Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: If Heather Finds Out ...

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Lesia said:

I don't know about anyone else, but even when I am home alone, I close the shower door (don't have a curtain) and usually I close the bathroom door too. I like to keep the steam inside.

That scene with Buddy walking in on her- my god, please...

Ugh I somehow missed that scene.    I was mostly watching Below Deck and flipping to Twit during commercials.

• Love 1

Why does Whitney think she has to "watch" Buddy? That's an enabler talking. Buddy should have a sponsor that works the program and anybody fresh in to sobriety knows that. Also, if Buddy is so madly in love why isn't he moving to be with his girlfriend? Oh, yeah, he needs the money he makes from the show. I guess the part time pizza delivery job isn't paying the bills. 

I'm sure the guy in the grocery store was so willing to give Whit his phone #. That would never happen in real life. 

On a positive note, Greensboro looks like a nice place to live. I really like Whitney's house, it's decorated nicely, and is pretty clean from what we can see even thought her cats crawl all over the kitchen counters. A pet peeve of mine. I had a great cat and he was not allowed on the counters. I cant' vouch for what he did when I wasn't home, lol.

I continue to enjoy Todd, his perfect teeth and his shade. 

• Love 20

Whitney and Buddy came to blows when he lived there previously because she didn't think he was paying his fair share.  She wanted him to sign a lease.  If there a lease this time?  Can he afford to stay there?   Did he pay her back previous rent owed?

• Love 8

Puh-freaking-lease.  You know how many happily married parents might have had one previous marriage?  A lot.  My mom was married before and had my oldest sister.  My dad fully adopted her when they got married and went on to have the rest of us.  I had NO idea until I was at least 19 and it was like, oh, okay.  What's for dinner?  I just didn't think anything of it.  I also didn't know my aunts were lesbians but that's a story for another day.  I guess I'm just very accepting :)  Anyhow, get over it Whitney!  I wonder if the histrionics were more about how beautiful Babs looked.  It has to be hard having a mother that was that beautiful when you have body issues (I think we've talked about that a bunch on here).  I loved the red bridesmaids dresses!  So pretty.

• Love 19
52 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why does Whitney think she has to "watch" Buddy? That's an enabler talking. Buddy should have a sponsor that works the program and anybody fresh in to sobriety knows that. Also, if Buddy is so madly in love why isn't he moving to be with his girlfriend? Oh, yeah, he needs the money he makes from the show. I guess the part time pizza delivery job isn't paying the bills. 

I'm sure the guy in the grocery store was so willing to give Whit his phone #. That would never happen in real life. 

On a positive note, Greensboro looks like a nice place to live. I really like Whitney's house, it's decorated nicely, and is pretty clean from what we can see even thought her cats crawl all over the kitchen counters. A pet peeve of mine. I had a great cat and he was not allowed on the counters. I cant' vouch for what he did when I wasn't home, lol.

You’re getting enabling mixed up with hyper-vigilance. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Aarrggghh it's the shower scene from My 600 Lb Life!  Oh the poor cameramen.  I think Heather is looking pretty good, and yeah I  have to admit I was cringing for her in the grocery store. 

Is Whitney really naked?  I am hoping that this was a producer setup and she had a nude bathing suit on.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GrannySmith said:

If she has so many eggs, why can’t she get pregnant and carry a baby herself?

The clinic doctor she saw back in, I believe it was, Season 3 already informed her that she has eggs, they just have nowhere to go unless she loses weight. She has no actual diagnosis or documentation of PCOS; she Doctor Googled herself into having it as a means of justification for staying super morbidly obese.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

How do you keep your cat off the kitchen counter?  I Have tried everything to get my kitty to stay off but nothing works except me getting up off the couch and removing him from the counter.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Why DC?  Why not maybe a town or two away from Greensboro?   Why not move near the new GF, hey Buddy doesn't look like he's got more stuff than a few boxes and a suitcase.  Oh I forget, it's the show.....

I think he had a brother there that offered him a place to live.

Ok. So let’s say Whitney really didn’t know Babs was married before. Why the hell is it any of her business? It’s Glen’s business, of course, but he knew. There is no hint that Glen isn’t Whit’s dad or that Babs’ ex has gone postal and is out to kill Babs “new” family. Whitney just can’t stand the thought that she doesn’t know everything and everything isn’t about her. Does she honestly think her parents don’t know things about each other they haven’t told her?  She’s the child, not a threesome In their marriage. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She’s the child, not a threesome I’m their marriage. 

