Type keyword(s) to search

Last Man Standing - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ugh I know as I am typing this I probably one of those horrible people thing about.  Eve wants to help the homeless - great I say.  Wants to quit her job  to focus on it - why?  Why does she have to quit her job to focus on helping people..  Does this interfere with her plans?  I doubt it.  Find your own path.  Why can't you find that path working and why do your parents have to pay for it when you are over the legal age.  This I find funny, really when people mention it.  Eve is an adult who quit her job, isn't going to school.  Why do her parents need to support her financially why she DOES NOT want to work or go to college?   She's NOT at college and NOT working - what part do they have to support her?  Then again, I am probably some stupid person.

• Love 3

The problem is, that Eve feels she doesn't see a point working when she doesn't care about the job and wants to do stuff she does care about. The problem is, that doesn't mean she can't do something part time that she does enjoy. Mike's problem is, he feels he has to have Eve wake up that she needs to get a real job and not be a "slug" who gets by like everyone else. Problem is, he gave Kris a job and her success is based on Mike helping her. Mandy has space, and money and time in the house and does a business. Hence, Mike doesn't have a big problem because she is earning money and making a career about it. However, at the same time, she's 18, why Mike has to feel that Eve needs to get it together now doesn't make sense. Or he could simply go: "You didn't get into Westpoint, but doesn't mean you have to have it dictate your life." Of course, the way it's written: Mike is just being an asshole and Eve doesn't want to admit: "Yes, you are right, my life isn't over, so I need to get over it." 

Okay...a couple of things.

Did she really get married in the store?  That's ridiculous!  Why don't they all move in there instead of living in houses.

Mandy was very annoying and bitchy.  I don't like the way she treats Kyle.  I love Kyle.

Where was Kristin during the wedding?  She was in this episode at the beginning and no where to be found during the ceremony.

2 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Okay...a couple of things.

Did she really get married in the store?  That's ridiculous!  Why don't they all move in there instead of living in houses.

Mandy was very annoying and bitchy.  I don't like the way she treats Kyle.  I love Kyle.

Where was Kristin during the wedding?  She was in this episode at the beginning and no where to be found during the ceremony.

They showed Mandy handing Kristin her bouquet at the ceremony- she was wearing black. Where was Chuck's wife?

8 hours ago, Pdxblonde said:

They showed Mandy handing Kristin her bouquet at the ceremony- she was wearing black. Where was Chuck's wife?

I've been wondering that for several episodes now. They keep referring to her and Chuck has been the "messenger" for her since the show began. I wonder if she is doing another project or movie similar to what Ryan did most of last season towards the end or Eve when the season started. Otherwise, I'm wondering if she was fired. 

11 hours ago, Pdxblonde said:

Where was Chuck's wife?

They're separated / going through divorce.  In real life, she probably would have been at the wedding, but it doesn't make sense to pay the actress just to show up.

Now, does Ryan have no friends or relatives?

4 hours ago, LekoBoy said:

They're separated / going through divorce.  In real life, she probably would have been at the wedding, but it doesn't make sense to pay the actress just to show up.

Now, does Ryan have no friends or relatives?

Apparently Ryan doesn't. They introduced his father, completely retconned everything for him to die over the summer. We have never met his mom, who is alive, separated from his dad before his death and apparently wants Boyd around, but doesn't want to come to Colorado. Of course, if you were dumbass like Ryan, would you want to be his friend?

22 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Ha! Watch it again. Her face was literally in the background for every close up shot of Mandy. I found it a little amusing.

4 hours ago, StephenT said:

Does it bother anyone else that, unless I missed an episode, they never resolved Mandy cheating on Kyle by kissing that other dude in the car? At the wedding, I couldn't stop thinking about that loose end. 

There are a lot of loose ends and characters that have just been ignored. How about Carol and Chuck's son who was attracted to Eve? Remember Ed was going to marry Courtney, when has that ever been brought up again? Why have Ryan and Kristin not tried to have another kid again now that they are older and have money? Mike's dad's pot shop has been ignored for over a year. Hey remember, Vanessa had sisters, including one that was close to Mandy and Mandy even volunteered to carry a baby for her? What about Mike's awesome tank and car? Where are those?

Why am I disappointed in Eve?  I have to say I was shocked when that guy showed up. 

Also, I'm actually liking Ryan this season.  ::head hanging in shame:::   I love the way he talked to Eve. 

