I almost cried. His face when she's gone...

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ForReal said:

Last night I saw "Terminal," when a travel agent shoots some people on a cruise to stop another agent from depositing his check that was about to bounce. Some higher up politician throws his weight around and pushes Adam Shiff out of the way, and he takes him to court. Love that he was willing to fight for right. The politician's lawyer screws up the case, which is poetic justice, but the clincher is when Adam's wife dies at the end. I almost cried. His face when she's gone...

I ALWAYS cry at the end of “Terminal.” That quiet whimper and moan from Schiff when he realizes that his wife is gone, GUTS me.

And in irony of ironies, Roy Thinnes, who played the incompetent Panati, played the D.A. In the unofficial pilot, “Everybody’s Favorite Bagman before they cast Hill to play Adam Schiff.

• Love 6

Terminal was a fantastic episode. I loved seeing Schiff and McCoy sue the governor and stand up for their principles, they did an awesome job even if they lost, I loved seeing them go through the law books. It was the only time we ever saw Schiff speak in court. 

The case was great as well, it turned out it was all over a bad check that he didn’t want the woman to cash, and while I had no sympathy for the killer and wouldn’t have minded seeing him executed, Schiff was right that the basic facts of the case didn’t support seeking the death penalty and I Iiked how he stood up for his principles and how McCoy helped him. The douchebag that the AG appointed to prosecute it botched the case badly and blew his chance at getting the killer sentenced to death.

And yes the ending where Schiff’s wife dies was a major tearjerker, Schiff says nothing in that final scene but his pain is evident on his face and then he lets out a barely audible moan when his wife dies, it’s the most emotional, tearjerking moment in L&O history by far.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ForReal said:

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I ALWAYS cry at the end of “Terminal.” That quiet whimper and moan from Schiff when he realizes that his wife is gone, GUTS me.

And in irony of ironies, Roy Thinnes, who played the incompetent Panati, played the D.A. In the unofficial pilot, “Everybody’s Favorite Bagman before they cast Hill to play Adam Schiff.

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Terminal was a fantastic episode. I loved seeing Schiff and McCoy sue the governor and stand up for their principles, they did an awesome job even if they lost, I loved seeing them go through the law books. It was the only time we ever saw Schiff speak in court. 

The case was great as well, it turned out it was all over a bad check that he didn’t want the woman to cash, and while I had no sympathy for the killer and wouldn’t have minded seeing him executed, Schiff was right that the basic facts of the case didn’t support seeking the death penalty and I Iiked how he stood up for his principles and how McCoy helped him. The douchebag that the AG appointed to prosecute it botched the case badly and blew his chance at getting the killer sentenced to death.

And yes the ending where Schiff’s wife dies was a major tearjerker, Schiff says nothing in that final scene but his pain is evident on his face and then he lets out a barely audible moan when his wife dies, it’s the most emotional, tearjerking moment in L&O history by far.

I agree the ending was such a tearjerker and very well done. It gets me every time too. Poor Adam.

• Love 3

Watching “American Dream” another favorite. And I just realized something about Claire. She may not have been so obvious about it, but she also sounded like a defense attorney than a prosecutor. She came off as too naive and really sounded like Swan could be innocent.🙄

One thing I will say for Stone-he wasn’t willing to blindly offer immunity to suspects or witnesses to testify against the defendant. He always, ALWAYS said immunity was contingent upon the TRUTH of what the witness was testifying. If it turned out to be a lie, “all deals off.” The same could not be said about McCoy. Sometimes he was so determined to get the person he thought was guilty, he would blindly offer immunity, assuming the witness was telling the truth. That kind of behavior came back to bite him on the ass a few times.

And for the four years Stone was Executive ADA, he had an office the size of a closet, yet McCoy got an office twice as large and with better furniture and all those legal reporters!!!😒😒

• Love 3

Back then, it wasn't a privilege to have all the reporters in your office though--since computer research was in its infancy, and most attorneys had not been really trained to use them, the books were where everyone went to do research, and you'd constantly have people in and out looking for the books.  I was never so high ranking--where I worked at that time the lowly had the reporters, so that when 4 or 5 people at a time wanted to borrow the books, only the lowly were bothered, not the higher ups.

• Love 2

Schiff: “The young get impatient with old people, especially cantankerous ones.”