Indeed.  She certainly does insert herself in there, doesn’t she?  How weird.  If the way she treats Babs isn’t faked for TV I feel very sorry for her.  Both of them, actually.

Similar to what another poster mentioned earlier, if I ever called my Mom a fucking liar, even NOT on national TV, I’d be gumming my food until I got my dentures.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, GrannySmith said:

Squirt  bottle of water. Spray everytime you catch them on the counter. 

Not a good plan.  It just teaches the cat not to do it when you're there, and to distrust you.  Make it the cat's decision, not yours.  There are motion activated compressed air bottles you can set up.  Or maybe figure out why it is happening.  Some cats feel safer on counters because of what is happening at ground level (nippy little dogs or toddlers).  Maybe a cat tower near the counters.

I have long thought, because of the resemblance of Babs to Whitney in those early pictures, except that Babs was always so much more beautiful, that it created dysfunction in Whitney's relationship with BOTH parents.  Probably doesn't help that Babs is so free with fat shaming Whitney (not that I want her to stop! LOL).

• Love 7
16 hours ago, John M said:

"I Never see Ashley anymore." Also "I've spent so time with this baby I am absolutely sure I need a baby!"

Whit, who wants a baby, is concerned that her friend, a working (single?) mother spends too much time with her child?

I'm pretty sure that I read that Ashley is still with her boyfriend/daughter's father, that's he's completely involved and just doesn't want to be on the show.  I don't have a receipt for that, but I hope it's true.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, puppytoes said:

How do you keep your cat off the kitchen counter?  I Have tried everything to get my kitty to stay off but nothing works except me getting up off the couch and removing him from the counter.

I never used a squirt bottle or anything. He just never jumped on anything except the bed. He was an amazing cat who thought he was a dog. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AllyCat said:

Not to mention (and granted, this may not be every state), but when I applied for my marriage license, there was definitely a spot for each of us to indicate which number marriage this was.

I presume they got married in NC, where they currently live...to get a marriage license there, you have to indicate 1) that you have been married before and 2) the date of divorce (or death of spouse). This is on the form to fill out for a marriage license so there’s no way Glenn didn’t know. 

(Source: got married in NC to a divorced man)

• Love 3

I would be upset if my parents hid previous marriages from me. I think you have a right to know the important parts of your family history. If your mother dies and her ex just shows up at the funeral it can be pretty upsetting (happened to a cousin of mine).

I don’t understand why Heather is still so obsessed with Buddy. He is not attractive and has no personality. 

• Love 16

Wow...Babs was truly beautiful. That probably upset Twit more than anything. What a freaking annoying drama queen she is. Take. It. Down. Several. Notches. 

And it can’t be said enough how funny Todd is. I love that he is a truly unfettered barnacle and DGAF. He’s like the Greek chorus amidst the rest of her pathetic, grasping loser posse. If Whitney wasn’t a supremely narcissistic asshole I’d think he was rude as shit. But she is - and I don’t. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Indeed.  She certainly does insert herself in there, doesn’t she?  How weird.  If the way she treats Babs isn’t faked for TV I feel very sorry for her.  Both of them, actually.

Similar to what another poster mentioned earlier, if I ever called my Mom a fucking liar, even NOT on national TV, I’d be gumming my food until I got my dentures.

My mother died 10 years ago and if I said she was a fucking liar she would come back from the dead and I would be gumming my food with you. On the off chance she was told to say that shame on her for not refusing.

• Love 15

Whitney probably pissed more at the fact that her lovely mother was able to snag 2 guys to marry, whereas Whitney can't find a man that would last longer than a 90 day plug in.  And I agree with the poster above how it "slipped out" to Ashley that Buddy kissed her. I really think she does want it to get back to Heather, probably because Whitney is jealous of Heather for having dated Buddy and well quite frankly she is in better shape, but they both have shitty poor me attitudes.  2 hours is way to much, the amount of eye rolling I did caused a massive headache. The only "hit" that TLC really has is the 90 Day Fiance shit shows.  Oh, and I love Todd giving her "tude" in the dance class... 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, GrannySmith said:

Squirt  bottle of water. Spray everytime you catch them on the counter. 

