Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

6 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

don't think rumors about Travolta have anything to do with Kelly Preston's hotness or lack of same, they're more based on the masseurs, pilots, and cruise line workers who've complained about being groped and harassed by him. If any third parties have made such allegations about Hugh Jackman, I'm not aware of it.

Right.  As with many people online that have rumors about them, there are people who claim to know he has sex with men as second or third hand stories so that just reinforces people's belief in the rumors.  I don't believe there have been any first hand accounts. 

But whatever.  Even if it were true, that still wouldn't negate his marriage given that bisexuality, open marriages and even cheating are real things that exist in this world. 

That is really sad for John and Crissy.   Even though I don't follow them, it was hard not to be excited for them given how much difficulty they had getting pregnant in the past and how this was a surprise baby.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't believe there have been any first hand accounts. 

There have been several including lawsuits and at least one criminal complaint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There have been several including lawsuits and at least one criminal complaint.

On Hugh Jackman?  The "he" in my reply was about him.  I know Travolta has had first hand accounts.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

On Hugh Jackman?  The "he" in my reply was about him.  I know Travolta has had first hand accounts.

Oops my bad. I misread yes I was receding to Travolta. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Chrissy Teigen lost their baby. 

What a shame. It was just such a horrible coincidence that when she was finally able to conceive after trying for so long, it happened when she was having surgery, & the pregnancy test came up negative even though she was pregnant.  As soon as I heard that she was pregnant through her surgery, I didn't think it would end well.

• Sad 6

On 9/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, praeceptrix said:

Chadwick Boseman used some of his own salary to make sure that Sienna Miller was paid an appropriate (by Hollywood standards) salary. The more I learn about him, the more I admire him. Why do good people die young and horrible people get to live long and inflict pain?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/29/entertainment/chadwick-boseman-sienna-miller-movie-salary-trnd/index.html

I am not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand it certainly shows what a decent person he was. On the other hand how much cash does the studio making that movie have? And yet he is the one who had to take a pay cut so she could get paid.

33 minutes ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

It never ceases to amaze me how nerdy looking SNL guys like constantly get the hottest A-list actress partners.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She had her breast implants removed. 

That had nothing to do with what happened with this pregnancy.  There can be risks to general anesthesia in early pregnancy, but Chrissy has said that this was a problem with her placenta which makes sense given the ongoing bleeding she was having.  That is not caused by anesthesia.  She said she has had issues with poor placental function in her other pregnancies, too.

• Like 11
  • Useful 6
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That had nothing to do with what happened with this pregnancy.  There can be risks to general anesthesia in early pregnancy, but Chrissy has said that this was a problem with her placenta which makes sense given the ongoing bleeding she was having.  That is not caused by anesthesia.  She said she has had issues with poor placental function in her other pregnancies, too.

I didn’t imply that it did. A poster asked what surgery she had which she has been very open about discussing just like she has with the issues related to her pregnancy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t imply that it did. A poster asked what surgery she had which she has been very open about discussing just like she has with the issues related to her pregnancy.

Sorry, I should've been more clear that I was responding to another poster's concern that her breast surgery, which happened either before she conceived or so soon after conception that her pregnancy test wasn't positive yet, was the cause of the loss of this pregnancy.  Women feel guilty enough when a pregnancy is lost tragically; I just wanted to make it clear that there is no research to indicate that having surgery at that point would lead to a second trimester pregnancy loss.

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

In other, happier, celebrity baby news, From CNN: Usher Is a New Dad to a Baby Girl

The baby’s name is Sovereign Bo Raymond (Raymond is Usher’s last name). The baby’s mother is his girlfriend, Jenn Goicoechea, a vice president of A&R at Epic Records.

Congratulations, and I wish him the best of luck with the new baby.

7 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I have been fortunate to overachieve in this area, and what I've been told is: Never underestimate a good sense of humor.

Yes. This. 

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

In other, happier, celebrity baby news, From CNN: Usher Is a New Dad to a Baby Girl

The baby’s name is Sovereign Bo Raymond (Raymond is Usher’s last name). The baby’s mother is his girlfriend, Jenn Goicoechea, a vice president of A&R at Epic Records.

While, of course, the important issues are that the baby and her mother are happy and healthy, I hope she doesn't grow to resent her parents for that name. I mean the first name is a bit of a mouthful and virtually the only nicknames I can think of that could come from it would be 'Sovvy' or 'Reigny' neither one being the most euphonious or smoothest out there. 

24 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Never underestimate a good sense of humor.

I know which is why it surprised me that SNL guys of all people get such hot and famous women. 😄

Although in reality the only one that really surprise me is Colin Jost. Taran Killian seems like a pretty funny guy.

• Laugh 8

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Right.  As with many people online that have rumors about them, there are people who claim to know he has sex with men as second or third hand stories so that just reinforces people's belief in the rumors.  I don't believe there have been any first hand accounts.

