Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Why does Diane Sawyer always look so blurry during her interviews??  Last night on Nightline she was doing an interview & the people were crystal clear & she looked like she was going into Witness Protection!!!

I think she is filmed with special filters on the camera.  It's probably in her contract.  Barbara Walters seems to do the same.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Why does Diane Sawyer always look so blurry during her interviews??  Last night on Nightline she was doing an interview & the people were crystal clear & she looked like she was going into Witness Protection!!!

I suspect it an age erasing technique.       The HD Tv harshness in showing every line and wrinkle is why some people who had been on TV forever suddenly retired.     The theory was the blurring, and vaseline lenses wouldn't work, but they have found a way to make it work.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect it an age erasing technique.

It is.  Lighting shows every wrinkle, and filters on the camera lens are used to compensate.  Sometimes they go overboard, thus the blurriness. 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Chadwick Boseman died intestate.

I know the man had a lot on his mind, but couldn't one of his advisors make sure that was taken care of?

Good chance that everything with his wife was "joint with right of survivorship."  That means it passes directly to the other person without going through probate.   If you own a house with your spouse that is how it is likely titled.   So if your spouse dies, the house is automatically yours even if spouse leaves it to their crazy cousin Dave in the Will.  

The only things left to probate would be those not designated that way.    Or he didn't have as much net worth as people thought.   

  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2020 at 2:51 PM, Robert Lynch said:

Jacob Tremblay stars as young Baby era Justin Bieber in new music video: Lonely

Reminded me of Whitney Houston's Greatest Love of All video and I think that's what he was going at. It is always good to see Jacob Tremblay. The song and I think the lessons I learned from this video is don't put your kids as meal tickets for a lifestyle that doesn't belong to you and let them be kids. The song is okay, but I hope this is a lesson about fame. It comes at a price.

Jacob Tremblay's parents have been doing a stellar job with him and I really hope he avoids the pratfalls of childhood fame. Justin seems like he's working through his shit so good for him? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Jacob Tremblay's parents have been doing a stellar job with him and I really hope he avoids the pratfalls of childhood fame. Justin seems like he's working through his shit so good for him? 

It needs to be kept in mind that when Mr. Bieber first became famous, his mother Pattie Mallette, had HER praises sung as having done an exemplary job of parenting him solo so that he would forever avoid the pitfalls of  fame. Time will tell if the senior Tremblays' upbringing of young Jacob will prove their praises to be merited as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Blergh said:

It needs to be kept in mind that when Mr. Bieber first became famous, his mother Pattie Mallette, had HER praises sung as having done an exemplary job of parenting him solo so that he would forever avoid the pitfalls of  fame. Time will tell if the senior Tremblays' upbringing of young Jacob will prove their praises to be merited as well. 

Jacob Tremblay’s parents

Well, let’s hope that remains true.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

My first thought was the height. I remember hearing that Napoleon was actually pretty normal height, he just surrounded himself with tall bodyguards. Google says that Phoenix is 1.73 or 5f 8i. Bit shorter than me. Fair enough.

Second, the accent. Napoleon was from the island of Corsica, and apparently kept the accent long into his life. People even looked down on him for it. What does a Corsican accent even sound like? The only one that comes to mind is Ian Holm in Time Bandits, and that was more cartoon French.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Anduin said:

My first thought was the height. I remember hearing that Napoleon was actually pretty normal height, he just surrounded himself with tall bodyguards. Google says that Phoenix is 1.73 or 5f 8i. Bit shorter than me. Fair enough.

Second, the accent. Napoleon was from the island of Corsica, and apparently kept the accent long into his life. People even looked down on him for it. What does a Corsican accent even sound like? The only one that comes to mind is Ian Holm in Time Bandits, and that was more cartoon French.

Good question re the accent. If one goes to a certain site rhyming with Blue Cube, one can hear contemporary inhabitants speaking in a tone that sounds close to contemporary French but one must keep in mind that when Napoleon was born in 1769, it had enjoyed having been its own independent state for 18 months just two years earlier  but by Napoleon's birth, it had been recently acquired by France - having previously been ruled by Italian states in one form or another for centuries. Long-short is that in Napoleon and his contemporary islanders spoke a variety of dialects that were much closer to Italian than mainstream French and its likely that his accent would have sounded closer to an Italian one to modern ears (especially in his youth). I'm not sure Mr. Phoenix will attempt to make that historic figure speak as close as scholars  believe Napoleon may have sounded like but I wouldn't put it past him. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

Second, the accent. Napoleon was from the island of Corsica, and apparently kept the accent long into his life.

Since, in real life, Napoleon would have spoken French (or perhaps Italian or Corsican), it already requires suspension of disbelief for him to be speaking English, regardless of the accent.  Back in my amateur theatre days, our director always said "In the real world, these people would have been speaking their native language, not English with a German/Italian/whatever accent (I'm looking at you, Von Trapp family).  So we are all just going to speak English the same way we normally would."

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Quof said:

Back in my amateur theatre days, our director always said "In the real world, these people would have been speaking their native language, not English with a German/Italian/whatever accent (I'm looking at you, Von Trapp family).  So we are all just going to speak English the same way we normally would."