Stone: (amused): “Oh really? Speaking from personal experience?”

Schiff (deadpan): “I’m a sweetheart. And I’m middle-aged.”

Me: 😄😄😄😄😄

”Golden Years”

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

American Dream was a great episode, Swann was one of the most memorable villains in L&O, I found it funny how he called everyone by their first names, I was surprised the judge didn’t reprimand him for that in court, and it was funny when he kept calling Stone “Ben” until Stone finally called him out on it. 

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Schiff: “The young get impatient with old people, especially cantankerous ones.”

Stone: (amused😞“Oh really? Speaking from personal experience?”

”Golden Years”

That’s one of the funniest exchanges in L&O history, Schiff had some hilarious lines and his deadpan delivery was perfect.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

21 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree the ending was such a tearjerker and very well done. It gets me every time too. Poor Adam.

I've said this here before, but it bears repeating. That scene may be the best piece of acting in the series. It's a master class in how to convey extreme emotion and drawing in the audience while staying restrained. Not a single extraneous sound or gesture. It's too bad that the franchise completely forgot over time that you could do a powerful personal subplot this way. I don't expect every actor to be Steven Hill, but the writers certainly could learn a thing or two!

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 8

I don't really like "Blood" but it does have some good moments. But I just love how Van Buren walks into the interrogation room, sits in the chair and says:

"Hello, My Brother. DAMN!" when they realized the victim's husband was Black. Of course his hateful, racist, bigot of an ex-wife makes this truly a difficult episode to watch. And if I can just be shallow for a moment, Who the HELL cut their son's hair? And what did they use? An electric shaver???

Another favorite is "Ritual." Very painful to watch, but again, I love that scene with Jamie and the elderly neighbor, who tells Jamie that Allison's mother was very strict, and called their other neighbor a slut for giving her daughter make-up.

"...Called her a slut. She IS, but not the point."

Me: 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't really like "Blood" but it does have some good moments. But I just love how Van Buren walks into the interrogation room, sits in the chair and says:

"Hello, My Brother. DAMN!" when they realized the victim's husband was Black. Of course his hateful, racist, bigot of an ex-wife makes this truly a difficult episode to watch. And if I can just be shallow for a moment, Who the HELL cut their son's hair? And what did they use? And electric shaver???

Yes, she does. I have a hard time believing she's able to hide all her hate from her son. This is a woman who clearly is so racist that she tried to give up custody of her own son and had to be forced to keep him by more money. But she can managed to act like a loving mother to him? I don't buy it. There's no way the poor boy doesn't know. 

• Love 3

Blood is a pretty good episode, I love Van Buren in the interrogation room as well. The killer was an incredibly unlikable, racist witch, and yes I agree that there is no way her son wouldn’t know that his mother was a piece of crap. It was interesting seeing the defense attorney from the season 7 3 parter return in this episode, she worked alongside Ross’ ex husband in those episodes. 

• Love 2

I forget, was it stated how long ago the divorce was? I only ask because I am thinking the son may have been darker skinned as a child but turned lighter. Because the actor playing the son looked predominantly white. Maybe that's why Mommy Dearest would be able to better hide her true disgusting nature. (And if he WAS young, maybe the details that his own witch of a mother didn't want him would be shielded?)

Or, yeah, she was just a murdering racist beeyotch. Probably just best to run with the obvious.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I forget, was it stated how long ago the divorce was? I only ask because I am thinking the son may have been darker skinned as a child but turned lighter. Because the actor playing the son looked predominantly white. Maybe that's why Mommy Dearest would be able to better hide her true disgusting nature. (And if he WAS young, maybe the details that his own witch of a mother didn't want him would be shielded?)

Or, yeah, she was just a murdering racist beeyotch. Probably just best to run with the obvious.

Roughly six years or so, I think. Not more than 10. Biracial kids can look predominantly one race or another. Look at Wentworth Miller. Up until a couple years ago, I didn't know he was biracial.

• Love 2
On February 10, 2019 at 1:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Stone: (amused): “Oh really? Speaking from personal experience?”

”Golden Years”

LOL that was a good one. Adam wasn't wrong though...and yes, I'm speaking from personal experience (my grandma).