I'll counter those with an uncorroborated third hand story of my own. One of my Australian friends said that Jackman was persistently trying to get one of his female friends into bed ages ago, before he was famous or had met his wife. (She turned him down, which I can only imagine zoomed to the top spot of her lifelong regrets list years later...)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand it certainly shows what a decent person he was. On the other hand how much cash does the studio making that movie have? And yet he is the one who had to take a pay cut so she could get paid.

That’s not even a novel thing. On The Big Bang Theory, Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco all took paycuts so that Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik could get raises because the network wouldn’t cough it up. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 5

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I have been fortunate to overachieve in this area, and what I've been told is: Never underestimate a good sense of humor.

Eddie Valiant: Seriously, what do you see in that guy?

Jessica RabbitHe makes me laugh.

image.gif.afad1764bf902a44890fa2287c937ff7.gif

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco all took paycuts so that Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik could get raises because the network wouldn’t cough it up. 

Simon and Kanul also took a pay cut with the other three. It’s not new it’s just bullshit that studios have made this a thing with their compensation policies. Particularly for a show like TBBT which still makes a shitton of money for them.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

That’s not even a novel thing. On The Big Bang Theory, Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco all took paycuts so that Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik could get raises because the network wouldn’t cough it up. 

Professional athletes have also been known to do this.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I didn't know that until just within the last year or so. Now I'm imagining him sitting down and watching "Friends" :p.

Nice article, Sounds like a good, strong family all around. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yep. It’s up there in my random stepparent trivia like Gloria Steinem being Christian Bale’s stepmother for a few years. 

Now that I didn't know until now. Amazing the connections you can find in the celebrity world sometimes. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Now that I didn't know until now. Amazing the connections you can find in the celebrity world sometimes. 

Dylan McDermott's stepmother was Eve Ensler, author of The Vagina Monologues.

• Useful 7
  • Surprise 3

5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Dylan McDermott's stepmother was Eve Ensler, author of The Vagina Monologues.

She actually adopted him though they are only 8 or 9 years apart in age.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Somebody on twitter just recently had a thread about that.  Some they included:

Sheila E. is Nicole Richie's aunt

Shaquille O'Neal and Bill Bellamy are cousins

Al Roker and Lenny Kravitz are second cousins (Al and Lenny's mother, Roxie were first cousins)

Brandy, Snoop Dogg and Sasha Banks (WWE wrestler) are all first cousins

• Like 5
  • Useful 8

24 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Somebody on twitter just recently had a thread about that.  Some they included:

Sheila E. is Nicole Richie's aunt

Shaquille O'Neal and Bill Bellamy are cousins

Al Roker and Lenny Kravitz are second cousins (Al and Lenny's mother, Roxie were first cousins)

Brandy, Snoop Dogg and Sasha Banks (WWE wrestler) are all first cousins

That came about because lots of people didn't know that Da Brat and Lisa Raye are half-sisters.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

48 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I didn't know until right now that Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.

Say what now??

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

19 minutes ago, Trini said:

Say what now??

Yep. Shirley’s birth name was Shirley MacLean Beaty. 

• Useful 3

10 hours ago, Blergh said:

While, of course, the important issues are that the baby and her mother are happy and healthy, I hope she doesn't grow to resent her parents for that name. I mean the first name is a bit of a mouthful and virtually the only nicknames I can think of that could come from it would be 'Sovvy' or 'Reigny' neither one being the most euphonious or smoothest out there. 

Or they could just make things easy & call her by her middle name, Bo. And there are other girls whose name is Bo (or Bow, etc.). Of course the only 1 I can think of is fictional: Tracee Ellis Ross’ character in Black-ish. I don’t watch the show but I guess I picked up a lot about it from the media anyway. On the show, Ms. Ross’s character’s first name, I believe, is “Rainbow”, but she goes by “Bow”, I think.

• Like 1

More happy baby news, from earlier this week... From the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette:

Actress Billie Lourd Introduces Newborn Son in Surprise Announcement

She is an actress & the daughter of the late actress & writer Carrie Fisher & the granddaughter of entertainment legend Debbie Reynolds. I think she played a younger version of her mom’s character, Princess/General Leia Organa, in some of the most recent Star Wars franchise movies.

If you get stopped by a subscriber paywall & wanna read the article, just click on the left side of the URL box, where you see the different sized letter A’s. That’ll put you in Reader View & you should be able to read the article; I can.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a comment.
  • Like 8

This is certainly their choice to do this, & I don't do social media, so maybe I don't have the mindset, but I do not understand how Chrissy Teigen & John Legend would want to post these photos after losing their baby. Not only post the photos, but they are obviously not selfies, so they had a photographer there taking those photos. 

MW-IP900_teigen_20201001153921_ZG.jpg?uu

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is certainly their choice to do this, & I don't do social media, so maybe I don't have the mindset, but I do not understand how Chrissy Teigen & John Legend would want to post these photos after losing their baby. Not only post the photos, but they are obviously not selfies, so they had a photographer there taking those photos. 

MW-IP900_teigen_20201001153921_ZG.jpg?uu

Stillbirth photography is a thing offered by many hospitals that many grieving families find helpful.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 17
  • Useful 5
  • Sad 4

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.