Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order Discussion Topic (2019 - 2021)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

AHEM! That’s “We were married for TWENTY-FIVE YEEEEEEEEEERS!”

That jury was SOOOOOOO going to convict.

I still have the urge to rip off my ears and beat that whiny wench with them when she starts that spiel!

• LOL 7

Here's another discussion question, who are the most contemptible perps you can remember in the show? not necessarily the most evil ones

The doctor in cut is one for me 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, balmz said:

Here's another discussion question, who are the most contemptible perps you can remember in the show? not necessarily the most evil ones

The doctor in Harvest. So smug and arrogant and saying that it *was* up to him to decide when the victim died.

• Love 4

Black White and Blue was on today, very good episode where the teenager was killed after being dropped off in Harlem by the 2 cops. Great episode, I thought the cops got off easy though, they should’ve gone to prison for longer than 3-9 years, they basically committed kidnapping and false imprisonment and as a result the victim died. The police are supposed to protect the public and instead they put the victim in danger because they were butthurt by his comments. Fuck those 2 cops. I was surprised that McCoy didn’t want to go after the cops harder and that it was Schiff was the one who was going after them harder, usually McCoy isn’t afraid to take on challenging cases and take on corrupt authorities while Schiff likes to make deals. I was on Adam’s side and I was somewhat disappointed with McCoy. 

The investigation of the murder was good as well, as it almost always is with Briscoe/Green as the detectives, and I liked how Van Buren got a larger role in the episode.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Black White and Blue was on today, very good episode where the teenager was killed after being dropped off in Harlem by the 2 cops. Great episode, I thought the cops got off easy though, they should’ve gone to prison for longer than 3-9 years, they basically committed kidnapping and false imprisonment and as a result the victim died. The police are supposed to protect the public and instead they put the victim in danger because they were butthurt by his comments. Fuck those 2 cops. I was surprised that McCoy didn’t want to go after the cops harder and that it was Schiff was the one who was going after them harder, usually McCoy isn’t afraid to take on challenging cases and take on corrupt authorities while Schiff likes to make deals. I was on Adam’s side and I was somewhat disappointed with McCoy. 

The investigation of the murder was good as well, as it almost always is with Briscoe/Green as the detectives, and I liked how Van Buren got a larger role in the episode.

I also watched this today and think it's a really good one as well. Agree that it was a good police investigation and that they went too easy on the cops. They didn't seem to have much remorse, either. I assume they went with the lighter sentence in the plea because they likely would have been acquitted in Albany. Still, not nearly enough.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MarylandGirl said:

I also watched this today and think it's a really good one as well. Agree that it was a good police investigation and that they went too easy on the cops. They didn't seem to have much remorse, either. I assume they went with the lighter sentence in the plea because they likely would have been acquitted in Albany. Still, not nearly enough.

Yeah they agreed to the deal because an acquittal was likely in Albany, I think it would’ve been a hard case to make even in NYC, juries tend to have a hard time convicting cops, but yeah they got off easy. I thought it was interesting how McCoy seemed more reluctant to go after the cops hard while Schiff wanted to, I was definitely on Schiff’s side. It is a great episode, most season 10 episodes are great, it might be my favorite season, I love the lineup of characters and almost every episode is excellent, I’m enjoying the season 10 marathon today!! 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, balmz said:

Not the killer, but still a perp - Richard Peterson from "Survivor". The publicity hungry chubby fake billionaire real estate tycoon who expanded into football, airlines, etc. based on lies and shaky debt. Can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason every time I watch that episode the past few years I find him a little more contemptible...

• Love 3

I agree that the cops in "Black, White, and Blue" got off way too easily. It doesn't matter if the kid was giving them attitude, they were the adults -- they were COPS -- and they should have known better than to drop the kid off in the middle of a riot.

20 hours ago, balmz said:

Oooh, tough call. There are so many. The pro-life zealot in "Life Choice", the drunk driver in "Under the Influence" -- I didn't buy his last minute remorse after spending the episode not even sorry about what he did, the father who killed the insurance guy in "Undercovered" (I felt bad for his sick daughter but it's still no excuse and there's no way I would let her live with him after he beat a guy to death), the horrible teen parents that killed their baby in "Denial", the teen mom who STARVED her baby in "Mother's Milk", I could go on and on...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 5

So I was on vacation for two weeks and got some episodes to watch.

