Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, I saw this on People site too. I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't think she really comprehends the situation really. 

More like she really doesn't give a fuck because she's not being charged but she knew she had to wait awhile. So she's going to giggle about make-up application (and have to blur out the brand names) and do her thing. She's like a non-vicious version of Vedda from Mildred Pierce. Normally I'd feel bad but Lori and Mossimo really did reap what they sowed.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What is up with Kid Rock?  This article explains WHY Kid said he had an issue with Oprah and was slamming her with on stage expletives, but, it doesn't make a lot of sense.  I mean, carrying a grudge about a questionaire from many years ago makes you that ticked off?  Odd.  Plus, I'm not sure I believe the story about the questionaire from the Oprah show. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/30/kid-rock-explains-problem-with-oprah-after-explicit-rant/

I got to admit some mixed feelings here and I can't say I'm a fan of his by any means.

However; considering how often and profusely even prominent celebs coming to her show  seemed to gush over Miss Winfrey and she made sure the audience knew how much they loved HER gifts and were supposedly grateful re  how much she was honoring them, I can actually find it credible  that her producers would try to insist he name five things he loved about her. 

NOT that this  justified such a vile rant (and I hope there were no children anywhere near there when it happened) - especially years after he pulled the plug on the intended spot, but I can believe it.

 Still, had I been in his spot, I'd have just quietly told them thanks but no thanks, then have a good chuckle to myself  re considering the source.  

Oh, and it should be noted that he was brought up in  a cushy suburb of Detroit the son of a successful car dealer so it's a bit bogus him trying to outredneck the rednecks, IMO. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps when all the legal dust settles, Olivia Mossimo could get a job playing   'glamorous airheads' in the first parts of those O'Keefe's elbow grease commercials- as long as she doesn't mind getting shot down by the hardworking scoffers who actually sell the products! 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Blergh said:

I got to admit some mixed feelings here and I can't say I'm a fan of his by any means.

However; considering how often and profusely even prominent celebs coming to her show  seemed to gush over Miss Winfrey and she made sure the audience knew how much they loved HER gifts and were supposedly grateful re  how much she was honoring them, I can actually find it credible  that her producers would try to insist he name five things he loved about her. 

NOT that this  justified such a vile rant (and I hope there were no children anywhere near there when it happened) - especially years after he pulled the plug on the intended spot, but I can believe it.

 Still, had I been in his spot, I'd have just quietly told them thanks but no thanks, then have a good chuckle to myself  re considering the source.  

Oh, and it should be noted that he was brought up in  a cushy suburb of Detroit the son of a successful car dealer so it's a bit bogus him trying to outredneck the rednecks, IMO. 

Hmmm.....I suppose it's possible, but, I watched all seasons of Oprah and am trying to envision what Kid describes. Hard to imagine. From what I observed, the show was laser focused on making their guests feel welcomed and as comfortable as possible.  For them to ask a celebrity guest, or any guest really, to make a list of things they lovedabout the host sounds implausible, imo.  I would think Oprah would find it insulting and/or laughable.  I doubt she'll comment though.  It's not really worth it, considering the source.

It's funny, because,  I have been a Kid Rock fan.  I actually went to see him in concert some years ago! lol  I wonder if Kid has a lot of personal problem.  PLUS, he seems to have issues with a lot people.  He was forced out as Grand Marshall of the Nashville Christmas Parade last year and has created issues with his questionable taste in building decor for his new business in Nashville. lol

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/01/04/kid-rock-big-ass-honky-tonk-nashville-broadway/2481791002/

 He sure has a cute little granddaughter.  Photos on link below. 

https://countryrebel.com/kid-rock-shares-priceless-photo-from-disney-vacation-with-granddaughter/

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Blergh said:

I can actually find it credible  that her producers would try to insist he name five things he loved about her. 

To me I find that incredible.  As in I don't believe it for one minute.  It's the kind of thing people can say without much fear of contradiction because anyone who would believe it in the first place isn't going to believe a denial.  I guess Oprah should be grateful he didn't say something really dirty about her.  Wouldn't put it past him.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, yes, and the reason why Kid Rock was 'forced out' as Grand Marshall of the Nashville Christmas parade  in 2018 was because not too long beforehard he called Joy Behar the b-word and refused to apologize.

