Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Hope it wasn't a supersprader event.

Guess they missed the Governor's order prohibiting gatherings of more than 50 people.  Oh, but they made guests wash their hands.

• Sad 6

Not sure if this is the right thread, as the actors are not named in the article, but CBS and NCIS New Orleans are being sued by actors who were traumatized -- and nearly shot -- while filming a scene in 2017.

Filming a "guerilla-style" robbery without even notifying the neighboring stores, let alone filing the proper paperwork with local law enforcement? Beyond irresponsible!

None of the other articles I found provide much additional information. Law Enforcement Today adds a moral (always follow proper procedure and notify the local police when filming, especially if the scene portrays criminal activity) and cites another almost disaster in which cops actually shot at an actor in a similar situation (also in 2017).

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/10/12/cbs-sued-ncis-new-orleans-stage-robbery-real-cops-actors-jewelry-store/

• Surprise 14
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Not sure if this is the right thread, as the actors are not named in the article, but CBS and NCIS New Orleans are being sued by actors who were traumatized -- and nearly shot -- while filming a scene in 2017.

Filming a "guerilla-style" robbery without even notifying the neighboring stores, let alone filing the proper paperwork with local law enforcement? Beyond irresponsible!

None of the other articles I found provide much additional information. Law Enforcement Today adds a moral (always follow proper procedure and notify the local police when filming, especially if the scene portrays criminal activity) and cites another almost disaster in which cops actually shot at an actor in a similar situation (also in 2017).

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/10/12/cbs-sued-ncis-new-orleans-stage-robbery-real-cops-actors-jewelry-store/

This doesn't make sense. The jewelry store people agreed to let them film there, and then the NCIS people just showed up one day unannounced to do it?

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, janie jones said:

This doesn't make sense. The jewelry store people agreed to let them film there, and then the NCIS people just showed up one day unannounced to do it?

I guess  neither the jewelry store and the production company notified the neighboring businesses of their intent and,  having it played out in front of them,   alarmed the employees and patrons alike to see.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, janie jones said:

It sounds like the jewelry store people were the only people who knew.  People in a neighboring store saw it and called it in.  The police, who also weren't informed, showed up. '

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It sounds like the jewelry store people were the only people who knew.  People in a neighboring store saw it and called it in.  The police, who also weren't informed, showed up. '

I'm not generally litigious, but I would sue in this case also.  They could have very easily been killed and just for lack of making sure everyone was informed.   I guess they're lucky the jewerly store at least was informed.  No excuse whatsoever for that.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Ah, makes sense. I reread the article. I thought it said the employees of the jewelry store were the ones who called the cops.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Congrats to them, but I admit to only reading the article because of the weird choice to use quotes around the phrase best friend. Having read the article, I still don't get it. They're a couple who say they're each others best friends. It's hardly something unusual. Plenty of people feel like that about their spouses. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm not generally litigious, but I would sue in this case also.  They could have very easily been killed and just for lack of making sure everyone was informed.   I guess they're lucky the jewerly store at least was informed.  No excuse whatsoever for that.

They alo didn't get the necessary permits. This whole thing kind of astounds me. It's not like CBS is suddenly new at this, how could they not do any of the things that needed to be done?

• Like 10

3 hours ago, bijoux said:

Congrats to them, but I admit to only reading the article because of the weird choice to use quotes around the phrase best friend. Having read the article, I still don't get it. They're a couple who say they're each others best friends. It's hardly something unusual. Plenty of people feel like that about their spouses. 

Regarding the bolded: 1 of my previously good friends got married years back, saying in her wedding program she was marrying her best friend (I think he said the same). They eventually divorced & he married someone else.

• Surprise 1

3 hours ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

I suppose because Grease was filmed long before the Travolta- Preston union began, I had had no idea that Miss Newton-John had ever met the late Miss Preston much less had had the chance to be positively impressed by her but that's quite touching!

• Like 11

20 hours ago, bijoux said:

In written journalism, this is the convention to signal you are using a direct quote and not paraphrasing or interpreting.  He said an entire sentence with the words 'best friend' in them, but the headline chose to single that out.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

On 10/13/2020 at 2:59 PM, GaT said:

They alo didn't get the necessary permits. This whole thing kind of astounds me. It's not like CBS is suddenly new at this, how could they not do any of the things that needed to be done?

