Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

45 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

And Finally I was (and still am ) Team Jennifer Aniston Does Not Need To Have Babies, You MotherFuckers!

THIS!.gif.876f6a4b6466d31b7b4b530c31ff18df.gif

index.jpg.9ca9b0ac3d829e0a72b29843b35b03d4.jpg

• Like 13
  • Laugh 1

23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well it's just like I said above - women love to hate and attack other women, instead of calling men out on their shit. Long live the patriarchy.

Does she though - and I say this as one of those proud child-free women. I feel like she's afraid to fully own it and come out and be like Oprah and just say straight up, "no, I don't want kids and I've never wanted kids". And in my opinion, it's partly because of society's harsh judgments against women who make that choice. And again, trust me, I get it. I have so loved being called selfish at many points during my life. Oh and having my mental state questioned for this choice. 

But yeah I think those reasons and also because she firmly denied for years that not wanting children was a part of why her marriage ended. But YMMV, I've always believed despite what she said, that was one of the big reasons her and Brad's marriage was in trouble long before he met Angelina. No, it may not have been the final nail in the coffin - that was probably Angelina's existence but it was a big part of it, in my opinion. 

And despite the long standing belief that Brad morphs into his partners and so he was only gung-ho about children when he got with Angelina, there's video evidence of Brad before he was even dating Gwyneth Paltrow, talking about wanting like 8 kids one day. So it's not something he wasn't open about. And again, as someone who has never wanted children, I would never marry someone who did because in my opinion, that's too fundamentally a difference to ever work.  

I think Jen reps for us. There are different ways to be childfree- you can be out and loud like Oprah, you can be stately and refined like Ina Garten, you can be like Jen and just go out there and live your best childfree life because that’s how it happened. 

Im speaking in very heteronormative terms here- but I think GENERALLY (of course there are exceptions to everything), women are more definitive if they want kids or not, because 1. We have shorter reproductive live spans than men, 2. We have to expend more biological energy, 3. Childrearing is primarily a female job. There are a lot of men that are like “well if it happens it happens” rather than “OH YES I HAVE TO BE A DAD” or “fuck no- no kids for me”. 

I think Jen may have had a traditionally more male approach and been open to kids when she was younger, but got busy doing other things and realized it wasn’t for her. 

• Like 21

25 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Does she though - and I say this as one of those proud child-free women. I feel like she's afraid to fully own it and come out and be like Oprah and just say straight up, "no, I don't want kids and I've never wanted kids".

Why does she have to, though?  Her reproductive decisions are her (and any mate's) business and nobody else's.    She doesn't need to share those decisions, why she made them, or even if she made them or if they just happened, with anybody.

• Like 22

On 9/16/2020 at 4:02 AM, Llywela said:

Got to admit, I'm a little worried about Boyega at the moment. He has had some awful experiences and seems to be under so much stress 😞 

He does, and it sucks. That man is pure sunshine, and deserves only the best. I'm getting tired of seeing him getting treated so shitty. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why would you send a body guard to beat up the WOMEN?(not that beating anyone up is ever okay of course). I could see Cardi being upset and going to look for her husband, but wtf. 

Well it's just like I said above - women love to hate and attack other women, instead of calling men out on their shit. Long live the patriarchy.

Yep that HUSSY stole HER MAN.    The man CHOOSING to step out had nothing to do with it.   He would have been home changing diapers with her if not for that HUSSY.  

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6

7 hours ago, Katy M said:

Why does she have to, though?  Her reproductive decisions are her (and any mate's) business and nobody else's.    She doesn't need to share those decisions, why she made them, or even if she made them or if they just happened, with anybody.

No, she doesn't owe anyone those statements and it's not something I personally go around declaring loudly. And in Oprah's defense, it wasn't something she loudly declared at first either. But when she was asked about being almost 40 and did she have any plans for children (I believe it was by Barbara Walters), she stated honestly that it wasn't something she was ever interested in.

That's how and when people became aware that Oprah didn't want children. And yes, we can discuss that it's rude for women to even be asked that, as if their being almost 40 and not having kids is odd. But unfortunately, it's a sad reality of life, especially for a married woman. That the "when are you having kids" question come up. And unfortunately it did for Jennifer and to my knowledge, admittedly I may be wrong, she's never publicly said she simply doesn't want kids. 

Back when she and Brad first divorced, she was adamant that she never said she didn't want kids or ever gave any indication it wasn't something she wanted. Throughout the years she's certainly pushed the women don't have to have kids to be fulfilled, which is completely true. But anytime the issue of children has been brought up to her, she's never flatly just stated it's not something that she wanted. 

