Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

18 hours ago, Blergh said:

SunnyBeBe,

Even if what you are claiming could be the case for Miss Spears is true, why on earth should Mr. Spears( who,  by his own testimony, has 'a strained relationship' with his daughter, was accused of physical assault against one of his daughter's minor sons AND almost certainly was a contributing factor to her mental issues due to having raised her if not exploited her from an early age) by the one to hold the reins? What evidence have you found that have   Mr. Spears has done all or any of what you believe should be done on her behalf? If Miss Spears MUST somehow still merit conservatorship all these years after the breakdown (in spite of having resumed becoming a productive citizen), then the court should appoint someone who does NOT have all these conflicts and vested interests! 

The Court can only choose from so many people.   Who else is there?   Her mother?    Who has never indicated she wants the job.   How do we know that all the things Sunny Be said are happening?   Because although we do not know it, there is at least a yearly accounting of funds TO THE COURT.   Which the court reviews, if there are ANY questions, trust me they follow up.    The allegations of abuse were reviewed BY THE COURT in the conservatorship.   They continued it.   The court appoints an attorney to represent Ms. Spears' interest so that its not just her dad appearing in court saying everything is hunky dory.    There were probably mental health evaluations and medical reports.

The courts don't appoint a conservator then walk away never to do anything again.     There have been reviews of the conservatorship, all of which have resulted in continuing the conservatorship.   The court makes NOTHING off the conservatorship so they have no vested interest in continuing it.   (unlike probation where there are fines and fees).    That's how we need its still needed.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The courts don't appoint a conservator then walk away never to do anything again.     There have been reviews of the conservatorship, all of which have resulted in continuing the conservatorship. 

Amanda Bynes parents tried for conservator-ship for her a few times before they got one. The last article I read it said that she still had a conservator but her estate one had ended.  From her parents struggles it's not so easy to get one and then keep it. We don't know what is wrong with Britney but I don't doubt that it is serious. 

• Like 8

There HAVE been cases where those who had been judged mentally ill and/or insane by the courts actually were NOT and that those who had been appointed their conservators were actually defrauding and otherwise using their positions to take advantage of those deemed 'mentally ill' (and it's not so easy for someone who has been legally tagged that to prove they no longer are- including those who may not have actually ever been).

I don't claim to know what's going on behind the scenes in the Spears case but IF time tells     that palms were greased and those who were supposed to look out for Miss Spears's interests  did NOT do their duties and have everything reviewed on schedule and thoroughly heard all sides etc., it wouldn't come as a total surprise to me because these things HAVE happened to others in the past! 

And I will NEVER  be convinced that Mr. Spears is the ideal person to look out for her for reasons I have mentioned (even if Miss Spears actually DOES need a conservator). 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 6

That Sean Penn has something special.  He's like a lady magnet.  I've never seen it, but, apparently, he's still hot. lol  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Sean Penn aged 59 has confirmed that he and the 28-year-old Leila George have actually tied the knot!  : WHY?! Does she truly believe HE was worth forsaking all others for the rest of her life?

What rest of her life? He's more than twice her age; if they don't get divorced she'll probably be a rich widow by her mid-40s and able to date anyone else she wants.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 7

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That Sean Penn has something special.  He's like a lady magnet.  I've never seen it, but, apparently, he's still hot. lol  

Yeah, I don’t get it either. I find nothing attractive about him, looks, personality or acting. But he clearly floats some people’s boats.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Yeah, I don’t get it either. I find nothing attractive about him, looks, personality or acting. But he clearly floats some people’s boats.

Todd in the Shadows pointed out that one of the saddest movie scenes ever is in the 1991 Madonna documentary Truth or Dare. She and some friends are playing, well, Truth or Dare, Madonna picks truth, and she is asked who the love of her life has been. Madonna's answer?

"My whole life? Sean."

