Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On 11/1/2019 at 10:02 PM, catlover79 said:

True, but they can still mix things up and make it into an SVU plot.

Make it secretly murderous parents buying their spawn's entry into Hudson U after finding out it has a higher rate of student mortality than UC Sunnydale!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

32 minutes ago, Pickles said:

She clearly did not understand the gravity of the situation or maybe it was a case of "don't you know who I am" and she felt like the charges would go nowhere. Big mistake.

Yup, seems like she is not the only one who is in denial. The prosecution is not 'piling on' charges, they are uncovering more about what went on and are bring charges as things get uncovered. This is how the prosecution builds its case prior to going to court. They have to disclose all findings so that the defense can make their case.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

And I'm starting to find it a bit gross that every time the parents reject a plea offer a charge is added.  There is investigating and uncovering more evidence and there is intimidation.  This smells more like intimidation.

Yes.  

4 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

And I'm starting to find it a bit gross that every time the parents reject a plea offer a charge is added.  There is investigating and uncovering more evidence and there is intimidation.  This smells more like intimidation.

It’s probably a little bit of both. It’s not really that a new charge is added every time a plea is rejected. Negotiations are more fluid than that. It’s more likely there were multiple rejections before the new charges were added.

It’s not unusual for potential charges to be held back initially to give more incentive to take the deal and to give time to shore up the evidence to support the new charges. The prosecutor may have needed more of the people involved to take pleas in order to prove the added charges. Every person who pleads guilty strengthens the prosecutor’s case. 

For example the USC coach who made the fake profiles has pled guilty and agreed to cooperate. The prosecutor may have needed her statement about how the scam worked on her end to prove the bribery charge. 

9 hours ago, SeriousPurrs said:

On the other side of this mess--how did LL hear about this scheme? Through one of these "close friends"?

Just a thought.

I don’t know about LL but in the court documents some of the parents talk about hearing about it from other parents. A few of the parents who participated in the fake athlete scam seemed to be very proud about what they did. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 8
  • Useful 7

3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Make it secretly murderous parents buying their spawn's entry into Hudson U after finding out it has a higher rate of student mortality than UC Sunnydale!

No fictional parents in their right minds would send their kids to Hudson U. USA once had a Sunday marathon dedicated to episodes about Hudson U. I bailed. 😄

• Like 4
  • Laugh 15

4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Then there is LL, beaming from ear to ear, signing autographs, waving, etc.

One of the podcasts about the topic interviewed a few of those people who she signed autographs for and had come there specifically to show support and were thrilled they got her autograph so she made her fans happy. I was never into FH and haven’t seen any of her Hallmark stuff but she apparently has very dedicated loving fans. I don’t understand it she seems so blah but she made those people happy that day.

3 hours ago, free2think said:

Yup, seems like she is not the only one who is in denial. The prosecution is not 'piling on' charges, they are uncovering more about what went on and are bring charges as things get uncovered. This is how the prosecution builds its case prior to going to court. They have to disclose all findings so that the defense can make their case.

Will see so far the court doesn’t seem to be seeing the cases the same way the prosecution does as indicated by how small the sentences have been compared to what the State was asking for.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

From the article:

"For the last two years, Felicity and younger daughter Georgia have been going to The Teen Project two to three times a week and tutoring young high school girls to help them get their GED," the source says. "These are girls who are from at-risk populations, who have been on the streets, human trafficked or suffered addiction."

So basically no change to her normal life except for maybe doing a few more hours a week. 

• Useful 3

53 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Seems like she can do more good continuing in that vein and maybe devoting more time to it than picking up litter along a highway.

She was never going to be doing that. Ideally the community should also get something out of the service. I wasn’t criticizing just that it was about how I expected it would go. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She was never going to be doing that. Ideally the community should also get something out of the service. I wasn’t criticizing just that it was about how I expected it would go. 

This may also be at least one reason why she didn't get the book thrown at her (not that any of the pleading guilty-ers really have up to now) - she was able to demonstrate that she was already doing some good for the community long before she got caught doing something illegal.  Funny though how this is the first time I'm hearing that she has a history of community service.  Most stuff I've read has been busy painting Huffman and, even more so,  Loughlin as pure evil.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Homily said:

Most stuff I've read has been busy painting Huffman and, even more so,  Loughlin as pure evil.

Not evil. Arrogant, deceitful, pious, two-faced, hypocritical, and criminal for sure, but not necessarily evil.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

at least they threw in a positive attribute.