Corruption was one of the episodes I watched and I didn't like it at all. It tainted Lennie the following year when his daughter was killed since the allegation came up in a court case concerning his daughter. 

I wanted kick Flynn's ass to Hoboken. 

• Love 2

Family business episode I just watched where Richard Spiegal gets killed and two sisters, Lara and Kate are suspects. 

Who do you think killed Richard? Lara or Kate. Lara was married to Richard. I kinda think it was Kate, especially how she looked at her dad and he didn't even look at her. 

• Love 1

Some funny dialogue from Human Flesh Search Engine

Bernard to someone on the phone : “Screw you!!”

Van Buren “I’m guessing that wasn’t your mother”

Bernard “No that was some one calling me a Nazi. You know an hour ago I got a call from someone telling me I needed to go on a diet”

Lupo “Maybe that was your mother!!” 

That makes me laugh everytime I watch the episode, and Van Buren’s facial expression after Lupo’s comment is great. 

The episode was interesting, I liked Lupo tracking down how the head of Flashposse knew about the murderer’s psychosis and enabled her anyway, great detective work. 

• Love 3

To me, it's just the character's name.  They say lots and lots of people's full names all the time on this show, including the main character's, and especially the murder victim's.  And I don't think Mike Cutter, for example, says the name particularly fast.

• Love 1

what are some episodes you wish had a second part or we saw what happened next? a few come to mind for me

I would have liked to seen what happened next in dazzled with the girl who killed her dad's girlfriend, one idea i had was the defense for her tries an eed defense based off her parents fighting and them being bad parents and her parents actually agree to it  and say on the stand they are bad parents since they felt bad for her and didn't want her to spend the rest of her life in prison

I also wanted to see more of the episode homesick

Also a follow up to the episode where the guy wasn't mentally ill but had a brain tumor that the doctor did nothing about would have been interesting since he was charged with manslaughter and would later be charged with murder, one thing that might have been interesting is if the guy in the tumor was released later and jack offered the doctor a deal since the tumor guy was going to be suing the doctor, for every 300k he gives the guy so he can enjoy his last 1-2 years alive, jack will take off 1 year of his sentence, however jack was recommending a sentence of 25 years to life for the guy;s death and 15 years for the one guy's death he indirectly caused to run consecutively, the doctor is only able to reduce his sentence to 36 years to life 

also wanted to see more of the chattel episode

Edited by balmz
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, balmz said:

what are some episodes you wish had a second part or we saw what happened next? a few come to mind for me

I would have liked to seen what happened next in dazzled with the girl who killed her dad's girlfriend, one idea i had was the defense for her tries an eed defense based off her parents fighting and them being bad parents and her parents actually agree to it  and say on the stand they are bad parents since they felt bad for her and didn't want her to spend the rest of her life in prison

I also wanted to see more of the episode homesick

Also a follow up to the episode where the guy wasn't mentally ill but had a brain tumor that the doctor did nothing about would have been interesting since he was charged with manslaughter and would later be charged with murder, one thing that might have been interesting is if the guy in the tumor was released later and jack offered the doctor a deal since the tumor guy was going to be suing the doctor, for every 300k he gives the guy so he can enjoy his last 1-2 years alive, jack will take off 1 year of his sentence, however jack was recommending a sentence of 25 years to life for the guy;s death and 15 years for the one guy's death he indirectly caused to run consecutively, the doctor is only able to reduce his sentence to 36 years to life 

also wanted to see more of the chattel episode

Extended Family where the father is accused of rape of his daughter and the daughter was taken away by some lady who was friends with the mom. Once the father was found innocent, the child and the mom as well as the lady who was trying too hard to protect her disappear. 

I did write a follow up to that story though years ago on a fan fiction site. 

