Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am sure he will be back to it but everything in this article is from before he said it.

Aaron Carter is not a celebrity, he is an unfortunate sibling of a long forgotten celebrity who has to deal with the downside of being a member of that family.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, free2think said:

Aaron Carter is not a celebrity, he is an unfortunate sibling of a long forgotten celebrity who has to deal with the downside of being a member of that family.

I mean, he did have his fans. I knew girls who went to Aaron's concerts and had stickers of him on their notebooks. He definitely never hit Nick's level of fame but he did fine.

It's kind of weird though when you realize that the type of fame that Nick and Aaron had- manufactured pop Tigerbeat image-  isn't really where it's at with a lot of current teen/tween girls. A lot of them seem to be into TikTok or YouTube guys right now, alongside the requisite TV/movie stars.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

Reading the comments was so frustrating.  (Yes, I know, never read the comments).  But all seem to gloss over Union being told her rotating hair styles were too "black."

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 13

What a pathetic comedian he must be that he resorts to the "Asians eat dogs" joke/trope. Jay has always been a POS and the whole Conan/Late Night debacle really shined a light on it. F*ck them for telling Gabrielle that her hair was too "Black"! I could care less about what Julianne went through. She lost me after her black face costume a few years back. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Man, I'm hoping it's not Blake Jenner but it does seem to fit the timeline. Ugh. 

I'm almost positive it is. A younger man in a long term relationship. Who else can it be? If it wasn't, Melissa would have made it clear because she would know that's who everyone will automatically jump to. More importantly, *Blake* would have said and made a statement about supporting his ex-wife (whether he means it or not). Silence speak volumes.

But this story is still pretty new so I'll reserve a small percentage that I may be wrong.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

16 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

What a pathetic comedian he must be that he resorts to the "Asians eat dogs" joke/trope. Jay has always been a POS and the whole Conan/Late Night debacle really shined a light on it. F*ck them for telling Gabrielle that her hair was too "Black"! I could care less about what Julianne went through. She lost me after her black face costume a few years back. 

Maybe the consequences of she's suffering from Mr. Leno's despicable actions will finally teach Miss Hough WHY doing racist stunts is wrong. Maybe. BTW, did she ever apologize for that one?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

I'm almost positive it is. A younger man in a long term relationship. Who else can it be? If it wasn't, Melissa would have made it clear because she would know that's who everyone will automatically jump to. More importantly, *Blake* would have said and made a statement about supporting his ex-wife (whether he means it or not). Silence speak volumes.

But this story is still pretty new so I'll reserve a small percentage that I may be wrong.

I think what makes it seem like it's Blake is the very specific example Melissa gives about how she was abused at the time, and that's her infamous eye injury story, the one where she said that she fell into a potted plant and permanently damaged her iris. But now she's saying the truth that her abuser had thrown his iPhone at her and that caused the permanent damage. That took place around the time that Supergirl started, and she was married to Blake at the time. 

So, it's all but confirmed who her abuser was and it's a really sad situation all around for Melissa.

• Sad 18

56 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think what makes it seem like it's Blake is the very specific example Melissa gives about how she was abused at the time, and that's her infamous eye injury story, the one where she said that she fell into a potted plant and permanently damaged her iris. But now she's saying the truth that her abuser had thrown his iPhone at her and that caused the permanent damage. That took place around the time that Supergirl started, and she was married to Blake at the time. 

So, it's all but confirmed who her abuser was and it's a really sad situation all around for Melissa.

This. It would be way too big of a coincidence for this to be someone else. That story, plus stating that he was younger than her, completely cemented it. It's like the situation with Evan Rachel Wood.

She didn't name her abuser either and at first some were worried it could potentially be Jamie Bell - her ex-husband and father of her child.

But as people put together some of the specifics she said and timeline of it all, everyone realized that it's pretty much almost a given that she's talking about Marilyn Manson. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

Maybe the consequences of she's suffering from Mr. Leno's despicable actions will finally teach Miss Hough WHY doing racist stunts is wrong. Maybe. BTW, did she ever apologize for that one?

She did. She tweeted that she loved the character of Crazy Eyes and never meant to hurt people. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

This. It would be way too big of a coincidence for this to be someone else. That story, plus stating that he was younger than her, completely cemented it. It's like the situation with Evan Rachel Wood.