Sorry, no, I'm using it in a negative connotation — the second meaning listed below. However, words are lovely, so you can interpret as you wish. I should have used sanctimonious.

image.png.1b9cd7fcdb6be6626ad6330536902249.png

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, free2think said:

Sorry, no, I'm using it in a negative connotation — the second meaning listed below. However, words are lovely, so you can interpret as you wish. I should have used sanctimonious.

image.png.1b9cd7fcdb6be6626ad6330536902249.png

I'd only ever heard it as the first definition.  You learn something new every day.   Although that almost makes it its own antonym.  Like cleave.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I've heard it both ways! I'm so excited I finally got to use Shawn's phase from Psych. I've heard Pious it used in both meanings.  

db86d7778a228688000fed9c971a9824.gif

• Laugh 10

On 11/4/2019 at 10:28 AM, free2think said:

Now this kid was a mess that was seen coming from far off. I remember him in a TV show my daughter used to watch on the Disney channel. He was way too good an actor at that age to not have demons driving him. I remember reading his family life was horrible and he used acting to 'get away' from real life. 

Even Stevens. I'm just about Shia's age and I remembered it pretty well. He is and was a really good actor and I thought it was really neat when he was getting pushed as a big star when he hit his early/mid-20's and his subsequent flameout was sad to watch.

As for the Lori Loughlin stuff...Bette Midler made a funny (and probably very true) joke about it:

• Like 10
  • Laugh 6

Regarding LL still having supporters.   I saw an op-ed in the WALL STREET JOURNAL of all places titled "Free Lori Loughlin."   I kid you not.    It was written by someone who claims they only know her because he has daughters who liked Full House so he got to know Aunt Becky.   he thinks its horribly unfair how the prosecutor keeps "piling" on charges.   

So yeah, she still has fans.   She still has people who think this is no big deal and should all just go away.   All she needs is ONE person like this on the jury.   

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

36 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I kid you not.    It was written by someone who claims they only know her because he has daughters who liked Full House so he got to know Aunt Becky.   he thinks its horribly unfair how the prosecutor keeps "piling" on charges.   

Seriously?  It's one thing for a kid not to be able to separate an actor and a character, but an adult?  An adult who has children?  That's just scary.

I don't care if she gets jail time or not.  It doesn't affect me in any way, so I'm not yelling in one direction or the other.  But, I certainly don't think I know her because I used to watch FH back in the day.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't care if she gets jail time or not.  It doesn't affect me in any way, so I'm not yelling in one direction or the other.  But, I certainly don't think I know her because I used to watch FH back in the day.

Agreed.  I don't have a dog in this fight.  But I'd caution those whose distaste for LL seems to be over the top that this sentiment could easily backfire.  I can see her getting a lot of support that she might not otherwise have gotten if there is too much venom directed her way in the court of public opinion.  People root for the underdog.  While it's easy to say a rich Hollywood actress who manipulated the system to her family's benefit is hardly an underdog making her the target of character assassination based on the one negative (granted hugely negative) thing we've learned about her can sway a lot of people over to her side.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

52 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

So yeah, she still has fans.   She still has people who think this is no big deal and should all just go away.   All she needs is ONE person like this on the jury. 

Jury selection would likely be trying to weed those people out. Did you watch Full House? Do you have children? Did they watch Full House? …And any other show she did that may have a following. Any Summerland fans?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Jury selection would likely be trying to weed those people out. Did you watch Full House? Do you have children? Did they watch Full House? …And any other show she did that may have a following. Any Summerland fans?

Lots of new fans now from Hallmark's When Calls the Heart.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

The Prosecutor only gets so many challenges.   Plus the judge would have to decide if the person would be unable to reach a fair verdict.   Otherwise, you would get NO jury.   I've even watched Full House.   Doesn't mean I can't make a decision based on the law.    

Or, someone lies just to get on the jury.    How would you prove it?   Unless they say  outside the jury room "I totally lied because I didn't want her convicted" not a lot you can do.   

Don't count on the jury selection process to weed out her supporters.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Or, someone lies just to get on the jury.    How would you prove it?   Unless they say  outside the jury room "I totally lied because I didn't want her convicted" not a lot you can do. 

Yep. You could prove someone has children. it would be infinitely harder to prove that said children watch FH.

22 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I've even watched Full House.   Doesn't mean I can't make a decision based on the law. 

Yep.  Me, too.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I've heard it both ways! I'm so excited I finally got to use Shawn's phase from Psych. I've heard Pious it used in both meanings.  