Yeah, it was 3 decades ago, I am fairly positive Madonna has moved on completely, but still, Todd's words exactly: That poor, poor woman.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Yeah, it was 3 decades ago, I am fairly positive Madonna has moved on completely,

I don't know about that. Because a few years ago, after her divorce from Guy Ritchie and Sean Penn's breakup with Robin Wright, there was a whole period of them all up in each other's lives, to the point that Madonna's son Rocco was taking humanitarian trips with Sean, without Madonna present. 

And I remember a little after Madonna had Lourdes, an interviewer brought up that quote about Sean and asked her if it was still true and she deflected by saying, "my daughter is the love of my life". Which I'm sure is true but not exactly a denial that she didn't still love Sean. 

Not to mention that she still covers for him regarding how physically volatile their marriage was. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Sad 1

Sean Penn's new wife Leila George has famous parents:  Vincent D'Onofrio and Greta Scacchi. Vincent D'Onofrio is now Sean Penn's father-in-law?! That's wild...

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 22

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I don't know about that. Because a few years ago, after her divorce from Guy Ritchie and Sean Penn's breakup with Robin Wright, there was a whole period of them all up in each other's lives, to the point that Madonna's son Rocco was taking humanitarian trips with Sean, without Madonna present. 

And I remember a little after Madonna had Lourdes, an interviewer brought up that quote about Sean and asked her if it was still true and she deflected by saying, "my daughter is the love of my life". Which I'm sure is true but not exactly a denial that she didn't still love Sean. 

Not to mention that she still covers for him regarding how physically volatile their marriage was. 

Earlier in this thread, people brought up the rumours that they were reconciling at this time period, as she shocked everybody by performing True Blue, which she almost never does. If it is true, it looks like Madonna came to her senses. 

• Like 1

Vincent D'Onofrio is now Sean Penn's father-in-law?

Bet they'll do a movie or TV miniseries together now. That would be amazing.

• Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Dejana said:

Sean Penn's new wife Leila George has famous parents:  Vincent D'Onofrio and Greta Scacchi. Vincent D'Onofrio is now Sean Penn's father-in-law?! That's wild...

Her father is Vincent D'Onofrio - that explains Leila's marriage to Sean Penn.

They are both volatile men.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

5 hours ago, Dejana said:

Plus she has a daughter-in-law who's a year older than her. My favorite part of the article is the photo of her with Penn in which she looks like she’s dragging her grumpy father somewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Wow she looks a lot like Greta Scacchi did.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

What rest of her life? He's more than twice her age; if they don't get divorced she'll probably be a rich widow by her mid-40s and able to date anyone else she wants.

Tanya Thicke says hi! I've peeped her Instagram and so far no young stud but I'm sure that'll happen in the next couple of years.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Laugh 2

34 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Tanya Thicke says hi! I've peeped her Instagram and so far no young stud but I'm sure that'll happen in the next couple of years.

He’s been dead for four years so maybe that’s not really her grand plan.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

It will not last. She'll ask for a prenuptial agreement, anyway.

Little late for that if they already married.    Right now, why would she agree to a postnup?   She gets half of everything if they divorce, a post-nup would limit that.   

51 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Little late for that if they already married.    Right now, why would she agree to a postnup?   She gets half of everything if they divorce, a post-nup would limit that.   

The dude is on his third marriage and legit has committed a shit ton of time and money to on the ground charity work including living for huge chunks of time in helping Haiti’s recovery over years. I think two things his wealth isn’t as crazy as people are imagining and two he is smart enough to lock it down. This wasn’t a surprise wedding to them, they have been dating for four years, it was a “surprise” to the public. 

She is 28 and knows that she lives with a dude who literally can’t get through a 10 minute interview without smoking and spends a good amount of time living in a tent, I am sure she is good with it.

I think she looks  a lot like her mom and her dad! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Macbeth said:

How so?  I recall the various characters that D'Onofrio has played over the years who were quite dramatic, but, I wasn't aware of him actually being violent. 

• Like 9

I've heard entitled primadonna set rumors, but not anything about him being abusive in his personal life.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Mario Lopez says Saved By The Bell Reboot Is Both "Edgier" and "Hipper" Than Original

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/saved-by-the-bell-revival-edgier-hipper-mario-lopez/

No Lisa Turtle. Booo!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/19/entertainment/lark-voorhies-hurt-trnd/index.html

Lark Voorhies has struggled with her mental health issues, but she's still a beautiful woman. They could have given her a small role. It's not Shakespeare. 

