Type keyword(s) to search

Last Man Standing - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The grafitti artist made Ed's sign kinda funny. STD, etc. Chuck getting the job from ED even after Mike not saying anything about it seemed to make Chuck upset. Mike could have said that Ed made the decision and Mike didn't know last night how it would end. But he did finally say what Vanessa thought about it being awkward to work with a friend. Chuck though did it right and not let his hired help handle the graffiti artist alone after the first goof up.

It was nice how at first Vanessa and Carol Larabee worked together and were freinds. But Vanessa didn't want Mike and Chuck to work together. She thought it would be awkward for the guys, but the girls friendship melted first.

Eve taking credit for Mandy all of a sudden doing housework, was kinda funny. And the new shirt shrinking was also kinda funny, But it would now fit Boyd. It seemed a little out of character for Mandy to start doing things and not take credit. Not sure if she will stick with it, or revert back. But it was nice that Eve not telling the truth, got her in hot water.

• Love 1

Seeing the episode again I just can't wrap around the logic of most of the plot. There is no way that Ryan would never had been vaccinated at any point in Canada or living in Colorado for a brief time. It is legal law since 1992 that if you are from outside the US and living within the Midwest or Rocky Mountain Region you must have record of vaccination or a confirm letter from a board certified medical doctor of why you cannot or haven't been vaccinated. Colorado, Illinois, Montana, Wisconsin and Idaho are major paper trail lookers if a child entering a public or private education institute has been vaccinated and all food or related allergies are given to them. You can't just say: "Sure, and here is my check." There is no way Kristin could have avoided having Boyd's vaccination records not provided when he was put even in Day Care due to legal reasons. Also, even with the the dumb stick they have hit Vanessa with the last three years would she not have helped Kristin or not known about Boyd not getting his shots. Same goes for Mike because ever since they magically aged Boyd, Ryan and Kristin in season 2, he knew Boyd's life inside and out. The episode was just written to make us sympathize with Kristin that she was young and stupid and that Ryan screwed up more in his life but it doesn't. Make them come off as completely uneducated morons, especially when Kristin is studying to be a doctor which was still confirmed in the last new episode given the text books she had. The story does not fit the history of the characters or even the previous episodes of "this" season. The ending is still left open with no resolution. 

• Love 1
Although Eve insists she's OK after her first high school break-up, everyone has an opinion as to how she should deal with her feelings. To take her mind off it, Mike has her tag along to watch sports on Ed's new 120-inch TV. Also, while shopping for Kristin's wedding dress, she and Mandy fight over how Kristin broke up with Kyle.
  • Love 1

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! So, now Eve's invisible boyfriend is all of a sudden out the window and we are suppose to care about it? Mandy and Kristin are fighting about how Kristin broke up with Kyle when it was mutual on both their parts. Kristin didn't see anything with Kyle moving forward, and Kyle felt Kristin was off to better things and didn't see a reason to continue the relationship. Of course, that was 4 years ago and a different actress. Kristin instead, lost braincells, aged 4 years and now is marrying her baby's daddy, who is an even bigger idiot. Now, Mandy is mad at Kristin the way she broke up with him? None of these plots make sense. 

• Love 4

When Mandy took up with Kyle, I thought they were ignoring Kyle and Kristin, as it was never, ever mentioned that they were a couple or that they actually broke up, Kristin and Kyle and Kyle and Boyd never interact, and the whole aging thing/different actresses throws the whole relationship out of whack.  Wouldn't this Kristin be too old for Kyle?  Wasn't age the reason we needed to change actresses to Amanda Fuller?  So, should have had to have an older Kyle, right? 

That is reason #486 that they should have left the actresses as they were, so we could have this interesting and funny (please read that sarcastically) episode four years later that actually made sense. 

Reason #487: As usual, when there is a plot centered around Kristin, Amanda Fuller shows she is not funny, though she is in a comedy.  Alexandra Krosney was so much funnier, had better chemistry with everyone etc.  Beating a dead horse just like this episode beat a dead plot point out of shape.