I did try that and it worked for a while but he is a stubborn little brat and will jump back up after I spray him.  I will continue to try.  Thanks.

42 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

My mother died 10 years ago and if I said she was a fucking liar she would come back from the dead and I would be gumming my food with you. On the off chance she was told to say that shame on her for not refusing.

I remember about 55 years ago telling my mother she was stupid.  First and last time; and the memory of my mother's small hard hand slapping my face has stuck with me all these years.  I remember my mother only hitting me twice, the other being the time she greeted me as I was climbing back in my bedroom window after a teenage "adventure."

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Whitney probably pissed more at the fact that her lovely mother was able to snag 2 guys to marry, whereas Whitney can't find a man that would last longer than a 90 day plug in.  

Being recently engaged myself several people I know that don't have good dating histories have reacted rather bitterly to the news like it has anything to do with them so I can totally see that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t understand why Heather is still so obsessed with Buddy. He is not attractive and has no personality. 

Some guesses: 

He was attractive to her and she liked his personality (maybe because my people are Southern but I see why she’d like his personality).

As a divorced woman with young kids she’s finding few men who’d be interested so The One Who Got Away takes on more importance. 

Her man hunting skills are weak (see cringe-worthy grocery store scene) and she’d prefer a known quantity (Buddy) over a crapshoot. 

All that said, I don’t get why she doesn’t just put her kids first until they’re 18. I’d have thought she would want to avoid subjecting them to more drama. 

Edited by AUJulia
Typo
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Brooks said:

Whitney and Buddy came to blows when he lived there previously because she didn't think he was paying his fair share.  She wanted him to sign a lease.  If there a lease this time?  Can he afford to stay there?   Did he pay her back previous rent owed?

As of right now for the time period we are seeing, Buddy is just visiting and staying there; he isn't living there, so he wouldn't be paying rent.  All those are def valid questions for when he does move back, as it appears he will.

6 hours ago, Lesia said:

I don't know about anyone else, but even when I am home alone, I close the shower door (don't have a curtain) and usually I close the bathroom door too. I like to keep the steam inside.

I like to keep the door open, so the steam doesn't build up...but if I have a shower curtain, I use it, so the water doesn't get all over the bathroom, which is, like, the whole purpose of a shower curtain!  Even at Twit's large girth, the shower curtain could close and still give her plenty of room.  I do not believe for a second that she showers with the curtain wide open.

• Love 15

Babs was gorgeous in her 20s. I also call shenanigans that Whitney didn't know about the marriage. And even if she didn't, what's it got to do with her? It was a short marriage - four years from 1968-1972, a lifetime ago.  I skipped through a lot of this show. None of the storylines is genuine, the best part about it is Todd's passive-aggressive behaviour. Normally I hate that kind of thing but with Whitney as the target, I'll give Todd a pass.

• Love 13

I'm surprised no one has remarked on her hair yet, so I will.  When Twit went to the doctor, and they showed her head from the back, her hair looked so intensely awful.  It looks so completely fried and unhealthy, and is far too long.  

And WTAF, that she has a framed pic of her and Tal from the back, completely nude?

The more Buddy talks about his behavior as an addict, the more I am completely baffled by Heather's rose-colored glasses about her time with him.  She already talked about how his room smelled and he was a slob.  He was likely a dick to her a lot of the time, since he was drunk or high, coming off from being drunk or high, or wanting to get drunk or high.  And she has two kids to consider!  Girl needs serious help, especially since it's now been about a year, and she doesn't seem to have adopted the perspective that she (and her children) dodged a serious bullet (perhaps literally, given where he hung out with sometimes and with whom), and that she should be thankful, not resentful, that it didn't work out...oh, and that she should get her broken picker fixed!!!

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Dear Whitney,

Todd hates you. He's also right about your uninspired, half-assed "dancing."

Love and hugs, Grey

If Todd hates her so much maybe he can find his own class to teach and his own TV show to be on. Sorry I don’t like Todd and no one is forcing him to be on the show.

