Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This really does make him look bitter and childish.

When someone shows you who they are....

Maya Angelou

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Petty and childish, IMO.  If he's going to use his celebrity to promote political causes, he doesn't get to criticize others who do the same for their causes.  He's probably just upset that no one from the original cast shares his political beliefs.  He also complained that the late Tom Bosley was a Republican and wouldn't have wanted the show linked to Democrats; but, as far as I know. Mr. Bosley, who has been dead for 10 years, never expressed an opinion about Democratic politics in Wisconsin, nor Mr Baio's preferred presidential candidate.  Just because he was a Republican doesn't mean he would be on board with Mr. Baio's politics, either.

This exactly.  Scott Baio is coming across as being butthurt his castmates are part of something that isn't in line with what he believes.  And if I was Tom Bosley's family I would be pissed that he is daring to speak for him.

• Like 16

On 10/20/2020 at 11:59 PM, biakbiak said:

Also, that [Chris Pratt] wants to one day recreate his father in laws trajectory. 

Including running for office? One of the criticisms of Pratt is that he doesn't speak out against problems, and one of the defenses of him that I read is that he's "not political as a rule." So is the rumor about him wanting to follow his father-in-law's trajectory false, or does he feel it's prudent not to espouse his beliefs to coworkers who aren't of like minds? Or something else? (I don't expect the person I'm quoting to know the answer to this question.)

17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

RDJ has struck me as a smug asshole for years so I am not surprised that he's sanctimonious.  He's probably upset that people are so "sensitive" to Pratt's potential homophobia and other potential tweeters disagree with not realizing how sensitive getting up in arms over a silly Twitter poll looks.

These past few years, all his younger costars have been going on and on and on about what a beautiful soul he has, so he probably he thinks he gets to decide who else is a good person.

8 hours ago, Dani said:

Most of the cast and crew? That really doesn’t it make it any better particularly what is now public knowledge about Hollywood. Would anyone who had a issue have felt free to speak up or was it another instance where it gets laughed off because you’re supposed to be a good sport.

Totally agreed, and "most"? "Most" people are okay with it isn't really a good defense in this situation, if you ask me. Sally and Johnny don't want to see you expose yourself in the workplace, and everyone else does, so Sally and Johnny just have to deal with it? Or you knew everyone else would be okay with it, so you assumed Sally and Johnny would be too? You can't assume!

• Like 7

I’m just shocked about all the time wasted in posting about Chris Pratt being the worst when I just want more photos of Chris Pine in Panama hats and sandals living his best life. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 8

28 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I’m just shocked about all the time wasted in posting about Chris Pratt being the worst when I just want more photos of Chris Pine in Panama hats and sandals living his best life. 

The one I saw had him with his big beard totally nullifying his mask's effectiveness. Hello viruses are small enough to get into one's mouth via the  countless cracks caused by a beard! I hope someone has pointed that out to him.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

9 hours ago, cynicat said:

Thanks for that link.  As much as I loathe John Stamos, his twitter post was perfect:

john-stamos-happy-days-twitter.jpg

I don’t hate Scott Baio or anything, but that was perfect.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She looks really good! She and Don Most talked about the show when MeTV brought Happy Days back this summer. She talks about how maternal she felt toward Erin, and about Ron, and the show.

Aw, I can believe that about her being maternal :). I've heard about that on some shows, how the actors playing the parents actually wound up being kinda parental towards their younger co-stars off set, too  I know the Brady kids have talked about how much Robert Reed and Florence Henderson treated them like their own children. I think it'd be hard not to do that, given how many hours you spend together on set and whatnot. It's kinda sweet. 

I'll echo the love for Henry Winkler among everyone as well. He just seems like such a lovely guy. I saw Scream on TV recently and it's such a kick to see him as the school principal in that :p. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Scott Baio wasn't even invited on the recent documentary of the late Garry Marshall. Fortunately, I think that is better. Whenever he was there, I groaned at his presence. Now, it seemed to be a breath of fresh air! 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I mean, sure, but how is this not the best Chris?

31985578-8630915-image-a-3_1597507617107

chris-pine-leopard-print-shirt-birkensto

Well, your Chris' eyes are dreamy! 😍 & his patterned shirt game is nonpareil. But! ☝🏾 this is the Best Chris:

• Like 13

Yeah, like I said, I don't really follow any of the Chrises, but based off what I've heard about Chris Evans and some of the stuff he talks about on Twitter and whatnot, I definitely think I'd like him :). 