Bonus: No Boyd or Ryan! 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 3

The episode was so out of place. I can't feel bad for Eve even when she came clean about the break up because we NEVER saw Eric the boyfriend. He was mentioned and talked about, even Eve meeting his parents was talked about but we NEVER SAW THIS. This was constantly told but never shown. They never had problems casting actors to be Eve's boyfriends or love interests. Eric was really just a plot device but how can you feel sorry for Eve when you never saw the interaction? It was like everything between Kristin and Mandy arguing about Kyle in this episode. It was so out of place, yes we get it, Mandy does love Kyle but the entire rewriting of history doesn't work anymore. The talk about how Kyle read the same stories to Boyd because he enjoyed them but at the same time they changed things saying Boyd was almost 4 when the series started Boyd was 2. 

I also agree, Amanda Fuller is not good at comedy at all. Despite the trainwreck they have made Vanessa, Nancy Travis is funny but they were going too much with Jill 2.0 here. Remember on HI when Jill wanted the boys or Tim to talk about their feelings and went as far as getting Randy's girlfriend's dad, Bert to talk about how much his wife was annoying and it backfired? That was this with Vanessa and Eve. As much as I laughed at the ex-boyfriend stories because they were funny. I enjoyed the 120 inch TV story much, much, much more. It was funny from beginning to end but when Ed talk about his girlfriend who is now pregnant. It seems the writers are trying to find an "out" for the story they just created. It feels like a total let down. I do like that Chuck has become more of a character instead of the angry blackman next door. 

Would this stupid wedding just get over please? Maybe we can ship off Kristin and Ryan and Boyd forever after it.

• Love 1

I had thought that we met Eve's bf a couple times? Unless it's a different kid, we saw him(if I'm not mistaken) when she had the camp over for her Junior ROTC Military Training. Because he said that the camping was to rough. Vanessa had Mike watch to make sure it wasn't to tough on Eve. Also when Eve got publicity on the Football team, Justin  wasn't happy. Maybe even when they had him upset that Eve wanted to wear her JROTC uniform to the prom? But granted we did not see him often. I did figure Eve would break down later like she did on her ride home from Ed's with Mike. Vanessa trying to help her I figured would make it worse. But Vanessa going on and on over an ex bf was to much. When Vanessa and Kristin and Mandy were talking about it, and she kept going on about, my wife said "Lady, get over yourself!".

Ed's party for the most part was funny. I to like that Chuck is more of a friend then someone for Mike to hate and razz on. After Mike had told Chuck and Ed about Eve's problem and they both went on about their break ups and Mike was not happy. Why didn't he turn on the TV sooner? Also it was funny that Ed's TV wasn't even unboxed when they showed up. I also liked it when Chuck couldn't find the hidden door to leave the basement.

Wedding dress shopping turned out to be strange. The clerk liked all 3 in their dresses. But then we have Mandy thinking she can make Kristin the same dress. Then to keep the ex bf story line going Kristin and Mandy had to argue over why Kristin and Kyle broke up. It just seemed odd. Then they are mad at each other and Kristin almost decides to buy an expensive dress. Not sure if she at the end said yes or not?

Edited by webruce

I had thought that we met Eve's bf a couple times? Unless it's a different kid, we saw him(if I'm not mistaken) when she had the camp over for her Junior ROTC Military Training. Because he said that the camping was to rough. Vanessa had Mike watch to make sure it wasn't to tough on Eve. Also when Eve got publicity on the Football team, Justin  wasn't happy. Maybe even when they had him upset that Eve wanted to wear her JROTC uniform to the prom? But granted we did not see him often.

Completely different characters. Justin was this guy that was hung up on Eve and she liked him but he was very demanding, she was talking about Eric who was this guy talked about but we never met. In fact, an episode was spent on how Mike never met him but Eve had met his parents and Vanessa had met his mom. We never saw him.