I think Mike's head would explode if he knew Eve slept with somebody

I think the problem is, Eve is really had her life go down over one thing not happening for her. Now, let's face it, we've all had dreams and when the bubble pops, we crash and burn. However, Eve has been: "Oh everything sucks since I didn't get into Westpoint." Instead of: "Well, I can still enlist, I could still fight for my country." "I could at least try community college." Instead she is just wondering and then Mike acts like it's the worst thing ever. I mean his thoughts on volunteering was way off base and at this point, I wish Vanessa would just take Eve and say: "Let's try to figure things out together." Since she is just sitting around since losing her teaching job and the fact she let Ryan convince her to quit her last job. Of course, have we seen Vanessa tearing into Ryan on that and him saying: "I'm sorry."? No.

I'm confused by Eve's storyline. I thought her dream was to be a soldier, I think sniper specifically but I could be wrong on that. Sure, West Point was one way to achieve that dream, but was it the only way? It's not like Eve to just give up, at least I never thought so. Eve was always my favorite of the daughters because I thought she was very focused and willing to put in the work to achieve her goals. Now, with one setback she's willing to give up her entire life, not just her dream. Is she having an early onset midlife crisis?

I feel like they realized sending her to West Point meant losing the character from the show so they took that away but didn't know what to do with her. Can't send her away to another school because, same problem, she's off the show, so they just have her...there.

I did like her talk with Ryan though. First her realizing how her actions could affect Boyd, and then Ryan's being very paternal and his disgust at sounding like Mike. Really that was probably the only part of the ep I liked.

• Love 1

Another problem is, they are trying to have this guy as someone she has been seeing on the side. Not some guy she knew for a while and has been hooking up because he was in town. It seems when it comes to Eve, they want her having these "best friends" or guys that she has apparently been hanging out regularly, but we see them in ONE EPISODE! It also causes a problem because Eve knew that Boyd wouldn't be around and Ryan and Kristin were out. But either way. Eve has become really aimless since the season began (she wasn't in the first episode due to filming a movie). However, the writers are doing the same they have been doing with Vanessa and Ryan the last few years. The writers either just drop stories or if they don't know where to go with them, they just drop it. Like with Vanessa now unemployed and Ryan still just wondering, and making half ass ideas, decisions or statements when he HASN'T done any of it! What could they do with Vanessa? Have her become a college professor or have her get a new energy job that doesn't make Ryan have to shout some general BS because he doesn't do his research. Or have Ryan where he get's a job or decides to finish up his degree in something, instead of letting Kristin just do things. Here is another thing, they want the timeline to be November and yet Jay Leno's character doesn't have a coat on? Even though these episodes were filmed a while ago, does the producers or costume department not go: "Oh wait it usually is cold in Colorado in late October or early November. In fact, they just had a lot of snow and cold weather. Not major snow fall, but it was still cold. I mean, this is like the family of 5 having just one large pizza instead of two or three because the prop department doesn't go: "Oh wait, they will most likely eat more than one slice each." Duh!

To make my point again, they have stopped trying to have things make sense. 

8 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Isn't Eve's bedroom basically a cot in the basement/laundry room? I mean on one hand I know teen guys aren't generally going to be too picky in that kind of situation, but on the other hand what the hell?

Yeah, I remember reading on the IMDB about how Mike would react to Eve having sex at all and I was in agreement: "19 year old girls have sex?" "Shock I tell you, shock." The problem was, we once again had some long term person that Eve has known or been dating and we didn't see them until this episode. I get that casting characters regularly has been a problem with LMS. However, the scene was played like: "Eve is no bringing guys home to have sex because her life was over not getting into West Point." Instead it's: "They were seeing each other for a while, and when I guy and girl want to have sex, they will do it." Umm... came off really, really weird, not to mention, who was this guy who has never been mentioned in the last couple of episodes? Just like why Kyle and Mandy were missing wedding bands during Thanksgiving or how Vanessa is stupid enough to pick up a ceramic turkey with oven mitts on? Oh wait, remember Vanessa had a PhD, but no intelligence and the prop department didn't go: "opps, our bad." 