(He's a Patriots fan, though, right? I wouldn't care one way or another, 'cause I don't follow football, but my mom wouldn't like that :p.) 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

15 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, like I said, I don't really follow any of the Chrises, but based off what I've heard about Chris Evans and some of the stuff he talks about on Twitter and whatnot, I definitely think I'd like him :). 

(He's a Patriots fan, though, right? I wouldn't care one way or another, 'cause I don't follow football, but my mom wouldn't like that :p.) 

Chris Evans is from Massachusetts so the Patriots fandom makes sense. 

Joining everyone kind of baffled by Chris Pratt Defense Squad, since the Chris Wars have already been hashed and rehashed online so much. Maybe the pandemic is really getting to him?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dani said:

So many people thought Jinger would be the one to end up like this because she rolled her eyes a lot and that Jill seemed to be too obedient to think for herself. It's such a shame she couldn't say that she thought nose piercings were cute out loud before she got married because of all the grief she knew she'd have to endure.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Chris Evans is from Massachusetts so the Patriots fandom makes sense. 

There we go, yeah, thank you. Understandable :). 

25 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Well, sure Chris Evans was chivalrous, but Chris Pine is the George Hamilton of his generation. 

Chris-Pine-Thobe.jpg

He hasn’t even tweeted in five years. He’s just out there, wearing espadrilles and tunic robes. Best Chris.

Okay, I actually like this outfit. I'd wear it. 

Pretty area he seems to be at as well. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Well, sure Chris Evans was chivalrous, but Chris Pine is the George Hamilton of his generation. 

Chris-Pine-Thobe.jpg

He hasn’t even tweeted in five years. He’s just out there, wearing espadrilles and tunic robes. Best Chris.

Y'all are killing me!  Because a) I find this Chris' sartorial efforts to be utterly delightful and b) I was today years old when I learned that there is an actual person named Jinger Duggar in the world.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Chris-Pine-Thobe.jpg

Soo fabulous! I just watched the movie again "Unstoppable" w/ him & Denzel Washington yesterday. He held his own & it wasn't just his dreamy eyes! 😍😍😍

You make a good case, but again:

Chris Evans instinctively did the full on Prince Harry Megan Markle I denounce My Thrown hand over his belly.

880724962.jpg.73364c33622616c6ce189be2ed9c9513.jpg

😍Swoon!!!😍 

He won!

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

26 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Ooh, I like Meghan's coat in that picture. 

?Was that... was that ssshade!? Because of the state of Prince Harry & Megan Markle's marriage? My fault! I shouldn't have inserted it here. I may need to flee to my family's ancestral castle to convalesce.......

😘 🤗 @Annber03

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

?Was that... was that ssshade!? Because of the state of Prince Harry & Megan Markle's marriage? My fault! I shouldn't have inserted it here. I may need to flee to my family's ancestral castle to convalesce.......

😘 🤗 @Annber03

What? I don't get it. 

• Like 7

From WGN-TV Chicago: Elton John Gets His Own Barbie Doll 

From USA TodaySir Elton Poses with His Barbie Doll

No, it’s NOT a “Barbie” doll in Sir Elton’s likeness. It’s a Barbie doll all glammed up in Sir Elton style... the oversized, glittery tinted lens glasses, a bowler hat, satin-style jacket with “Elton” emblazoned across the front, jeans with an E at the bottom of 1 leg & J at the bottom of the other, & rainbow-rimmed, very tall platform shoes. Barbie’s outfit apparently mimics Sir Elton’s sartorial style at the time of his iconic October, 1975 concerts at Dodger Stadium which, at the time, were the 2 largest single-artist concerts ever.

The doll is from the Barbie Signature line (in which, usually, real life icons become Barbie-esque dolls). It’s a limited edition, selling for $50.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a word and an important missing year. And to remove the S from Dodgers. It should be Dodger Stadium.
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I have nothing against her as a person or a skater, but Nancy Kerrigan's SNL appearance stays in my mind as just really really bad.