She didn't name her abuser either and at first some were worried it could potentially be Jamie Bell - her ex-husband and father of her child.

But as people put together some of the specifics she said and timeline of it all, everyone realized that it's pretty much almost a given that she's talking about Marilyn Manson. 

I'm definitely going through feelings right now because I became a fan of Blake's after Everybody Wants Some and Edge of 17. Richard Linklater is probably feeling things right now because he had committed Blake to a 20-year filming schedule for Merrily We Roll Along. Blake's career is toast, in any event. He's not established enough to withstand domestic abuse allegations like Johnny Deep was.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

- She questioned the decision by the producers who said they were going to drop a 10 year old black rapper who apparently had received really positive audience reaction during his audition.  The producers decided to go with a white high kicking group from Texas because they wanted an act that "America could get behind."

Ugh :/. That's really shitty. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 13

11 hours ago, DearEvette said:

She complained about Simon Cowell smoking indoors (against the law in CA) which he did frequently.  She is allergic to cigarette smoke and apparently it wafted everywhere because the dressing rooms did not have closed door spaces.  He's been doing it for years and even fire marshalls couldn't get him to stop. Her concerns went unheeded.

That is horrible! As someone who is also allergic, if I get behind a smoker without knowing and take a breath I literally can't breath in, it blocks my throat. I have to hold my breath and rush through my office door in the winter because all the smokers don't follow the smoke in designated smoking areas rule, I can't imagine having to deal with that inside day after day. 

Add to that the fact that we are dealing with an asshole who thinks the rules don't apply to him and just...RAGE!!!!!! He is screwing with someone's health and doesn't give a fuck. I hate that man sooooo much. Flames. Flames, in the side of my face...pulsing...

• Like 18
  • Sad 3

This is old-ish news so forgive me if it has been already posted.  "Celebrity"  Amber Rose had a baby October 10th and named him Slash Electric.  I live for bad baby names so I don't know how I missed this one because it's a doozy.  Her other son's name is Sebastian and she calls him Bash so I'm guessing she wanted their names to rhyme? 

13 hours ago, DearEvette said:

- She complained about Simon Cowell smoking indoors (against the law in CA) which he did frequently.  She is allergic to cigarette smoke and apparently it wafted everywhere because the dressing rooms did not have closed door spaces.  He's been doing it for years and even fire marshalls couldn't get him to stop. Her concerns went unheeded.

OUTRAGEOUS

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

15 hours ago, DearEvette said:

That Gabrielle Union stuff is wild.   The original Vulture article goes into more detail and the writer says he had at least seven sources who gave him info, which is his experience is a big deal because people in Hollywood simply don't talk about workplace issues until they get bad, so if they were talking it had to be bad.  among the lowlights:

- She complained about Simon Cowell smoking indoors (against the law in CA) which he did frequently.  She is allergic to cigarette smoke and apparently it wafted everywhere because the dressing rooms did not have closed door spaces.  He's been doing it for years and even fire marshalls couldn't get him to stop. Her concerns went unheeded.

- She's ask contestants who were also drag performers what their preferred pronouns were and this apparently annoyed producers.

- She questioned the decision by the producers who said they were going to drop a 10 year old black rapper who apparently had received really positive audience reaction during his audition.  The producers decided to go with a white high kicking group from Texas because they wanted an act that "America could get behind."

The   audience DID 'get behind' the  rappers- and I think it's safe to say that the audience was comprised of largely US Americans NOT Martians or Neptunians so that was a bogus attempt to shield TPTB's own bigotry.

Why couldn't fire marshalls enforce the State of California's law that they are presumably called forth to uphold regarding Mr. Cowell? I hope someone near and dear to him tells him (to his face) that if he couldn't care less about how miserable he makes others near him via his indulgence, not only is he upping his chances for lung cancer, heart disease,etc. but he's also going to get yellow teeth and WRINKLES at a much earlier age than if he didn't do that indulgence.