 Here's the thing. Afterwards, one James Shaw, Jr. was selected as a replacement. Mr. Shaw was known as 'The Waffle House Hero' after April,2018 -having wrestled the assault rifle away from the person who'd burst into a branch of that chain and had already killed several people. Mr. Shaw had put himself in the line of fire to save the lives of everyone else in that restaurant and then personally raised over $100,000 for the injured victims and survivors of that horrible ordeal! Believe it or not, there were folks who thought that Kid Rock deserved to have been the Grand Marshall MORE than Mr. Shaw who had done so much for others- and while putting his own life at risk! To be honest, IMO, I think Mr. Shaw who did what he did should have been the ONLY person considered for the Grand Marshall of that parade that year! 

 Yes, Kid Rock has a cute granddaughter but she and her father (his son) Robert James Ritchie,Jr. are biracial so I wonder how they feel about his insistence about displaying the Confederate flag. 

  • Like 16
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

So would this person have preferred the child have just kept being bounced around in the foster home system until he turned 18? Oh, and it's not as though this child could have legally undone what was done on his own- entirely based on her rant that allegedly lasted 10 minutes! Poor kid!

I hope she finds something else to do to earn her living that has nothing whatsoever to do with kids in the future.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

53 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I was pleased to see that the other students present in the classroom immediately went to the principal to report the incident and that the principal didn't hesitate to escort the sub out of the building right then and there.

Yeah, I have nothing but gratitude and applause for the students in that classroom and the school administration, which is not how I expected to feel after seeing the headlines of that story.

As for the substitute, is she photogenic enough to get hired as a host for children's programming on the Fox network? She clearly has the crazy bigot credentials...

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, GaT said:

The language of the bill reads, "Section 1 of the bill adds two new sections ... to the public health law to forbid the performance of a hymen exam on women as a means to ascertain whether a woman is a virgin." A second section would address education law. It goes on to say, "[T]he bill stipulates that if someone disregards these rules, it will be considered an act of professional misconduct." Solages wants to make this a class D felony, for which medical professionals could be charged with sexual abuse.

I don't like the use of "woman" here.  I don't think that anyone of any age with a vagina is a "woman," and I should hope the law wouldn't only apply to people over 18.  (There are gender identity issues as well.)  I'd prefer something like "...a hymen exam as a means to ascertain whether an individual is a virgin."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I don't like the use of "woman" here.  I don't think that anyone of any age with a vagina is a "woman," and I should hope the law wouldn't only apply to people over 18.  (There are gender identity issues as well.)  I'd prefer something like "...a hymen exam as a means to ascertain whether an individual is a virgin."

That quote is from the memo in support of the bill. The actual language of the bill is more general. It defines a virginity examination as “any practice or procedure to determine whether a female has previously had sexual intercourse.”

Edited by Dani
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Does anyone really want to see a Pete Davidson show enough to do that? I'm constantly amazed at how mediocre you can be and still make it as a 'comedy' star.

"...'comedy' star, 'music' star, 'acting star', 'author'.  Ftfy. 😉

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Does anyone really want to see a Pete Davidson show enough to do that? I'm constantly amazed at how mediocre you can be and still make it as a 'comedy' star.

I feel like Pete Davidson was positioned as the next Jimmy Fallon but he possesses like zero of the former's likeability or good looks. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I feel like Pete Davidson was positioned as the next Jimmy Fallon but he possesses like zero of the former's likeability or good looks. 

Which IMO is somewhat akin to the former being unable to keep from drowning in a drop of water while the latter somehow is able to tread a thimbleful. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, janie jones said:

I think Pete Davidson is creepy looking.

I'm continuously baffled that he manages to date such beautiful women. Apparently he's currently dating Kaia Gerber, daughter of Cindy Crawford. It can't just be his personality, right? Or maybe he's good at 'other' things...😉

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, Blergh said:

So would this person have preferred the child have just kept being bounced around in the foster home system until he turned 18? 

Honestly? I think they would. I don't really expect anything from a person who went off on a foster kid for being fostered. Mind=blown. There's homophobia, but this is some superior level bullshit. Congrats on going pro, asshole. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

What flabbergasted me most was that people talked about his time dating Kate Beckinsale as if SHE were the lucky one who was trading up! In what world?!?

