Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

14 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm the same, @Callietwo - I have to watch myself when traveling, because I subconsciously imitate accents in very short order.  I don't want to come off like I'm mocking people, or engaging in some odd affectation, so I stop myself.  If I moved somewhere, it would get tiring to guard against, and I'd go ahead and let my accent morph.

On topic, I'd never heard of Alec Baldwin's wife until this, but I have watched that "how do you say in English?" clip about cucumbers three times now. 

With Hilaria Baldwin, the accent seemingly didn't appear until she was in the public eye as the wife of an actor.  People who knew her growing up in Boston say she never had a Spanish accent.  I don't think her pseudo-Spanish accent was a result of being around native Spanish speakers on a fulltime basis.  Exactly the opposite in her case.  A calculated, cynical decision on her part, IMO.

It is kind of shocking that this story hadn't gotten out widely before now.  Her parents had very powerful careers in New England and both sides of the family had deep roots there. There had to have been thousands and thousands of people out there who knew she wasn't a native of Spain. Then, when she claimed her parents, both with professional graduate degrees, couldn't pronounce 'Baldwin' correctly; you'd think someone would've raised a bigger fuss.  I guess, despite her tremendous efforts, she just wasn't as famous as she thought.

I also found it quite disingenuous when, in one of the articles linked above, she claimed that the reason that all of her kids have Spanish first names is not because she is of Spanish descent but that each and every one was named for her very closest friends and influences, doncha know?  So, despite living the vast, vast majority of her life in the US; she apparently had no one here who she felt like honoring in this way.  Once again, she dug her own grave with this false narrative and all the complaining about the media coming to false conclusions just because they published what she told them is just making things worse for her.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I can’t figure out what the big brouhaha is all about. People weren't forced to be in attendance. If they were afraid of getting sick, they could stay home. They were outside exercising their Constitutional rights to convene and pray. If they wanted to wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from others, they could do that too. Why are protest rallies deemed acceptable but praying beneath the nighttime sky taboo? I’m not trying to be a jerk but I’m confused by the rules. 

• Like 6
  • Surprise 2

1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I can’t figure out what the big brouhaha is all about. People weren't forced to be in attendance. If they were afraid of getting sick, they could stay home. They were outside exercising their Constitutional rights to convene and pray. If they wanted to wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from others, they could do that too. Why are protest rallies deemed acceptable but praying beneath the nighttime sky taboo? I’m not trying to be a jerk but I’m confused by the rules. 

Last I heard, California was still under a stay at home order - unless you're at work or shopping for essentials. I don't live in CA, so I could be wrong.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

Just now, catlover79 said:

Last I heard, California was still under a stay at home order - unless you're at work or shopping for essentials. I don't live in CA, so I could be wrong.

The state just recently had to back down on restricting indoor religious services. This was an outdoor religious service. I am still confused about the rules.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dani said:

When super spreader events happen the virus isn’t limited to the people at the events. People who go to events like this and don’t wear a mask are unlikely to be wearing a mask properly in their day to day lives and will spread it to random people they encounter. Even if it is technically legal it is extremely stupid and irresponsible. 

@Dani, you said it a lot better than I was trying to. Thanks. ❤

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, Dani said:

Even if it is technically legal it is extremely stupid and irresponsible. 

The saddest part to me is that, at least here in Canada, when I see these protests a significant number of the people participating are elderly.  So they are already at higher risk of complications if the get Covid but even if they're perfectly willing to risk it, them being older also increases the likelihood that the people they are socializing with on a regular basis are also older.  Honestly I'd be fine (somewhat) if those who don't want to follow the rules and take this seriously could all get together and be maskless and free but the issue for me is that they aren't then going home and staying put.  

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Why are protest rallies deemed acceptable but praying beneath the nighttime sky taboo? I’m not trying to be a jerk but I’m confused by the rules. 

None of the protests are acceptable, regardless of the reason behind them.  It's a pandemic and the priority should be the well being of oneself and others,  but... I do agree there's a lot of disparity in the degree of media and civilian criticism irresponsible mass gatherings are getting, depending on who organized them.  Ex: from photos I've seen only about 40-50 people attended this one, while an estimated 26M people have attended (other) protests.  

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The state just recently had to back down on restricting indoor religious services. This was an outdoor religious service. I am still confused about the rules.