• Love 3

The episode that I always wanted a follow up on was Killerz, with the sociopathic little girl, I have no doubt she would’ve killed again. It really pissed me off that she got off and was sent back to live with her shitty mother by that idiot judge. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

The episode that I always wanted a follow up on was Killerz, with the sociopathic little girl, I have no doubt she would’ve killed again. It really pissed me off that she got off and was sent back to live with her shitty mother by that idiot judge. 

yeah that annoyed me too and the ending was probably the most disturbing in that series, part of me always debated writing a fanfic that follows up, not sure if this is legally or realistically possible, basically the mother of the boy who was killed decides to file a civil lawsuit against her and the mother for wrongful death, jack then decides to try and horn in on it, and tries to get the mother of the girl to have her committed like they were trying to in exchange for dropping the civil suit, it works out lucky and she is committed, however an alternative idea i had was the girl realizes what was going to happen and actually kills herself to avoid being taken away or just to spite the da's office, might be too over the top or dark for the series though that a 12 year old actually does that

• Love 4

I just watched "Virus" 3.19:

The untimely deaths of patients at a local diabetes clinic will lead Detectives Mike Logan and Lennie Briscoe into an investigation, where they must interrogate a few suspicious computer hackers and a blind man for answers.

The blind man is played by Dana Elcar (of MacGyver fame) who in real life had gone blind due to glaucoma. When he was on the stand passionately declaring that while the doctors and lawyers were still living the high life, he could not see, I heard a catch in Michael Moriarty's voice as Ben Stone when he replied, which is likely in part because of his sympathy for his fellow actor's plight:

Except that I can't see anything! Is that all right?

No more questions, Your Honor. 

• Love 3

I’m watching S9 E13 “Hunters,” with the two arrogant bounty hunters who shot two women. Lennie punches one of them. Dr. Cusamano from “The Sopranos” is one of the defense lawyers. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Claire85 said:

I’m watching S9 E13 “Hunters,” with the two arrogant bounty hunters who shot two women. Lennie punches one of them. Dr. Cusamano from “The Sopranos” is one of the defense lawyers. 

That’s another episode where the ending pisses me off, those bounty hunters should’ve gotten a MUCH more severe penalty than they did. Even if they couldn’t prove a murder conspiracy, they should’ve been put away for manslaughter at the very least. 

It was satisfying to see Briscoe slug that asshole bounty hunter, and it stands out because Briscoe rarely lost his temper or used force, he was usually laid back and had a cynical, jaded but not hot tempered style. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

That’s another episode where the ending pisses me off, those bounty hunters should’ve gotten a MUCH more severe penalty than they did. Even if they couldn’t prove a murder conspiracy, they should’ve been put away for manslaughter at the very least. 

It was satisfying to see Briscoe slug that asshole bounty hunter, and it stands out because Briscoe rarely lost his temper or used force, he was usually laid back and had a cynical, jaded but not hot tempered style. 

Yeah that's what crazy about that episode. They easily could have changed them with manslaughter. We've seen Jack twist the law and try other charges to try and get some sort of justice some that really stretched things. But doesn't on this one. They all just give up when they had real easy solution.

• Love 3

Season 20 is on today, it was a really strong season, lots of high quality episodes. I saw Steel Eyed Death, very good episode, I liked Lupo explaining his past with PTSD on the stand and also how Lupo calmly talked down Bonnie/Amanda when she was holding the knife to the girl’s throat and then was going to kill herself. Very good episode for Lupo. Also it marked the first appearance since season 15 of Skoda, it’s always great to see him!!

Next up was Boy on Fire, a disturbing and excellent episode about the charter school kid burned alive by the 4 kids from the public school, and the principal who had doctored their grades provided them with false alibis. Terrific episode, I was somewhat irritated by the principal who refused to see what was right in front of her that her students were guilty of murder and rape. I liked the ending where Cutter, McCoy and Rubirosa were left to contemplate what the right thing to do about the principal was. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 2

I'm watching Brazil right now.  Another good one from season 20.  There are no good people here.  The mom takes her kid away from her ex and her parents, for what exactly?  that's where her new husband lives? she doesn't want to see her ex?  I understand the desperation of the ex and parents, but they tried to kill, or at least willingly poisoned, new husband to get the girl back.  

• Love 5

And with S20 done on Sundance, S1 begins anew, with the first pilot (yet inexplicably labeled Episode 6), "Everybody's Favorite Bagman". I recall it was said this pilot was all the way back in 1988. So, in that vein, the recycling was not quick.

