Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Jerry Falwell Jr is suing Liberty University for defamation of character. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/us/falwell-liberty-university-lawsuit-defamation/index.html

Doesn't the idiot understand that Liberty would have expelled him several times over for his behaviors if he'd been a student? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

But would Miss Loughlin be up for playing Victim-of-the-Week movies or would Lifetime be interested in casting her? I think if she swallows her pride and goes for 'sneaky grandma' roles, that might work.

If Lori wants to act again, I wouldn't be surprised if Lifetime cast her to capitalize on her notoriety. But they'll cast her as a the "nice on the outside, but secretly plotting" against the hero or heroine. She'll get taken out in the last five minutes. Maybe even the evil mother or grandmother in one of those V.C.Andrews adaptations. 

But her saintly girl next door Hallmark days are over.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AnyTimeFromNow said:

https://people.com/movies/ron-howard-celebrates-50th-anniversary-of-his-first-date-with-wife-cheryl/

Ron Howard and his wife are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I am now officially not just old, but very old.

And this is a slap in the face that Opie/Richie is really all growed up!!!! And close to my parents' ages, who also celebrated their Golden a couple years ago.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's actually the anniversary of their first date (they were 16). They got married in 1975.

Clearly, I need to get my lenses adusted--I totally missed it was the anniversary of their first date!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Even if she has point all she really did was shine a spotlight on the post so that even more people saw it. Clearly these two can’t put their kids above their drama to talk to each other directly but can’t they at least go through a lawyer. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

While I agree that it's not smart for anyone (especially a celeb) to put one's minor kids' pics on social media posts, nowhere in the post Miss Fox took issue with did Mr. Green say' My estranged wife's an absentee mother!' . He  just  said that he hoped others had a Happy Halloween while posing for a pic with their son in costume. IMO, she's trying to overcompensate for some guilt or at least attempting (but failing) to deflect others from wondering why she herself was not there with her minor kids. 

• Like 6

On 10/27/2020 at 3:25 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are engaged.

Thank God. I can sleep well tonight!

Good for them, I guess. They've stayed together this long and they seem happy - dating him and ending up on The Voice sure seemed to revitalize her career - but I can't get past the initial squick of how soon they got together after they divorced their respective spouses.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

While I agree that it's not smart for anyone (especially a celeb) to put one's minor kids' pics on social media posts, nowhere in the post Miss Fox took issue with did Mr. Green say' My estranged wife's an absentee mother!' . He  just  said that he hoped others had a Happy Halloween while posing for a pic with their son in costume. IMO, she's trying to overcompensate for some guilt or at least attempting (but failing) to deflect others from wondering why she herself was not there with her minor kids. 

Yeah, but not that long ago he responded to her schmaltzy caption to a photo with her new dude with copying it under a photo of him with one or more of their sons. So I don't really think her response was invalid. I don't really follow them, but he's seemed more into her than she into him for a loooong time and real clingy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

IMO, she's trying to overcompensate for some guilt or at least attempting (but failing) to deflect others from wondering why she herself was not there with her minor kids. 

Would anyone wonder that if he wasn’t with them on Halloween? The fact this comes up is such a double standard. Only one of them can get the kids for Halloween and it’s not an indicator of being a better parent. 

• Like 15

Didn’t his ex partner Vanessa Marcil slate him for the opposite a year or two ago aka not being in their sons life at all.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Although one may consider Mr. Green's and Miss Fox's previous dustups, I think there would have been few if any folks looking at that particular 'Happy Halloween' post he made that would have made the leap ' If he's sharing a picture of himself  with their son, he MUST be claiming that she's an absentee mother'!  I mean, there's likely millions if not billions of photos of individual parents with their offspring without the co-parents depicted taken in the last 180 years and a large percentage of these photos are of folks still married and/or living with the  co-parents  (many happily so). 

