Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Yeah, people who have been a pleasant part of the TV audience's daily lives for more than three decades don't grow on trees. They're not paying Vanna and Pat for the difficulty of actually performing their jobs; there are thousands of people in Hollywood who could do them capably. But they wouldn't have the same connection to millions of longtime viewers, and I bet ratings would tank or at least substantially decline on a perennial money-maker for the studio.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

I hope this girl's home life (is she still living with her parents?) has not become awful. There could be all sorts of stuff going on we don't know about.

I'm really surprised that T.I. or Tiny haven't made any kind of statement, you would think T.I. would either be defending himself or apologizing.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, GaT said:

I hope this girl's home life (is she still living with her parents?) has not become awful. There could be all sorts of stuff going on we don't know about.

I'm really surprised that T.I. or Tiny haven't made any kind of statement, you would think T.I. would either be defending himself or apologizing.

As has been stated upthread by another poster, Tiny isn’t the young woman’s mother.

• Useful 1

8 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

As has been stated upthread by another poster, Tiny isn’t the young woman’s mother.

Oh, I must have missed the post, I thought she was. So I wonder why her mother isn't saying anything.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

Oh, I must have missed the post, I thought she was. So I wonder why her mother isn't saying anything.

Maybe her mother just isn't saying anything publicly in order not to incite him into making more stupid statements.  I hope she did speak to her daughter privately

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe her mother just isn't saying anything publicly in order not to incite him into making more stupid statements.  I hope she did speak to her daughter privately

Maybe, or maybe it's money based, but still, it's not her daughter she needs to speak to.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Um... I loves me some John Legend. But, "Sexiest Man Alive"!?! No. Nope. Nah. Mm-mm. 🤢

• Like 5
  • Laugh 12

Speaking of John Legend, the Mrs. and Sharon Osbourne disagree on his revised lyrics to "Baby It's Cold Outside". The clips from The Talk are from last week (11/4) and today (11/12):

By the way, I agree with Sharon about the lyrics.

• Like 5

Actor Ron Perlman files for divorce from wife of 38 years after kissing co-star Allison Dunbar

Actor Ron Perlman filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 40 years, Opal Stone Perlman, five months after he was spotted kissing his “StartUp” co-star Allison Dunbar.

According to court documents obtained by Page Six, Ron filed a dissolution of marriage without minor children petition on Tuesday at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Los Angeles.

Ron, 69, and Opal, 68, were married on Valentine’s Day in 1981, and share two adult children: Blake Perlman, 35, and Brandon Avery Perlman, 29.

TMZ reports that Ron listed the couple’s date of separation as May 10. Just five days later, paparazzi took photos of the “Hellboy” star kissing Dunbar outside of the Alexander Steakhouse in Pasadena, California, on May 15.

In the pictures, Dunbar, whose age has not been confirmed but is believed to be in her mid-40s, wore a large diamond ring on her engagement finger.

The actress has shared a few photos of her and Ron together on social media. In November 2018, she captioned a video of the pair, “Me and bish.”

Ron’s rep and attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.

Well, dang!  I always liked him.  Did you ever see pics of him with a critically ill little boy whose idol was Hellboy?  Ron not only met him in full HB array, he brought the film's makeup guy to transform the kid into a mini HB.  It was sweet beyond belief.

• Like 6

On 11/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, Katy M said:

About 10 years ago, give or take, I was talking to two older ladies and they brought up James Dean.  I had of course heard of him, but had never really been interested in him or watched any of his movies. One of them mentioned that he had only been in 3 movies.  I was utterly shocked.  I had to fact check that when I got home.  I thought surely someone who is discussed so much, and everybody loved, etc, had to have been in way more than 3 movies.

He also did a lot of television, and a surprising amount of it survives. You can see that he had more range if you see it.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000015/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Every so often Turner Classic Movies will run his TV work, usually on his birthday, February 8th.  Though how many people have seen it I don't know.  I like him in East of Eden and Giant (except for the old-age make-up part) better than Rebel Without a Cause which I've always found kind of silly - a super-arty but generic teenage hot-rod film.