• Love 1
When a neighbor's security camera catches Vanessa spraying the neighborhood cat with a hose, an upset Mike feels like they don't have any privacy. But as Mike reviews the security footage, he also sees Mandy in a compromising situation.
  • Love 1

After the out of place argument between Mandy and Kristin last week and then to see Mandy giving a classmate a chance just was way out of place. I'm sorry, free pass or not, Mandy should know that Kyle would never do anything and for Mandy to do this after basically saying she loved Kyle last week. Just doesn't work. The entire cat situation was just over the top, of course they would think Vanessa killed the cat. Because she shot it with the hose. I'm sorry, something about people who treat animals as the neighborhood pet, there are those who don't or just can't. Vanessa could have done a lot worse than hit it with a hose and thinking she was seeing things. What? Does Vanessa have a history of making crap up like Ryan or Eve as they go? No. This is two episodes that make no sense because the stories are all out of whack. Even worse with the neighbor who destroyed their mailbox who just happened to be wearing a giant cat sweatshirt really thought no one would see her? Really?

• Love 1

See's a breakup for Mandy and Kyle in the future. Agree Mandy would know Kyle would never take advantage of such an agreement but she did by kissing the other guy..

I can't see Kyle floating the idea of taking a couple break but I can see Mandy making the suggestion, maybe she's getting bored with Kyle.

Anyways see breakup for those two soon.

• Love 1

The neighbors cam catching Vanessa spraying the town cat, and later chasing it, and it chasing her was cute, but the story was kinda over done. The neighborhood thinks Vanessa did the cat in. Mike complained about it more. Even on his segment on the business website. But they weren't suspicious of him. The cat necessarily didn't have to be killed, Vanessa could have sent it to the pound. But if Vanessa saw it later others in the neighborhood could have too.

Mike switched back to not wanting Chuck around. Until he needed to see who did batting practice on his mail box. The cam showed the cat lady from up the street. I had to laugh when she walked down to the box,then looked around to make sure no one was watching? Not suspicious there,lol. Then went all Sammy Sosa on it.

Then we catch the Prius driving school mate planting one on Mandy. I am quite surprised she went that far. Kyle her love had a bachelor party weekend in Vega. For some they might slip up, but this is Kyle. He liked the poodles and was scared of the Volcano, what is it a fountain?.

Edited by webruce
  • Love 1

They have really just trashed Vanessa's character to the point where neighbors think she would kill a cat which not only did she spray with a garden house. Also did it because its coming into her yard and she is hugely allergic too. The entire Mandy Kyle thing was just horrible and it is like the writers are setting up their break up even after defending them and saying how great they are for each other. Can't Kyle get one win? I mean he bends over backwards for Out Door Man yet he is still just a senior employee, not even a manager of anything. Makes ziltch! He has a good relationship with Kirstin but then they break up because Kyle feels she is moving on to better things yet with the rewritten history, Kristin did it because Kyle wouldn't have been good for Boyd. Now Mandy decides to do a free pass for a Vegas weekend and she is the one who decides to take advantage of it. I mean come on, stop kicking the guy when he is down.

Would they make up their minds? Either Mike and Chuck can be friends or not. Even the "black jokes" were back, come on, it's not funny. Don't get me started on the Safe Haven jab, that joke was insulting and cruel not funny. So basically Mike, a woman who can't figure things out and has no environment to raise a child has to be stuck with it but a guy who leaves his family and pays nothing to their child or vice versa is fine? So, writers you are trying to basically say: "Get over Ryan being a douche, he is staying." 

• Love 2

I felt so bad for Ed, especially when he said they knew the baby was going to be a boy. You wouldn't think the writers would go there but they did. I mean a man in his 60s a woman in her early 40s. Two things are going to happen, baby is fine or problems from the start. The moment when Mike closed the door and sat in the chair and look at him. That spoke volumes and finally, Kyle is finally be acknowledge that shouldn't be treated the way he is. He gives up so much and look at him, poor guy. Sure, hot girlfriend, everyone can count on but its also this weak point. As for Ryan, could he be any more of an idiot? Really just when I think him and Kristin can't lose any more brain cells they do and good to see that Boyd still isn't shown. That's almost 4 episodes with no Boyd. What happened producers? Get into another argument with using your kid actor between gigs like the original Boyds?Just ship off Ryan, Boyd and Kristin. I think the show would do better without them.