But in broadcast repeats back to back in quick succession, it's amusing to see Marcia Jean Kurtz as the well-to-do wife of the victim and would show up a mere eight episodes later as the drugged-up Mommie Dearest from Hell, Carla Lowenstein, in "Indifference".

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And with S20 done on Sundance, S1 begins anew, with the first pilot (yet inexplicably labeled Episode 6), "Everybody's Favorite Bagman". I recall it was said this pilot was all the way back in 1988. So, in that vein, the recycling was not quick.

But in broadcast repeats back to back in quick succession, it's amusing to see Marcia Jean Kurtz as the well-to-do wife of the victim and would show up a mere eight episodes later as the drugged-up Mommie Dearest from Hell, Carla Lowenstein, in "Indifference".

It’s labeled as episode 6 because it aired as the 6th episode, although it was the first one filmed. 

1 minute ago, Xeliou66 said:

It’s labeled as episode 6 because it aired as the 6th episode, although it was the first one filmed. 

Well, Sundance isn't doing that, hence my confusion. It is showing "Bagman" (on now) as the very first S1 episode in rotation, and next is pilot #2, "Prescription For Death".

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, Sundance isn't doing that, hence my confusion. It is showing "Bagman" (on now) as the very first S1 episode in rotation, and next is pilot #2, "Prescription For Death".

There really isn't any good place to air "EFB" but production order is certainly a defensible choice. I believe that the Episode # label that appears might be some sort of metadata? The episode #, cast list, etc. which appears seems to be the same across networks and services including the mistakes which makes sense if it comes that way. In which case it's not really something they can change. and if they can't be bothered to get uncensored cuts they certainly aren't going to worry about the episode #s are they?

I think there certainly is a case to be made for showing this episode in production order since I think at this point just about the entire audience is aware of what the series is and seeing the development as they worked out the kinks and found a workable formula is interesting (and informative for those who haven't seen the earliest episodes.) It's not like the show was worried about continuity or confusing the viewers or they wouldn't have aired the failed pilot just because they had already paid for it (or they would have at least come up with a framing device or something - "this was back when Captain Pike commanded the 27...") and the episode is such an oddity that the labeling is probably the least confusing thing about it!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

WHAAAAAT????? WHEN???? Why didn't you PM meeeeeeeee??????

16 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I'm watching Brazil right now.  Another good one from season 20.  There are no good people here.  The mom takes her kid away from her ex and her parents, for what exactly?  that's where her new husband lives? she doesn't want to see her ex?  I understand the desperation of the ex and parents, but they tried to kill, or at least willingly poisoned, new husband to get the girl back.  

Ugh yes, the mother really was a selfish bitch. I'd like to think she felt some remorse for setting all that into motion, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ugh yes, the mother really was a selfish bitch. I'd like to think she felt some remorse for setting all that into motion, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

There were no good people in that whole thing, except for the kid. The mom, the grandparents, the ex, the whole pack of them were awful.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WHAAAAAT????? WHEN???? Why didn't you PM meeeeeeeee??????

Because it started in the middle of the night and I didn't think you'd be up! (I was up. Started around midnight or 1:00 a.m.)

• Love 1

I've caught a few Season 1 episodes today..and some Max Greevy really annoyed me with the misogony and I found Stone to have more empathy towards some victims than McCoy. McCoy was all about winning while Stone seemed to be about justice for the victim..It's a bit of a nuanced difference and a bit of a different vibe to the L&O I would come to know.

• Love 2

Here's one question been meaning to ask, what are some episodes where you didn't agree with what the police or the da's office was doing, not if they were plea bargaining or dropping cases, but their actions

One for me sorta was the episode where a cop used an underage informant and it got the kid shot and the one girl killed, to be honest i sided with lennie, also the kid broke the law in the first place and should have to suffer consequences for his actions, it's letting people off easy that has led to things like ethan couch or elliot rogers, likely the kid would have continued down a bad path if the cop hasn't caught him them

another was the darwain episode, i am fully aware that the guy killed the other mentally ill homeless man for an orange but to be honest, it kind of felt like mccoy was mad at not being able to prosecute the lady who hit the guy earlier and give her a far harsher sentence and was taking it out on the man, i agree he deserved to be punished for his actions but i don't know it just felt like mccoy chose the nearest target to take out his frustration 