15 hours ago, Popples said:

db86d7778a228688000fed9c971a9824.gif

giphy.gif giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

22 hours ago, Homily said:

This may also be at least one reason why she didn't get the book thrown at her (not that any of the pleading guilty-ers really have up to now) - she was able to demonstrate that she was already doing some good for the community long before she got caught doing something illegal.  Funny though how this is the first time I'm hearing that she has a history of community service. Most stuff I've read has been busy painting Huffman and, even more so,  Loughlin as pure evil.

Regarding the bolded: Not all celebrities use their charitable/community service works to get publicity for themselves (though, in my opinion, some publicity for the organization(s) involved might be nice, if there’s a way to keep the celebrity’s name out of it). Many like to keep their good works “on the down low”, as it were. And Felicity Huffman is apparently 1 of those people.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To move link to another post so it’s noticed.
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Lots of new fans now from Hallmark's When Calls the Heart.  

Yep.  And Garage Sale Mysteries.   As a prosecutor, her Hallmark fandom is the one I'd avoid having on the jury.   There are some Hallmark fans who connect virtuousness to Hallmark, the stars on it and to themselves as viewers of it.   I think that perception is harder to fight than nostalgia. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yep.  And Garage Sale Mysteries.   As a prosecutor, her Hallmark fandom is the one I'd avoid having on the jury.   There are some Hallmark fans who connect virtuousness to Hallmark, the stars on it and to themselves as viewers of it.   I think that perception is harder to fight than nostalgia. 

So does this mean that not only will Miss Louglin's jury pool need to be vetted re whether they're Hallmark Channel/ Full House fans but also that if one juror claimed not to be and then later someone else said that they saw this person eagerly watch the above mentioned entities, that a mistrial could be declared?

3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Any doctor who goes along with this bullshit should lose their license.

Absolutely agree.  Is it too much to hope this loser is a creep but also a liar?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Homily said:

Absolutely agree.  Is it too much to hope this loser is a creep but also a liar?

I am a ball of fury about every part of the interview that I don’t know that I am fully processing it but to put that shit out there as something that can/should be done is so beyond anything that again I can only say FUCK YOU TI!

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

TI is a garbage human and I can’t even quantify how much I hope this child has active and smart women in her life.

So I say, ‘Look doc, she don’t ride no horses, she don’t ride no bike, she don’t play no sports. Just check the hymen please and give me back my results expeditiously.'”

...Fuck T.I.  

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am a ball of fury about every part of the interview that I don’t know that I am fully processing it but to put that shit out there as something that can/should be done is so beyond anything that again I can only say FUCK YOU TI!

Holly Crap...This can't EVEN be real! He is just fine with his sons having sex, just not his daughters! CRAZY. Besides, there are other ways to have sex, anal, oral, etc. so don't EVEN tell me this stops the behavior. This guy is a total ass! 

• Like 13

EEYUCCCKKK!! Poor girl being doubly humiliated like that- not only having these non-essential exams but having her [in]famous bio parent publicizing that fact!  UGH!!!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Blergh said:

EEYUCCCKKK!! Poor girl being doubly humiliated like that- not only having these non-essential exams but having her [in]famous bio parent publicizing that fact!  UGH!!!

I think it said in the article she's 18 now, so she can cut ties. I know I would.

Edited by Katy M
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

TI is a garbage human and I can’t even quantify how much I hope this child has active and smart women in her life.

That’s completely stupid he does that because, as I think was said in the Royals topic about Diana, Princess of Wales, her virginity had to be confirmed before she married Prince Charles (he couldn’t marry Camilla then because, a)I think she had already married Andrew Parker Bowles & b)She wasn’t a virgin, regardless of her marital state), & posters there said there really is no real way to confirm someone’s virginity through a physical exam.

If you’re using the “intact hymen” method, as TI seems to be, I’ve always heard that can give you a false result; at least if the hymen’s not intact because supposedly if you’re a female who’s into at least certain kinds of sports, your hymen may tear or become damaged in other ways by that activity, giving the impression you may not be a virgin, even if you still are. There are also, I think, other ways your hymen can become damaged/not intact besides sports involvement or sexual intercourse. I’m not sure if it’s possible for the hymen to appear intact but the woman involved has had sexual intercourse. Anyway, it’s just a bad idea for TI to rely on his daughter’s hymen being intact as a good indicator of his daughter’s state of virginity.

• Like 6

Drogo

This is a place for news about celebrities.

This isn't a place for news about not-celebrities.