All in all, it sounds as if the show is a miserable fail re standards of civility and decency! 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That is horrible! As someone who is also allergic, if I get behind a smoker without knowing and take a breath I literally can't breath in, it blocks my throat. I have to hold my breath and rush through my office door in the winter because all the smokers don't follow the smoke in designated smoking areas rule, I can't imagine having to deal with that inside day after day. 

Yeah, this bit and the pronouns thing is what put me in rage.

I had a boss who continued to smoke in her office after it was outlawed in NY.  Like she figured if she closed her door and hid in her office while she puffed, no one would notice.  Back in the day you really didn't realize how bad it was indoors (when everyone could smoke indoors) until they outlawed it.  The difference in air quality was so noticeable once it was gone. 

But like I imagine everyone at AGT before Gabrielle, we just sorta lived with it.  Like Simon Cowell, my boss was a big deal where I worked and we figured nothing would happen. I had a co-worker who once dubbed her office 'The Tropic of Cancer' it as so bad when we walked in there.  I think somebody finally did narc though because one day she stopped and started huddling outside with the rest of the smokers.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Why couldn't fire marshalls enforce the State of California's law that they are presumably called forth to uphold regarding Mr. Cowell?

What recourse would the fire marshals have when Simone refused to stop? He has so much money a fine won’t hurt him. I don’t think they have the power to arrest people. Is there anything else they could have done?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

What recourse would the fire marshals have when Simone refused to stop? He has so much money a fine won’t hurt him. I don’t think they have the power to arrest people. Is there anything else they could have done?

They could have -- and should have -- shut down production. That would have gotten someone's butt in gear.

• Like 20
  • Useful 1

And then they'd be the fired fire marshall once Cowell made a single phone call. Assholes are not above leaning on people to use their power against ordinary powerless folks, even if that "power" is convincing folks who should know better that you've still got the rainmaker magic. I can see why someone would shrug and decide he's not worth losing gainful employment.

• Like 7

I am glad I'm not in that audience. I bet he smells like smoke, no matter how much cologne or makeup he puts on to try to hide the smell. 

The kid rapper thing was rather shocking. 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

And then they'd be the fired fire marshall once Cowell made a single phone call. Assholes are not above leaning on people to use their power against ordinary powerless folks, even if that "power" is convincing folks who should know better that you've still got the rainmaker magic. I can see why someone would shrug and decide he's not worth losing gainful employment.

However, if Cowell had made that phone call and news got out about it (which it would have) he would have been excoriated, and the fire marshall would have been commended for doing his job (you know, ensuring people's safety).  I think it would have been difficult and a stupid move to fire him/her.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I could be wrong but I don't think the State of California is THAT corrupt. Besides, IF Mr. Cowell attempted to phone a bigwig to fire a fire marshall for doing his/her job according to the laws of the land, then said fire marshall could VERY easily via callling a press conference and/or calling the tabloids become The Most Famous Fired Fire Marshall in the USA for getting fired by TPTB and it would cast a dubious light not just on their own department but also the show, its production company AND the network. Let's not forget that Mr. Cowell was supposed to be 'not as harsh' after his son's birth and his participation this show was supposed to be part of his 'redemption arc'. 

Sad to say, (based purely on my own speculation) the reason/s WHY the fire marshall/s didn't do their job was most like either due to sheer laziness  on their part and/or possibly being on someone's take. 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, rainsmom said:

They could have -- and should have -- shut down production. That would have gotten someone's butt in gear.

I really doubt he refused to stop while the fire marshall was there. Short of assigning someone to follow Cowell around or if someone is constantly calling to complain there is very little the fire marshal can do.

The most likely scenario is that they tell him to stop and the asshole says ok and then continues to be an asshole once the fire marshall is gone. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 12

16 hours ago, Dani said:

I really doubt he refused to stop while the fire marshall was there. Short of assigning someone to follow Cowell around or if someone is constantly calling to complain there is very little the fire marshal can do.

The most likely scenario is that they tell him to stop and the asshole says ok and then continues to be an asshole once the fire marshall is gone. 

The fire marshall shuts down production until he stops.   He puts out his ciggy.   Production opens back up.    Fire marshall leave.   Simon lights back up.   Plus he takes it out on whoever he THINKS called.   I think that is more likely what happened, nobody bothered to call knowing it would do no good.   Look what happened to Gabrielle Union when she did complain.