1475443340_MV5BMjI1MzgyMzE3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc1MDQ4Nw@@._V1_UY317_CR100214317_AL_-1.jpg.ed13cfe5b29329d6bc1d635fab346345.jpg

lark-voorhies-left-out-sbtb-reboot.jpg.e325a2f682ec9aff4a2b4f0152287dec.jpg

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

I wondered why they never bothered with her. She would have been game then.

I wonder if her religion had anything to do with it. She’s a pretty devout Jehovah’s Witness. That combined with her mental health struggles may have burned some bridges. 

• Useful 6

Jake  Paul is a big name in YouTube circles, although he's pretty much a total douchecanoe.  Well, this morning, the FBI raided his Southern California home with multiple armed men riding on the outside of attack vehicles.  No explanation as to what they're looking for.  Apparently he wasn't home.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/08/05/fbi-raids-calabasas-home-of-youtube-star-jake-paul/

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 4

So, is this a REAL investigation or just a bunch of BS?  Now, Tony, former DJ on Ellen agrees the workplace was toxic. I recall when he left and I thought it was strange.  He hasn't said he left the show due to issues, but, it seemed odd, even then.  He's working now, so, that's good. He has no reason to support those who are protesting the issues alleged against the show.  To me, he has a lot of credibility.  He was on the show for quite a few years.  He and Ellen seemed cordial on air.  

https://people.com/tv/former-ellen-show-dj-did-experience-toxicity-talk-show/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/entertainment/katy-perry-defends-ellen-degeneres/index.html

And, Katy Perry supporting Ellen........omg.  I really don't want to diss a lady near her due date, but, she needs to back off.  I had to stop watching American Idol due to the horrible, inappropriate, distasteful behavior exhibited by Ms. Perry as a judge on the show.  I used to be a fan.  Her behavior was so bad.....multiple times that I was embarrassed for her.  Her endorsement means nothing, in my eyes.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And, Katy Perry supporting Ellen........omg.  I really don't want to diss a lady near her due date, but, she needs to back off.  I had to stop watching American Idol due to the horrible, inappropriate, distasteful behavior exhibited by Ms. Perry as a judge on the show.  I used to be a fan.  Her behavior was so bad.....multiple times that I was embarrassed for her.  Her endorsement means nothing, in my eyes.  

What did she do?  I didn't watch post Simon Cowell.  I didn't watch much before that for that matter.  

Nobody's endorsement means anything in my eyes.  Nobody knows anybody else completely.  Plus, I'm pretty sure nobody cares what I think anyway.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

What did she do?  I didn't watch post Simon Cowell.  I didn't watch much before that for that matter.  

Nobody's endorsement means anything in my eyes.  Nobody knows anybody else completely.  Plus, I'm pretty sure nobody cares what I think anyway.

I don’t know if the allegations are accurate and I’m trying to keep an open mind, but I would appreciate a fair investigation. 

Ref. Katy Perry.  This is what I observed of her on AI as a judge.  I used to be a fan. She  repeatedly acted overly attracted to some of the young male contestants, fawning over them, swooning, making suggestive comments, displaying blatant and overt favoritism for these particular young men as if she was a school girl and these were boys her own age.   I was shocked she never seemed to get called out for it. It was unfair to the young men, as well as the other contestants who were not, handsome, young men.  It put the young men she fawned over in a very uncomfortable situation. It went beyond normal behavior.  That was my take on it and it told me that she has zero judgment. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I know.  It's not just Katy Perry. It's every A-lister (or B-lister) who has come out to say that they were always treated well at Ellen's without acknowledging that she had good reasons to be nice to them.  Katy is famous.  She has money.  She has fans.  Ellen wouldn't have guests if she treated the ones she hoped to have back as bad as she is rumored to have treated her staff, waiters, service people...etc.