Nice continuity in this episode. I do agree, it has gotten to the point where if you aren't PC to the highest level, you are screwed. What doesn't teach any of these people is no matter what. There is going to be something to offend people, and they will take something the wrong way. Hell, my own father-in-law was offended I picked up the phone for him because he was giving my his grandson a piggy back ride. But how dare I make his life easier since I was right next to the phone and picked it up for him. He also got yelled at later by both my wife and my mother-in-law for being so stupid about the situation. We try to be good people and no matter what, someone is going to take something the wrong way. It's like someone who decides to sell some stuff off on EBay because it's laying around the house and share the auction on their facebook. Then some relative thinks that shows you have financial problems and you can't talk about that. 

Sadly we have become a very PC society and it has gotten very ridiculous. 

• Love 2

No problem. I was just bring up a point of how things have happened and how the show reflected that without going political. I will say something, seriously who is the hair dresser for this show? Where did they think that Amanda Fuller having shaved hair under long hair was attractive? Not to mention, in character for Kristin? That's a personal thought, but this type of Mike is fine when he raises points but doesn't go: "It's the democrats fault" they had him spilling out just so he and Ryan can have an argument. However, Ryan makes his own laundry detergent that is made from vinegar. I'm sorry, doesn't he know that works better for dishes than clothes? 

They really don't know what to do with Vanessa do they? Or they have to make it like someone like her couldn't find a good job again. I'm sorry, I know this is TV, but there is no way Vanessa couldn't get a job as a professor because she is "too old". That is age discrimination. She is in her early 50s. Not late 60s and looking something to do with her time. Things are worst, because the girls are all gone now. Just like how Kirstin talks about not needing to support a man in her life. That's all she is doing, Ryan is homeschool Boyd, but can't work on the side? She is making all the money for everyone and if Ryan's dad had so much money. Wouldn't Rya have gotten some type of inheritance? Or is her mother "we never see" take all the money in the divorce? Also, why do these people not have friends of their own? Oh wait, they do, they just appear when the plot needs it. There is talk this might be the last season as the cut in costs such as Carol (Chuck's wife) and less Boyd, no Bud and special appearances by Jay Leno. So, they have to have an excuse to just mention but never show anyone. 

Also, as an educator, I called the final tutoring scene BS. You can't just hand worksheets out to students and not show them anything. Common Core and the way districts try to make cuts, you better just be "teaching" or you are out of a job. 

I don't know what's worse, no plot (Eve) or being a buffoon (Vanessa).  I don't mind cost cutting in general, and lord knows I won't miss Bud or Boyd, but they need to write better for who they have.  I didn't hate it, but it wasn't good either.

That's exactly it and yes, Eve had no plot at all. I think the actress was kind of like: "Least, I'm getting paid, but why am I here?" Also, the entire: "Mention twitter" reference was way too odd. Now, if Mandy would have said: "Just say you use Snapchat for education or Blab" at least that would have been up to date. However, even the Dean was way, way to young to be interviewing. He looked like he just go this master's degree. Also, I don't care how they try to wear it, Amanda Fuller's shave hair with long hair looks just so awful on her. What would possess her to get that kind of hair? Not to mention, why would the producers even let her get it?

• Love 1

I was changing the channels the other day and came across a first season rerun.  I am sorry to bring it up again but the first Kristin fit in so much better than the one now ever will.  She even looks like Mandy.  Plus the episode was where she got caught with Kyle sleeping over or something like that.  Kyle tells Mike he's in love with her.

• Love 2

Vanessa wouldn't be able to get a job as a professor because those jobs no longer exist :)  And there's no way the family would move to whichever university might actually have a tenure-tract line available.  (Bitter PhD candidate here - not that I wanted to go into academia, but I feel for my friends who want to become professors.)

Vanessa's doctorate could negatively impact her likeliness to get hired for public schools due to base salary being higher for her educational level, but I would expect it to be a positive in a private school.  Being able to market that your science teacher has a doctorate, experience in industry, and a teaching credential?  Sounds like a great selling point to me!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pallida said:

Vanessa wouldn't be able to get a job as a professor because those jobs no longer exist :)  And there's no way the family would move to whichever university might actually have a tenure-tract line available.  (Bitter PhD candidate here - not that I wanted to go into academia, but I feel for my friends who want to become professors.)

Vanessa's doctorate could negatively impact her likeliness to get hired for public schools due to base salary being higher for her educational level, but I would expect it to be a positive in a private school.  Being able to market that your science teacher has a doctorate, experience in industry, and a teaching credential?  Sounds like a great selling point to me!

