Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On 2/16/2020 at 8:43 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

She resembles Miley Cyrus in a lot of those photos. 

I'm still not sure if this is for real.  VERY bizarre. The first time, I've ever seen this model.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/19/unibrowed-model-sophia-hadjipanteli-takes-london-fashion-week-by-storm/#1

• Useful 1

28 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm still not sure if this is for real.  VERY bizarre. The first time, I've ever seen this model.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/19/unibrowed-model-sophia-hadjipanteli-takes-london-fashion-week-by-storm/#1

She dyes her eyebrows black to make them look that way, she's a natural blonde. I'm not sure she hasn't added hair to them either. I've seen photos of her with the unibrow, but without them looking so bushy.

• Surprise 4

From USA Today‘Mamma Mia,’ ‘Harry Potter’ Actress Julie Walters Reveals Battle with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer

The actress was also a Best Actress Oscar nominee, years ago, for her role in a movie whose name unfortunately escapes me right now. She may actually have multiple Oscar nominations; I also can’t remember that right now either.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a missing single quote mark.
  • Sad 13

10 minutes ago, dalek said:

Educating Rita?

Yep. I just remembered it & was coming over to post it. Thanks. But it feels like she maybe had another Oscar nomination for something else. I keep thinking it was for that movie that had the Phil Collins cover of A Groovy Kind of Love in it &/or on the soundtrack. I think the movie’s name was Buster, & she might’ve been nominated as Supporting Actress instead of Best Actress. I guess I should go Google to see if I’m right.

• Like 3

I was right on the Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination! But it was in 2001, for Billy Elliott... which wasn’t the movie with Phil Collins’ cover of A Groovy Kind of Love in it or on the soundtrack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

From USA Today‘Mamma Mia,’ ‘Harry Potter’ Actress Julie Walters Reveals Battle with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer

The actress was also a Best Actress Oscar nominee, years ago, for her role in a movie whose name unfortunately escapes me right now. She may actually have multiple Oscar nominations; I also can’t remember that right now either.

That’s too bad.

7 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Educating Rita with the divine Michael Caine.  She was also hilarious in Personal Services where she played a woman who became a madame taking care of the 'special needs" of middle-aged government workers.  Terry Jones directed and he died just a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

Pamela Anderson makes me so sad. She'll do things like downsize her implants or cut her hair short to try and move beyond her 90's sex bomb look, but then she'll immediately revert back to it because she can't let go.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm not surprised, because you knew that would happen.

Why did the fiancee take him back?   I wouldn't.   Dude, dumped her married Pamela Anderson for like 10 seconds then said "baby I'm home?"   Seriously.

As for the Katy Perry news, that must have been scary for everyone on that set.   Not her collapse but the gas leak.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Why did the fiancee take him back?   I wouldn't.   Dude, dumped her married Pamela Anderson for like 10 seconds then said "baby I'm home?"   Seriously.

Some people are just desperate to not be alone. It was probably either that, or get a bunch of cats. Personally, I’d get the cats.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 9

54 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

As for the Katy Perry news, that must have been scary for everyone on that set.   Not her collapse but the gas leak.

I think that the gas leak will be on this week’s episode of Idol, which airs tomorrow night on ABC. There was something that looked like that kind of situation in the previews for this week during last week’s episode.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Maybe to hear herself say 'I TOLD you so!'  and/or maybe so she can later hear herself say 'After all I've DONE for you'. If that's the case, it  wouldn't be the first time someone ever did something counterproductive re their own lives just to be able hear themselves complain because THAT is what they may value the most in their lives. 

39 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Maybe to hear herself say 'I TOLD you so!'  and/or maybe so she can later hear herself say 'After all I've DONE for you'. If that's the case, it  wouldn't be the first time someone ever did something counterproductive re their own lives just to be able hear themselves complain because THAT is what they may value the most in their lives. 

And then there are people like me who like to tell people like that "I'm sick of you're whining.  Break up with him or shut up about it."

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

What a relief! NOW all three sibs can say 'Goodbye' to Grandma Katherine Jackson and 'Get Lost' to all those Jacksons who've considered them nothing more than cash cows and links to the late Michael's income! 

Now I wonder if Diana Ross may be feeling a bit relieved that Mrs. Jackson made it to her youngest grandchild by the late Michael's legal adulthood. Let's not forget that in his will, Mr. Jackson mandated that his onetime mentor Miss Ross was to receive custody of the three if Mrs. Jackson did not survive to that point (AND it's a virtual certainty that he did NOT discuss this with Miss Ross so it seems she was surprised as the rest of the world by that news). 

Mrs. Jackson no doubt was as nice as pie to those grandchildren, but alas had never once seemed to have made any attempt to protect any of her children from exploitation  so what was Michael thinking believing she'd somehow develop a backbone re said grandchildren. 

Edited by Blergh · Reason: thoughts of Miss Ross and extra re Mrs. Jackson
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I've haven't seen Paris in a while.  She's absolutely gorgeous. 

She definitely didn't get her looks from her mother Debbie Rowe . Perhaps maybe she just got the best possible combo from her bio parents- the same way  Elizabeth II  became a stunner early on despite George VI being awkward and the future Queen Mother being somewhat frumpy. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

19 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Here's the same story for those who don't want to give Fox clicks

https://parade.com/997970/amyspencer/harrison-ford-call-of-the-wild/

And the "secrets" 

Pretty ironic from a dude who cheated on one wife with Carrie Fisher, and cheated on his second wife with either Minnie Driver, Calista Flockhart (current wife) or both. I love Ford as an actor but he is in no position to give marriage advice or "advice".