Nothing has changed statewide yet. The Supreme Court ordered the lower courts in California to look at it again. 

None of that changes the statewide mask mandate or the gathering limits which prohibits events like this from happening. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 2

2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

, Kirk Cameron sure doesn't seem to have much problem disregarding safety measures and risking people's health. 

I've barely been aware of him for years now.  I suspect he's using his "oh look at me being a rebel here" attitude to get exactly what he's getting.  Attention.

• Like 19

8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

With Hilaria Baldwin, the accent seemingly didn't appear until she was in the public eye as the wife of an actor.  People who knew her growing up in Boston say she never had a Spanish accent.  I don't think her pseudo-Spanish accent was a result of being around native Spanish speakers on a fulltime basis.  Exactly the opposite in her case.  A calculated, cynical decision on her part, IMO.

OH, I definitely was not defending Hillary Baldwin!  Someone up thread mentioned Madonna and her "English" accent, and my sympathy for her being dragged about it was directed towards her.  

Hillary's situation is just incomprehensible.  I'd love to talk to her momma and find out what they all thought.  I mean, HB is an adult, so not like she could do anything to prevent it and I'm sure they didn't want to hurt their daughter by outting her to the public but family gatherings had to be.... weird.  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Callietwo said:

Hillary's situation is just incomprehensible

Hillary Baldwin trots out the multiple personality disorder (now known as dissociative personality disorder) excuse in 3.....2.....1. She’s tried everything else, so this is the next logical step.

• Like 8

On 1/1/2021 at 8:54 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Hillary Baldwin trots out the multiple personality disorder (now known as dissociative personality disorder) excuse in 3.....2.....1. She’s tried everything else, so this is the next logical step.

There has to be some organic cause for her not only marrying, but spawning four (4) times with Sir Rants-A-Lot.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated · Reason: Added 's' to Rant, after realizing the missed opportunity to play on 'Lancelot'.
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

but spawning four (4) times with Sir Rant-A-Lot.

Last I heard, it's up to five.

• Surprise 1

Mick Foley has covid! Shit, this is terrible news. But if his deathmatch days couldn't kill him, if the Undertaker couldn't kill him, what chance does covid have? It's good to hear that while he let his guard down a little, now he has it back up.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 10

Fantasy writer Harry Turtledove just tweeted that his fellow writer David Weber is in the hospital with covid.  I can't find anything in the news about it, nor on Weber's website.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Fantasy writer Harry Turtledove just tweeted that his fellow writer David Weber is in the hospital with covid.  I can't find anything in the news about it, nor on Weber's website.

I saw that and responded with a very long 4 letter word.   The bad guys are still out there and Honor Harrington has to get them.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There has to be some organic cause for her not only marrying, but spawning four (4) times with Sir Rant-A-Lot.

One would be surprised how often those who intentionally make bad choices do so   to hear themselves complain and/or  have others throw pity parties for and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for the current Mrs. Baldwin . With now five kids, that means she's got a guaranteed captive audience for at least the next eighteen years! 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

My view is Ilaria, the fake, popped out a bunch of kids with AB, because it guarantees her lifestyle forever with child support, and whatever else would happen in a divorce.   They may stay married forever, but if not it's good planning on her part.      

That's the same reasoning that several acquaintances of mine over the years,  marry, and pop out a couple of kids, guaranteeing their income.   It very cold blooded to think that way, but some people do. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

This is just so shocking.  New York One has been my daily source for information ever since Covid broke out in the city.  I always admired them for their professionalism.  It's just so discouraging to know that things were so discriminatory behind the scenes that five "older" (over 40!) female anchors/journalists were basically pushed out.  I'm glad they got a settlement at least.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11

4 hours ago, GaT said:

. How many people have to die just because Kirk Cameron wants to wave his dick around in the name of "religious freedom" & keep his little bit of fame going?

I know that you were being figurative and not literal in describing Mr. Cameron's obnoxiousness (and I give you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't your intention ) but I didn't need to have that image put into my head.  Yuck!

Besides, there are females out there who somehow find the means to be toxicly obnoxious despite not having anything resembling that on their anatomies. 