It's like when I told a co-worker in college that our boss inappropriately touched me and he was all "I've never seen him be inappropriate."  Well of course not, you're a dude.  He's not going to grab your ass.

Perfectly said. It’s the definition of privilege. I’ve even seen some like Ashton Kutcher double down about how their also talking about their support people. So clueless. 

It probably won’t happen but I love it if some of the celebrities who had super awkward interviews with Ellen came forward. Ellen has had a ridiculous number of moments where she put her guests in uncomfortable situations. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 13

I hadn't seen any of his movies (well, maybe Fast Times) so I had no affection for him or his work when I heard about the Madonna abuse stories. He's been trash to me ever since regardless of whatever work he does in crisis zones. Also, I know people say he's a good actor but the movies I'm aware of seem very Oscar bait-y (in a bad way) and I'm guessing they haven't aged well.

You see, I think he said that because there is a transgendered teenager among the cast. That's the whole reason behind it, among other things.

That's rich since I distinctly remember all of this nonsense. https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/mario-lopez-says-it-s-dangerous-parents-support-transgender-kids-n1037276

Ref. Katy Perry.  This is what I observed of her on AI as a judge. 

I'm not saying it's right for anyone to act like this but this is pretty much the role that many female judges have played since Paula Abdul. Nicole Scherzinger always does this. Christina Aguilera was kind of like that too (though she had too much ego to really fawn over anyone else). Carrie Ann Inaba is like this all the time. I haven't watched reality singing competitions much in the last few years but they definitely cast for the role of "highly sexed female judge who fawns over the male contestants." Slight benefit of the doubt that this is all an act simply because it has been repeated over and over on so many shows after Paula set the template. 

I know.  It's not just Katy Perry. It's every A-lister (or B-lister) who has come out to say that they were always treated well at Ellen's without acknowledging that she had good reasons to be nice to them.  Katy is famous.  She has money.  She has fans.  Ellen wouldn't have guests if she treated the ones she hoped to have back as bad as she is rumored to have treated her staff, waiters, service people...etc.

From the stories I've heard she's been rude (or at least doesn't go out of her way to be nice) to certain celebrities off screen. I think it just depends who she likes and feels like making the effort for. Sure, it's easier to treat underlings poorly. But she's not great to all her guests either. If it was just about the staff, I think it would be easier to sweep under the rug. 

• Like 10

Katy Perry is the one who kissed a teenager (without even asking) who told her he'd never kissed a girl, right?  I just remember that being icky and it still colors my opinion of her.  That kid did not look flattered, impressed, or even very happy about it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

I hadn't seen any of his movies (well, maybe Fast Times) so I had no affection for him or his work when I heard about the Madonna abuse stories. He's been trash to me ever since regardless of whatever work he does in crisis zones

I think he looked his best in "U turn". His hair was longer and he still looked like Sean Penn but it was a good version. But I agree, there is no looking past what he did to Madonna. His five yearly rants about the Oscars not going to the best people are tiresome too. It's like- are you new here? We all know they're a political joke and have pretty much always been and you're not enlightening us. Also- you tied up your wife and hit her with a bat. Sit the hell down.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Katy Perry is the one who kissed a teenager (without even asking) who told her he'd never kissed a girl, right?  I just remember that being icky and it still colors my opinion of her.  That kid did not look flattered, impressed, or even very happy about it.

Yes and he was definitely not okay with it. 

“I was a tad bit uncomfortable,” Mr. Glaze said by phone this week, after the incident aired on the season premiere. His first kiss was a rite of passage he had been putting off with consideration. “I wanted to save it for my first relationship,” he said. “I wanted it to be special.”

“Would I have done it if she said, ‘Would you kiss me?’ No, I would have said no,” he said. “I know a lot of guys would be like, ‘Heck yeah!’ But for me, I was raised in a conservative family and I was uncomfortable immediately. I wanted my first kiss to be special.”

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Sad 9

Yes, that.  I remember that people kind of brushed off his discomfort and feeling that if she had been a male adult and he'd been a girl people would have lost it.  Stupid double standard.