Exactly! Even more, a Community College would also snatch up someone with Vanessa's credits, but the show wants us to believe that she barely knows how to tell up from down. Like I said, if they wouldn't have been so into Vanessa has to quit her job because Ryan had Boyd convinced that grandma's job was evil and destroying the planet. She would have been fine. She could have also taken a different job with energy companies, because trust me, there are a lot of research and development jobs in Colorado that pay pretty good. The entire: "She was the last teacher hired, so they had to cut her to make room for pay raises" was complete crap. Like I said, the school wouldn't just be: "Let Vanessa do her job and we'll still pay her for it. She would have gotten the notice right away from the school board or from the admin side of the school. This wasn't like she was working some fast food or coffee shop job. When teachers or admin are out, they are out. They get a small grace period to clean everything up, but they made it like until Carol (who can't be shown anymore) dropped the news to her, she could still be working at the school. That makes as much sense as where Ryan got his credits to homeschool Boyd. You can't just say: "I'm homeschooling my kid." You have to be recognized with the state and be assessed that he is receiving fair education than he would if he was in private or public school. Yet, this is sitcom land, logic doesn't need to apply. 

• Love 1
On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎10 at 1:59 PM, readster said:

Oh wait, they do, they just appear when the plot needs it. There is talk this might be the last season as the cut in costs such as Carol (Chuck's wife) and less Boyd, no Bud and special appearances by Jay Leno. So, they have to have an excuse to just mention but never show anyone. 

I imagine Leno will show up for whatever amount of money they offer which is probably why he is on the show so much. The man is known as someone who just loves working. If he can hang out with his friend Tim Allen that is probably a bonus. Plus it is not like he needs the money, the guy never spent a dime of his Tonight Show earnings, saving all of it.

• Love 1

Who wrote this episode because they didn't know the characters at all. It has been long established that Eve is the favorite, yet it's Mandy now? Who is at least trying to finish school, running her own business and Kyle and her are saving for their own place so they don't have 4 roommates. Plus, Kristin acting like she didn't get her job because of her dad and Eve wants nothing to do with the military in any shape or form now, because "she didn't get into Westpoint." Kyle and Ed's B-plot made even little sense. Especially, so Ed who has dozens of employees and people coming to see him for sign offs and contracts strips naked and oh... he doesn't wear underwear. Because basketball, right? Then have Kristin and Mandy both give up money for Eve. Hey guess what Eve, go back and get a job again and buy it. You were working part time, but wanted to stop working all together so you could just do Habitat For Humanity. Because "I believe in that more." Up until last year, we never knew Eve even played any type of musical instrainstrument. They pounded it into everyone's head that she was a tomboy, who loved sports, wanted to be a boy and hated anything girlish. Now, she wants to have a musical career, likes actually dating and having sex, wants to live on her own, but Kristin is now doing everything for her. Ryan is giving her half ass advice, which he never did himself. 

Seriously, I think it's time the show ended because no one is in character or makes sense anymore. They seemed to be ashamed of their upper middle class lives. Kristin got pregnant and lived at home for several years. Let a diner manager walk all over her until a former friend gave her a manager job because he knew she was good and actually wanted her to get her life together. Mandy was flakey, but had a drive for fashion and good at customer service. Now, she barely knows how to add 2 and 2 together. Eve is so: "Fuck my life, but give me everything." Vanessa is a dear in the headlights and Mike is just angry at everything. Who are these people?

Edited by readster
spelling counts.
  • Love 3

I just don't understand why Kristin made it seem like the break up between her and Kyle was not mutual! This bothers me so much because she makes Kyle seem pathetic, even though, in the episode in which they broke up, Kyle is the first one to even say anything about breaking up! I cannot stand this new Kristin and the way they are portraying her break up with Kyle. 

• Love 2

I guess everyone on the show agreed that Amanda Fuller's shaved hair was not looking good. She was in a wig this episode and apparently next episode as her hair had magically grown back after the last few episodes. Eve freezing in the cold for money, ok, that was too much. Eve has lost major brain cells now. That was too much and of course she was horrible in the episode, when she was actually singing a good song there, but hey, she had to be bad, even she knew it. Well, if you know you are so bad Eve, then maybe it's time to end the "gap year" and go back to school. Everything with Mike and Vanessa and Kyle and Mandy was too over the top. Mike and Vanessa have not been shown affectionate or anything for years. Then magically everyone brings it up and then they act like horny teens again? Umm... wow, out of ideas here show. So, Kyle and Mandy never had a honeymoon or were going to have one later on like a lot of couples do these days. Sure, yeah sure they didn't. Wow, what happened to this show?