I have nothing against Miss Kerrigan as a skater but agree that her SNL appearance was really bad (though it was over a decade before her father got murdered by her brother via strangulation and Nancy objected ANY jail time for her sibling but consistently supported her sib despite the evidence- and all her kindnesses towards her mother does NOT erase how she failed her father and his memory). 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mark-kerrigan-found-not-guilty-fathers-death/story?id=13685911

However, even Miss Kerrigan's appearance was better than Louise Lasser's was during the height of her fame starring in Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman in which she alienated the entire cast, crew and ultimately the audience via pushing her. . .unconventional but ultimately  unentertaining  ideas! She was so annoying that she actually made Chevy Chase seem sympathetic during the one skit she did alongside a regular cast member. 

• Like 3

Chris Pratt being a jerk aside, I just read that this whole "worst Chris" thing started because he asked for people to vote for his movie for the People's Choice Awards? Really?  I realize that this is a very contentious, emotionally charged election, but come on.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Chris Pratt being a jerk aside, I just read that this whole "worst Chris" thing started because he asked for people to vote for his movie for the People's Choice Awards? Really?  I realize that this is a very contentious, emotionally charged election, but come on.

He sure doesn't seem to have grown as an adult with even with the recent developments of a new wife or baby! I know the former Miss Schwartzenegger didn't have the best paternal role model possible growing up but one wonders if she's disappointed or not surprised re these most recent developments. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Not really. It started when he didn’t appear in a political fundraiser with many other avengers. That lead to people pointing out that he goes to an anti-LGTB church that sends kids to conversion therapy. There were a few other things that raised questions about his politics. All of that combined with his history to bring about the result of that particular “worst Chris” poll. The worst and best Chris polls have been around for years this one just happened to come when social media opinion was against him. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 8

45 minutes ago, Dani said:

The worst and best Chris polls have been around for years this one just happened to come when social media opinion was against him. 

The funny thing is Pratt NEVER wins in the best Chris polls. Evans, Hemsworth, & Pine all have "won" at various times over the years. But Pratt pretty much always comes in last.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 13

On 10/21/2020 at 12:51 AM, Dani said:

I was disappointed in Ruffalo’s post but RDJ’s was the most shocking to me. It’s so sanctimonious.

And yet, I find myself completely unshocked.

• Like 8

On 10/22/2020 at 9:28 PM, Dani said:

The first article was kind of boring but the second one was basically the reason why I hate those "look at our crazy family" reality shows. The kids made no money while if they had been on a sitcom there would have been laws to make sure they get paid. And when you consider how much scripting goes into those shows it is extra fucked up since it is not really a different situation. Even Gary Coleman in Diff'rent Strokes made off better than that.

Plus it is also crazy that the family only made a maximum of$45,000 per episode. That seems like peanuts, especially for such a long running show. Comparing it to a scripted series, this is a situation where the family is not only providing all the cast, but the shooting location as well (their house). 

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Plus it is also crazy that the family only made a maximum of$45,000 per episode.

I totally get your point, but that buys a lot of skirts and diapers.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The first article was kind of boring but the second one was basically the reason why I hate those "look at our crazy family" reality shows. The kids made no money while if they had been on a sitcom there would have been laws to make sure they get paid. And when you consider how much scripting goes into those shows it is extra fucked up since it is not really a different situation. Even Gary Coleman in Diff'rent Strokes made off better than that.

Plus it is also crazy that the family only made a maximum of$45,000 per episode. That seems like peanuts, especially for such a long running show. Comparing it to a scripted series, this is a situation where the family is not only providing all the cast, but the shooting location as well (their house). 

Of course what's also infuriating is that not only did neither the parents or network compensate them for putting their business out there for the world to see but now it seems that, after she actually stood up for herself re getting some compensation AND for not totally toeing the family party line, her parents apparently cut all of them off (including their grandchildren) . It also sounds as though the senior Duggars will only consider a reconciliation if the Dillards totally kowtow again to them!

My opinion of the evidence of TLC making virtually no effort to protect their minor participants from exploitation (if not outright abuse or crimes against them) is unprintable! 

• Like 8

No production company really cares about the children on a reality show.  I'm sure the camera crews, and local producers do, but they really don't have much power.       Look at the legal maneuvers, and threats of lawsuits it took to get Honey Boo Boo's money in an account where it would be safe.      It will be interesting to see what happens when the Gosselin kids hit 18, and demand an accounting of the money they earned.     

