Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: If Heather Finds Out ...

• Start Topic

Whitney learns a shocking family secret; Whitney gets life-changing information from a fertility doctor; Whitney has to hide Buddy's visit from Heather; Todd agrees to take BGDC on tour; and when Buddy disappears, Whitney and Tal fear the worst.

Airs January 8, 2018.

• Love 1

"I Never see Ashley anymore." Also "I've spent so time with this baby I am absolutely sure I need a baby!"

Whit, who wants a baby, is concerned that her friend, a working (single?) mother spends too much time with her child?

• Love 18

I have a national TV show but I need to get an RV to raise the profile of my fake dance class?

I can't imagine why she never told Whit about her first marriage.

Edited by John M
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

It is pretty funny that Babs was married before, but I'll bet everyone knew and this discovery was all an act.  

I found out in my 30s that my father was my mother's 3rd marriage, I asked her about it and she was basically like, yeah, there was never any reason for it to come up, he was an asshole, it only lasted a few years, I was young and I regret it and we never had kids. Which was a perfectly reasonable answer and it has never come up again.

Edited by John M
  • Love 18
33 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

And why is it now 2 hrs, that's just gonna be too much fabulousness for me I think.  

I know!  I just turned it on and came here to register my complaint 😡

ETA:  I am going to resolve this problem by FFing a lot.  Looks like Hunter is coming for his piece of the pie this season 😄

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9

I'm pretty sure there are addicts in all the major (and minor) cities in America. They don't all leave town. I don't care if Buddy comes back or not, but they need to stop saying that Greensboro is some kind of trigger for him and let him learn to work his program, wherever he is.

• Love 15

Not knowing any of the details obvi, but, All I can keep thinking is how brave of Babs, a very traditionally raised southern lady, to have gotten a divorce. And how open minded of Glen to be a second husband in that age. It seems like an an early feminist victory but of course that point is missed. 

Edited by Uuuugghh
Grammar
  • Love 17

Who goes to the grocery store to try to find a date? It's kind of creepy. And looks incredibly fake. Who wants to have a huge conversation with random strangers while trying to buy food? Who gives their number to some crazy stranger that won't leave them alone? Do they really think people won't see how fake it is? The friend even says how unrealistic it is.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, StitchPunk said:

Who goes to the grocery store to try to find a date? It's kind of creepy. And looks incredibly fake. Who wants to have a huge conversation with random strangers while trying to buy food? Who gives their number to some crazy stranger that won't leave them alone? Do they really think people won't see how fake it is? The friend even says how unrealistic it is.

Years ago I remember a news story about picking up people in the groceries in DC. People work long hours, they often don't get out, and the store seemed like a good place to me. I frequently have conversations with strangers in the store. I'm in a small town in the Midwest. People expect you to be nice. It can be a trial sometimes.

• Love 3

Most people in recovery call their sponsor,not some idiot who is going to use their possible relapse on a fake reality show. He should be ashamed of even allowing any part of his recovery to be part of this shit show.(If indeed he ever really was an addict or is in recovery)

• Love 22

They stretched 30 mins of material into 2 hrs.  I feel sleep.  So Buddy is missing?  Oh really, it will turn out that he was sleeping late at mom's.  Like last week's teaser had us thinking he called her drunk when that wasn't what happened at all.  

• Love 5

This bitch letting the 'kiss' slip into the conversation with Ashley then acting all innocent like it was a slip of the tongue....please.

babs was gorgeous and her first marriage is none of your business Whit. As if she would have the album in her and her new husbands house if he didn't know...idiot. She is so dramatic.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 22

Listening to Buddy talking about his drug experiences reminds me of listening to recovered addicts on the Psych Unit I worked in. We used to call them their “war stories” because they were as proud of their crazy drug addled escapades as a veteran was of recounting a heroic battle.

• Love 23

They're really reaching for material now.   This show does not need to be 2 hours  long.   Babs was gorgeous in her younger days, that must sting a little for Twit. I only saw bits of this one, I kept changing the channel.   And what's with "Uncle Heather"?  I don't understand that.

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

And what's with "Uncle Heather"?  I don't understand that.

All the women on the show do that with each other becuz they are so sassy, adorable & fabulous.