Not just CBS, Don Bellisaro's production company has been making these shows and the parent show JAG for more than 25 years, hasn't it? Was this new trainee day or something?

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 2

From ET Online: John Cena Quietly Marries Girlfriend  

From ESPN: Alabama Football Coach Nick Saban, Athletic Director Greg Byrne Test Positive for COVID-19

They tested positive Wednesday afternoon (this afternoon); Saban immediately went home & into isolation, though he’s asymptomatic. He’s having another PCR test to confirm the diagnosis.

The Crimson Tide play host to #3 Georgia on Saturday afternoon. The game is still on. Saban is working with the team via Zoom while in isolation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I hope his wife's uterus gets a nice long break for a change too. 

Well, I guess that's up to her.  It's her uterus and she can utilize it as many times as she wants.

• Like 9

She certainly can.  But by her own admission, "I almost lost my life" in her multiple miscarriages; her 5 children might have some feelings about losing their mother.  

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Mrs. Estefan telling her daughter that sharing the news  about the latter's lesbianism with  her grandmother   would have been the last straw for the elderly woman's health  does not surprise me that this would have cause a strained relationship. Well, at least they seemed to have made up and are in counseling but that remark would have been a tough hurdle to have overcome. 

• Like 5

As I recall, someone telling Colton Haynes that his coming out as a teen was the cause for his father's suicide messed him up bigtime. (And also, was complete bullshit. If that news is what pushes someone over the edge, there was already a LOT going wrong in their life beforehand.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

You might wanna fix the gender referred to in your link. You used “his” in referring to Gloria Estefan’s lesbian (bisexual?) daughter, Emily.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I wish George and Bill would just stop it.    It's been so many years, and they're the only ones left, so let it go already. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wish George and Bill would just stop it.    It's been so many years, and they're the only ones left, so let it go already. 

I agree! Boys, we get it: You barely tolerated each other's presence to keep being in   Trek jobs/conventions for needed cash but never truly were friends and have disliked each other virtually from Day One.  Fine. So could you two just take it to the nearest parking lot and stop the public and online squabbling over stuff that happened over half a century ago that has no bearing on your current lives? Your two bit complaints aren't worth even a bean much less a hill of them compared to what's  currently going on for everyone else!

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Chadwick Boseman died intestate.

I know the man had a lot on his mind, but couldn't one of his advisors make sure that was taken care of?

Interesting, although the article also states that the value of his estate is $938,500 so I am not sure if I am supposed to believe them or not. Or maybe he transferred all his wealth to his wife before he died and that is why it is so low.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Interesting, although the article also states that the value of his estate is $938,500 so I am not sure if I am supposed to believe them or not. Or maybe he transferred all his wealth to his wife before he died and that is why it is so low.

I presume that came from the court filing which would've been provided by Boseman's wife/estate, so it should be pretty accurate.  It could be that the bulk of his estate is tied up in various trusts, etc to provide for his loved ones and therefore isn't going to go through probate and the filing is meant to cover the assets not already in trust.  Anyone with the amount of money Boseman probably had would've gotten advice to get his assets into irrevocable trusts to protect his money from probate.  It's a little unusual not to have a will in place, too, but it might explain why his estate is relatively small for someone of his stature.

• Useful 7

Why does Diane Sawyer always look so blurry during her interviews??  Last night on Nightline she was doing an interview & the people were crystal clear & she looked like she was going into Witness Protection!!!

• Laugh 9

Jacob Tremblay stars as young Baby era Justin Bieber in new music video: Lonely

Reminded me of Whitney Houston's Greatest Love of All video and I think that's what he was going at. It is always good to see Jacob Tremblay. The song and I think the lessons I learned from this video is don't put your kids as meal tickets for a lifestyle that doesn't belong to you and let them be kids. The song is okay, but I hope this is a lesson about fame. It comes at a price.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Based on the amount it’s probably just a few assets that weren’t in a trust or protected in some other way. Even without a will it’s not hard to keep most assets out of probate with planning. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.