So i am confused, is Eve a talented, undiscovered singer who is good? Or is she a terrible singer that people don't really like? Because if it is the second, which it seemed from her playing at the restaurant, why is she spending a ton of money on recoding equipment?

17 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So i am confused, is Eve a talented, undiscovered singer who is good? Or is she a terrible singer that people don't really like? Because if it is the second, which it seemed from her playing at the restaurant, why is she spending a ton of money on recoding equipment?

That's exactly it! She knows she is bad, even plays a bad harmonica and yet she wanted $1k for recording equipment? Once again, like the last three seasons. The writers painted themselves in a corner. They don't know how to logically end Eve's "gap year" since she decided to ditch college or the military all together because: "She didn't get into Westpoint!" "Life is over!" "I'm a failure!" Now, they don't know what to do with Eve's character and they don't want her to actually find success. So, she must now magically be bad and even she knows it. Just like all of a sudden Mike and Vanessa can't keep their hands off each other because Kyle and Mandy say they can't and they are trying to be like them. In what episode? In what year? On what planet was that ever a thing? Once again, plot drives character, not the other way around and it goes against everything they have done the entire season. Seriously? Time for the show to end. 

When they first decided to go with Eve as a musician, didn't they have her play at some kind of open mic night and have the crowd like her and the owner say she was talented? Because talented singer trying to make it in the music business is a way different storyline than crappy singer than no one likes tries to annoy people.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

When they first decided to go with Eve as a musician, didn't they have her play at some kind of open mic night and have the crowd like her and the owner say she was talented? Because talented singer trying to make it in the music business is a way different storyline than crappy singer than no one likes tries to annoy people.

That's what I mean. Eve also did some good music singing by herself and had some pretty good talent playing. Now, she is a "hack" who is delusional? Yet, Kristin has been trying to spare her feelings? Neither Mike or Vanessa said that Eve was horrible or even lacking with talent. They both felt she wasn't going to get anywhere and she was taking things way, way too seriously thinking her life was over. Hell, even Ryan in his own ass backwards talk, pretty much told Eve she wasn't heading down a good path, but she would figure it out. Mandy just didn't care. I feel like now they are just going to try to put this all on: "Eve was just being depressed" and sweep everything under the rug. Like they have done with all the characters the last few years after they did large stories. I mean, pretty much Vanessa being out of work, talked into stupid things by tunnel vision views from her daughter's "friends" and her son-in-law is just now: She's a private tutor at Outdoor Man for students. Best of both worlds. Kyle never asked for promotions, no problem, Ed and Mike will just give him a pay raise, when they SHOULD HAVE OFFERED IT TO HIM YEARS AGO! Boyd didn't get vaccinations or calls his teacher stupid, no problem, home school and then Ryan and him can't be shown much since no one likes the characters. Kristin wanted to be a doctor? Remember? Nah, she thinks vaccinations bring autism and now she is managing a restaurant that her dad gave her and being a chain manager for other locations. Doctor? It's season 6, we don't care about that story anymore. 

Back to topic, I'm sure Eve will suddenly want to go to college and be a music teacher to keep others from being like her. Then Mike will smile and know he is THE LAST MAN STANDING.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2017 at 7:53 AM, readster said:

I guess everyone on the show agreed that Amanda Fuller's shaved hair was not looking good. She was in a wig this episode and apparently next episode as her hair had magically grown back after the last few episodes. Eve freezing in the cold for money, ok, that was too much. Eve has lost major brain cells now. That was too much and of course she was horrible in the episode, when she was actually singing a good song there, but hey, she had to be bad, even she knew it. Well, if you know you are so bad Eve, then maybe it's time to end the "gap year" and go back to school. Everything with Mike and Vanessa and Kyle and Mandy was too over the top. Mike and Vanessa have not been shown affectionate or anything for years. Then magically everyone brings it up and then they act like horny teens again? Umm... wow, out of ideas here show. So, Kyle and Mandy never had a honeymoon or were going to have one later on like a lot of couples do these days. Sure, yeah sure they didn't. Wow, what happened to this show?

And the viewers. That haircut was horrible!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Skyfall said:

And the viewers. That haircut was horrible!