• Love 1
When a homeless man that Kyle has befriended goes missing, Mike uses his vlog to help track him down. Mandy is inspired by Kyle's good deed and in her unique way, helps a young mother from the woman's shelter.
  • Love 1

I liked the fact that they were willing to address the issue that some homeless steal.  It also seems taboo to say that.  And then on the other end, some just really want and really need a job and a little help to get back on their feet.  It would be great if that homeless girl and her daughter became a regular part of the show.

• Love 2

I liked that Kyle had a big part of this episode. He has been missing a lot lately. I thought his talk about Church was good and how Mr. Alzate wanted to go through the store Sunday morning with Kyle. I really felt terrible for Ed and Wendi when he said they lost the baby boy. It was nice for Mike to close that door and sit there with Ed even if Ed wanted to be alone.And nice of Kyle at the end to come in to work Sunday so he could be with Ed. Ed told him they would be done in time for Church. Ed kind of treats him like a son. I enjoyed doing stuff with my dad the same way. And like Kyle it was ok, to hear the same Sammy Davis Jr. story over and over.

I at first thought it strange for Ryan to do the protesting selfies. But he stood for his ideals like Kyle did with Church. Then Kristin pointing out to Mike about it being unfair for him to back Kyle and not Ryan. It was nice for Mike to take the polar bear head for Ryan to use on his future protests.

Vanessa joke was cute,and Mike picking on it. Mandy, Boyd and Eve only did minimal damage.

I liked that Mike and Kristen were working on the new diner.

MIke actually laughed when he picked on Chuck, and Obama. It made it look like less of a dig and more of just joking. The comparison to Kyle helping Dave and Mandy helping Morgan. Dave was a bum who took advantage and wouldn't accept professional help, and Morgan really appreciated Mandy's help. It was funny to when Kyle and Mike went to his place to talk to Dave. Mike said the classic Cheech and chong line, "Dave, Daves not here!" Also they noticed Kyle's Tv and Star Wars lego ship was missing. My wife and son both said, forget the tv, but the Lego Star Wars ship is valuable.

I thought when Mandy had Morgan in her bedroom and she was looking for clothes for her interview that Morgan would start putting things in her purse. But Mike even invited her back for a dinner with her son. Vanessa had trouble with the wine showing on the counter because Morgan was a recovering alcholic and it was funny Mike trying to block the bottles. She also had trouble talking about having a home.

Mandy being friends with the rich girl, Jenna definately stood out. She was talking about getting a Caddy Escalade for her birthday, or atleast a new car. No wonder when she started to help at the shelter Eve was skeptical about her reasons.

When Mike and Vanessa come home early from their anniversary celebration, they are surprised to see that Mandy was planning a party, which included beer for the under-aged guests. Meanwhile, Ed's unique take on marriage and divorce causes Kristen to get nervous about her own upcoming wedding
  • Love 1
When an excited Mandy announces she will accept her dream summer internship job to work with a top fashion designer in New York City -- then suddenly claims she can't go -- Mike and Vanessa want to figure out why she changed her mind.
  • Love 1

So, Kyle is at the bottom become they don't think he is smart enough to warrant any type of promotion. Yet, he knows the store inside and out and if Ed or Mike told him to kill someone he would. Yeah, why would you promote him? Great to see the restaurant storyline is still going. But really, they had to have Ryan bring up Fergenson and not to mention they had to make a joke about it? That was really in poor taste. Enjoyed the rest of it.