On a more positive note: In this week's People magazine Richie Sambora sings his daughter Ava's praises for having ground him and inspired him to do better and become sober. Great that both of Miss Sambora's parents have now gone on record about how intelligent and inspirational their daughter has been to them.  However, I find it sad that Miss Sambora had had to some rather heavy lifting for each of them when she herself was coming of age. I truly hope they each appreciate what she has done for each of them! 

• Like 9

On 1/1/2021 at 9:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh my.  I stand, unfortunately, corrected.

Hilaria & Alec Baldwin do have 5 children together (so far). The eldest is a girl, Carmen Gabriela, who’s 7. She’s followed (so far) by 4 boys: Rafael Thomas, age 5;  Leonardo Angel Charles, age 4; Romeo Alejandro David, who will be 3 in May; & the (so far) youngest of the bunch, Eduardo Pau Lucas, who was born this past September.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, Blergh said:

On a more positive note: In this week's People magazine Richie Sambora sings his daughter Ava's praises for having ground him and inspired him to do better and become sober. Great that both of Miss Sambora's parents have now gone on record about how intelligent and inspirational their daughter has been to them.  However, I find it sad that Miss Sambora had had to some rather heavy lifting for each of them when she herself was coming of age. I truly hope they each appreciate what she has done for each of them! 

I've been rooting for Ava since her appearance on Good Luck Charlie. She definitely has her mother's charisma. Hope she hits on that right role.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

And he's 87 years old!

Wow Larry King is only 87. I would have guessed he was in his 90s or possibly pushing 100. Larry King Live went off the air in 2010 and he looked older than that back then.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Rafael Thomas, age 5;  Leonardo Angel Charles, age 4; Romeo Alejandro David, who will be 3 in May; & the (so far) youngest of the bunch, Eduardo Pau Lucas, who was born this past September.

I wonder why they didn't just name the younger boys Donatello and Michelangelo. 😉😜😂

• Laugh 23

18 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Hilaria & Alec Baldwin do have 5 children together (so far). The eldest is a girl, Carmen Gabriela, who’s 7. She’s followed (so far) by 4 boys: Rafael Thomas, age 5;  Leonardo Angel Charles, age 4; Romeo Alejandro David, who will be 3 in May; & the (so far) youngest of the bunch, Eduardo Pau Lucas, who was born this past September.

The oldest kid is 7? I only learned this lady existed a few months ago (maybe when the youngest was born). I thought they'd only recently gotten together.

Although there's no excuse for pretending to be from another country, I do buy her feeling like Spain is home, especially if her parents live there now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I do buy her feeling like Spain is home, especially if her parents live there now.

Her parents have only lived in Spain since 2011.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Her parents have only lived in Spain since 2011.

True, but I gather the family has vacationed there for years and do feel a connection there.  Which is understandable to me.  We lived in England for years and while there is no way I would ever try to pass myself off as British on the strength of that I do feel  "homesick" for England sometimes and would move back in a heartbeat.  None of which excuses her charade in any way at all.

I do have to ask why there is such criticism of her choosing to have a big family?  Most of what I know about this lady is what I've been reading here but wanting a lot of kids isn't in any way (to my mind) the same as lying about your heritage.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 6

Just now, WinnieWinkle said:

I do have to ask why there is such criticism of her choosing to have a big family? 

Global overpopulation and resulting environmental crisis?  They (she didn't have them alone) can have as many kids as they want, but given how many resources each additional person in the U.S. uses, choosing to exceed the replacement rate and then some like that is going to raise some eyebrows.

I had no idea Alec Baldwin had so many kids.  Or that it's been so long since he left that vile message for his oldest daughter.  Where does the time go?

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Just now, Bastet said:

Or that it's been so long since he left that vile message for his oldest daughter. 

That was the start of my Alec Baldwin hate.  

• Like 15

Yeah, I had enjoyed him in a few things and thought he was attractive, but hadn't heard anything about him personally until that message was released, and ever since any time I hear about him, that's what I think of.  I know custody proceedings make for a stressful time, but taking it out that way on your child?!  Did Kim Basinger leak the recording to the media?  Because, if so, that's shitty parenting, too - only the family court judge, not the whole world, needed to hear that.  