And to be clear again, it's not even a judgement against her but more so society, because I do think part of why she won't flatly say it, is because of the unfair judgments women who make that choice, get from others. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Does she though - and I say this as one of those proud child-free women. I feel like she's afraid to fully own it and come out and be like Oprah and just say straight up, "no, I don't want kids and I've never wanted kids". And in my opinion, it's partly because of society's harsh judgments against women who make that choice. And again, trust me, I get it. I have so loved being called selfish at many points during my life. Oh and having my mental state questioned for this choice. 

I don’t thing she’s afraid to say she doesn’t want kids. She’s been extremely open in interviews over the last few years. 

As for whether she’ll have her own children, Aniston is still uncertain. She admits the prospect always felt “quite honestly, kind of frightening.” She continues, “Some people are just built to be wives and have babies. I don’t know how naturally that comes to me.” But as in many aspects of her life, she’s still open to other possibilities. “Who knows what the future holds in terms of a child and a partnership— how that child comes in...or doesn’t? And now with science and miracles, we can do things at different times than we used to be able to.”

That might disappoint some but I love that she repeatedly points out that the fact that the question is even asked is sexist and wrong. 

“We live in a society that messages women: By this age, you should be married; by this age, you should have children,” Aniston says. “That’s a fairy tale. That’s the mold we’re slowly trying to break out of.”

“Maybe it has everything to do with what they’re lacking in their own life,” Aniston theorizes. Or maybe using marriage and children as the ultimate marker of female happiness is just another way to disempower successful women. “Why do we want a happy ending? How about just a happy existence? A happy process? We’re all in process constantly,” Aniston says. “What quantifies happiness in someone’s life isn’t the ideal that was created in the ’50s. It’s not like you hear that narrative about any men.” Men, of course, are allowed to continue merrily on their open-ended path to adventure. “That’s part of sexism—it’s always the woman who’s scorned and heartbroken and a spinster. It’s never the opposite. The unfortunate thing is, a lot of it comes from women,” she says. “Maybe those are women who haven’t figured out that they have the power, that they have the ability to achieve a sense of inner happiness.”

• Like 18

6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

there's video evidence of Brad before he was even dating Gwyneth Paltrow, talking about wanting like 8 kids one day. So it's not something he wasn't open about. And again, as someone who has never wanted children, I would never marry someone who did because in my opinion, that's too fundamentally a difference to ever work.

Well that makes it interesting that he'd ever marry Jen in the first place, unless she made her no kids decision after they got married. Love can conquer, well, some things, but one thing it cannot conquer is one person wanting children and one person not wanting children. No one who is ambivalent about having children should be pressured by a spouse into having them and no one who has the desire to be a parent should have to give that up because their spouse doesn't. You can agree no to talk about politics or religion if you have differing views, but kids, that's a deal breaker. Honestly, it should be one of the first things a couple talks about when they're getting serious. 

I am one of those "crazy" women who never wanted children. When asked why I would honestly say that I don't like children. I understand their need to exist or we as a species would die out, but I don't want to be anywhere near them. Then they would always say the most disturbing thing ever "You'll feel different when you have your own." 

Now, maybe I will, but what is that poor kids life going to be if I have it and still hate children? Why would you wish that on some theoretical child? WTF is wrong with people? 

OK, rant over. 

I totally agree with the assessment that Brad basically becomes whoever he is with so I could see him deciding he didn't actually want kids when his relationship with Jen was new and exciting and he was trying to get in her pants. But then Angie shows up and she's all "I want a zillion babies from all over the world" and Brad's biological clock started ringing so loud he couldn't do anything but pull Little Brad out and get cracking on making some babies!

He was the one who cheated, Angie was just stupid enough to think things would be different. Never marry a guy who cheated on his wife with you. No matter how special he says you are, and how magical his love for you is, in the beginning he said the same shit to her. If Jen knew he wanted kids when they got married and she didn't, then the score is: two stupid women and one stupid cheating asshole. No winners. 

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I totally agree with the assessment that Brad basically becomes whoever he is with so I could see him deciding he didn't actually want kids when his relationship with Jen was new and exciting and he was trying to get in her pants. But then Angie shows up and she's all "I want a zillion babies from all over the world" and Brad's biological clock started ringing so loud he couldn't do anything but pull Little Brad out and get cracking on making some babies!