• Love 2

Looks to me the grocery store was a Whole Paycheck Foods Market.  Honestly, I have probably stepped foot in a WFM maybe 4 times in my life, mainly the cost and second was the easy in out during rush hour traffic. So if Whitney was so concerned about Heather, why on earth didn't she just give the guy Heathers number ? So everything has to go through Whitney ?  At least Heather had makeup on and looked showered and fresh, unlike Whits who looked like she just rolled out of bed ( which she probably did ) day 4 of no shower.  Also, anyone catch the fact that she claimed to have no idea about addiction ? umm... clearly she is addicted to food

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Looks to me the grocery store was a Whole Paycheck Foods Market.  Honestly, I have probably stepped foot in a WFM maybe 4 times in my life, mainly the cost and second was the easy in out during rush hour traffic. So if Whitney was so concerned about Heather, why on earth didn't she just give the guy Heathers number ? So everything has to go through Whitney ?  At least Heather had makeup on and looked showered and fresh, unlike Whits who looked like she just rolled out of bed ( which she probably did ) day 4 of no shower.  Also, anyone catch the fact that she claimed to have no idea about addiction ? umm... clearly she is addicted to food

As a Greensboro resident, I recognized it as Deep Roots, our local co-op.  Much smaller, but definitely as pricey as a WFM.

• Love 4

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the guy in Deep Roots saw the cameras and recognized that trio because everyone in Greensboro must know about this show by now. And the conversation between him and Whitless was obviously heavily edited, likely in order to cut out the part where they discuss him knowing about the show. (But they didn’t get him to sign the waiver so they could show his face, so prob means no date for Heather.)

Edited by AUJulia
  • Love 13

Whit squealing over her Mom previous marriage, and Dad's previous engagement was beyond annoying. She acts all shocked, and personally hurt over something that has nothing to do with her. Yet she's constantly acting inappropriate, and despises being told how to behave properly by her parents. 

Buddy was definitely drunk, or on something when he called Whitney. I don't imagine being on a reality tv show is the best idea for a guy struggling with sobriety. 

Harper is a gorgeous little girl. She seems to be a very easy-going baby. 

Heather's anger towards Buddy may be justified, but he is still part of the friend circle, so he's gonna be a part of their lives. 

I feel bad for poor camera men who are constantly exposed to Whitney's nakedness. Eye bleach needed. 

So she gives ' Grocery Store Will' her number for Heather?  Wouldn't she give him Heather's number?  Doh. She all about herself. Although, I wish I had half her confidence to approach a man and start talking to him at a store. I could never do that even for fun. I'm much too shy. 

Cringeworthy moment. hmmmm...So many to choose from but when she exclaimed to the doctor that it's 'been a while' when he was doing an internal ultrasound. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I'm surprised no one has remarked on her hair yet, so I will.  When Twit went to the doctor, and they showed her head from the back, her hair looked so intensely awful.  It looks so completely fried and unhealthy, and is far too long.  

And WTAF, that she has a framed pic of her and Tal from the back, completely nude?

The more Buddy talks about his behavior as an addict, the more I am completely baffled by Heather's rose-colored glasses about her time with him.  She already talked about how his room smelled and he was a slob.  He was likely a dick to her a lot of the time, since he was drunk or high, coming off from being drunk or high, or wanting to get drunk or high.  And she has two kids to consider!  Girl needs serious help, especially since it's now been about a year, and she doesn't seem to have adopted the perspective that she (and her children) dodged a serious bullet (perhaps literally, given where he hung out with sometimes and with whom), and that she should be thankful, not resentful, that it didn't work out...oh, and that she should get her broken picker fixed!!!

He probably was a dick to her ----literally. A warm piece of flesh inside her lady parts. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I don't think this Buddy storyline is any more real

I agree. If he has a substance abuse problem I still say it isn't cocaine.   He couldn't afford the amount he would need to make it a problem.  

It is probably crack or meth, which would be in his price range. 

Now he says he is delivering pizza's so what makes him attractive to anyone?  

Heather should take a breathe and consider herself lucky.

• Love 9

If they want to keep up this scripted type show, they should focus on one dramatic event and turn it into a half hour sitcom. Like Whitney finds the album, what will happen? Heather is coming over , Can buddy hide? Will anyone show up for the dance class. Last night they covered like 6 storylines back and forth and made  already unrealistic stories less believable. Whitney finds the album, almost hits the producer because she is so upset, yet the next scene is her complaining about the dance class? They can;t even finish the wedding album story and then move on to the only 3 people showing up for the class. 