Thank you for the other link.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

And the "secrets" 

Pretty ironic from a dude who cheated on one wife with Carrie Fisher, and cheated on his second wife with either Minnie Driver, Calista Flockhart (current wife) or both. I love Ford as an actor but he is in no position to give marriage advice or "advice".

Not to mention that Miss Flockhart is his third wife and he had four children by his previous two wives- yet he cites this 'advice' as though this had been his very first union. Nice try. Oh, and it's possible that one reason his current union has lasted as long as it has could be that he's simply too old and tired to want to start over with a fourth wife (not that I'm holding my breath waiting for him to admit he's susceptible to aging like other 70 something folks are). 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Oh, and it's possible that one reason his current union has lasted as long as it has could be that he's simply too old and tired to want to start over with a fourth wife

His first and second marriages lasted nearly 20 years, each. This one is going on 10. Give him time.  Though it would be nice if he actually quit running around and the third time was the charm.

I don't usually GAF what people I don't know do in their personal lives but his "advise" just grates given his history.

Now, Mark Harmon can give advice all day long.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm sure he'll be fine.

I just hope the late Mr. Douglas's widow Anne Buydens Douglas was provided for ,inasmuch as she's 100-years-old (!) and deserves compensation for having stayed married to him to the end despite him being flagrantly adulterous to her for most of their 65-year union. 

• Like 9

That linked headline is so misleading because it implies that Michael Douglas was "disinherited."   Also, Kirk Douglas had other children and they weren't in the will either.  I doubt any of them need the money and I wouldn't be surprised if they knew that their father intended to leave the bulk of his money to charities. 

• Like 15

IIRC, the late Mr. Kirk Douglas and his wife Anne had openly talked for some years about how he intended to leave the bulk of his fortune to charities in both their names. I realize that their surviving son Peter and his other son Joel aren't anywhere near as loaded as his eldest son Michael but I seriously doubt any of them will have to start collecting cans and selling plasma. Still, I DO hope he made sure Anne herself was comfortably set for what time she has remaining after his demise. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I doubt any of them need the money and I wouldn't be surprised if they knew that their father intended to leave the bulk of his money to charities. 

Given that Michael Douglas is worth an estimated 300 million I agree any bequest from his father would have been coals to Newcastle!  I'm sure the family has known for years what the terms of the will were and that his widow is well provided for. 

I loathe those kind of sensation seeking headlines!

• Like 14

If anybody cares to watch the Kobe & Gianna Bryant Celebration of Life, it’ll be broadcast live on ESPN & a couple of the other ESPN channels, & stream live on ESPN & many other streaming channels, such as ABC News Live & ET Live, beginning at 1PM Eastern/12 Noon Central/10AM Pacific.

5 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

If anybody cares to watch the Kobe & Gianna Bryant Celebration of Life, it’ll be broadcast live on ESPN & a couple of the other ESPN channels, & stream live on ESPN & many other streaming channels, such as ABC News Live & ET Live, beginning at 1PM Eastern/12 Noon Central/10AM Pacific.

When?

19 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

And the "secrets" 

17 hours ago, Blergh said:

Not to mention that Miss Flockhart is his third wife and he had four children by his previous two wives- yet he cites this 'advice' as though this had been his very first union. Nice try. Oh, and it's possible that one reason his current union has lasted as long as it has could be that he's simply too old and tired to want to start over with a fourth wife (not that I'm holding my breath waiting for him to admit he's susceptible to aging like other 70 something folks are). 

The thing that sticks in my craw is that all this dude learned in his almost 80 years and cummulative decades of marriage is, "Don't talk." 

That' s not cute, Harrison. 

• Like 14

I suppose being in the 10th year of one's current marriage with no abuse or cheating scandals does make one something of a role model in Hollywood. Still, if I were to look to a celebrity for advice on my personal life I'd probably pick someone like Pierce Brosnan or George Takei, given that their behavior and choices seem like ones worth aspiring to.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would think that just because someone is famous, they are qualified to give marriage advice. Gossip reporters ask stupid questions.

Edited by GaT
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

When?

It was earlier today. The time for the live broadcast was right at the end of my post. It might be repeated on certain channels/streaming outlets later tonight but I don’t know which ones or what time(s). I think it’s on YouTube though. It ran at least 2 hours; maybe close to 3.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

It was earlier today. The time for the live broadcast was right at the end of my post. It might be repeated on certain channels/streaming outlets later tonight but I don’t know which ones or what time(s). I think it’s on YouTube though. It ran at least 2 hours; maybe close to 3.

Thank you.

• Like 1

If anyone’s interested, from CBS2/KCAL Los Angeles, here’s the video of Vanessa Bryant speaking about both of her late family members at their Celebration of Life memorial held earlier today at Staples Center in Los Angeles. A couple of things to note: This is the full tribute as given by Vanessa Bryant today during the ceremony; it lasts a little over 20 minutes (she spoke about them for about 10 minutes each, starting with her daughter, Gianna [aka Gigi]). I can’t really tell you there’s anything worth skipping over, unfortunately. At least I didn’t feel there was. I thought, at times, she might not be able to go through with her eulogy, but she managed to get through it.

On another note multiple sources, including the Los Angeles Times & ESPN, are reporting that attorneys for Vanessa Bryant have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the helicopter company that owned the helicopter involved in the crash.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a word because of bad grammar.
  • Useful 1

Giant Misfit

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.