Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

2 hours ago, Billina said:

Not a surprise that Miley and Liam are splitting, since Miley looked bored out of her mind, on their wedding day.  

This. Miley seems a bit wild and all over the place, always chasing the next big edgy thing. She doesn’t come off authentic in any way, which makes me think she has no idea who she is or what she wants to be. That’s not good marriage material whether you’re homosexual, pansexual or heterosexual. 

While Liam seems very steady and low key. I never got what they saw in each other. Maybe it was an opposites attract thing. No doubt their history, and perhaps the trauma of losing their houses in the brush fires precipitated their decision to marry.

Both are still fairly young and probably too inexperienced/immature to marry considering their opposing careers. So not surprised they’re taking a break from each other. Though I will not be surprised if in a few months they circle back to each other. That seems to be the pattern of their ongoing on again/off again relationship. 

• Like 23

11 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

She's almost 30 but still seems stuck in the mindset of wanting to prove to people she's grown up by constantly wanting to be edgy and shocking people but she just seems incredibly immature in those attempts.

Madonna 2.0

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Was anyone surprised by this...anyone? I can't believe they made it past their first anniversary!!

They didn't; they got married last December.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Was anyone surprised by this...anyone? I can't believe they made it past their first anniversary!!

They didn’t. They got married in December 2018.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, janie jones said:

They didn't; they got married last December.

Thanks...that's what I get for reading too fast! I didn't think it had been that long.

• Laugh 4

I mean, I'd hoped they would work out since I like both of them, but Miley impresses me as being about as likely to stay settled down as nitroglycerin. Maybe she'll meet someone who suits her in her 50s or 60s when she has less energy to globetrot, party, and generate headlines. Maybe Liam should aim for someone who's a bit less exciting next time.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

36 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Maybe she'll meet someone who suits her in her 50s or 60s when she has less energy to globetrot, party, and generate headlines.

Madonna is over 60 and we're still waiting for her to settle down. 😉😂

• Like 3
  • Laugh 10

I used to have a strong dislike for Miley, but, as I got to see a lot of her on The Voice as a coach, I grew to like her a lot more.  She really impressed me and I did change my opinion somewhat. I really do think that she's a good soul.  HOWEVER, Miley is Miley and you have to have a great deal of patience and understanding with her. I think you have to expect the unexpected.    To consider her as marriage material......oh my.

No one likes a told you so, but, I wonder how many of Liam's friends and family told him PLEASE do not marry her.  This is a terrible idea. But, apparently, there was something there that he could not resist.  lol  I wish them both well moving forward.  I can easily see a reconciliation in the future. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

Who is this Kaitlyn chick that Miley was photographed with? All I know about her is that she was (or wasn't) married to Brody Jenner and they also recently split. Is she a model, actress or singer? Or does she just want to bang famous people? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Who is this Kaitlyn chick that Miley was photographed with? All I know about her is that she was (or wasn't) married to Brody Jenner and they also recently split. Is she a model, actress or singer? Or does she just want to bang famous people? 

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a28169212/who-is-kaitlynn-carter-the-hills/

Apparently a blogger who made her reality TV debut on the new version of The Hills.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I mean if I had to choose between Miley and Brody Jenner, or really pick a Jenner, Miley wins hands down.......

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I mean if I had to choose between Miley and Brody Jenner, or really pick a Jenner, Miley wins hands down.......

Though neither is as stable as the deep blue sea,IMO.

Truly, I think this Kaitlyn's best option would be to take a HUGE break from the flakes and just learn to get to know herself again before getting back into the dating pool. 

• Like 6

From the article about Miley and Liam's split

“Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time. Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they have decided this is what’s best while they both focus on themselves and careers," Cyrus and Hemsworth's rep said in a statement later that day. "They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals they share while lovingly taking this time apart. Please respect their process and privacy.”

Sure yeah, We'll respect their privacy right after we finish looking through the Insta posts from Miley's new girlfriend.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Laugh 13

When Liam says, "You don't understand what it's like."  Does he mean being married to Miley or being split from Miley?  I can see how being with her would be challenging.  She's not really a conforming kind of person.  So, I can see that being an issue.  But, Liam has always known what she's like.  So, I'm not surprised that she didn't change.

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/12/liam-hemsworth-breaks-silence-on-miley-cyrus-breakup/

• Like 5

17 hours ago, kieyra said:

Yeah, I can’t imagine why it required an enormous bribe to get her into a good school. 

/s

That she didn't even want to go to in the first. I'm glad she's not taking up a space now in school she didn't even want to go to.

Honestly, go for it, honey. Own being a spoiled stuck-up bitch like Paris Hilton did when you were a toddler. No one's going to buy you as a sweet girl-next-door anyway and you're never getting those sponsors back.