Because Kate Beckinsale is a woman who dares to be over the age of 35?

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

What flabbergasted me most was that people talked about his time dating Kate Beckinsale as if SHE were the lucky one who was trading up! In what world?!?

I knew it wouldn't last. They were complete opposites and you could bet she is looking out for the next young man to fill her void. She is a cougar at heart. They don't change their spots. It's been there done that scenario with Kate. I wasn't shocked about the breakup.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

she is looking out for the next young man to fill her void

Best euphemism since "I doubt you were lettin' penniless shineboys put the bat in the cave." (R.I.P. The Knick)

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Justin Timberlake breaks silence on those Alisha Wainwright PDA pics:

Would JT be apologizing if he hadn't got caught? Probably not, but by minor celebrity scandal standards that is pretty major groveling. There's no need to give the guy a medal or anything, but other famous, not-single men this year who found themselves in similar spots stood by and said nothing on the record, while the "other woman" publicly flailed about with explanations of varying believability: it was a friendly hello, it was orchestrated, this can happen to anyone...social media! Usually, the woman gets blamed more in these scenarios, even if he's super famous and married, while she's not, but I guess so many people disliked Justin already that he got zero benefit of the doubt after this latest screw up.

*

Emma Stone engaged to SNL writer/director Dave McCary:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1029700/emma-stone-is-engaged-to-dave-mccary

*

Billy Dee Williams says his recent comments were misinterpreted:

*

Armie Hammer...yeah...

Edited by Dejana
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Billy Dee Williams says his recent comments were misinterpreted:

That was inevitable, and I've been waiting for his response before commenting.  It was clear from what was quoted that all the "Billy Dee Williams comes out as gender fluid" headlines were a stretch.  What he said about his character (that I've never seen; I'm not a Star Wars fan) and his rejection of any firm delineation between "masculine" and "feminine" was just fine on its own.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dejana said:

There's no need to give the guy a medal or anything, but other famous, not-single men this year who found themselves in similar spots stood by and said nothing on the record, while the "other woman" publicly flailed about

I am curious about who or why he was apologizing?  If it was about clearing the record so people would leave the other woman involved in the situation alone, it seems weird that he doesn't mention her at all in the apology.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious about who or why he was apologizing?  If it was about clearing the record so people would leave the other woman involved in the situation alone, it seems weird that he doesn't mention her at all in the apology.

Well he states that he is apologizing to his wife and family, so based on how he worded it I think he isn’t apologizing to her and thinks she also had a lapse in judgement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well he states that he is apologizing to his wife and family, so based on how he worded it I think he isn’t apologizing to her and thinks she also had a lapse in judgement.

I'm not saying he needs to apologize to her but something that doesn't leave her swinging in the wind the way he did with Janet Jackson during their snafu.  He has more power than she does.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not saying he needs to apologize to her but something that doesn't leave her swinging in the wind the way he did with Janet Jackson during their snafu.  He has more power than she does.

Well her statement denied anything happened. He most likely doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself but I do think leaving your collaborator on a choreographed dance routine to take all the shit is very different than two drunken coworkers flirting/touching. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious about who or why he was apologizing?  If it was about clearing the record so people would leave the other woman involved in the situation alone, it seems weird that he doesn't mention her at all in the apology.

31 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not saying he needs to apologize to her but something that doesn't leave her swinging in the wind the way he did with Janet Jackson during their snafu.  He has more power than she does.

Exactly, he got so much shit for the way he treated Janet after nipplegate, that he wanted to stop it while he could.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, GaT said:

Exactly, he got so much shit for the way he treated Janet after nipplegate, that he wanted to stop it while he could.

If that was the case than I don’t imagine he would have waited more than a week since the photos and video appeared and long after she released a statement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Jessica Biel in this situation. I of course don’t know the ins and outs in this situation but looking at Instagram posts and comments etc between the two I think this lapse of judgement probably came out of nowhere for her. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Dejana said:

Justin Timberlake breaks silence on those Alisha Wainwright PDA pics:

Would JT be apologizing if he hadn't got caught? Probably not, but by minor celebrity scandal standards that is pretty major groveling. There's no need to give the guy a medal or anything, but other famous, not-single men this year who found themselves in similar spots stood by and said nothing on the record, while the "other woman" publicly flailed about with explanations of varying believability: it was a friendly hello, it was orchestrated, this can happen to anyone...social media! Usually, the woman gets blamed more in these scenarios, even if he's super famous and married, while she's not, but I guess so many people disliked Justin already that he got zero benefit of the doubt after this latest screw up.