Well, everyone said that right away and i think after that the producers also saw it was too much. I also like to know where Fuller thought it was an attractive hair style. I know many women and family members who do it, but they don't pull their hair the way they did her's and with her face, it doesn't look good on her. Of course, her outfits aren't the best either, but I blame that on wardrobe. They make Mandy and Eve look like regular women their age, same with Vanessa, but with Kristin, I feel like they just grab a pile of clothes from the closet and then put them on her. 

• Love 1
On 1/21/2017 at 4:53 AM, readster said:

I did have to laugh at Kyle and Mandy doing the 'turtle' smooching. I don't know what, but that cracked me up, I must have watched that 10 times.

• Love 1

This episode was actually pretty good. Something that is a lost art as they say is: "Men not knowing how to take care of the house." Sad to say, while a life troupe, it used to be that when something broke, a guy or a woman could fix it no problem. However, as many of us know the act of a person fixing something themselves has started to become a lost art. The problem is, Ryan is once again shown to be more like Sara Lee than having the ability to use a screwdriver or pair of pliers. I have no problems with the message that men can cook (it's even a fundraising event) or even Kyle learning how cook (which has been shown many times). However, saying that it isn't "man enough" was too much. The problem is, they want to depict that Ryan is so "girlish and hippyish" and then have him complain when he can't do something, which Mike even offers to help him. He has to turn it into a problem. Not to mention, Mike has to go into asshole mode when this happens. They have turned it where Mike has problems with both his son-in-law's but he is always talking about how much of a complaining girl that Ryan is and that Kyle needs to find out where his brain has been all these years. His idea of pitting them against each other was a little too much and how Vanessa just stands there and let's Mike do it is too much.

As for Eve's plot, was very real and so in character for Eve, but of course if this wasn't her boyfriend's "second" appearance I could have believed him saying he loved Eve and her not knowing how to react. However, when Kristin brought up Ryan's reaction I was: "No, you said you were pregnant and he left the country." I'm sorry, but if one of my old girlfriends who I said I loved them left the country, I think when they got back there would have been a note saying: "Been fun, bye." Not: "You are back, let's have sex, oppps baby." However, something that really gets me is the entire homeschooling of Boyd, they never, ever show him anymore and they mentioned a couple of episodes ago he was at a retreat with Ryan. However, it isn't like Ryan isn't getting some money for homeschooling Ryan, he still has to teach him, he is certified to teach his son K-8 education. So, it isn't like he isn't making money, just not enough and since it was pretty much Mike's idea to either put Boyd is private school or homeschool him, now he is going to complain about it? I know LMS cut on budget this year and that's why we haven't seen Chuck's wife at all, just mentioned, same with Mike's dad and brother and why Eve's boyfriend has been talked about but only shown twice and the actor who plays Ryan has been working on projects on the side for pay, he isn't in many episodes. Plus the fact that the audience hates the character and Boyd.  Too bad they can't just move the two of them and Kristin off to Outdoor Man in Texas and we be rid of them. Of course then they have think of someone else besides Chuck for Mike to fight with and we don't want need a replacement for these characters, just better writers. 

• Love 1

This was probably the best episode of the season. Eve decided to finally move on that she didn't get into Westpoint, but she can still do what she wanted to do years. The problem was, Eve's music situation was wrapped up way too fast with: "She is bad, even she knows it." "Ok, I guess I will finally stop moping around for the last year and get my ass to college/military." Been a problem for the LMS writers for a while, they just can't get it a satisfying conclusion. Just Ed says: "She's horrible. Kick her out." Then Eve going: "Yep, you are right, I do suck even though an episode ago I wanted $1K in audio because previous episodes I was AWESOME!" Everything with Vanessa's fears and everything, so very on point, but Kristin... oh why? Amanda Fuller is just bad, her timing, her delivery, I can't find her funny, just painful. Who ever thought she was great for the show 4 years ago I hope was fired? After Grey's , CSI and a few other shows, she did dramas, DRAMAS! Some actors can transition great between genres and some just can't. When LMS does end, I hope Fuller goes nowhere near a sitcom again.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, readster said:

The problem was, Eve's music situation was wrapped up way too fast with: "She is bad, even she knows it."