Agree that the racist bitch in "Blood" was the worst. I get the dad couldn't take custody of his son because of work, but that kid shouldn't have been left with her at all. Better to live with a busy parent than a parent that hates you!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I can’t find this forum on the search bar, what has happened to it? I only accessed via the notifications by clicking where others have liked my posts here.

Did you search under "Law &" where it appears on mine or "Law and" ?

• Love 1

I can’t find this forum on the search bar, what has happened to it? I only accessed via the notifications by clicking where others have liked my posts here.

Wow, @Xeliou66, you are so right about it being hard to find.
If it makes you feel any better, my grocery store just reorganized in a similarly hard-to-find manner (on sale tomatoes in the front of the produce section; on sale apples with the apples).

I am so glad I did all the suggested forum following before the upgrade, and especially creating a "custom stream."

Anyway, if you loose it again (or can't find another fav forum-now-topic),
and if @Raja's search suggestion doesn't work (I think it will eventually, but they're still re-indexing, and on my AT&T connection it often times out):

1. Go to the All Shows Index 
  2. Click on the show's link and,
  3. before you click the follow button, maybe change the "Send Me" option:

image.png.cbc0151fe23cfe23276ba674374c186e.png

Alternatively:
Use the methods in the green "Take the PTV 4.0 New Features Tour" bar (at the top of all pages), specifically step 3 and then step 4.

Sorry if this is TL;DR

• Love 1
On 2/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, andromeda331 said:

Yes, she does. I have a hard time believing she's able to hide all her hate from her son. This is a woman who clearly is so racist that she tried to give up custody of her own son and had to be forced to keep him by more money. But she can managed to act like a loving mother to him? I don't buy it. There's no way the poor boy doesn't know. 

I can believe she managed to act like a loving mother towards him. History is filled with parents (usually father’s though) who firmly believed in white supremacy and thought their non white children were “less than” but were still kind, acknowledged them as their “other children” socially/legally and provided for them on a monetary level.

Human beings are far more complex than that- just because you believe you are racially superior to someone doesn’t mean you are disgusted by their presence. She was also greedy and short sighted, she didn’t want the cat out of the bag that she had married a black man or had a black child and was willing to kill to protect that secret- something similarly situated men didn’t really have to deal with. 

• Love 2

Interesting. Sundance just skipped over the three parter that took place in LA. I couldn’t remember if it was in season seven or eight, but was paying attention for it and they skipped over to “Mad Dog.” I wonder why they did that?

And I’m tempted to just cancel the recording on Escape because they’re cutting to commercial while the characters are still speaking their dialogue and cutting scenes which are key-like when Liz was questioning that narcissistic Tommy in “Rage” and Stone telling Schiff how Alice, (Melissa Leo) the defense attorney in “Sweeps”  couldn’t shake Scott’s (an absolute adorable teen David Krumholtz) testimony about his molestor’s murder.😒😒😒😒😒

But season five is coming up soon and it’s gonna be a looong time before it will show up on Sundance. Because I changed my service to reduce my bill, I no longer get We, which would have been grandfathered in even though Xfinity dropped it and WGN.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 3

I saw the episode Zero tonight, a very interesting episode, as the second half became much more about the issue of the judge not being mentally healthy enough to serve on the bench instead of the murder case, but it was a very strong episode. I felt sympathy for the judge who was no longer fit to serve on the bench, he was a good guy who just couldn’t accept it was time for him to step down, and I loathed his slimy clerk. I would’ve liked a resolution on the murder case, it was compelling, but I liked the storyline with the judge. I loved the final scene between the judge and McCoy, when the judge reminisced about Schiff being in the office and how he would always eat sandwiches, a nice callback. 

• Love 4

I saw the episode Zero tonight, a very interesting episode, as the second half became much more about the issue of the judge not being mentally healthy enough to serve on the bench instead of the murder case, but it was a very strong episode. I felt sympathy for the judge who was no longer fit to serve on the bench, he was a good guy who just couldn’t accept it was time for him to step down, and I loathed his slimy clerk. I would’ve liked a resolution on the murder case, it was compelling, but I liked the storyline with the judge. I loved the final scene between the judge and McCoy, when the judge reminisced about Schiff being in the office and how he would always eat sandwiches, a nice callback. 