• Love 1

I remember last season they did give Kyle a promotion, because he knew every job at Outdoor Man and knew who would be the best person for every job.  I don't remember the title, but they put him in charge of personnel placement and schedules.  Does anyone else remember this?  I guess they decided to go the "Joey Tribbiani" route and dumb him down.  Such a shame.  Can't we have a sweet character who still has a brain?

• Love 1

I remember last season they did give Kyle a promotion, because he knew every job at Outdoor Man and knew who would be the best person for every job.  I don't remember the title, but they put him in charge of personnel placement and schedules.  Does anyone else remember this?  I guess they decided to go the "Joey Tribbiani" route and dumb him down.  Such a shame.  Can't we have a sweet character who still has a brain?

I know but its been completely dropped to as you said to "Joey Tribbiani" Kyle and even worse show that Ed and Mike continue to walk all over him because they can and Kyle will ask how high to jump when asked. 

• Love 1

Mandy wins the internship in New York. But doesn't want Kyle there? I thought at first it was she wanted to play the field like when he was in Vegas. It was nice that Kyle wanted to be with her. But it probably would mess up her internship and what would Kyle do all day? He would have to work to support them.

I thought I did remember that Kyle got a promotion before also.

Blanca at times is ok, and other times is over board and tonight she did both. Her comments when Vanessa kept having her change rooms got to be a bit much to me. Sure it was annoying, but she is your boss. With 2 daughters at home Vanessa shouldn't need a house cleaner. Even though I know she's working for Mandy too.

Edited by webruce

I was quite surprised Mandy covered for Eve. I was also surprised that Eve would do that kind of party. It was funny how the friends acted when Mike answered the door. Especially with Cammy and her karaoke machine.

I thought that Bud would back up Eve, it was nice he did not. The talk about how Mike's brother Jim was so good, and Mike was the screw up came out as I figured. Mike was covering for him. Wonder if that will someday come to a head?

It was nice for Kristin and Ed to talk about her worries in marriage. And he gave her a nice gift, to be used in 10 years.

Mandy wins the internship in New York. But doesn't want Kyle there? I thought at first it was she wanted to play the field like when he was in Vegas. It was nice that Kyle wanted to be with her. But it probably would mess up her internship and what would Kyle do all day? He would have to work to support them.

I thought I did remember that Kyle got a promotion before also.

Blanca at times is ok, and other times is over board and tonight she did both. Her comments when Vanessa kept having her change rooms got to be a bit much to me. Sure it was annoying, but she is your boss. With 2 daughters at home Vanessa shouldn't need a house cleaner. Even though I know she working for Mandy too.

You really have to wonder what Blanca is going to do since Eve only has one more year of high school left and she is mostly likely going into the military and if the would just have Mandy and Kyle get married then the kids are all out of the house.

• Love 1
At the grand opening of The Outdoor Man Grill, things get tense when restaurant manager Kristin feels like co-owner Ed is undermining her ability to run the place. Meanwhile, Eve distances herself from a childhood girlfriend who seems to have a crush on her.
  • Love 1

That was a pretty good episode but man Boyd and Ryan just suck out fun in any scene they are in. The story with Eve was actually very interesting and I know a lot of people talked about Eve being possible gay due to her over Tomboy self. That was a very interesting story, especially how it ended. I did get Kristin's POV with Ed because while Ed does know people, Kristin has been both in a roach coach cafe and a high class restaurant, so she does have more experience. Her sweater though in the last scenes... yikes! Could her boobs be any more pushed up? Enough with Kyle being this stupid, he never was and now even he is saying he is going to be in the same position until he dies. Come on, let the guy win.

• Love 1
(edited)

Boyd and Ryan were in this episode?  I must have missed them in the, "I didn't see them" way, not the "I want to see them" way.

Kristin, was the main storyline and, as usual, no humor there.  But Kristin was right and the opinions of two people (one customer and a reviewer liking Ed) does not mean she was wrong.  She is the manager and Ed is the owner.  He needed to let her manage and not take over. 