• Like 4

Brian Austin Green's Ex Vanessa Marcil Says 'Truth Always Comes Out' After Megan Fox's Comments to Him

Marcil, 52 — who has previously spoken out in support of Fox amid the star's split from Green — wrote on Instagram Sunday, "#ImWithYouSister," though she didn't mention Fox by name. Marcil, who shares 18-year-old son Kassius Lijah with Green, added: "Like I said... the truth always comes out in the end..."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Although one may consider Mr. Green's and Miss Fox's previous dustups, I think there would have been few if any folks looking at that particular 'Happy Halloween' post he made that would have made the leap ' If he's sharing a picture of himself  with their son, he MUST be claiming that she's an absentee mother'!  I mean, there's likely millions if not billions of photos of individual parents with their offspring without the co-parents depicted taken in the last 180 years and a large percentage of these photos are of folks still married and/or living with the  co-parents  (many happily so). 

You can’t view this instance in isolation because the narrative did already exist around Meghan. A quick look through his Instagram shows that every time he posts pics of the kids people do make comments that she’s neglectful. It is a narrative that he does feed. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Dejana said:

Until the next time...

So she's taken him back twice after he cheated on her?   Does she really think his cheating will end?  I guess at this point she must accept that he will always cheat.  Such a shame given how she successful she is and she doesn't think she deserves better.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

So she's taken him back twice after he cheated on her?   Does she really think his cheating will end?  I guess at this point she must accept that he will always cheat.  Such a shame given how she successful she is and she doesn't think she deserves better.

I guess it's a, "Can't live with him, can't live without him,' sort of situation for Cardi.  

Edited by Dejana

15 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Didn’t his ex partner Vanessa Marcil slate him for the opposite a year or two ago aka not being in their sons life at all.

I took that more as Marcil cosigning tactics BAG uses with regards to his relationship with the mother influencing how he treats/uses the kids rather than the kids well being as the primary concern.  Given that they had an eight year custody battle before he bailed and absented himself, Marcil is likely seeing some similarity in accusations and behavior.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

They had an eight year custody battle? I didn’t realise. I’ve only read snippets here and there but I think she said he didn’t have anytime for their kid when he was playing happy families with Fox. I think she also shaded Fox at the time because she didn’t feel she encouraged Them to have a relationship either (I’m paraphrasing heavily as this was an Instagram rant two years or so ago).

i had such a crush on BAG in his 90210 days - now he just creeps me out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

They had an eight year custody battle? I didn’t realise. I’ve only read snippets here and there but I think she said he didn’t have anytime for their kid when he was playing happy families with Fox. I think she also shaded Fox at the time because she didn’t feel she encouraged Them to have a relationship either (I’m paraphrasing heavily as this was an Instagram rant two years or so ago).

i had such a crush on BAG in his 90210 days - now he just creeps me out.

Marcil claimed she and BAG had 50/50 custody and then he and Fox sued her for full custody and child support and that had gone on for eight years.  When they lost, despite still having 50/50 custody,  BAG just cut his son out of his life with no explanation.  He hadn't met all his half brothers at that point.  She basically revealed all of this years after  it happened.  I do recall her putting some of that blame on Fox too about her not making Green/Marcil's son welcome/part of their family.

But BAG has been tweeting "aren't I a good dad" pictures of Marcil's son too.  So I think she is pissed at him for similar reasons and has a very low opinion of him.  Enough to let whatever feelings she had about Megan Fox go.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Useful 11
  • Surprise 1

20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Depp’s attorneys are shocked...say he should certainly appeal....lol. 

Lol. Of course they’re saying that. happy drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Laugh 13

I'm sort of put off by Marcil sticking her oar in, not because she doesn't have the right, but on behalf of her son, who really doesn't deserve his mom dragging his relationship with his dad through social media.  

• Like 12

8 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm sort of put off by Marcil sticking her oar in, not because she doesn't have the right, but on behalf of her son, who really doesn't deserve his mom dragging his relationship with his dad through social media.  

This will get ugly fast! Just wait for it.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Dejana said:

Until the next time...

These two are toxic as hell. This just gives him free reign to continue to cheat and when she finds out and threatens divorce, all he has to do is buy her a Birkin, grovel at her feet and she'll take him back. She's already proven she gets more mad at the women than at him. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

4 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

This will get ugly fast! Just wait for it.