It really is a case of mourning wasted potential - and he was actually huge at the time.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Well, dang!  I always liked him.  Did you ever see pics of him with a critically ill little boy whose idol was Hellboy?  Ron not only met him in full HB array, he brought the film's makeup guy to transform the kid into a mini HB.  It was sweet beyond belief.

I like him well enough as an actor and human being from what I have seen and read. I'm not in that marriage, so I can't judge him for how/why he failed at his marriage, but I don't think it should paint him in a bad light. If he was separated from his wife back in May before the pics of kissing the 'other women,' then things were not right in his marriage for a while. It's always sad when a long term marriage crumbles, but that couple knows each other very well, and I'm sure both contributed to its end.

• Like 11

Separate cases, different judges, but this has got to be unsettling news for Lori Loughlin.

Judge calls USC dad a 'thief,' gives longest prison sentence so far in college admissions scandal

Toby MacFarlane, a former real estate and title insurance executive from California, was sentenced to six months in prison Wednesday for paying $450,000 to get his daughter and son admitted into the University of Southern California as fake athletic recruits.

• Like 11
  • Useful 5

I don't know who he is, but I want to wash his hair and shave his face, because what's under all that does indeed look good.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 13

6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't know who he is, but I want to wash his hair and shave his face, because what's under all that does indeed look good.

How's this?

Jason-Mamoa_mancrushmonday_CA.jpg.d8ee2966e20d67ea722d4d673eb5994c.jpg

Jason Momoa. Lisa Bonet's husband. Aquaman. 

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Jason Momoa.

Ah, okay; I've read his name in other conversations about men to drool over, and probably even asked "Who's that?" before, but obviously the image didn't stick with me.  Your second photo is more attractive to me, yes, because his hair doesn't look greasy, but I just do not like facial hair at all.  I like what I see of the face underneath, though, so I certainly understand the appeal; there's a definite magnetism even just in pictures (I looked him up, and I've never seen any of his TV/movie projects).  Go ahead, Lisa Bonet.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Ah, okay; I've read his name in other conversations about men to drool over, and probably even asked "Who's that?" before, but obviously the image didn't stick with me.  Your second photo is more attractive to me, yes, because his hair doesn't look greasy, but I just do not like facial hair at all.  I like what I see of the face underneath, though, so I certainly understand the appeal; there's a definite magnetism even just in pictures (I looked him up, and I've never seen any of his TV/movie projects).  Go ahead, Lisa Bonet.

Here you go

beards-750x450.jpg

• Like 8

Jeopardy! Fans Organizing Charitable Play-Along on November 14 & 15 Benefiting Pancreatic Cancer

Basically, the linked info says this...

TODAY & TOMORROW/TONIGHT & TOMORROW NIGHT, November 14 & 15, the 2-part finals of the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions is scheduled to air (check local listings for time & channel in your city; it could normally be delayed a day, or moved to a different [late night] timeslot/otherwise delayed if the networks are covering the impeachment hearings when the show normally airs in your city).

A fan of the show is organizing/trying to organize a “play-along” of either or both of these 2 episodes, to benefit Pancreatic Cancer research in honor of host Alex Trebek, currently fighting the illness, & a Teachers’ Tournament champion who passed away from Pancreatic Cancer last year.

Basically, anyone who chooses to participate in the play-along is encouraged to watch either or both of the finals episodes & donate, like, $1 for each answer you get correct to the Lustgarten Foundation or any other Pancreatic Cancer-related charity you see fit.

Check the linked article in case there are details there that I missed. Posting this in the event anyone here might choose to participate in the play-along.

