Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/christina-anstead-celebrates-6-month-wedding-anniversary-with-ant/

I can't the specific one I recall from Christina that I thought was pretty immature but it's things like this. Our six month anniversary!!!  Really?  How old are you people? 

Another one they say happy anniversary to each other every Sunday, marking each week together?  

https://people.com/home/christina-el-moussa-ant-anstead-say-happy-anniversary-every-sunday/

Seriously without knowing otherwise I'd think this was two teenagers.  Not two people in their 30s who both had been married before and with kids. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I guess when she says "things happened that never should have happened" she's referring to people flapping their gums about how terrible she personally was to them on a regular basis.  

Clearly, Ellen was counting on people not ever saying anything which is... really dumb.

• Like 16

14 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Do these people meet at reality series industry events, or is there just some menu they order each other off of like Chinese takeout?

Maybe the latter since the Antstead case seems one of those that wound up hungry an hour later if not having stricken with MSG affects! 

• Laugh 8

I think she may have picked the wrong hill to die on, considering that Lang himself is an executive producer and enthusiastically promoting the project. I would assume that he will provide the cultural specificity and accuracy, given that the movie is about his life and it's based on his own memoir that he co-wrote.

• Like 11
  • Useful 9

48 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

I think she may have picked the wrong hill to die on, considering that Lang himself is an executive producer and enthusiastically promoting the project. I would assume that he will provide the cultural specificity and accuracy, given that the movie is about his life and it's based on his own memoir that he co-wrote.

Ron Howard directing isn’t enough for me to have a problem with it because sometimes you need big names to get movies like this made. My problem is Ron Howard directing and no Asian screenwriters involved. 🤦‍♀️ 

That kills any benefit of the doubt I was willing to give. One person cannot provide cultural specificity and accuracy on a project of this size even if it is their own story. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

Bindi Irwin & Chandler Powell, the daughter & son-in-law of the late Australian “Crocodile Hunter”/Australia Zoo owner Steve Irwin & his American-born wife, Terri, recently announced they’re expecting their first child together early next year (they were married in March; on March 25th, I believe—just before the pandemic restricted the size of gatherings such as weddings in Australia). Yesterday, they announced, on their social media accounts, they’re expecting a daughter (it was initially reported, by at least 1 US-based “celebrity” magazine, soon after the pregnancy was announced, that they were expecting twins; but this doesn’t seem to be the case now unless 1 is somehow “hiding” in Bindi’s womb).

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To correct a spellcheck-made error and change a punctuation mark.
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I totally disregarded her complaints when she called out the main problem with Mulan being white washing with nary of a mention of the total disregard of the internment camps when selecting where to film.

I don't have Disney + because of that shit despite how much I'd like to see the Mandalorian.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

31 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

totally disregarded her complaints when she called out the main problem with Mulan being white washing with nary of a mention of the total disregard of the internment camps when selecting where to film.

All she said was “have we learned nothing from Mulan?” The comment about it alluding to the white washing of the film was the writer implying things about her meaning. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I totally disregarded her complaints when she called out the main problem with Mulan being white washing with nary of a mention of the total disregard of the internment camps when selecting where to film.

Did I miss another quote by her? Her tweets  about the Ron Howard movie only had the briefest of mentions about Mulan without any specifics. 

Edited by Dani

From Access (Formerly Access Hollywood): Melissa Benoist Welcomes Baby Boy with Chris Wood

The baby’s name is Huxley Robert Wood. His date of birth & other “vital statistics” type info isn’t known. His mom stars in Supergirl on The CW network (formerly on CBS). His dad played (& his parents met when he played) his mom’s character’s love interest, Mon-El, in season 2 of Supergirl. They’ve been a couple since 2017, married since 2019 (her second marriage).

PERSONAL OPINION: The name “Huxley” sucks, at least as a first name. I’m betting it’s an old name from 1 of their families.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

PERSONAL OPINION: The name “Huxley” sucks, at least as a first name. I’m betting it’s an old name from 1 of their families.

I think of it as a last name, such as Aldous Huxley, or my primary association - David Huxley, Cary Grant's character in one of my favorite movies, Bringing Up Baby.  But I dig it as a first name.

Chris Wood looked familiar to me, but I couldn't figure out where I recognized him from; looking up his credits, it was an episode of Major Crimes.  In which he played a creepy killer, and now that's all I can see.

I only "know" Melissa Benoist from her speaking about her struggles with anxiety and depression and about surviving domestic violence, so it's great to see that she seems to be happy.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

From Access (Formerly Access Hollywood): Melissa Benoist Welcomes Baby Boy with Chris Wood

The baby’s name is Huxley Robert Wood. His date of birth & other “vital statistics” type info isn’t known. His mom stars in Supergirl on The CW network (formerly on CBS). His dad played (& his parents met when he played) his mom’s character’s love interest, Mon-El, in season 2 of Supergirl. They’ve been a couple since 2017, married since 2019 (her second marriage).

Congratulations to her.

Edited by ClassicShowsFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

image.jpeg.thumb.jpg.8930da1754c730c232b82cb0c1a350f9.jpg

https://people.com/movies/rebel-wilson-boyfriend-meet-prince-albert-monaco/

Actor Rebel Wilson after her recent weight loss, in the South of France, mingling with royalty, with her new boyfriend, nine years younger heir to the Anheuser-Busch dynasty, Jacob Busch. He previously dated 28 years-older Adrienne Maloof for several years.

