Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On 10/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, krankydoodle said:

I just found out (through Reddit) that Kathie Lee's daughter Cassidy is married to Betsy DeVos's nephew after they popped up on Family Feud and he was shown wearing startlingly tight pants, a fact he only appeared to realize once the camera was on him.

LOL!  I don't feel like such a slut now, cause in my head I was thinking how 'blessed' he was, heh.

Don't know how to put in links via my phone, so....

Just read via Variety that one of my favorite Spike Lee character actors, Thomas Jefferson Byrd was murdered yesterday at the age of 70.  I JUST watched Set It Off hours ago (he played Luther, the janitor who stole the bank robbery money).

Also, the wonderful Armelia McQueen passed today....she was in Nurses, was one of Whoopi's sisters in Ghost and had a memorable turn in a Martin episode as Big Mama Jama.

Rest in peace, guys.

ETA...er, this is in the wrong forum.  DAMNED ADS HAVING GOING INTO ANOTHER THREAD!!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Sad 9

28 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I didn't think it was particularly funny, but I also don't feel like it was a big deal.  

Yeah from the headlines and reaction I was expecting something much more tone deaf. I mean it was the caption to a picture of the movie so it was clear it wasn’t a political post from the start.

• Like 12

Baio said he felt castigated in some quarters in Hollywood for standing up for his views, labeling it 'facism' 

*Rolls eyes* Oh, put a sock in it. 

I am shocked, shocked, I tell you, that this is his stance. 

• Like 21
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

To Scott Baio and his ignorant ilk crying out "fascism":

tenor.gif.136b78b8fa352bc44e224f790762b0d2.gif

Good one. And BTW, Chachi is 60 years old. Maybe to be schooled by Rachel Maddow and John Oliver would be worth the price of admission. Mainly John Oliver....I could imagine what he would say. But he was already taken to the cleaners by Wanda Sykes, so no problem by me. Stupidity like this upsets me so much. Just because you are healthy doesn't mean the virus doesn't attack healthy people. It has in the past. Look it up.

• Like 19

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for evidence that Mr. Baio sincere cares for anyone outside his immediate family (and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt) . Hence not really surprised he'd do a ' ha ha, the joke's on YOU' re not wanting to mask. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Blergh said:

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for evidence that Mr. Baio sincere cares for anyone outside his immediate family (and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt) . Hence not really surprised he'd do a ' ha ha, the joke's on YOU' re not wanting to mask. 

Unfortunately, I think that's the truth. However, I remembered Scott saying a while back when his father passed away(way before Covid), he had serious health problems that contributed to his death. And for him to be nonchalant about masks makes it more troubling. I don't wish anybody ill and I don't want anybody to suffer this disease, but studies shows that history of family health issues could contribute these results at a higher rate. He might think he is invincible and healthy, but even healthy people do succumb to this as well. It just doesn't matter how healthy you are. What comes into effect is responsibility. And he is in California, which is a hotspot, poor air quality, and forest fires raging out of control.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 8

On 10/4/2020 at 6:49 PM, Bruinsfan said:

I don't get the impression that Chris Pratt actually thinks much at all, about anything.

If there was ever a guy who embodied the dumb jock stereotype...

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

Actually, Zendaya DOES have a certain facial resemblance to Miss Spector but she is much taller! Still, I have to admire the fact that they HAVE been able to get this off the ground despite the almost certain opposition from Miss Spector's notorious ex! 

• Useful 3

32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Sounds like cheating to me.

How? The article states that the guidelines allow for “State COVID-19 rules allowed a paid live audience of no more than 100 people or 25% of the studio's capacity.” the only issue the Department of Health raised was that they weren’t paid so they paid them. The other guidelines of testing, masks and sitting in pods of people who knew each other were also followed.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

How? The article states that the guidelines allow for “State COVID-19 rules allowed a paid live audience of no more than 100 people or 25% of the studio's capacity.” the only issue the Department of Health raised was that they weren’t paid so they paid them. The other guidelines of testing, masks and sitting in pods of people who knew each other were also followed.

New York's coronavirus restrictions for media productions such as SNL make clear media productions can only have a live studio audience if it consists entirely of paid cast, crew or employees.

Just sounds to me like they're following the letter of the law and not the spirit.  The way this paragraph makes it sound is that New York had intended live audiences of actual folk who work for TV shows.  Not people to be paid to be audiences.  But, yes, they are within their rights because they took the law and got creative with it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Just sounds to me like they're following the letter of the law and not the spirit.  The way this paragraph makes it sound is that New York had intended live audiences of actual folk who work for TV shows.  Not people to be paid to be audiences.  But, yes, they are within their rights because they took the law and got creative with it.

But again that doesn’t seem to be the case. There is a third party agency that is casting audiences/extras for shoots during this time and that is what they are using. If the guidelines was only meant to allow an audience of people who were already employed in other capacities but allowed to be in the room they would have used “employees” not “paid audience member” which are already defined categories within the law.