*

Emma Stone engaged to SNL writer/director Dave McCary:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1029700/emma-stone-is-engaged-to-dave-mccary

*

Billy Dee Williams says his recent comments were misinterpreted:

*

Armie Hammer...yeah...

Emma Stone and her fiance are a very cute couple. 

I don't even want to open that Armie Hammer thing. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not saying he needs to apologize to her but something that doesn't leave her swinging in the wind the way he did with Janet Jackson during their snafu.  He has more power than she does.

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Well her statement denied anything happened. He most likely doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself but I do think leaving your collaborator on a choreographed dance routine to take all the shit is very different than two drunken coworkers flirting/touching. 

I saw the pics/videos and IMO Alisha's actions aren't being misconstrued, at least not entirely. If she's being painted as a mistress who singlehandedly seduced JT or whatever, then that seems to be inaccurate and would be going too far. However, this is not a case where tabloids found the worst angle of an innocent hug or cropped a photo to make something benign look more incriminiating. The footage looks bad because it kinda was? And maybe Alisha is cool with hand holding and knee touching regardless of a guy's marital status, that's for her to say, but Justin has a wife who apparently wasn't thrilled with his behavior so all he can do now is apologize for it.

This is getting global headlines because he's so famous, but the same sort of scenario has played out with people who work in an office, a store, at the holiday party, etc. The spouse at home gets receipts thanks to someone they know sneaking cell phone pics of the overly cozy colleagues and all hell breaks loose. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/5/2019 at 7:28 AM, MissAlmond said:

Casey Kasem's children have settled their lawsuit against his widow although clearly one daughter isn't happy about it.  

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-12-04/children-of-casey-kasem-settle-lawsuit-with-widow-over-death

I could be wrong but it seems to me that nearly everyone from both sides just came to the conclusion that these dueling lawsuits dragging on for five years were winding up going nowhere fast and only making the lawyers richer.

Yeah, I feel sorry for all of Mr. Kasem's children  (including his youngest by Jean [ who threw raw hamburger meat when he was taken to the hospital while their daughter was watching]who seems to have battling with her sibs ) but I only hope that somehow the coverage of the last part of Mr. Kasem's life somehow will get more folks to think about the issue of elder abuse that plagues so many who are neither rich nor famous.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I could be wrong but it seems to me that nearly everyone from both sides just came to the conclusion that these dueling lawsuits dragging on for five years were winding up going nowhere fast and only making the lawyers richer.

Maybe they simultaneously read Bleak House.  

18 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

What flabbergasted me most was that people talked about his time dating Kate Beckinsale as if SHE were the lucky one who was trading up! In what world?!?

16 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

I knew it wouldn't last.

Kate understood it was great fun but it was just one of those things.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Maybe they simultaneously read Bleak House.  

I love that book so much. It's just still so true.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious about who or why he was apologizing?  If it was about clearing the record so people would leave the other woman involved in the situation alone, it seems weird that he doesn't mention her at all in the apology.

He is the guy who launched his solo career with a diss song to his famous ex for cheating on him.   Now that he's on the other side of things, I guess he felt he needed to say something publicly before people started calling him out on dragging Britney but staying silent when he got caught doing his dirt. What goes around comes back around, isn't that right, Justin?

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

He is an attention-seeker who has to be known as a good guy in the public, it seems that's what happened with the Janet nipplegate as well. If he just kept his private life private and make his music/do his TV shows/movies, he wouldn't need to apologize so much.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I guess he's apologising publicly to maintain his image, such as it is, try to prove to his wife that he really is sorry, get out ahead of worse headlines etc. Lots of reasons beyond heartfelt private ones. Whether he means it or not remains to be seen from his future behaviour. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Drogo

This is a place for news about celebrities.

This isn't a place for news about not-celebrities.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size