I watched it too. That clerk was a piece of work. She wasn't helping him because she liked him or felt sorry for him nope it was to save her own pension and job. I did feel bad for the judge too. He really wasn't a bad guy. It would be really hard to accept you had to step down because you were no longer fit to do your job. I loved the seen at the end and the mention of Adam. It was really nice. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Me too. Her reaction when she realized she killed the man for nothing. 

Yes.  You can see her just break down entirely in horror over what she has done.  It plays back into what her mother said earlier in the episode about how the coins had become such an albatross for the family that she wouldn't pick them up if they were at her feet.  Just the idea the coins might be out there was enough that it destroyed Judith.    

• Love 5

I think y'all can surmise that I love The Original L&O!

My All-Time List:

Aftershock (Death of ADA Kincaid).

Mega (Michael McKean and Annette O'Toole).

Slave (Heart-wrenching final scene).

Encore (Larry Miller,  redux).

Amends ("Do you forgive me,  Lennie?" "All day long,  Tommy.  All day long.").

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

Aftershock was the absolute worst episode in L&O history IMO, there was no case, all ridiculous personal soapy drama, which was the opposite of what L&O was about. It’s the one episode that I will never watch when it comes on. 

The others you listed are all good IMO, I like Amends a lot, Tommy Brannigan was a likable character despite him covering for the ambassador’s son IMO, I liked the last scene between him and Lennie a lot.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Aftershock was the absolute worst episode in L&O history IMO, there was no case, all ridiculous personal soapy drama, which was the opposite of what L&O was about. It’s the one episode that I will never watch when it comes on. 

For realz! Especially Claire's all-of-a-sudden-I-don't-wanna-be-a-prosecutor nonsense; Jack's assholishness because Claire didn't show up to the bar "in time," Rey's cheating, and Lennie Falling off the Wagon. Why? Because they viewed an execution? PUHLEAZE. 🙄Like it was their first, or the FIRST time in EVER that New York executed someone? Ohhh the DRAAMAAAAA!!!!!!

• Love 6

Exactly! We're suppose to believe all that happened because they saw an execution and it was of someone who was clearly guilty of his crime. I can't see Jack, Lennie, or Rey losing any sleep over that. Plus up to that point all four had already seen crimes that were so much more worse and disturbing then that. It makes zero sense. The only one who probably would have a problem with it would be Claire because she's made it clear in previous episodes she was against the death penalty. But I still can't see her going to that extremes either. That's what knocks Lennie off the wagon not the death of his daughter who had become an addict. But some bad guy who was guilty. 

• Love 3

One episode that drives me is Bad Girl everyone's reaction that the murderer may have changed. I have no problem with criminals changing even if its not that common and hers seems quick. She finds Jesus and all that. But would any of them be jumping through the hoops if she found Alla and was ready to accept her fate? If she was Jewish? Or Hindu? Or any other religion? Would anyone be leaping to save the poor repented Muslim or Jewish girl if she found those religions, confessed and was going to be executed? Would anyone in the DA's office be troubled about still executing her? And why the hell is finding Jesus means then you shouldn't be executed for your crimes? You still committed them. If you were a real Christian you are suppose to confess your crimes and face the consequences for them. That is a big part of being Christian. It is not a get out of jail or consequences free card.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

For realz! Especially Claire's all-of-a-sudden-I-don't-wanna-be-a-prosecutor nonsense; Jack's assholishness because Claire didn't show up to the bar "in time," Rey's cheating, and Lennie Falling off the Wagon. Why? Because they viewed an execution? PUHLEAZE. 🙄Like it was their first, or the FIRST time in EVER that New York executed someone? Ohhh the DRAAMAAAAA!!!!!!

Actually, since NY had not had a death penalty for a while, it WAS their first time.  And if you have never watched someone die, you really can't comment on how it affects you. Just like if you haven't been physically attacked (not playground nonsense but really attacked, where you might be in danger of death), or sexually assaulted, or any other really deep and visceral experience that is life and death, you have no idea how you will react.  Lennie even expressed part of his problem with it, when he was talking to his daughter and said that he isn't there when they die, and he is usually supposed to find out who did it and bring them to justice.  This time he was supposed to watch another human being be killed and do nothing.  This time they weren't supposed to go find someone and bring him to justice, and they weren't supposed to care that a human life was snuffed out.  Even though they made the defendant over the top horrible (and if you ever read descriptions of what most people who are on death row did to get there, you would know that most of them are at least as horrible as this guy, if not more), there is an enormous difference between wanting him dead (as so many people do in a case like this, the way the non-arresting cops did) and actually seeing someone die, and knowing that your work contributed to his death.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