I was married for a short time after college and it did not work out. I kept the album and a few times over the years when we are moving or searching through boxes, the album comes out. It is the last pictures I have of my dad. He died shortly after my first wedding. My kids never met him and the pictures are some of the best I have of me and my dad, plus there are other family members that have passed on in the pictures. Whitney mentioned that her grandpa or great grandpa was in the pictures who is now passed on. Maybe this is a reason why her mom keeps the pictures. I also call total BS that Whitney did not know or this is a recreation of something that happened years ago. She told the producer the story and they recreated it. 

Is Whitney just basically admitting the show is her job now? No more facade that she is a dance class teacher. I guess the show and all her cruises must pay well enough to live and pay for adoption or IVF. I was very surprised she was so naive about IVF. I had rare uterine problem and at age 13 I had to see a endocrinologist-ob/gyn monthly for a year. After that I could tell all about the shots women take, the costs etc just from sitting int he waiting room listening to the women talk. I guess Whitney did not learn anything from previous doctor visits or  has not watched other reality shows with women getting IVF injections. I loved how she just wanted a easy pill not a shot. Did she ever give a reason she can't carry a baby or try the natural way or with IUI if she has tons of eggs? 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Of course a slovenly, obese, obnoxious stranger is just the exact thing to entice a man to date her friend.

Especially a stranger surrounded by a camera crews, LOL, or maybe the denizens of Greensboro are used to it.

34 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

According to Wikipedia, the eggs requires sperm.  

I haven't found Wikipedia to be an especially accurate source of science issues, but I agree, in this case they nailed it!  LOLOL

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Is Whitney just basically admitting the show is her job now?

Yes, she has responded on multiple occasions to questions on SM about what her job is by saying her job is to make a television show. Then she often goes on to explain how difficult that is, and how hard on her, as if to suggest she works so much harder than the questioner can ever understand. There was one instance where she told someone, on her Facebook page I believe, that she really wished she had a 9-to-5 job, because it would make fitting in her workouts so much easier than dealing with her erratic schedule and travel demands.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I would be upset if my parents hid previous marriages from me. I think you have a right to know the important parts of your family history. If your mother dies and her ex just shows up at the funeral it can be pretty upsetting (happened to a cousin of mine).

I do not get it either.  Buddy turned out to really be a real turn off, imo.  He seems to be too full of himself to use proper language when he talks to people and seems way too amused with his own BS.  Talk about talking in circles.  I'm done and hope he leaves the show.   Heather looks awesome and seems to be rather personable.  I hope she finally gets over him. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

I loved how they zoomed in on the salad Tal and Whit were having for dinner. I know it was greatly commented on here how we never see her eat. Whit are you there? Sorry Hun but if all you ate was salad and fruit you would not be over 300 pounds and yes I have thin friends who share your medical condition.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Listening to Buddy talking about his drug experiences reminds me of listening to recovered addicts on the Psych Unit I worked in. We used to call them their “war stories” because they were as proud of their crazy drug addled escapades as a veteran was of recounting a heroic battle.

He was getting high just talking about it!

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Whitney probably pissed more at the fact that her lovely mother was able to snag 2 guys to marry, whereas Whitney can't find a man that would last longer than a 90 day plug in.  And I agree with the poster above how it "slipped out" to Ashley that Buddy kissed her. I really think she does want it to get back to Heather, probably because Whitney is jealous of Heather for having dated Buddy and well quite frankly she is in better shape, but they both have shitty poor me attitudes.  2 hours is way to much, the amount of eye rolling I did caused a massive headache. The only "hit" that TLC really has is the 90 Day Fiance shit shows.  Oh, and I love Todd giving her "tude" in the dance class... 

You can't beat Todd's "tude"😉...and his little snarky look...love him!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I agree. Whit was way over the top about it, but I would be shocked if I suddenly found out that news. It does seem odd that it would never come up. My parents love telling old stories about themselves, and not hearing that they were once previously married would be strange. My dad was married once before my Mom, but it was never a secret (they didn't have kids so it wouldn't have been unavoidable to talk about). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I loved how they zoomed in on the salad Tal and Whit were having for dinner. I know it was greatly commented on here how we never see her eat. Whit are you there? Sorry Hun but if all you ate was salad and fruit you would not be over 300 pounds and yes I have thin friends who share your medical condition.

I hope not. Her medical condition is narcissism. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22