• Love 21
37 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

The visit to the fertility doctor is a good opportunity to remind everyone that Whitney has never actually been diagnosed with PCOS.  

Do we actually know this/how do we know this? I promise I’m not challenging you - I honestly just can’t remember. 🤓 All of her drama and lies are starting to blur together.  I can’t remember where her having PCOS even originated. 

• Love 3

I agree with you all that the scene of Twit finding that wedding album, and then the scene of her & Hunter "confronting" Babs was SOOOOOO fake...just a really, really poorly acted phony scene. However, I have to admit that if I found something like that out about my parents, I'd be very hurt that they never told me. I mean, maybe it would be none of my business, but if I found that out about my mom, I'd feel lied to. I would NOT, however, call my mother a lying bitch from hell (and if I did, she'd have slapped my ass into next week).

So I get that this could be a big deal to someone, but not to Twit & Hunter. They already knew it, give me a freaking break. Hunter calls himself an actor? Please, that acting was so bad. They clearly knew about this long ago, this is just manufactured bullshit because there's nothing to film for this show.

TWO HOURS of this shit. There is NOTHING going on in this woman's life, or any of her friends' lives, they are all just boring as hell. So we get made up TLC storylines like "hey, let's pretend you never knew about your Mom's first marriage!" STUPID. 

And that was the most interesting part of the show! Everything else was even more boring!

• Love 12

Fuck me. Furn and fig and emosh were bad enough but boyf and gurlf? Really? At least Buddy called her out (ish).

A few years ago I offered my friend some strawberries and called them strawbs. He thought that was hilarious, and I am now so ashamed I ever said it.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Fuck me. Furn and fig and emosh were bad enough but boyf and gurlf? Really? At least Buddy called her out (ish).

Tell me about it. Every other word out of her mouth is an abbreviation (apparently she is too lazy to pronounce ENTIRE words) or, a completely mispronounced word that she thinks makes her so cool and adorable. Oops sorry, that should've said "kewl 'n adorbs" in Twitney-speak! 

I noticed in the scene where Heather shows up Tal says "Hello" to her, she says "Hello" back, but when Twit enters the room she has to say "Hell-oy" and Heather says it back that way. It's hello, not hell-oy, dumb ass. There were so many examples of this stupidity I can't remember them all. But it was really telling that before Twit came into the room, Tal and Heather spoke like normal adults.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, LeesburgLee said:

The one that got me was “B” instead of “bye.” Really, is “bye” that complicated a word?

This cracks me up. When my brother and I were around 8 and 6 we started saying ‘b-bye’ instead of just bye. We thought we were so funny. Of course we were in elementary school. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Oh my christ the manufactured drama of finding out that :clutches pearls: Babs was married once before she met her dad! Oh my god! How will we ever survive this news! Please, someone get me a chair, I'm getting the vapors.

"Does dad know?" WELL GEE WHITNEY I DONNO IT'S NOT LIKE THERE'S A BIG GODDAMN FUCKOFF WEDDING ALBUM JUST CHILLING IN THE HOUSE.

Not to mention (and granted, this may not be every state), but when I applied for my marriage license, there was definitely a spot for each of us to indicate which number marriage this was.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

Not knowing any of the details obvi, but, All I can keep thinking is how brave of Babs, a very traditionally raised southern lady, to have gotten a divorce. And how open minded of Glen to be a second husband in that age. It seems like an an early feminist victory but of course that point is missed. 

She got divorced in 1977. Plenty of normal Southern women got divorced even then. And she married Glenn in the early eighties. The South wasn’t a cave. 

• Love 23

I don't know about anyone else, but even when I am home alone, I close the shower door (don't have a curtain) and usually I close the bathroom door too. I like to keep the steam inside.

That scene with Buddy walking in on her- my god, please...

• Love 22

Whitney trying to prove she's a healthy eater now was comical to me.  "Hey, want an orange?", "Grab me an apple". Bitch please, her butt wings are complete and an orange ain't gonna help her at this point.  There was a scene of her sitting in a big leather chair talking to Buddy and her posture reminded of the Buddha squat so many of the 600 pounders have.  It was all belly with two little feet poking out. 

She's officially ready for her crossover with Dr. Now. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 21