Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

11 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Marriage does provide a slew of uniformly recognized legal protections and benefits that cohabitation and domestic partnership doesn't, at least in the states.

Ironic how the positive benefits of marriage  were   often muted if not altogether outrightly denied until the gay marriage issue came to the forefront! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

From NBC News: Helicopter Company in Kobe Bryant Crash Not Licensed to Fly in Bad Weather

The company wasn’t licensed to fly in bad weather, but the pilot of the helicopter involved was licensed to fly in bad weather.

What that means, though, is that the helicopter wasn’t equipped to fly in bad weather. The pilot can be licensed to the gills but it does no good if the helicopter doesn’t have the instruments. VFR vs IFR flying.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Sometimes it sucks to be the bigger man, so in this case I will say....nothing.

14 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

I keep thinking of the comment "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy" yet somehow I can't bring myself to actually say it in this case.  

I'm biting my tongue, I'm biting my ton-OUCH! DAMMIT! Still biting my tongue...but I want to say something unkind so MUCH!

• Like 24

I haven't watched the Limbaugh announcement yet.  Does he have time and will keep working or is it very dire?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven't watched the Limbaugh announcement yet.  Does he have time and will keep working or is it very dire?  

He said that the treatment plan hadn't been finalized yet, but he knew that he would miss some days due to treatments or their side effects. He didn't indicate how dire the situation is, although it was called an "advanced" lung cancer.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

He said that the treatment plan hadn't been finalized yet, but he knew that he would miss some days due to treatments or their side effects. He didn't indicate how dire the situation is, although it was called an "advanced" lung cancer.

There are now multiple immunotherapy medications which have been very successful in prolonging the lives of people with the most common type of lung cancer, called non small cell.  The most well known drug is called Keytruda and it has prolonged the lives of many people with advanced lung cancer by years and years in many cases.   I worked with a woman who was started on Keytruda 5-6 years ago after her lung cancer was declared inoperable and she is still around, working full time, living life.  The meds are taken in pill form and have some side effects, but most people do well with them. So, depending on what the pathology of his tumor is, Limbaugh could still be around for years to come even with advanced lung cancer.

• Like 2
  • Useful 10

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm biting my tongue, I'm biting my ton-OUCH! DAMMIT! Still biting my tongue...but I want to say something unkind so MUCH!

I agree. I'm saving it for when Rupert Murdoch dies. And I'm putting the universe on notice that I'm going to be neither polite, kind OR respectful of his loved ones.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My mom always said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". 

2 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

I keep thinking of the comment "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy" yet somehow I can't bring myself to actually say it in this case.  

Karma is a bitch! 

I guess I still don't listen to my mother.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 12

On 2/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, Anduin said:

I don't understand why these flaky types always insist on getting married. It never ends well,

Hey!  They at least made it through the entire year of January!  

• Laugh 8

1 minute ago, PennyPlain said:

On the subject of Limbaugh in reading about his health issues I was really surprised to learn he is only 69.  Apparently he was actually born a bitter middle aged man.  I can't remember a time when he didn't seem like a nasty old codger but clearly he must have been relatively young when I first became aware of his miserable existence.

I thought the the news should be posted in this thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

On the subject of Limbaugh in reading about his health issues I was really surprised to learn he is only 69.  Apparently he was actually born a bitter middle aged man.  I can't remember a time when he didn't seem like a nasty old codger but clearly he must have been relatively young when I first became aware of his miserable existence.

Co-sign all of this. Frankly I'm surprised he hasn't stroked out yet from rage induced high blood pressure. I can't recall a time he wasn't rage yelling about something.

• Like 16

14 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

My mom always said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". 

Karma is a bitch! 

I guess I still don't listen to my mother.

14 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm with Alice Roosevelt Longworth (and Clairee from Steel Magnolias) - "If you can't say anything nice about anybody, come sit by me."

Then please don't mind me as I come to sit by you, while I imbibe Mimosas. Heavy on the champagnee.

52 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Co-sign all of this. Frankly I'm surprised he hasn't stroked out yet from rage induced high blood pressure. I can't recall a time he wasn't rage yelling about something.

He is one of the most hateful, vilest persons I've ever heard and seen. So I'm so sure he'll beat this.😡

• Like 16

Dammit based on her quotes I certainly have formed the impression she believes this time it's a terminal diagnosis.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 21

3 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

Dammit based on her quotes I certainly have formed the impression she believes this time it's a terminal diagnosis.  

This is really unfortunate to hear about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

From USA TodayShannen Doherty Reveals Stage 4 Cancer Diagnosis: ‘A Bitter Pill to Swallow’

What kind of cancer isn’t disclosed at the linked article. She battled breast cancer successfully from 2015-2017.

I stated this in another thread, but it can't be said enough or repeated enough: FUCK CANCER! FUCKIT!FUCKIT!FUCKIT!

4 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

God I hope not. I want her to BEAT THIS.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I stated this in another thread, but it can't be said enough or repeated enough: FUCK CANCER! FUCKIT!FUCKIT!FUCKIT!

I know, I wish there were a cure already, ugh.

I want Shannen to beat this too. She is still a beautiful young lady with so much to look forward to. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know, I wish there were a cure already, ugh.

I want Shannen to beat this too. She is still a beautiful young lady with so much to look forward to. 

15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Same.