He was the one who cheated, Angie was just stupid enough to think things would be different. Never marry a guy who cheated on his wife with you. No matter how special he says you are, and how magical his love for you is, in the beginning he said the same shit to her. If Jen knew he wanted kids when they got married and she didn't, then the score is: two stupid women and one stupid cheating asshole. No winners. 

Wait, Brad cheated on Angelina? I thought they got a divorce because he was a violent alcoholic. 

1 minute ago, topanga said:

Wait, Brad cheated on Angelina? I thought they got a divorce because he was a violent alcoholic. 

I don't know that he did, but I wouldn't be surprised. It would actually be preferable to violent alcoholic IMO. It's more the idea that if he can cheat on his first wife he can cheat on you too. IDK if he did or not. Don't much care but sorry for the confusion. 

• Laugh 4

25 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

He was the one who cheated, Angie was just stupid enough to think things would be different. Never marry a guy who cheated on his wife with you. No matter how special he says you are, and how magical his love for you is, in the beginning he said the same shit to her.

I don’t think Angie was ever the stupid and naive other women. She’s not responsible for “stealing” (such a stupid term) Brad but she does seem to have a pretty flexible moral code as far as relationships go. She has talked about falling in love with an actress while she was married to Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton was engaged when she began seeing him. 

• Like 17

7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jen reps for us. There are different ways to be childfree. I think Jen may have had a traditionally more male approach and been open to kids when she was younger, but got busy doing other things and realized it wasn’t for her. 

That's the vibe I get. I think Jennifer probably thought it would happen, but then she got busy, her next marriage wasn't with a family guy, and she made it to the end of her natural childbearing years and realized she had no desire to make having a child happen either through science or adoption. 

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

That's the vibe I get. I think Jennifer probably thought it would happen, but then she got busy, her next marriage wasn't with a family guy, and she made it to the end of her natural childbearing years and realized she had no desire to make having a child happen either through science or adoption. 

Yes. She and Justin Theroux are separated but not divorced- I wonder what the story is there?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, topanga said:

There's been no evidence he did. When Angelina first filed for divorce, a decision that blindsided Brad, per his statement, the tabloids tried to create some narrative about him and Marion Coitillard, who he was starring with in a film that was coming out right on the heels of the separation announcement.

All parties strongly denied it and even Harvey Levin from TMZ came out and stated that there was nothing supporting any affair or cheating being the cause of the split. And instead it was issues within the relationship, which we later found out, was namely Brad's drinking. In Brad's defense, other than the Jen split/Angelina relationship, he's never really had a reputation for being a cheater. 

Neither he or Gwyneth Paltrow have ever said specifically why their engagement ended, but Gwyneth has hinted in many ways throughout the years that it was all on her, which some believe means she cheated on him. 

10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. She and Justin Theroux are separated but not divorced- I wonder what the story is there?

Well if you believe online gossip, it's because they were never actually married. I remember there being a whole thing, with TMZ reporting that they couldn't find any record of their ever filing a marriage license. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well if you believe online gossip, it's because they were never actually married. I remember there being a whole thing, with TMZ reporting that they couldn't find any record of their ever filing a marriage license.

Ah! Interesting. 

Late to the party, but I think its hilarious that Justine Bateman and Kirstie Alley, two actors who became famous for appearing on two of the whitest shows of the eighties, have somehow injected themselves in the debate about diversity in Hollywood.

• Like 17
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I remember reading that but I wouldn’t put much credence in it. TMZ couldn’t find a record in LA but they could have easily gotten the license in another county. 

It wouldn’t be hard for a celebrity to get married and divorced without the press getting the records if they really wanted. 

19 hours ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

Here is the Instagram post:

Aw, how sweet.  She's literally barefoot and pregnant, wearing an ethereal, Madonna-ish gown.  <eyeroll>

• Laugh 12

12 hours ago, xaxat said:

Late to the party, but I think its hilarious that Justine Bateman and Kirstie Alley, two actors who became famous for appearing on two of the whitest shows of the eighties, have somehow injected themselves in the debate about diversity in Hollywood.

All that's missing is Marla Gibb's Florence schooling them. That'll be worth the price of the admission.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

On 9/14/2020 at 7:09 AM, Irlandesa said:

I think back to Lorne Michaels who is no stranger to criticism when it comes to diversity but it was even louder a few years back when he didn't have any black women cast members to play black women on SNL.  Finally, the black man who would be put in women's clothing pretty much said he was going to stop doing it.  So Lorne was forced to look with intention for black women to hire and lo and behold, when he widened the search, he found some including one who became a breakout star.

Who's the black man you're talking about? I'm assuming the woman is Maya Rudolph? I think Tim Meadows and Tracy Morgan were there when she started?