I can just picture the P.R. manager's face crumbling when they saw that photo.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

I don't see a reconciliation in the future for Miley and Liam.  Maybe it took marrying Miley for Liam to see that they are just not compatible.  He learned his lesson the hard way, and it hurt, but he'll be all right.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him with someone more traditional than Miley, in the future.  Deep down, Liam is probably a laid back Aussie dude who would love nothing more than to hang out on the beach with his wife, and three kids.  Miley is just not that chick, and that's okay.  I hope they both find happiness.

Edited by Billina
  • Like 15

1 minute ago, Billina said:

I don't see a reconciliation in the future for Miley and Liam.  Maybe it took marrying Miley for Liam to see that they are just not compatible.  He learned his lesson the hard way, and it hurt, but he'll be all right.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him with someone more traditional than Miley, in the future.  Deep down, Liam is probably a laid back Aussie dude who would love nothing more than hanging out on the beach with his wife, and three kids.  Miley is just not that chick, and that's okay.  I hope they both find happiness.

And he's a Hemsworth. He'll get back in the dating game in no time. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Right? lol.  He's got nothing to worry about.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Billina said:

Deep down, Liam is probably a laid back Aussie dude who would love nothing more than to hang out on the beach with his wife, and three kids.  Miley is just not that chick, and that's okay.  I hope they both find happiness.

"Malibu" was basically Miley trying to be that chick, and yeah, it just isn't her.

It honestly kind of reminds me when Madonna did "True Blue" and tried to be more like what Sean Penn wanted but it was never going to work.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

It honestly kind of reminds me when Madonna did "True Blue" and tried to be more like what Sean Penn wanted but it was never going to work.

True Blue is actually one of my favorite Madonna albums, but I guess I should take that to the UO music thread.

Lots of comparisons to Madonna, in our discussion of Miley.  I have nothing to add to that, I just think it's interesting.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Billina said:

True Blue is actually one of my favorite Madonna albums, but I guess I should take that to the UO music thread.

Lots of comparisons to Madonna, in our discussion of Miley.  I have nothing to add to that, I just think it's interesting.

Oh, I'm not saying that it wasn't a great album, but it came in the context of Madonna trying to be what Sean Penn wanted.

• Like 5

Something just occurred to me: Did Brody Jenner have to overcome any issues re his now ex being named Kaitlyn ( pronounced the same as Caitlyn- the current name of his father) or could that have been part of the attraction?  Even though the bond ultimately didn't work out, it does make one wonder if that was a factor one way or another re getting then staying on that Mr. Jenner's radar. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dejana said:

For the members of the group, I hope they are doing whatever makes them happy (within legal boundaries, of course). If this is a hiatus similar to those taken by *NSYNC or One Direction, I hope the BTS fans are mentally prepared if the boys decide not to get back together for a long, long time...

My morning radio guys wondered if the break was due to the required 2 years of military service that all South Korean men must do between the ages of 18 to 28. 

• Useful 6

51 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Also, the most attractive Hemsworth.  At least according to this dirty old-ish lady. 

43 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Really!  This is my "you learn something new every day" something. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Something just occurred to me: Did Brody Jenner have to overcome any issues re his now ex being named Kaitlyn ( pronounced the same as Caitlyn- the current name of his father) or could that have been part of the attraction?  Even though the bond ultimately didn't work out, it does make one wonder if that was a factor one way or another re getting then staying on that Mr. Jenner's radar. 

It probably was weird for Brody, but he started dating Kaitlynn Carter in 2013, before Caitlyn Jenner came out and revealed her current name. Kaitlynn said that when they both together, the family would refer to them as Big Caitlyn and Little Kaitlynn:

https://people.com/tv/kaitlynn-carter-everything-to-know/

https://fashionweekdaily.com/kaitlynn-carter-foray-collective-dating-jenner/

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When Liam says, "You don't understand what it's like."  Does he mean being married to Miley or being split from Miley?  I can see how being with her would be challenging.  She's not really a conforming kind of person.  So, I can see that being an issue.  But, Liam has always known what she's like.  So, I'm not surprised that she didn't change.

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/12/liam-hemsworth-breaks-silence-on-miley-cyrus-breakup/

To me, Liam's comment just seems like something that someone who's sad about a divorce might say. If you feel like a breakup is the most devastating thing ever, it doesn't matter that other people have experienced wrenching splits as well, nobody else understands the pain! That sort of thing...

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

My morning radio guys wondered if the break was due to the required 2 years of military service that all South Korean men must do between the ages of 18 to 28. 

I wonder if it was the group's idea or their management company's idea. From what I can tell, K Pop groups work for their management companies, not the other way around. I just recently read how Rosé, a member of BlackPink, trained for 4 years before she was picked by her management company to be in the group, so it doesn't sound like people get together & form a group themselves. It would be interesting to find out exactly how much say band members have in their careers.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

50 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Also, the most attractive Hemsworth.  At least according to this dirty old-ish lady. 