I finally got around to watching the ep where she sings for the first time at the open mic night and she was great. So I don't get how she became bad. Admittedly I haven't watched much of this season, mainly because I hate what they did to Eve who was my favorite. So I'm very glad she finally got her shit together and realized West Point isn't the only place to get military training. I found the scene with her and Vanessa in the basement was great, and needed to be said. I like that Eve acknowledges how priveledged she is. She really is a great kid.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Beezella said:

I thought Eve's voice sounded lovely. I would say the restaurant at the shop is the wrong venue, and her style isn't very current. Also a bad idea, a street singer in WINTER in Colorado.

As I said, that's where the writing went too far. Can I get Ed not liking Eve's style? Sure, this is a guy who can't tell Kyle: "It's my ex's dog who hated me since day one and I hated him. Just go put him down because he's dying and I'm ready to be free of it." But oh no, he had to make it like it was a big deal instead of opening his mouth. Here with Eve, it was magically she realized she as horrible and listen, she plays the harmonica really bad, so Ed and everyone else is right. Similar to how Kristin tried stepping in when Eve wanted to finally go to school and the air force and she was all: "oh no, you don't need to go to college." "Just be like me and have mom and dad give you everything and then act like the moron who knocked you up that you married who couldn't find a job if his dad before he died left him his business." Speaking of which, that is another big plot hole, if Ryan's father was some big corporate guy, wouldn't he have gotten a share from his death? Being the only child and the fact his parents were still married at the time of his death? Because then at least you could see why he only just home school Boyd, because he got say a $35K payout. But oh no, remember, Ryan = dumb ass liberal who can run out of his pregnant girlfriend, but knows how to save the planet and can crochet but not fix a device. But hey, he can cook because he's a new age hippy. 

• Love 1

Ooh, actually, Ryan inheriting a bunch of money from his dad and suddenly becoming upper middle class could have been interesting. Here's this lazy, good for nothing hippy who can now provide for his family and is in a higher tax bracket. Does he keep the money and become a hypocrite, still spewing all his hippy shit while living in a nice house with all his bills paid, etc. Or does he try to give away the money pissing off the wife and child he could have used it to support. Mike could have had a field day taunting Ryan about being "rich" now or a "trust fund baby". Not that he'd get THAT much money but I could still see Mike taunting him about it. Or bitching about Ryan not caring for his own family when Ryan decides to do the "hippy" thing and give it all away to charity because it's "tainted" money. But nah, let's just drop the storyline and make Eve a great then crappy singer. Yeah, okay.  

• Love 1
On 2/5/2017 at 3:13 PM, Mabinogia said:

Ooh, actually, Ryan inheriting a bunch of money from his dad and suddenly becoming upper middle class could have been interesting. Here's this lazy, good for nothing hippy who can now provide for his family and is in a higher tax bracket. Does he keep the money and become a hypocrite, still spewing all his hippy shit while living in a nice house with all his bills paid, etc. Or does he try to give away the money pissing off the wife and child he could have used it to support. Mike could have had a field day taunting Ryan about being "rich" now or a "trust fund baby". Not that he'd get THAT much money but I could still see Mike taunting him about it. Or bitching about Ryan not caring for his own family when Ryan decides to do the "hippy" thing and give it all away to charity because it's "tainted" money. But nah, let's just drop the storyline and make Eve a great then crappy singer. Yeah, okay.  

How true. I could so see Ryan doing: "It's evil money." Instead of: "Well, I put some in a trust fund for Boyd for college." "I decided to just pay off our mortgage and give the rest away." That way he finds the good from it and then Mike would be: "Guess he is finally thinking." However, they have no plan to go there and I doubt we will see it before the season ends (April is the target date). Also, it is unknown if LMS gets another season, ratings are a bit down and you can tell the show's creative teams are running out of storylines and relying too much on: "plot drives character not the other way around." 

The secret Anti-government guy was too much. At first, I thought the essay contest was opened to like teens or college students. The storyline went very south. In a way, I thought they were trying to explain that Mike's constant political views had come back to haunt him, but it was just painful. I would have liked Vanessa's storyline a bit more if 1. the girls would have not been calling their mother basically a loser for enjoying books and liking the Free Little Library (which is what it really is called) 2. They haven't spent the last year with having Carol off camera (she was cast in another show) and now she apparently moved to California for a new job and not have Chuck go with her and Chuck not really caring and Vanessa upset because she has no friends. Ok, Vanessa is a loser has been too much the last couple of years. She quits her job because Ryan and Eve's classmates were idiots on how her job worked. Then they have to say that teaching has been her lifelong dream, yet they didn't know how to write that so they had her get "laid off" but they couldn't tell her, because Clare was her friend. Then she can't get a professor or college job because she is "too old" and doesn't use twitter. So, they have her as a tutor for former students who just magically go to Outdoor Man. 