• Like 14

One of the Varsity Blue parents got six months for paying $450k. Is it safe to assume Lori L and husband might have received similar? Six months probably feel like years in prison but not bad compared to what they're facing if convicted. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

• Like 4

I suppose congratulations are in order for Bode Miller and his wife upon the birth of their twins born on Friday, although, I was rather surprised that they would plan a home birth knowing there were twins, which, from what I have read is high risk.  That, in light of the loss of their toddler daughter due to drowning at a neighbor's pool, while wife was  their visiting a couple of years, makes me question why take such risks. Bode is very proud that HE and his mom delivered the twins, when none of their midwives showed up.  Makes me wonder if that was the plan all along.  I have no proof of this.  I'm using the link below, because, it has the most photos of the family.  The big theme is that Bode has always dreamed of having twin sons on his birthday.  They did, but, just not quite on his birthday.  The more I read about this family.....IDK. Odd. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7677139/Bode-Miller-delivers-newborn-twin-boys.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Momoa has more sex appeal in his scarred eyebrow than Legend has in his whole body. 

You speak the truth (although I do prefer clean shaven, bathed Momoa instead of the hairy beast Momoa).   

The only reason I can think of for Legend getting the honor is that he must have paid big bucks to somebody on the People magazine staff.  The man has no sex appeal and Chrissy Teigen can have him.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

The only reason I can think of for Legend getting the honor is that he must have paid big bucks to somebody on the People magazine staff.  The man has no sex appeal and Chrissy Teigen can have him.

I think it’s mandatory for all the male hosts of The Voice, the Blake Shelton of it all makes me not bothered by it.

John has a sense of humor about it:

• Like 5
  • Laugh 13

It's weird but I'm torn about Idris Elba.   Sometimes I think he's hot, and then there are times when I just go "meh."  

• Like 9
  • Surprise 2

It seems People chooses who is willing to do a photo shoot, etc. For me, it's always "to each his own." I rarely find their choice sexy, but I have odd tastes.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

It seems People chooses who is willing to do a photo shoot, etc. For me, it's always "to each his own." I rarely find their choice sexy, but I have odd tastes.

Publicists launch big campaigns to get their clients on the list, it is all a big PR stunt. It's no coincidence that 3 different people from The Voice have now been given the honor; NBC undoubtedly paid big bucks for the promotional boost.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

34 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Yes, I might agree with you but most of the time I can see 'why' that guy was chosen. This time I can't even see that the majority of the people in a room would agree. This article shows you all past choices and most fit the title 'sexiest'. IMHO

https://people.com/celebrity/all-the-sexiest-man-alive-covers/

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, free2think said:

Yes, I might agree with you but most of the time I can see 'why' that guy was chosen. This time I can't even see that the majority of the people in a room would agree. This article shows you all past choices and most fit the title 'sexiest'. IMHO

https://people.com/celebrity/all-the-sexiest-man-alive-covers/

But it is most definitely a YMMV situation because for me at least half of those people are just as inexplicable to me as John. Though I find thoughtful, smart, funny people sexy and so John checks those boxes for me.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 20

19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Though I find thoughtful, smart, funny people sexy and so John checks those boxes for me.

Ya, those are good traits for someone to have, but 'Sexy' is a specifically related to sexual attraction in the most obvious and perhaps shallowest way. A guy or gal with 'sex appeal' is evident when they walk into the room. No, I'm not saying everyone would 'like' that person, but everyone would know they entered the room. With one look, you want to find out more or at least do a double-take. 

Most of the men who are chosen say they are 'embarrassed' to have been selected, but this is all ego for them because this is judging them in the most simplistic way.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, free2think said:

Ya, those are good traits for someone to have, but 'Sexy' is a specifically related to sexual attraction in the most obvious and perhaps shallowest way. A guy or gal with 'sex appeal' is evident when they walk into the room. No, I'm not saying everyone would 'like' that person, but everyone would know they entered the room. With one look, you want to find out more or at least do a double-take. 

For some people that simply is not true but even than what people considered sexy physically isn’t the same and all those bland interchangeable white dudes who have long been the hallmark of the People’s list definitely don’t come across as sexy to me.  

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 16

13 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I like to think they put out a call and whoever shows up gets the gig. lol

I rarely find their choice sexy either, but I can usually see why they picked who they picked. I usually understand the mass appeal of a George Clooney (who does nothing for me but I understand why he is considered sexy but John Legend? Does he have some big project coming out that they are helping him promote or something? I honestly didn't know he was still relevant. (I am very out of touch with music.)

• Like 4

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.