• Like 18

Oooh that makes me really angry. It's not cute and if a man did it to a young woman it would be called sexual harassment so let's call it what it is. 

• Like 22

13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t know if the allegations are accurate and I’m trying to keep an open mind, but I would appreciate a fair investigation. 

Ref. Katy Perry.  This is what I observed of her on AI as a judge.  I used to be a fan. She  repeatedly acted overly attracted to some of the young male contestants, fawning over them, swooning, making suggestive comments, displaying blatant and overt favoritism for these particular young men as if she was a school girl and these were boys her own age.   I was shocked she never seemed to get called out for it. It was unfair to the young men, as well as the other contestants who were not, handsome, young men.  It put the young men she fawned over in a very uncomfortable situation. It went beyond normal behavior.  That was my take on it and it told me that she has zero judgment. 

I remember when she tricked the contestant who had never kissed anyone before into kissing her.  She asked for a kiss on the cheek and then turned her head at the last minute to make it a kiss on the lips.  I thought that was offensive.  If a male judge had done that to a female contestant that they would have been called on it. She stole his first kiss and was so smug about it. The guy was nice about it but when she’s the one in power over whether or not he gets ahead in the competition it makes sense he would feel he had to be good natured about it.

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Like 14
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm not saying it's right for anyone to act like this but this is pretty much the role that many female judges have played since Paula Abdul. Nicole Scherzinger always does this. Christina Aguilera was kind of like that too (though she had too much ego to really fawn over anyone else). Carrie Ann Inaba is like this all the time. I haven't watched reality singing competitions much in the last few years but they definitely cast for the role of "highly sexed female judge who fawns over the male contestants." Slight benefit of the doubt that this is all an act simply because it has been repeated over and over on so many shows after Paula set the template. 

Cat Deely on So You Think You Can Dance.  I think Cat is one of the better hosts, but she makes me uncomfortable on the male dancers' behalf sometimes because she tends to take it too far with some contestants. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Katy did get called on it.  I remember because I stopped watching American Idol a long time ago and I remember people pointing out how wrong it was. 

But there was also a lot of "yeah...whatever, it's just a kiss and it's KATY PERRY!" surrounding that "not cool."  And I don't think she ever apologized. 

But I think the controversy died down because even though the guy said he hadn't expected it and was a little uncomfortable, he didn't feel harassed or like a victim.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Katy did get called on it.  I remember because I stopped watching American Idol a long time ago and I remember people pointing out how wrong it was. 

But there was also a lot of "yeah...whatever, it's just a kiss and it's KATY PERRY!" surrounding that "not cool."  And I don't think she ever apologized. 

But I think the controversy died down because even though the guy said he hadn't expected it and was a little uncomfortable, he didn't feel harassed or like a victim.

Sometimes, young people don't immediately recognize when a person has taken improper steps.  How old was this guy? I'd have to research to see the ages of the young men that I witnessed her act improperly with, but, they were quite young. Regardless, of who she is, her behavior was over the line, imo.  I'm shocked they kept her on the show. I would think that the other judges were embarrassed too.  I would suspect that it was said to all be in fun and for entertainment purposes.  Which doesn't help the matter at all. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How old was this guy?

He was 19. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

11 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She was very active during that time period when she thought she was dying.  Guess she's a real trooper.

What was she doing?

Edited by Irlandesa

2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

What was she doing?

She was defending Joe Biden.  She was tweeting.  She took a "wear a mask" picture and then had to tweetstorm out defense of herself for wearing a crocheted mask.  She's been plannign aWho's the Boss reboot. I'm not saying she's been doing anything superstrenuous.  But, she's been keeping up on her social media pretty consistently.  If she were really at death's door, it seems like she wouldn't have bothered. Or that she would have mentioned not feeling well.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Yeah, I recall Miss Milano's mask! It was something like trying to use a chain-link fence to keep out mosquitoes. In any case, I'm glad she's doing better now and maybe has learned a lesson which she'd like others to consider without having to go through what she herself seems to have gone through! 

• Like 3

Giant Misfit

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.