Kyle's point that Kristin just got the job because of Mike, is just going to be ignored?  Should not have been thrown out there by Kyle or the writers, but it is true.

I am not really interested in the restaurant storyline.

What was the actual end result of Eve and Cami?  Is Cami interested in her?  Would have liked if Cami said how much she liked her as a friend and how important to her Eve is.  Now I don't know where Cami stands.  Is she sexually confused?  I thought that was what they were hinting at.  I think the subject is too complex to be handled quickly in a sitcom, but I didn't really understand the conclusion.

Kyle's increased stupidity is played for laughs and it just makes him seem pathetic and comes out mean.  Kristin was dismissive of him, just a few episodes after they had brought up their dating past.  The current Kristin would never have dated Kyle as he is portrayed now.

Not a particularly funny episode.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 1

Kyle has sadly fallen into the trap of many writers over the years going back to Friends and Two and a Half Men. Many call it the "Joey Effect" where Joey on Friends around Season 5 started losing more and more brain cells by the episode and by the end of the show it was amazing Joey knew how to dress himself. I remember Matt La Blanc even told writers he didn't like where Joey was going and that's why during his spin off series, Joey returned more to season 1-3 Joey. Same goes with Jake on Two and a Half Men. He was never the brightest but by the time Angus left the series, Jake was so stupid he couldn't read signs. I mean, signs that said: "This way to information" at an airport. Something that Angus was not scared to say after he left the show that he hated the last few years because Jake got to the point he probably needed help putting on his clothes in the morning.

Kyle has now gotten this way and of course Kristin has also been put this way. Some of the stuff she has done in the last two years, especially being anti-vaccine when is studying to be a doctor. That was not only so way out of character, Kristin came off that her parents never helped her once with Boyd while Ryan was out of the picture so long. Ryan's intelligence has really almost gotten to Kyle level with him wanting to cause problems over things that really don't effect his life style or Boyd's at all. I hate Kyle has become such a whinny loser that Ed and Mike can tell him to go hide drugs for them and he'll do it without question. Kyle saying he will be the low end until the day he dies wasn't funny. It was really, really bad. Also, what was with that outfit Kristin was wearing? It was hideous even though it was worn to highlight her boobs.

• Love 1

Kristin, was the main storyline and, as usual, no humor there.  But Kristin was right and the opinions of two people (one customer and a reviewer liking Ed) does not mean she was wrong.  She is the manager and Ed is the owner.  He needed to let her manage and not take over. 

What was the actual end result of Eve and Cami?  Is Cami interested in her?  Would have liked if Cami said how much she liked her as a friend and how important to her Eve is.  Now I don't know where Cami stands.  Is she sexually confused?  I thought that was what they were hinting at.  I think the subject is too complex to be handled quickly in a sitcom, but I didn't really understand the conclusion.

Kristen was sort of right i would say. But she handled it the worst way possible. Yes she has more restaurant experience and should be running restaurant operations. At the same time though Ed has a crapload of experience running a business and selling people stuff. A good manager should have recognized what he brought to the situation instead of totally writing him off. Him chatting with the customers or giving away free appetizers on opening night is not a bad thing. Him reassigning staff kind of is. That said if he is bankrolling the whole thing his friends should always be able to get a table.

Agreed that the Eve story made no sense and i have no idea if the other girl was attracted to her or if she was just a really needy and awkward friend.

• Love 3
(edited)

Exactly, I get Ed's situation and Kristin should have recognized that it was when Ed was putting things the way he would prefer, that is when the problems happened. However, I don't think Amanda Fuller is really good at comedy, she has been on the show for three years since they recast Kristin's role and put in Ryan and magically aged, Boyd. All three of them aren't funny, cute or anything. They aren't bad actors but Amanda Fuller and Jordan Masterson are better at dramas than comedies. When LMS comes to conclusion in the next few years, they need to go back to drama and stay far away from comedy. Cami's storyline could have really worked but it was just all over the place with no resolution. I mean she put Eve's head on her mom's body? That doesn't say: "I might be sexually confused and I like women instead." It says: "I really want you to be my mom in a twisted way." Many people were saying earlier last season if they would make Eve gay considering her mannerisms but as we have seen on a regular basis. She wants guys its just she could care less about wearing dresses or make up. They have put her as a tomboy way, way over the top. I think Molly Ephram though is great in the role but at times, I really wish they do more with Eve than: "I know better than anyone else when it comes to sports." This story line just wasn't a good fit.