2 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Who's the black man you're talking about? I'm assuming the woman is Maya Rudolph? I think Tim Meadows and Tracy Morgan were there when she started?

Kenan Thompson is the man and I'm guessing Leslie Jones is the woman since she started in 2014.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, janie jones said:

21 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Kenan Thompson is the man and I'm guessing Leslie Jones is the woman since she started in 2014.

Yep.  Leslie didn't start on air.  She and another woman were hired as writers. Sasheer Zamata was the woman who was immediately put on air but Leslie eventually appeared on Weekend Update in May of 2014 (had to look at Wikipedia to remember the dates).  Her segment got a lot of buzz and she was moved to on screen in the next season.

Amber Ruffin also auditioned around that time and didn't get either of those roles but Seth Meyers hired her as a writer for his show pretty quickly after she didn't get it. I do think Seth knew Amber from earlier in their careers so she may have gotten the call anyway but those auditions led to three women getting jobs on shows Michaels produced.

But basically, when Lorne Michaels worked harder to find people--he found people who were successful.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Dejana said:

They have a one year old together and other children from their prior marriages.

This annoys me. Why do people rush into marriage? What's wrong with living together a few years, getting to properly know each other? Yeah, the love at first sight/whirlwind courtship is glamorous and makes a great story, but it so often seems to fail. Okay, maybe there were other factors they couldn't predict. I'm not a big believer in marriage anyway. But it still annoys me.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Anduin said:

This annoys me. Why do people rush into marriage? What's wrong with living together a few years, getting to properly know each other? Yeah, the love at first sight/whirlwind courtship is glamorous and makes a great story, but it so often seems to fail. Okay, maybe there were other factors they couldn't predict. I'm not a big believer in marriage anyway. But it still annoys me.

I’m more on the lines of “why do you have kids with people you barely know” especially when you have other children from a previous relationship. I’m in no way suggesting single parents can’t date,  have sex and have adult companionship, but why keep bringing people into your children’s lives???

That just makes things so messy. 

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m more on the lines of “why do you have kids with people you barely know” especially when you have other children from a previous relationship. I’m in no way suggesting single parents can’t date,  have sex and have adult companionship, but why keep bringing people into your children’s lives???

That just makes things so messy. 

ITA. My best guess, some people are just dumb.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

32 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Probably fear of being alone. Plus it’s easier to convince yourself that your ex was the problem if you can immediately find the “perfect person”. I’ve come to realize that people are very good at deluding themselves. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

What's wrong with living together a few years, getting to properly know each other?

I agree that you should properly get to know each other before marrying, but if you're going to live together you might as well be married.  

• Like 9

Sad for the kids involved in the Anstead split.    I wondered how things were going when the new house was put only in Christina's name, (Ant transferred it to her).     

I always considered her remarrying, and having a baby so quickly after as a big F.U. to Tarek, since the little boy with him required a lot of medical help, and it took two years to have a successful pregnancy.    I bet they really separated last month, when they claimed they were stopping the social media circus, or at least Ant did.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I agree that you should properly get to know each other before marrying, but if you're going to live together you might as well be married.  

Except for all the legal ramifications from marrying someone too soon that don’t exist when you just live with someone too soon. 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Dani said:

Except for all the legal ramifications from marrying someone too soon that don’t exist when you just live with someone too soon. 

Yeah, but my point was, why not get to know each other without moving in together.   Moving in together too soon is also rushing.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, but my point was, why not get to know each other without moving in together.   Moving in together too soon is also rushing.

Well, there are plenty of people who believe you can’t really get to know a person until you live with them. 

• Like 6

Based admittedly on nothing in particular Christina always struck me as a high maintenance, high demand woman with expensive tastes in everything

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Well, there are plenty of people who believe you can’t really get to know a person until you live with them. 

Hoo boy, yes - no matter what the nature of the relationship (just like a good romantic partner with whom you spend lots of happy time is not necessarily going to be a good match for cohabitation, a good friend with whom you spend lots of happy time is not necessarily going to be a good roommate).  Finding out whether you can live together is part of the process.

I didn't know who these people were by name, but now I get it - she's the woman from that house flipping show (with her then-husband) who did the same damn thing every time.  Of course, most designers on HGTV do the same damn thing every time.  She bugged me, and I quit watching; I never saw her solo show, because I figured it would be more of the same.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Anduin said:

Agree- and, perhaps I'm totally wrong but it seems to me that Mrs. Anstead has a pattern of going from totally enthralled and gaga about her husband at the time to virtually instantly being OVER said husband. I know there can be a thin line between love and hate but surely there has to be some happy medium. Well, regardless, I hope they truly DO mean what they say about the kids being their priority- his, hers and theirs but it's going to be quite the challenge! 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Anduin said:

Why do people rush into marriage? What's wrong with living together a few years, getting to properly know each other?