• Like 4

What stood out to me was how she said she didn't originally want to make this public , but that she felt she had to "control the narrative". For those of you who don't remember, her last cancer battle was essentially "outed", due to a lawsuit that was made public and referenced her diagnosis, which basically forced her to confirm it. That's probably why she came out about it now, even if she otherwise wouldn't have/wouldn't have done it so soon, which makes it even sadder. 😢 

• Like 3
  • Sad 21

12 minutes ago, UYI said:

What stood out to me was how she said she didn't originally want to make this public , but that she felt she had to "control the narrative". For those of you who don't remember, her last cancer battle was essentially "outed", due to a lawsuit that was made public and referenced her diagnosis, which basically forced her to confirm it. That's probably why she came out about it now, even if she otherwise wouldn't have/wouldn't have done it so soon, which makes it even sadder. 😢 

Oh, man. I was hoping for the best.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Oh, man. I was hoping for the best.

Today is also World Cancer Day, which is also probably why this interview aired this morning. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

21 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I want to be the bigger person, but in the past two months, someone who didn't deserve it died of cancer and someone else lost a much cherished loved one, and I'm just not in the mood.  So I say, couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

• Like 15

The article that I found on The Washington Post, it seems it's breast cancer. Shannen states that "it came back" so I assume that to mean her breast cancer came back and that it's not another form of cancer. I'm still rooting for her. And it seems only Brian Austin Green knew she was battling it during the failed reboot last summer.

• Sad 10

So sad. Hopefully there are still chemotherapy options that can prove effective or at least give her more time and improve quality of life, but I think the prognosis for a returning cancer that's metastasized is pretty grim.

• Sad 9

18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The article that I found on The Washington Post, it seems it's breast cancer. Shannen states that "it came back" so I assume that to mean her breast cancer came back and that it's not another form of cancer. I'm still rooting for her. And it seems only Brian Austin Green knew she was battling it during the failed reboot last summer.

I was sort of glad the reboot was not renewed because I hate for it continue with Shannen suffering at this cancer stage.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 13

12 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

So sad. Hopefully there are still chemotherapy options that can prove effective or at least give her more time and improve quality of life, but I think the prognosis for a returning cancer that's metastasized is pretty grim.

It also doesn't help that she's fighting with State Farm while undergoing more treatments.

4 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

I was sort of glad the reboot was not renewed because I hate for it continue with Shannen suffering at this cancer stage.

SHE was the only reason I tuned in; it was a hot mess and I'm glad it wasn't renewed.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It also doesn't help that she's fighting with State Farm while undergoing more treatments.

SHE was the only reason I tuned in; it was a hot mess and I'm glad it wasn't renewed.

The reboot looked really terrible.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, Anduin said:

I nearly sprayed water across my screen at that.

I don't understand why these flaky types always insist on getting married. It never ends well, and is just a waste of time and money. There's nothing wrong with just living with someone, being together, without getting hitched. My parents have been together over 40 years, and there are at least two 10+ year couples in my extended family.

If they have the organisational skills to arrange a wedding, they should have the organisational skills to realise they don't need one.

It really lets me know just how little insight these people have into themselves and others.  Should people of their age have better judgment? Hmmm.......IDK.  Romance is a crazy thing. lol 

Such sad news about Shannen.  Cancer is so relentless. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Sad 7

5 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

From USA TodayShannen Doherty Reveals Stage 4 Cancer Diagnosis: ‘A Bitter Pill to Swallow’

What kind of cancer isn’t disclosed at the linked article. She battled breast cancer successfully from 2015-2017.

19-Year-Old Me wanted to be Prue Halliwell when I grew up and as such, Shannen holds a special place in my heart. I hope she's able to beat this.

• Like 16

15 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

In scummy news:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/media/tmz-death-report-kobe-bryant/index.html      

However anyone feels or felt about Kobe Bryant, its unconscionable that TMZ would use those deaths for ratings.

CNN is just pissed that TMZ reported it first.

They didn't post it until five hours after it happened not the one hour CNN said. Harvey said he spent an hour back and forth on the phone with Kobe's people. People knew. 

The deaths weren't used for ratings. TMZ reported them. Its what every news and talk show did. Anything that happens in the world where people would be interested gets reported. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

On 2/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, xfuse said:

CNN is just pissed that TMZ reported it first.

They didn't post it until five hours after it happened not the one hour CNN said. Harvey said he spent an hour back and forth on the phone with Kobe's people. People knew. 

The deaths weren't used for ratings. TMZ reported them. Its what every news and talk show did. Anything that happens in the world where people would be interested gets reported. 

They reported it in under two hours.  The crash happened at 9:45 am PST and the story was posted just before 11:30 am. I can’t find the exact time first responders arrived but they were dealing with the fire started by the crash until 10:30 and had to repel down to the crash site.  One hour-ish from the time it was confirmed to reported is probably close. 

Anyway I have no problem believing that Kobe’s people knew but my problem is the families of the others killed. The odds are that some of them found out because of the news coverage before they could be notified. No one should have to get that notification because the press is about to break the story. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Yeah, according to the court papers, her lawyers say she's dying of stage 4 terminal cancer.

Truly awful.

• Sad 22

2 hours ago, Dani-Ellie said:

19-Year-Old Me wanted to be Prue Halliwell when I grew up and as such, Shannen holds a special place in my heart. I hope she's able to beat this.

I have always loved Shannen and I never understood her bad rap. Her antics as a young actress are tame compared to those that came after her in the business.  She is a great actress, she was awesome as Prue on Charmed. The show lost something special after she left. 

• Like 17

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.