Pretty girl with a bad posture. What is with these hunched over poses, anyway? It is not attractive at all.

4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

image.jpeg.thumb.jpg.8930da1754c730c232b82cb0c1a350f9.jpg

https://people.com/movies/rebel-wilson-boyfriend-meet-prince-albert-monaco/

Actor Rebel Wilson after her recent weight loss, in the South of France, mingling with royalty, with her new boyfriend, nine years younger heir to the Anheuser-Busch dynasty, Jacob Busch. He previously dated 28 years-older Adrienne Maloof for several years.

Who Mr. Busch dates and why is certainly his own business but I guess one can say that he doesn't believe in safe socks! LOL

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

I've heard nothing 'off' about either of them so I hope this works out and they DO get married and eventually have a happy legal union together for the rest of their lives.

Although this has nothing to do with any kind of marital requirements or check list, it's interesting that both their fathers (Phil Collins and Malcolm McDowell) are British while their both their mothers Jill Tavelman and Mary Steenburgen are U. S. Americans  and  both were largely raised in the US (though Miss Collins was born in England). Also,   the younger Mr. McDowell's older sister is, in fact, named Lily [which, despite Miss Tomlin's lengthy career has been a somewhat rare name since the turn of the 19th century when flower names were in vogue for girls].  In any case, I hope they have a happy life together and have the emotional support from their family and friends. Congratulations Miss Collins and Mr. McDowell!

• Useful 4

20 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

I've actually seen it on a couple of "popular baby names" lists recently. Possibly literary inspired like the very popular Atticus. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:48 AM, ClassicShowsFan said:

Is anyone surprised? She goes through the whole rehab thing, makes a "comeback" & releases a song called "I Love Me' that includes the lyric "Why am I always looking for a ride or die?", starts dating a guy & 3 months later is engaged. Demi, maybe go back to your song & check your lyrics, you don't seem to have learned a lot.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, ClassicShowsFan said:

I gave up on This is Us because I couldn't stand the inane "Russell enters politics in Philadelphia when he's from Northern Jersey" storyline. Looks like they'll be filming a lot of "Rebecca is pregnant" 1980 scenes. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 12:14 PM, Blergh said:

I've heard nothing 'off' about either of them so I hope this works out and they DO get married and eventually have a happy legal union together for the rest of their lives.

Although this has nothing to do with any kind of marital requirements or check list, it's interesting that both their fathers (Phil Collins and Malcolm McDowell) are British while their both their mothers Jill Tavelman and Mary Steenburgen are U. S. Americans  and  both were largely raised in the US (though Miss Collins was born in England). Also,   the younger Mr. McDowell's older sister is, in fact, named Lily [which, despite Miss Tomlin's lengthy career has been a somewhat rare name since the turn of the 19th century when flower names were in vogue for girls].  In any case, I hope they have a happy life together and have the emotional support from their family and friends. Congratulations Miss Collins and Mr. McDowell!

Lily isn't a rare name in the UK, it is really popular here and has been for a number of years. I know quite a few. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Llywela said:

Lily isn't a rare name in the UK, it is really popular here and has been for a number of years. I know quite a few. 

It’s also not a rare name on the US. I would consider it to be a pretty common name here. 

• Like 8

I looked it up and it seems that Lily HAS become a  very popular name in the last 30 years. However, during the era of Miss Collins's birth as well as her fiance's Mr. McDowell's namesake sister's birth over 30 years ago, it was comparatively rare!  So it seems that there's been a big surge in the name since it got used by the then-Phil Collinses and then Malcolm McDowells for their daughters!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Joe Montana and his wife confronted a woman who had broken into the house they were staying at and tried to kidnap their granddaughter.  They fought her off and pulled the baby out of her  arms.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-montana-reportedly-confronts-intruder-allegedly-kidnapping-grandchild-160352203.html

That's terrifying. Imagine if he wasn't there.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I looked it up and it seems that Lily HAS become a  very popular name in the last 30 years. However, during the era of Miss Collins's birth as well as her fiance's Mr. McDowell's namesake sister's birth over 30 years ago, it was comparatively rare!  So it seems that there's been a big surge in the name since it got used by the then-Phil Collinses and then Malcolm McDowells for their daughters!

I still wouldn’t consider it to be a rare name. It certainly wasn’t as popular as it is right now but it wasn’t particularly unusual or unique. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s surge in popularity in the 80’s was at least in part a result of baby girls being named after their grandmothers. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Joe Montana and his wife confronted a woman who had broken into the house they were staying at and tried to kidnap their granddaughter.  They fought her off and pulled the baby out of her  arms.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-montana-reportedly-confronts-intruder-allegedly-kidnapping-grandchild-160352203.html

Wow! Thank God they were able to stop the woman and save the baby.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Dani said:

It’s also not a rare name on the US. I would consider it to be a pretty common name here. 

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

I looked it up and it seems that Lily HAS become a  very popular name in the last 30 years. 

3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I suspect the Harry Potter series had an effect on the surge in popularity of the name Lily as well.

I think that Lily in the AT&T ads has made the name popular

At the risk of prolonging this discussion of baby names, Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara have named their newborn son River.   While I appreciate the sentiment, I think that's a lot to put on a baby.  I hope they use his middle name, which they haven't revealed.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.