Thank you.   Nothing I hate more than a show set in a country that does not speak English and the American actors speak English with an accent.   They would be speaking their native language in the real world not English.   By putting the accent in there, it just reminds me they are NOT speaking the native language.   If they speak English it doesn't even register.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Thank you.   Nothing I hate more than a show set in a country that does not speak English and the American actors speak English with an accent.   They would be speaking their native language in the real world not English.   By putting the accent in there, it just reminds me they are NOT speaking the native language.   If they speak English it doesn't even register. 

Ha!  The worst is when the setting is some non-Western setting and the actor is an American speaking English with a faux-British accent.  LOL. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Joaquin Phoenix is only 5'8"? Huh. I always thought he was at least 5'10".

And there is some reports that Sal Mineo was 5'7. But 5'6 seems more accurate to me.

I think Corey Feldman is 5'5, too. I definitely buy that 5'8 estimate on Joaquin because there were some female actresses that tower over him in most films. Liv Tyler and Charlize Theron comes to mind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

He says it was a mistake, but I have a question: What in the world would you be doing on a Zoom call that you would stop video to undress?

According to the Vice article linked: masturbating.

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 10

Share this post


Link to post

I've read about him being a disgusting human being over the years for other reasons. This latest incident didn't come as a complete shock.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I've read about him being a disgusting human being over the years for other reasons. This latest incident didn't come as a complete shock.

That was going to be my other question: Does he have a history? If he does, there goes benefit of the doubt.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Boys 'n girls:  Let this be a teaching/learning moment.  Keep yer pants on whilst Zooming, just in case

Especially in the Year of 2020.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

C'mon, who hasn't wanted to rub one out in a Zoom business meeting?  Pssh. 

This is the kind of scenario that I'd love to use when I'm asked to give professional guidelines to students but I don't want to offend anyone with sexual content so I can't. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Jeffrey Toobin moment became a talking point on every lawyer listserve, facebook page and amongst ourselves.   Because the judges have been telling us that Zoom Court is just llike being in court.   Dress appropriately (please wear pants, please wear pants) and act appropriately.  

 

Just ewwwwwwwww.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, BetterButter said:

 

Not Jeff Bridges!!  All reports say he is truly a lovely individual.  I am heartbroken.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin suspended by New Yorker after exposing himself on Zoom call.  

I hit this with the laugh reaction not because I thought what he did was funny but that OMG suspended was the response of his employer. Why was he not fired? Why was he not arrested for indecent exposure? Oh yeah, because it was a "mistake." Sure, Jeff. It was only a mistake because you got caught. This is where we are now, where someone "accidentally" exposing their genitalia on Zoom to a non-consenting audience is basically Monday. Ya gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I hit this with the laugh reaction not because I thought what he did was funny but that OMG suspended was the response of his employer. Why was he not fired? Why was he not arrested for indecent exposure?

LOL but it's probably because Toobin's employer wanted to do an investigation on "why" what happened, happened first.  What if Toobin had a serious case of diarrhea, was silently suffering during the Zoom call, couldn't take it anymore, unzipped his fly and rushed to the bathroom?  New Yorker might have been a bit more understanding than they are now upon learning Jeff was just doing his own personal version of Beat It.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 2:10 PM, DearEvette said:

Ha!  The worst is when the setting is some non-Western setting and the actor is an American speaking English with a faux-British accent.  LOL. 

I thought everyone everywhere spoke with a British accent - are you telling me I was wrong??????  ;-)

Edited to note that I would love to see a good biopic of Napoleon, but I can't stand Joaquin Phoenix.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

When I first read that Toobin had exposed himself during a Zoom meeting, I assumed it was inadvertent and thought "Dude wear some pants!" 

When I learned that he was caught masturbating I thought, "Dude, you got a problem."

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh.

Limbaugh has Stage 4 lung cancer.  Fewer than 5% of people with that diagnosis survive 5 years and most of those who do survive still have cancer, it just hasn't killed them yet.  Sounds like he was in denial at first, but now, as it has progressed, he can't deny it any more.  Happens a lot.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PepSinger said:

It's such bullshit. How fragile is Chris Pratt's ego that he got upset about some stupid "Chris" poll? I also cannot believe that RDJ, Zoe Saldana, and Mark Ruffalo decided to involve themselves! Is this middle school? Where were they when Brie, Zendaya, Don, Tessa, and Anthony were being harassed? I'm most disappointed in Mark Ruffalo, though. I was rooting for you!

The Chris poll was the catalyst but the larger issue is that he’s being accused of being homophobic based on his church. 

I was disappointed in Ruffalo’s post but RDJ’s was the most shocking to me. It’s so sanctimonious. 

Two months ago Elizabeth Olsen deleted her Instagram because she was attacked for not posting an hour after Chadwick Boseman’s death was announced. And this is what causes them to speak up. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dani said:

The Chris poll was the catalyst but the larger issue is that he’s being accused of being homophobic based on his church

Also, that he wants to one day recreate his father in laws trajectory. 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

The church Chris Pratt attends, some of his follows on Instagram and his history of animal abuse and the fact that he exposed himself to a  Amy Poehler on set without her being warned first to get a particular reaction for a scene are reasons that have amassed over the years for me to not like him. 

  • Like 15
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post
OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size