Ummm... too much. Plus, Eve a paint bomb where most likely you would ruin all the other books and the library? Where did you think that would work, or use an alarm when the book was grabbed. Plus, Ryan: "You like neuro science, FRIEND!" When has Ryan ever expressed that he liked that stuff. He get's upset if someone says: "I believe in God."

Edited by readster
wrong name.
2 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Sadly, this show is going down the tubes.  Used to be fun to watch but the writers have ruined what could have been good characters. The story lines go nowhere and ultimately make no sense.  Disappointed.  I'd rather watch the reruns of Season 1 & 2. 

I know I mean all the characters are just aimless now. Eve finally getting a clue and trying for the air force now was probably the best story and acting between her and Vanessa in years. However, to get her there they had to have it where Eve didn't have half a brain and that life was over because she didn't get into Westpoint and Kristin is even stupider than Ryan now. 

• Love 1

Vanessa is rambling fool too much of the time; she had a good career as a geologist. I guess that took brains and therefore Mike felt threatened. So they dumbed her down to where the only job she can handle is the teeny, tiny free lending library in front of her house? 

Kyle used to be a fun character but he's gone from charmingly clueless to alarmingly dimwitted.  Even Mandy might be too intelligent for him.

Exactly, the dumbing down of Vanessa to Kyle to even Kristin has been too much. It's amazing they know how to get dressed in the morning. I'm sorry, I know it's paying her bills, but why hasn't Nancy Travis said: "This is too much, how did this woman ever get through college?

Eve rigs up a dye-pack to explode in the little lending library?  Shouldn't she be banned from entering the military academy? Or at least get a ticket?Who writes this stuff?  

That was right up there with Eve playing on the streets and going from very talented singer to: "I'm so bad, even I know it, time to get over myself" I mean an exploding dye pack? They also acted like they couldn't see the Library from their house, Eve couldn't have set up a spy camera, which we know that Mike has lying around and has used in several episodes?

And at every opportunity, the whole family still makes snide comments about Kristin getting pregnant back when she was in high school? Kristin-who by now must be pushing 30? They haven't all come to terms with that yet?  It's not 1950.  Get past it, please.

Btw, what happened to the kid, anyway.

I agree, even with the recasting, get over it already. Just like how they kept making fun of Vanessa for enjoying books. They act like "books? What are those?" Plus, they have cut down on the budget so much, that the actor playing Boyd isn't used much anymore. James Mastersen is too busy with other projects and his sciencetology stuff, so he isn't on much either. Plus, it has been pretty much stated, they hate Ryan so much, they have cut down on his screen time just as much as Boyd. They don't get rid of Kristin since she part of the 3 sisters, so they have to keep her on. Even when all her stories just make no sense and are horrible. 

• Love 1

I don't know how to feel about this episode. It had some funny moments, but the troupe of: "Kids don't go to church." is just tired. Eve and Mandy are old enough to make their own decisions, but it was only 2 seasons ago, they had no problem going to church and Ryan has constantly been shown to be anti-church since season 2. So, Kristin and Boyd just magically going to church after Ryan apologize for bashing her on his podcast was just out of place. Here is another thing, the podcast was just... odd. As someone who hosted one for almost two years, been a guest star on several and heard some pretty weird ones. How Kristin continues to support Ryan's dumbass things and though process, including buying him his equipment. I can't believe she didn't know what his podcast was about. I mean her response: "I thought it was about superheroes." Ok, it's called Vegans and Villains, so what do you think this about? Most likely how to be vegan and people who don't believe in it. However, this just proved how much of an asshole Ryan is. Let's face it, we all have spouses that have traits or do things that make us want to quietly talk about with our friends or other family members. However, that was too much. If my wife would have said those things I would have taken that mic and equipment and sold it off. Here was another thing. The prop person really doesn't know how to make recording equipment look realistic. He had a sound board with no USB hook up and trying to make it look like a combo of radio and computer. Because that was another thing, where were those headphones plugged into? 

Look Eve can sing again, and is good and so is Mandy. Wasn't she horrible just a few weeks ago? Hey, Boyd exists!