One episode that drives me is Bad Girl everyone's reaction that the murderer may have changed. I have no problem with criminals changing even if its not that common and hers seems quick. She finds Jesus and all that. But would any of them be jumping through the hoops if she found Alla and was ready to accept her fate? If she was Jewish? Or Hindu? Or any other religion? Would anyone be leaping to save the poor repented Muslim or Jewish girl if she found those religions, confessed and was going to be executed? Would anyone in the DA's office be troubled about still executing her? And why the hell is finding Jesus means then you shouldn't be executed for your crimes? You still committed them. If you were a real Christian you are suppose to confess your crimes and face the consequences for them. That is a big part of being Christian. It is not a get out of jail or consequences free card.  

Bad Girl reminds me of In God We Trust, where the defense attorney tries to get the charges dismissed based on the fact that the defendant was a born again Christian. I wanted to slap Borgia in that episode, acting like that the defense had a point and that the defendant should be forgiven because he was a Christian, I loved McCoy’s retort of “and if you don’t believe in Christ?” and his final argument, as well as the murderer’s sister not forgiving the murderer. 

As for Aftershock, yeah it made no sense that the execution would cause Briscoe to fall off the wagon, McCoy to be incredibly shaken and Curtis to cheat on his wife, it was ridiculous melodrama and the opposite of what L&O was about. I refuse to watch Aftershock when it comes on.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Bad Girl reminds me of In God We Trust, where the defense attorney tries to get the charges dismissed based on the fact that the defendant was a born again Christian. I wanted to slap Borgia in that episode, acting like that the defense had a point and that the defendant should be forgiven because he was a Christian, I loved McCoy’s retort of “and if you don’t believe in Christ?” and his final argument, as well as the murderer’s sister not forgiving the murderer. 

I wanted to slap her too. I do love McCoy's retort its exactly correct. What if you don't belief in Christ? Oh, too bad then you have to do your time. Same if you are another faith. I love his argument and I do love the that the murderer's sister doesn't forgive him either. I hate that they think just because their a Christian and repent or may have repented then oh well okay they don't have to do their crime. That's crap for McCoy's retort but also not one Christian points out that as a Christian or a true Christian if the guy In God We Trust truly was he would have repented to a priest or minister who would have told him he had to turn himself into to accept his consequences which is a big part of the faith. Its not just repent and your forgiven or you tell people you repented to God and that's it. No you still have to face the consequences of your actions. If you don't then you haven't truly repented. No one ever points that out. 

As for Aftershock, yeah it made no sense that the execution would cause Briscoe to fall off the wagon, McCoy to be incredibly shaken and Curtis to cheat on his wife, it was ridiculous melodrama and the opposite of what L&O was about. I refuse to watch Aftershock when it comes on.

So do I.

• Love 2

Re: "Aftershock":

To me,  it wasn't incongruous that Lennie would react differently from when his daughter died, by jumping off the wagon; or that Rey would succumb to being less than a marital straight  arrow for an afternoon (his regret's being used to excellent effect in the later 3-part Hollywood story line); or that the affair between McCoy and Kincaid would be on shaky ground. 

Because the death they witnessed wasn't perpetrated by a "bad guy." They were certainly all hard-nosed about their jobs. 

Rather,  the killing they witnessed was done by the State. The "good guys."

Them.  

• Love 1

I could see them being affected, and to different degrees, but to have all of the so affected was way too over the top for me.   I don't even know if it was soap-operaish, there's at least some good melodrama with soaps.  I rolled my eyes so hard watching that ep.  I actually stopped watching to show for a while, probably at least a season.  

• Love 3

I'm confused by Season 9 Disciple and Jack's reaction to Rosa. He really buys into Rosa's belief that St. Michael told her to perform an exorcist on Kiera who died as result. Jack's never had a problem before separating religion from the crime. So why is this different? Rosa left the church because her ideas and methods were too old school even for them. Truly believer or not she still killed Kiera and how could that really be what St. Michael wanted? The girl didn't deserve to die because a nun believed she was getting messages from St. Michael. I'm glad the jury found her guilty. 

• Love 2