There's also money from sponsors for products, such as the matching, upscale clothing some of the more current show kids wear.    Or product endorsements.     Didn't the Duggars receive a lot of money when they built the new house?   

The parents are supposed to protect their kids, but so many don't.   It's all about the money, the fame, and the lifestyle. 

There is no way someone who is an adult doesn't have some kind of contract with the show, at least a liability waiver, and the parents (Jill, whoever else) also sign for their children to be shown.    However, my guess (I have no way of knowing) is that somehow JB engineered a deal where he's part of the production company, and they contract with him for almost all of the money, or it's paid to him, and he's supposed to forward it on to the participating adult children. 

There might also be some other condition with that bunch, such as the Plattville (or whatever it is) show, where one adult son only participated, because the parents said otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to communicate with his siblings.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Of course what's also infuriating is that not only did neither the parents or network compensate them for putting their business out there for the world to see but now it seems that, after she actually stood up for herself re getting some compensation AND for not totally toeing the family party line, her parents apparently cut all of them off (including their grandchildren) . It also sounds as though the senior Duggars will only consider a reconciliation if the Dillards totally kowtow again to them!

My opinion of the evidence of TLC making virtually no effort to protect their minor participants from exploitation (if not outright abuse or crimes against them) is unprintable! 

If their family member have cut them off both financially and from communication the the obvious solution is to write a tell all book.

• Like 10

I can see the money going to the parents for the minor kids.   But the spinoffs (to keep the $$$ flowing after the scandal) were when the older children were adults.    TLC has no legal duty to protect the kids.   But to not even have the adult kids sign the contract?   yeah, you are ASKING to be sued.

• Like 8

The only reality shows I would even consider being on (not that anybody would want me on one in the first place) would be one of the short-term competition things.  Like The Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother.  That kind of thing.  I would never allow my child to be on a reality show period.  If that's their dream, they can hope it's still a thing when they're old enough to make their own (bad) decisions.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I can see the money going to the parents for the minor kids.   But the spinoffs (to keep the $$$ flowing after the scandal) were when the older children were adults.    TLC has no legal duty to protect the kids.   But to not even have the adult kids sign the contract?   yeah, you are ASKING to be sued.

I’d be willing to bet that the adult children did sign contacts. That wouldn’t stop Jim Bob from setting it up so that he was legally in charge of the money. Most likely there is a trust or business account set up where all the money goes and he oversees it. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Gosselin kids hit 18, and demand an accounting of the money they earned.

I think Cara & Mady, the twins & eldest Gosselin children (who are not currently speaking to their father, according to him), are at least 18, probably older, as they’re in college. So they should be able to get that financial accounting now, if they want.

I think the sextuplets are only a couple of years younger; somewhere around early/mid-high school age. At last report, 2 of them—Leah & Colin (the child Kate put into a residential facility/school for a number of years, because of alleged behavioral issues—at least between him & Kate—without discussing it with Jon first or telling him where she placed Colin)—were living with their dad Jon, his girlfriend & her daughter (I think it is).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dani said:

I’d be willing to bet that the adult children did sign contacts. That wouldn’t stop Jim Bob from setting it up so that he was legally in charge of the money. Most likely there is a trust or business account set up where all the money goes and he oversees it. 

I think that when Jim Bob set up a company and the contract is between the company and TLC. I doubt the adult children have their own contracts with TLC. Jim Bob doles put money or assets (houses) to the others as he sees fit. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I can see the money going to the parents for the minor kids.   But the spinoffs (to keep the $$$ flowing after the scandal) were when the older children were adults.    TLC has no legal duty to protect the kids.   

If the money goes to the parents and TLC has no duty to protect them that is part of the problem. I mean if say Ellen Pompeo gets one of her kids an acting job on Grey's Anatomy the show runners can't just say they will pay Ellen more. They are legally required to pay the kid and put money in a trust so parents and manager types don't steal it. Why is it different for TLC style reality shows?

• Like 3

Kids on reality TV aren't considered actors as Ellen Pompeo's kids would be in that scenario. Laws have been made to force children to have trusts (see the Gosselins and Honey BooBoo). Such laws aren't on the books in AR, the Duggars' home state.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.