I think age is a factor for women.  If they met, became truly infatuated and thought they wanted to have a kid together, I could see them deciding to just go for it. 

And I do think this whole pandemic has put stress on marriages. 

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I always considered her remarrying, and having a baby so quickly after as a big F.U. to Tarek, since the little boy with him required a lot of medical help, and it took two years to have a successful pregnancy. 

And Tarek basically responded to his wife's pregnancy by moving from "I don't see myself getting married" to a whirlwind, heavily Instagrammed and paparazzi'd, relationship with Heather from Selling Sunset.  Who knows?  Maybe their engagement was a response to Christina's split?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

As much as I don't think Miss Loughlin should have had ANY say-so re when or where her sentence was to occur (inasmuch as few other prisoners get that option), I think it was more likely that this was done to the complications of the corona virus and how quickly it can spread in confined populations (prisons, hospitals, nursing homes,etc.)  than had the corona virus never happened. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Blergh said:

As much as I don't think Miss Loughlin should have had ANY say-so re when or where her sentence was to occur (inasmuch as few other prisoners get that option), I think it was more likely that this was done to the complications of the corona virus and how quickly it can spread in confined populations (prisons, hospitals, nursing homes,etc.)  than had the corona virus never happened. 

I think Loughlin wanted Victorville because of COVID but I doubt that played a part in the decision (unless they want her to catch it). There are a lot of better choices if the goal was to protect inmates from the virus. I just hope they deny her inevitable compassionate release request. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Based admittedly on nothing in particular Christina always struck me as a high maintenance, high demand woman with expensive tastes in everything

She always seemed to me like someone for whom it is very important to keep up appearances.

I only watch these people's shows if there's nothing else on, but from what I saw, the fact that the new guy was willing to jump on her show when they were only dating made it seem to me like he was with her for the publicity. (Publicity for what, I don't know. I don't know what his business ventures are or if he's just a famewhore.)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

My hubby watches Ant's car shows and when I told him they were divorcing, he said he wasn't surprised because they both are "drama queens." lol

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

5 hours ago, Katmai said:

My hubby watches Ant's car shows and when I told him they were divorcing, he said he wasn't surprised because they both are "drama queens." lol

I know nothing at all about Ant but certainly see that with her.  

I do recall one if her tweets on an anniversary with any going on and on like a schoolgirl about their love and how great they were as a couple 

Which, fine, whatever, I don't care except for the fact that their great epic love lasted only a few years I guess

• Like 3

On 9/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jen reps for us. There are different ways to be childfree- you can be out and loud like Oprah, you can be stately and refined like Ina Garten, you can be like Jen and just go out there and live your best childfree life because that’s how it happened. 

Im speaking in very heteronormative terms here- but I think GENERALLY (of course there are exceptions to everything), women are more definitive if they want kids or not, because 1. We have shorter reproductive live spans than men, 2. We have to expend more biological energy, 3. Childrearing is primarily a female job. There are a lot of men that are like “well if it happens it happens” rather than “OH YES I HAVE TO BE A DAD” or “fuck no- no kids for me”. 

I think Jen may have had a traditionally more male approach and been open to kids when she was younger, but got busy doing other things and realized it wasn’t for her. 

This is me.  When I was in my 20's, I thought, "Eh, I'll probably have a kid when I'm 30."  Well, 30 came and went, and I realized I was perfectly fine without kids.  I didn't think about it much when I was younger, but when it came time to actually make a decision, I realized I liked my life the way it was, so I didn't change it.  Some of us who are childfree have to learn that about ourselves, so I agree that Jen represents us just as much as someone like Oprah does.  It takes all sorts, after all.

• Like 19

I hope the soon-to-be ex Mrs. Anstead learns that it's better not to publicly gush to the nth degree   about one's spouse if  one doesn't want to appear to be  either a hypocrite or a laughingstock should things go kablooey! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I hope the soon-to-be ex Mrs. Anstead learns that it's better not to publicly gush to the nth degree   about one's spouse if  one doesn't want to appear to be  either a hypocrite or a laughingstock should things go kablooey! 

Also, when people do publicly gush, my response is always, "Who you are you trying to convince? Me or yourself?"

• Like 21
  • Laugh 1

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.