Also what's the fine?   I know for smoking in elevators here the fine is all of $25.    Not much of a deterrent really.   What stops people from smoking these days is public pressure not the threat of fines.    There was no one on that set individually or as a group strong enough to pressure Cowell into stopping.   

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The fire marshall shuts down production until he stops.   He puts out his ciggy.   Production opens back up.    Fire marshall leave.   Simon lights back up.   Plus he takes it out on whoever he THINKS called.   I think that is more likely what happened, nobody bothered to call knowing it would do no good.   Look what happened to Gabrielle Union when she did complain.

Also what's the fine?   I know for smoking in elevators here the fine is all of $25.    Not much of a deterrent really.   What stops people from smoking these days is public pressure not the threat of fines.    There was no one on that set individually or as a group strong enough to pressure Cowell into stopping.   

If entire restaurants can somehow stay smoke free despite being loaded with California-based celebs, agents, producers,etc. why should this one workplace be allowed to skirt the law  to appease a  single non-citizen  ? Bogus [not you- their tudes]!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Blergh said:

If entire restaurants can somehow stay smoke free despite being loaded with California-based celebs, agents, producers,etc. why should this one workplace be allowed to skirt the law  to appease a  single non-citizen  ? Bogus [not you- their tudes]!

The difference is that Simon Cowell runs the show.  He was not smoking in a public place where people not invested in making him happy could complain.  Sure, the fire marshals can be called and can tell him he's not supposed to smoke indoors in the workplace, but there's nothing to prevent him from lighting up again as soon as they leave, particularly in a toxic workplace where it has been made clear that he is a dictator and he makes all rules.  In the case of a restaurant, a member of the public, one who isn't on the payroll, could call and complain and the restaurant would be shut down and would be in danger of losing its license.  If, after the marshals left, someone else lit up, they'd be called again, and again, and again.  Therefore, because the public is able to protest without consequence to themselves, the problem gets addressed or the restaurant goes out of business.  Cowell simply made it clear that any employee who didn't like the fact that he smoked on the premises was going to lose their job if they did anything about it. And, then, he followed through.  Most people need their jobs, they cannot afford to piss off their boss.

Simon Cowell is an a**.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

What is up with Kid Rock?  This article explains WHY Kid said he had an issue with Oprah and was slamming her with on stage expletives, but, it doesn't make a lot of sense.  I mean, carrying a grudge about a questionaire from many years ago makes you that ticked off?  Odd.  Plus, I'm not sure I believe the story about the questionaire from the Oprah show. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/30/kid-rock-explains-problem-with-oprah-after-explicit-rant/

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

What is up with Kid Rock?

Wild Turkey: You are what you drink.

(Joke credit to Truett S. Beasley Jr.)

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 18

14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think she really comprehends the situation really. 

Well from what I read and saw it does not seem she is any different than before. It's just her wanting to be back in the public eye and relevant. She can't seem to do anything else, she is what her parents have created and they were all about the public eye. So I can see if she feels she can't put out 'content' she feels lost. I did notice that in the video she wore very little make-up and that may be because she was dropped by most of her sponsors (cosmetics and fashion companies) and has no product to promote? 

Edited by free2think
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, I saw this on People site too. I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't think she really comprehends the situation really. 

More like she really doesn't give a fuck because she's not being charged but she knew she had to wait awhile. So she's going to giggle about make-up application (and have to blur out the brand names) and do her thing. She's like a non-vicious version of Vedda from Mildred Pierce. Normally I'd feel bad but Lori and Mossimo really did reap what they sowed.

• Like 21

12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What is up with Kid Rock?  This article explains WHY Kid said he had an issue with Oprah and was slamming her with on stage expletives, but, it doesn't make a lot of sense.  I mean, carrying a grudge about a questionaire from many years ago makes you that ticked off?  Odd.  Plus, I'm not sure I believe the story about the questionaire from the Oprah show. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/30/kid-rock-explains-problem-with-oprah-after-explicit-rant/

I got to admit some mixed feelings here and I can't say I'm a fan of his by any means.

However; considering how often and profusely even prominent celebs coming to her show  seemed to gush over Miss Winfrey and she made sure the audience knew how much they loved HER gifts and were supposedly grateful re  how much she was honoring them, I can actually find it credible  that her producers would try to insist he name five things he loved about her. 