Edited by biakbiak

Sounds super weaselly to me. Especially if the people didn't know they would be getting paid until they walked out. If that is the case you are not an employee. The weird thing is 30 rock is a giant building. Would it really have been that hard to find a few hundred actual NBC employees to be the audience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Sounds super weaselly to me. Especially if the people didn't know they would be getting paid until they walked out. If that is the case you are not an employee. The weird thing is 30 rock is a giant building. Would it really have been that hard to find a few hundred actual NBC employees to be the audience.

The guidelines don’t call for an employee they call for paid audience members which is specifically not an employee. Some audience members might not have realized they would be paid but they got their tickets through a casting agency, so I bet there was an entire bunch of terms that were spelled out and they agreed to and just didn’t read.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The guidelines don’t call for an employee they call for paid audience members which is specifically not an employee. Some audience members might not have realized they would be paid but they got their tickets through a casting agency, so I bet there was an entire bunch of terms that were spelled out and they agreed to and just didn’t read.

This is right from the article:

media productions can only have a live studio audience if it consists entirely of paid cast, crew or employees

So which one of those 3 options were the paid audience members?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kel Varnsen said:

media productions can only have a live studio audience if it consists entirely of paid cast, crew or employees

The part of the guidelines the Department of Health was quoted in the article saying they were in compliance:

”SNL has confirmed that they followed the reopening guidance, including selecting audience members through a third-party screening and casting process and compensating them for their time as paid audience members," Health Department spokesman Jonah Bruno said in a statement.”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Is a 100 audience members really a 25 percent compacity at all? I have been on a tour to the SNL set a while back. It's really small.

Who knows since whoever was responsible for the shittily written article didn’t appear to do the research to see what the studio capacity is and confirm the number of attendees since the 100 people appears to be only based on the one audience member they interviewed guesstimating the amount of people that were there. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Is a 100 audience members really a 25 percent compacity at all? I have been on a tour to the SNL set a while back. It's really small.

It's 300 capacity, so 25% would be 75.

• Useful 1

54 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Super duper temporary contract labor.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

And it sucked. Hopefully this is better.

It got the original cast so that is a step in the right direction.

Although I've found that the Q&As are better than the table reads.  And there is one of those too.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I would not be surprised at all if Lorne Michaels decided to "cast" the audience with first responders instead putting people from the building in the seats for a very specific reason.  I don't know what it is and too many of the speculative reasons I could give go too far down the path of unhallowed topics, but I think its less likely that he was weaseling around it than he has some strong feelings about it,  Because frankly, deciding to bring in people that are in the same social group to avoid seating people six feet apart was going to get attention by design.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I would not be surprised at all if Lorne Michaels decided to "cast" the audience with first responders instead putting people from the building in the seats for a very specific reason.  I don't know what it is and too many of the speculative reasons I could give go too far down the path of unhallowed topics, but I think its less likely that he was weaseling around it than he has some strong feelings about it,  Because frankly, deciding to bring in people that are in the same social group to avoid seating people six feet apart was going to get attention by design.

There was a group of healthcare workers in a separate section closest to the stage who Chris Rock acknowledged during his monologue. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

Hmm, so according to Miss Somers, she and her husband were walking the stairs in their home and both fell yet she alone got neck vertebrae  misaligned after that and had  intense pain 'that even tequila was not resolving'. 

Does anyone else wonder if there may be more to this than Miss Somers is currently claiming? I mean, I know people fall down stairs but why would both of them have fallen down the stairs in their own home (which surely they each had climbed up/down countless times before) . Were there objects/debris on the stairs that one or both tripped on that took the other down? Was one of them wearing wobbly footwear not meant for climbing stairs? Could one or both of them having been intoxicated or otherwise not in the most sober state of mind? Or. .. could one of them have pushed the other which caused both to fall? Well, in any case, I hope the surgery clears up the problem for Miss Somers (and, if there's more to the story than what Miss Somers is currently claiming, I hope those issues get resolved). 

• Useful 3

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

In additional SNL/Covid news they cancelled musical guest Morgan Wallen’s appearance on Saturday’s show because he was all over TikTok and other Social media hanging out in large unmasked groups partying all weekend and making out with multiple people.

How old is this guy? (He's 27 and old enough to do better.)  I would think that his manager, family, etc.  would have told him that he needed to be in self isolation before this appearance AND I would think that SNL had ALSO told him what was expected.  What a lost opportunity for him.  PLUS, the negativity put on him now that his arrogance for other people's safety has been put out there.  He could  have brought himself so much admiration if he had gotten tested and stayed in self isolation, wore mask, etc., until the SNL appearance date.  That would show SNL people that he respected them and the audience.  

He acknowledges that what he did was short sighted.  He says Lorne Michaels has promised to let him make it up on another date.  We'll see.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/morgan-wallen-not-playing-saturday-night-live-covid-1234796605/

• Like 8

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.