Edited by readster
  • Love 1
(edited)

However, I don't think Amanda Fuller is really good at comedy, she has been on the show for three years since they recast Kristin's role and put in Ryan and magically aged, Boyd. All three of them aren't funny, cute or anything. They aren't bad actors but Amanda Fuller and Jordan Masterson are better at dramas than comedies. When LMS comes to conclusion in the next few years, they need to go back to drama and stay far away from comedy.

To be fair with all of them, it's easier to be "good at comedy" when you're working on a comedy, and you're not stuck in the weird non-funny bubble they're stuck in. When was the last time that the writers of LMS have used Kristin/Ryan as anything other than strawman targets for Tim Allen's political one-liners & rants ? I mean, the way he's written, I'm not sure even a young Tom Hanks would be able to make Ryan funny or likeable...

And as far as Kristin goes, not only has she devolved, but even when she's supposed to be the focus of a storyline, such as this week's episode, she's still has to play the straight woman, with nary a joke written for her. That doesn't help.

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Love 2

Oh, I agree on both. That's why Ryan is really the worst character on TV right now. If you look at history of TV shows, the reasons they become the worst characters is because of how they are written to be. In Ryan's case, his character is meant to be the one-liner, political trope for Tim Allen and the other writers who have the same view. Since Ryan has to be a fixture on the show, the only way to keep him from being taken out and shot is for Kristin to be devoid of any sense or anything. Same goes with Kyle, any other person would have quit Outdoor Man a long time ago if that is how they were treated for being so loyal and also setting up the vlog for Mike and keeping Ed's paperwork flowing effortlessly. Yet, they portray him as so stupid, its amazing he can get dressed in the morning and Mike and Ed just take advantage of him. I mean they dropped Mandy having ADHD to have her go back to: "Duh... what way did they go George?" to make the stories work. Same goes for Vanessa, I really hate where she has gone since season 2. She went from a bright, PhD person working on energy to going working in an inner city school because her future son-in-law had to bring up how bad the environment is treated. All of these characters have lost intelligence just to make the stories or political soap boxes work. That's what is going to do the show in, in the long run. Truth be told, if they hadn't started playing down the political jokes and stabs since last season, many critics believe that LMS would not have made it this far after a great first season.

• Love 2

I thought it was funny how Mike told about hunting an Elk.

They are pushing Kyle to be to dumb at times. He should be cute and naive but not really dumb. Yes Mandy to is not the smartest but still.

Kirstin did a good job at the resturaunt. She did finally see where Ed is a good host too. And maybe he won't be so pushy to do things his way now.
I was surprised that during off hours for Out Door Man, they didn't have some kind of wall to seperate the store and resturaunt.

I see Mike had a "Binford" lunch/tool bag.

Boyd was asleep on the couch. Mike joked about giving him pills to sleep. But this time PBS did it.

I thought at first that Mandy telling Eve about Cami liking her was just a mistake. A sister joke that made Eve parenoid. But it seemed that Cami did have a crush and is not sure about her preference. But Eve came through as a true friend. MIke still has Eve as his favorite even after her aborted Beer party.

I was surprised that during off hours for Out Door Man, they didn't have some kind of wall to seperate the store and resturaunt.

In the last scene at the restaurant there was a sign that said something about how the retail store was now closed, so please enter and exit through the restaurant. That said in reality there should be something more, especially with all that pricey merchandise they have in there. Then again I am fine if sitcoms aren't real.