The thing is that Mr. Green's son by Miss Marcil is now 18- and  can legally live wherever and with whoever wants to  and, at this time, he has opted to live with his father. It may be for no deeper reason besides that Mr. Green has a nice house and a pool. However, Miss Marcil  may want to consider that she could easily wind up getting her own nest soiled  re her relationship with her son via joining this squabble. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

On 10/30/2020 at 5:28 PM, kariyaki said:

I’ll Be Home (from Prison) for Christmas. The script just writes itself!

Apparently, Lori's first night in the pokey didn't go too well...😉

maxresdefault~2.jpg

Edited by catlover79
  • Laugh 15

I've been saying it from the beginning- Lori should go to Lifetime and play a bunch of scheming cougar/evil mother roles. Too bad Lori doesn't seem to have a sense of humor because I'm sure if she did Ryan Murphy would totally cast her in a mocking meta role in something aka to The Politician. As for The Voice, I'm kind of impressed that Blake Shelton didn't go for the cliche of falling for a much younger woman. Way to get with someone from the same generation, Blake! *Side-eyes Zach Braff and Florence Pugh*

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Patrick Duffy has declared that he's in love and dating Linda Purl (who counts Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Alexander Cary, Master of Falkland[and father to her only child] among her four exes). He's been a widower since his wife Carlyn of nearly 43 years  and mother of his two sons died in January, 2017 and said he had thought he'd be a 'happy bachelor/widower' the rest of his life but that he and Miss Purl had gotten together via mutual friends and social media and have fallen in love. Well, good luck to them and, if they DO get married, let's hope the 5th time's the charm for her (as it was for Joyce Bulifant). 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dallas-patrick-duffy-dating-happy-130033440.html

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 11
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Patrick Duffy has declared that he's in love and dating Linda Purl (who counts Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Alexander Cary, Master of Falkland[and father to her only child] among her four exes). He's been a widower since his wife Caroline of nearly 43 years  and mother of his two sons died in January, 2017 and said he had thought he'd be a 'happy bachelor/widower' the rest of his life but that he and Miss Purl had gotten together via mutual friends and social media and have fallen in love. Well, good luck to them and, if they DO get married, let's hope the 5th time's the charm for her (as it was for Joyce Bulifant). 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dallas-patrick-duffy-dating-happy-130033440.html

Congrats!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Patrick Duffy has declared that he's in love and dating Linda Purl (who counts Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Alexander Cary, Master of Falkland[and father to her only child] among her four exes). He's been a widower since his wife Caroline of nearly 43 years  and mother of his two sons died in January, 2017 and said he had thought he'd be a 'happy bachelor/widower' the rest of his life but that he and Miss Purl had gotten together via mutual friends and social media and have fallen in love. Well, good luck to them and, if they DO get married, let's hope the 5th time's the charm for her (as it was for Joyce Bulifant). 

Regarding the bolded: Patrick’s wife’s name was Carlyn (It’s Carlyn in the article you linked & I also know it is because I’ve been a Patrick Duffy fan since The Man From Atlantis). I think that’s her, not Linda Purl, with Patrick in the top pic.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: Forgotten parenthesis; to add a comment.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Regarding the bolded: Patrick’s wife’s name was Carlyn (It’s Carlyn in the article you linked & I also know it is because I’ve been a Patrick Duffy fan since The Man From Atlantis). I think that’s her, not Linda Purl, with Patrick in the top pic.

Both the pictures in the article are of Linda Purl. I have no clue what his wife looked like but I recognize Purl from Matlock. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Sorry about that. IMBD confirms that the late Mrs. Duffy's original name was Carlyn Rosser (and she lived to 77). I'll go back and make the needed change. 

In any case, her widower Patrick and Miss Purl seem happy together so that's the important thing!

• Like 6

Linda Purl lived in the same huge town I did years ago, during one of her marriages.   She raised a lot of money for charities, and people who met her said she was a very nice, and gracious person. 

I wish Ms. Purl, and Patrick Duffy every happiness. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 19

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.