1 hour ago, balmz said:

Here's one question been meaning to ask, what are some episodes where you didn't agree with what the police or the da's office was doing, not if they were plea bargaining or dropping cases, but their actions

One for me sorta was the episode where a cop used an underage informant and it got the kid shot and the one girl killed, to be honest i sided with lennie, also the kid broke the law in the first place and should have to suffer consequences for his actions, it's letting people off easy that has led to things like ethan couch or elliot rogers, likely the kid would have continued down a bad path if the cop hasn't caught him them

another was the darwain episode, i am fully aware that the guy killed the other mentally ill homeless man for an orange but to be honest, it kind of felt like mccoy was mad at not being able to prosecute the lady who hit the guy earlier and give her a far harsher sentence and was taking it out on the man, i agree he deserved to be punished for his actions but i don't know it just felt like mccoy chose the nearest target to take out his frustration 

I sometimes disagree with the DA’s when they go after someone who didn’t directly commit the crime, but whom they view as ultimately responsible. For example I thought the judge was correct to overturn the verdict in Gunshow. 

I also disagreed with McCoy challenging the same sex marriage law in Gov Love just to help win his case, although I didn’t like that episode all around.

I didn't like how Jack went after the ex-wife of the firefighter who had a mental breakdown and killed her new husband's wife. Jack made it sound like her post 9-11 psychosis was a bunch of crap that she was just using as an excuse because she never sought professional help beforehand. Which is really offensive since a lot of people have a hard time admitting help and some of them can't afford therapy. And this woman literally had no time to get help since her no-good dirtbag cheating husband left her high and dry and didn't even help pay child support (his excuse was that his rich new wife had the right not to share her money, etc) so she had to go back to work and raise her kids by herself.

So yeah, this was one of the rare times where I pitied the perp more than the victim. Also the only time where I ever agreed with Serena about anything -- and just writing that makes me want to shower.

• Love 2

Watching the Winter Soldier kill people to.make the man (Phil Dunphy?) who kidnapped him happy.  Feel really bad for the kid 's mom.

Also, Bucky Barnes doesn't look anything like Bucky when he's playing a different character.

6 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Watching the Winter Soldier kill people to.make the man (Phil Dunphy?) who kidnapped him happy.  Feel really bad for the kid 's mom.

Also, Bucky Barnes doesn't look anything like Bucky when he's playing a different character.

I felt worse for the victims, who don't get any justice because all the sympathy goes to that kid. Being brainwashed doesn't change the fact that he felt zero remorse for his actions. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I felt worse for the victims, who don't get any justice because all the sympathy goes to that kid. Being brainwashed doesn't change the fact that he felt zero remorse for his actions. 

How hard would it be to find your kid after 10 years and he wants nothing to with you?  But, yeah, everything related to the murders the kid did cause he chose to.  Couldn't stand the teenage sister though, but I'm not sure why.

It's not a palate cleanser, because Seasons 18-20 were good. The show got the shot of...I'm blanking on the word, but the addition of Connie and then Mike, convinced me the show would go on a lot longer than it did. Cheapass Dickless Wolf.

Anyhoo...

That said, sitting down and watching season one again (my favorite episodes that I missed will air again on Sunday-"LIfe Choice", "Indifference", "In the Half Light"), just gave me the warm fuzzies. Like I've said before, I like Jack. But I LOVE Benjamin Stone, and the REAL Paul Robinette, who wasn't afraid to call Stone out when Stone let his ego/pride get in the way, as he did in "The Torrents of Greed." Hell, even Max called him out on it: "You got greedy." Which allowed Masucci to set Stone up, and get the case dismissed. Stone's belief in justice and the law, along with his morality about the same, I think is why I love him. How he doesn't let his personal beliefs about any social or political issue prevent him from doing his job.  In "Life Choice" he was just GODDAMNED amazing the way he cut Rose Schwimmer down--and he mentioned to Adam, that just because he was against abortion didn't mean he couldn't prosecute those that broke the law--because abortion was legal (paraphrasing here). Or in "The Secret Sharers" how he tells Shambala: "The Commandment says 'Thou Shall Not Kill', not Thou shall not kill NICE people." That line just cracks me up due to his delivery. Now I can't remember if it was in the second episode, first time we meet Shambala, that Stone goes off on his team and says something about getting evidence or something, before Shambala handed him his ass again on a platter. Something like that. It was hilarious.