• Love 1

In the last scene at the restaurant there was a sign that said something about how the retail store was now closed, so please enter and exit through the restaurant. That said in reality there should be something more, especially with all that pricey merchandise they have in there. Then again I am fine if sitcoms aren't real.

Oh exactly, most places that are branch areas owned by the same company there is more of a barrier (movable wall or gate) that keeps things separated because it looked pretty easy for even a kid to run over and grab a $50+ item and make off with it. 

Vanessa plays matchmaker for Eve and sets her up with one of her students - not realizing Eve may already be going out with someone else. Meanwhile, Mike and Chuck suspect Eve is secretly dating Chuck's son, Brandon.

I'm still confused by the end of Eve's plot. Is Cammy a lesbian, bisexual, bi-curious, or just an obsessed friend? 

Unless they bring her back, who knows. It was like Kristin's anti-vaccine stance, never resolved and never heard from again. They want to do these types of stories but never follow through or completely change character's history to make them work. Its like Vanessa as an "inner-city" school teacher now. We never, never, never see her in the classroom. They want to build an add on for the Outdoor Man restaurant but heaven forbid they do a school classroom set. Since this was: "Vanessa's Dream." 

Eve wants to date? She gets a boyfriend and they either want to change her or she complains about them all the time. Why bother? Just have her graduate and go to college and then she can worry about it. Oh wait! All the girls either get stuck at home or go to college and study at home. Never mind, go right ahead Vanessa. Maybe we'll see this amazing "inner-city" school that you work at finally. 

The show has fallen so horribly. I mean, Vanessa has gone from intelligent to funny to: "I have to keep showing our neighbors that I like black people." Yet, they said they hate it. As for Eve, I have no problem seeing her think that is how Mike wants her to be but in season two and part of three, Mike said he didn't want to be like that and hasn't. Also, they show Mike as being pretty reasonable showing how to golf or play other sports. Now, Eve is saying its too hard being a boy. Then Eve, stop doing it, start dating and just say you don't like girly stuff but enjoy being a woman. I'm also surprised that Vanessa's "inner city" school is apparently a very nice place that isn't any different than a regular high school these days. Wow! I get they can ship Ryan off to driving a truck some place but they feel they have to use Boyd by spinning around until he throws up. Apparently his ADHD is back in full swing. What a useless character and Kristin just isn't funny.

I think Eve just is the kid who tries overly hard to impress her parents (or her father, as the dominant personality here), no matter how much Mike might encourage her there. Then there's also the fact that she's not the girly kind so she does kind of function as Mike's surrogate son.

I liked her interaction with Brandon. Would be fun if they really were to get together, only to see everybody's head explode. And he's definitely better looking than that Logan kid (whom, I suspect, we'll never see again).

Why is Vanessa such a caricature? It's like the writers intentionally write her as the biggest mess possible, just so that Mike, even with his borderline racist views, will still come off better next to her.

Since season 2 all the characters went down hill. Vanessa the most and then recasting Kristin, Boyd and Ryan to bring "the drama" and Tim Allen's political views. Vanessa however has become the worst. I mean what happen to the smart but wise mother who was just a little out of touch with current trends. Now she is: "I don't know. I'm not a doctor." Mike: "Umm... yes you are? Who are you again?" Of course Mike has become very borderline racist and Kyle has devolved into: "Duh... which way did they go George?" 

In what world do pants that fit Mandy possibly fit her mother in any way?

Especially when Nancy Travis is older and larger body structure both up to and below. Of course Vanessa feels she has to talk about what black people she "likes" so she can stay friends with her neighbor and "inner city" school principal. I wish they would also drop that the school is apparently in a bad part of town because despite a school set. Anyone from the school apparently is very culturally mixed and somehow isn't the same high school that Eve and the girls went to previously. I scratch my head at just where Vanessa is commuting to teach. Of course, Eve still believes she has to be a "boy" to please MIke. News to writers, a girl can be a tomboy until they are grandparents and realize they don't have to be "boyish."