I just did a brief search, and apparently Ireland joked about it as an adult (at a roast of her dad) and said they're good, but she has also said, basically, eh, he says stuff like that when he's frustrated.  So it wasn't a one-off, just the one that became public.  That he made it normal to her is so sad.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 5

15 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I just did a brief search, and apparently Ireland joked about it as an adult (at a roast of her dad) and said they're good, but she has also said, basically, eh, he says stuff like that when he's frustrated.  So it wasn't a one-off, just the one that became public.  That he made it normal to her is so sad.

Oh, that's just horrible! I can only hope Ireland somehow wakes up and smells the dysfunction that happened in her life before she  raises any young ones! 

And let's not forget that the whole 'thoughtless pig' recording was ALL over the media and yet the 2nd Mrs. Baldwin not only married him anyway but has had five kids with him  so she can't claim to have been ignorant of his shadowside beforehand. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I do have to ask why there is such criticism of her choosing to have a big family?  Most of what I know about this lady is what I've been reading here but wanting a lot of kids isn't in any way (to my mind) the same as lying about your heritage.

I knew nothing about her before this but I wonder if some view her as one of those influencers who use their kids as props. Babies bring more likes so she keeps having babies to get more attention. 

There was the instance a while back where an influencer used their foreign adoption to make money and than secretly re-homed their child. There have also been cases where influencers accidentally exposed they abuse their pets to get them to perform. I’m not suggesting that applies to her but when people build a lifestyle brand off of their children it makes me a little apprehensive of what’s going on behind the camera. 

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dani said:

I’m not suggesting that applies to her but when people build a lifestyle brand off of their children it makes me a little apprehensive of what’s going on behind the camera. 

Exhibit A: The Duggars!!

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Dani said:

I knew nothing about her before this but I wonder if some view her as one of those influencers who use their kids as props. Babies bring more likes so she keeps having babies to get more attention. 

There was the instance a while back where an influencer used their foreign adoption to make money and than secretly re-homed their child. There have also been cases where influencers accidentally exposed they abuse their pets to get them to perform. I’m not suggesting that applies to her but when people build a lifestyle brand off of their children it makes me a little apprehensive of what’s going on behind the camera. 

Hillary has definitely used her pregnancies and motherhood as part of her 'brand' online.  This whole thing started when she posted a photo of herself wearing a bra and panties and holding her 3 month old infant.  She is tall and thin and her stomach is remarkably flat.  She likes to tell everyone about how being a yoga instructor has aided in achieving her body.  Anyway, Amy Schumer took that photo and posted it online with a caption implying that it was a pic of herself and her child.  She meant it to be funny, not sure she achieved that.  However, Hillary took great offense, claiming that Schumer was 'body shaming' her for her taut abs.  Schumer ended up apologizing for using the picture.  In the aftermath of her fit of righteous indignation, someone pointed out her fake Spanish heritage and the cat was out of the bag.  There had been internet buzz about her Boston roots in the past, but this time it got picked up and the jig was up.

There are many other photos of her and her kids online, including multiple snaps of her breastfeeding them.  She also got a lot of attention a couple of years ago when she had a miscarriage and posted about it.

Hillary also claims that all of her children have Spanish names not because she herself is Spanish but because she named each and every one of them after people in her life that she loved and admired, every single one of whom just happened to reside in Spain.  She's been very cagey about the exact amount of time she spent in Spain as a kid vs the US; but she attended Boston private schools and her classmates don't recall any big gaps in her schooling, so, at best, she went to Spain on school breaks and over the summer and spent the majority of her time in the US.  And yet, there is not a single American person from her childhood that she admires enough to name a kid after.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 12
  • Useful 3

Olivia Wilde is 10 years older than Harry Styles.  She was previously married to Jason Sudeikis, who's 10 years her senior. 

Guess which one will be a big deal. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Olivia Wilde is 10 years older than Harry Styles.  She was previously married to Jason Sudeikis, who's 10 years her senior. 

Guess which one will be a big deal. 

I know on one of the comment threads people were like “she could be his mother” which no. 

• Like 7

A while back, Harry was supposedly dating Tracee Ellis Ross and even wrote the song Watermelon Sugar about her.  At least this is what some of the cool kids on the interwebs were saying.  I think this was one of those born-on-twitter rumors though so who knows.  They both seemed to have fun with it though.

Edited by Cementhead · Reason: clarity.
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

The age thing is irrelevant but I am curious if that was the real reason for the break up... speculation of course, I haven’t seen anything anywhere suggesting this.

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.