But I hate the ending of "The Secret Sharers" so much. I wanted to punch the jury forewoman who said they acquitted Nicky because he looked like he was a nice boy, and maybe he shot Urbano. But he deserved to not go to jail. WHAT???  He admitted he killed him--the defense was that "according to his culture" he was "forced" to kill the man who "shamed" his fiancee. I hated that Texan lawyer, who epitomized the worst of stereotypes. Bubba, my ass.

And Stone was right: the jury knew they were being "flim-flammed" but didn't care.

I have to believe that S. Epatha Merkeson was SO awesome as the mother of Geoffrey and Andrew in "Mushrooms" that Wolf or the casting director remembered her, so when they needed to add a female Lieutenant, they thought of her and asked her to do it. I ALWAYS get chills and cry when she's told that her baby was murdered. So RAW.

"Serpent's Tooth" is also another good one. I laugh and laugh at the incompetent Russian defense attorney who didn't know the difference between New York County (Manhattan) and New York City, while trying to get a deal for his lying client, to the point of suborning perjury.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, flyingdi said:

How hard would it be to find your kid after 10 years and he wants nothing to with you?  But, yeah, everything related to the murders the kid did cause he chose to.  Couldn't stand the teenage sister though, but I'm not sure why.

Don't get me wrong, I DID feel sorry for the mother and the sister because none of this was their fault, but on the other hand, they're choosing to become pariahs by continuing to support an unrepentant murderer -- who wants nothing to do with them.  The teenage sister annoyed me too because of her acting like he should get a free pass just because he got kidnapped and brainwashed.  

• Love 4

Catching up on some DVRed season 12, and ugh, the legal parts with both Serena and Nora are killing me...I keep thinking how they'd be so much better with...pretty much any other person in those roles over the series. At least Briscoe and Green make the first half entertaining!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Don't get me wrong, I DID feel sorry for the mother and the sister because none of this was their fault, but on the other hand, they're choosing to become pariahs by continuing to support an unrepentant murderer -- who wants nothing to do with them.  The teenage sister annoyed me too because of her acting like he should get a free pass just because he got kidnapped and brainwashed.  

I was very annoyed with the teenage sister as well, and I was disappointed with the jury’s verdict in Sheltered as well, despite Capshaw kidnapping the kid, he knew right from wrong and killed 4 people to cover up his real target, I was with Branch, he deserved to spend the rest of his life in prison. 

• Love 5

Say what you want about Arthur Branch, aka Foghorn Leghorn, but the man had some good moments.  My personal favorite was from "Bodies" when he called the dirtbag idiot lawyer who wouldn't give up where his client's victims' bodies where a "stupid SOB." 

Stupid Serena mealy-mouths, "He isn't exactly stupid."

"He believed his client about the bodies and went to see them himself?"

"Yes."

"Fine.  What's dumber than stupid?"

Heh.  And of course he's the one that finally fired Serena -- not in that episode, but still.  Can't exactly hate him for that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Say what you want about Arthur Branch, aka Foghorn Leghorn, but the man had some good moments. 

I had forgotten that he gets mentioned in that ep with the reality show, with Jim Gaffigam running one family, based on the Octomom and Jim and Kate Plus 8 - where he’s the judge of the new reality show at the end and McCoy is shocked. 

Thompson could act - he played a preacher/con man in an arc on Wiseguy and was terrific - that was the first time I saw him. 

• Love 5

Arthur is something of a polarizing character, but I kind of like him, I dislike his politics and how he would often bring in his politics into the discussion about their cases, but he had his good moments, and he added a spark back into the DA’s scenes that was sorely missing with Nora, say what you want about Arthur, but he was a colorful guy who had personality. He wasn’t nearly as great as Schiff, but he was far better than Nora.

• Love 10