NOT that this  justified such a vile rant (and I hope there were no children anywhere near there when it happened) - especially years after he pulled the plug on the intended spot, but I can believe it.

Still, had I been in his spot, I'd have just quietly told them thanks but no thanks, then have a good chuckle to myself  re considering the source.  

Oh, and it should be noted that he was brought up in  a cushy suburb of Detroit the son of a successful car dealer so it's a bit bogus him trying to outredneck the rednecks, IMO. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Perhaps when all the legal dust settles, Olivia Mossimo could get a job playing   'glamorous airheads' in the first parts of those O'Keefe's elbow grease commercials- as long as she doesn't mind getting shot down by the hardworking scoffers who actually sell the products! 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

7 hours ago, Blergh said:

I got to admit some mixed feelings here and I can't say I'm a fan of his by any means.

However; considering how often and profusely even prominent celebs coming to her show  seemed to gush over Miss Winfrey and she made sure the audience knew how much they loved HER gifts and were supposedly grateful re  how much she was honoring them, I can actually find it credible  that her producers would try to insist he name five things he loved about her. 

NOT that this  justified such a vile rant (and I hope there were no children anywhere near there when it happened) - especially years after he pulled the plug on the intended spot, but I can believe it.

Still, had I been in his spot, I'd have just quietly told them thanks but no thanks, then have a good chuckle to myself  re considering the source.  

Oh, and it should be noted that he was brought up in  a cushy suburb of Detroit the son of a successful car dealer so it's a bit bogus him trying to outredneck the rednecks, IMO. 

Hmmm.....I suppose it's possible, but, I watched all seasons of Oprah and am trying to envision what Kid describes. Hard to imagine. From what I observed, the show was laser focused on making their guests feel welcomed and as comfortable as possible.  For them to ask a celebrity guest, or any guest really, to make a list of things they lovedabout the host sounds implausible, imo.  I would think Oprah would find it insulting and/or laughable.  I doubt she'll comment though.  It's not really worth it, considering the source.

It's funny, because,  I have been a Kid Rock fan.  I actually went to see him in concert some years ago! lol  I wonder if Kid has a lot of personal problem.  PLUS, he seems to have issues with a lot people.  He was forced out as Grand Marshall of the Nashville Christmas Parade last year and has created issues with his questionable taste in building decor for his new business in Nashville. lol

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/01/04/kid-rock-big-ass-honky-tonk-nashville-broadway/2481791002/

He sure has a cute little granddaughter.  Photos on link below. 

https://countryrebel.com/kid-rock-shares-priceless-photo-from-disney-vacation-with-granddaughter/

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Blergh said:

I can actually find it credible  that her producers would try to insist he name five things he loved about her. 

To me I find that incredible.  As in I don't believe it for one minute.  It's the kind of thing people can say without much fear of contradiction because anyone who would believe it in the first place isn't going to believe a denial.  I guess Oprah should be grateful he didn't say something really dirty about her.  Wouldn't put it past him.

• Like 10

Oh, yes, and the reason why Kid Rock was 'forced out' as Grand Marshall of the Nashville Christmas parade  in 2018 was because not too long beforehard he called Joy Behar the b-word and refused to apologize.

Here's the thing. Afterwards, one James Shaw, Jr. was selected as a replacement. Mr. Shaw was known as 'The Waffle House Hero' after April,2018 -having wrestled the assault rifle away from the person who'd burst into a branch of that chain and had already killed several people. Mr. Shaw had put himself in the line of fire to save the lives of everyone else in that restaurant and then personally raised over $100,000 for the injured victims and survivors of that horrible ordeal! Believe it or not, there were folks who thought that Kid Rock deserved to have been the Grand Marshall MORE than Mr. Shaw who had done so much for others- and while putting his own life at risk! To be honest, IMO, I think Mr. Shaw who did what he did should have been the ONLY person considered for the Grand Marshall of that parade that year! 

Yes, Kid Rock has a cute granddaughter but she and her father (his son) Robert James Ritchie,Jr. are biracial so I wonder how they feel about his insistence about displaying the Confederate flag. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.