I respectfully disagree, and vote Chris as the most attractive Hemsworth.  🙂

• Like 11
  • Laugh 3

14 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I respectfully disagree, and vote Chris as the most attractive Hemsworth.  🙂

Oh, I know I am totally in the minority and Chris gets most of the love.  But what can I say?  I like my Hemsworths tall, lanky and bearded.  The heart wants what the heart wants.  😜

• Like 7
  • Laugh 6

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

I don’t watch The Hills but listened to a podcast on The Ringer about it. Kaitlyn and Brody had been dating for two years when Caitlyn came out as trans and yes he found that awkward. Also, apparently Brody routinely treated her like shit and belittled her and called her stupid on the show so there was speculation even before they split that they should split.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Agree, 100%. I find Chris odd-looking, he looks like his face is pushed in and/or his eyes are too close together.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

True Blue the album was dedicated to Sean but True Blue and Cherish were actually written specifically written about him. Madonna stopped performing them after her divorce. Rumors of a reconciliation were sparked during her Rebel Heart Tour when Sean was seen attending some concerts and she began performing "True Blue" after not performing it for 30 years.

Edited by WhitneyWhit
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

15 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Rumors of a reconciliation were sparked during her Rebel Heart Tour when Sean was seen attending some concerts and she began performing "True Blue" after not performing it for 30 years.

Dear God, I hope that's not true. I wouldn't wish a relationship with Sean Penn on my worst enemy.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Dear God, I hope that's not true. I wouldn't wish a relationship with Sean Penn on my worst enemy.

That tour was four years ago so clearly it didn’t mean a reconciliation. He’s dating Vincent D’Onofrio’s daughter poor woman!

• Like 2
  • Surprise 4

6 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Yeah, I remember in an interview a couple months ago, they mentioned having to do military service.

I really like them and hope to see them back to performing once their military service is over.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Alex Rodriguez was doing a Giants baseball game in San Francisco, and he parked on the street about two blocks from the stadium.  Somebody broke into the car and stole an estimated $500,000 in electronics and jewelry.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/alex-rodriguez-half-a-million-car-break-in-giants-14299232.php

Not trying to blame the victim, but why would you leave expensive electronics and jewelry in your car?  Maybe the electronics were part of the car, but not the jewelry.  Most people I know don't even leave loose change in view in their cars because too many thieves will break a window to get a handful of coins.  

Doesn't make it right that those items were stolen.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Alex Rodriguez was doing a Giants baseball game in San Francisco, and he parked on the street about two blocks from the stadium.  Somebody broke into the car and stole an estimated $500,000 in electronics and jewelry.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/alex-rodriguez-half-a-million-car-break-in-giants-14299232.php

A-Rod drove himself to the game? A-Rod doesn't get a prime spot in a lighted parking garage? Still, too bad he got robbed.

And in petty theft news:

They're waiting for "Old Town Road" to fade in popularity before replacing the signs again. Might be a while on that one...

Edited by Dejana
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, Dejana said:

A-Rod drove himself to the game? A-Rod doesn't get a prime spot in a lighted parking garage? Still, too bad he got robbed.

IIRC there isn’t much of garage parking by the park.  The Muni is nearby but I’m sure he wouldn’t be riding it, LOL.  It’s been a while since I’ve been there but if my memory is correct there is some parking at the park but not much.  Anyway I’m surprised he drove himself to the park too.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

44 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Not trying to blame the victim, but why would you leave expensive electronics and jewelry in your car?  Maybe the electronics were part of the car, but not the jewelry.  Most people I know don't even leave loose change in view in their cars because too many thieves will break a window to get a handful of coins.  

Doesn't make it right that those items were stolen.

If secure parking wasn't available, surely the hotel where he was staying could've stored the jewelry for him at the very least. Or, if he's traveling as part of the broadcast group, wouldn't there have been someone in charge of handling his luggage, etc so he wouldn't need to leave valuables in an unattended car? Since A Rod doesn't live in SF, I presume the car was a rental which probably means the electronics could've been removed prior to parking it on a city street, too.  It's not his fault he was robbed, but A Rod's actions seem to indicate a lack of common sense.  Then again, he's planning to marry j Lo, so common sense may not be his strong suit.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 13

I'm surprised that ESPN didn't supply him with a limo ride to the ballpark (though they probably offered), and I'm sure he's too big a public figure to use the likes of Uber or Lyft. I would think that he'd have the jewelry and electronics insured, but who knows anymore.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Minneapple said:

From the article about Miley and Liam's split:

"Please respect their process and privacy.”

Sure yeah, We'll respect their privacy right after we finish looking through the Insta posts from Miley's new girlfriend.

First off, what does "process" even mean in this instance? Sounds like new agey BS to me.

Second, maybe we'd respect their privacy if they respected their own privacy instead of posting on social media every idiotic thought that pops into their heads.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Drogo

This is a place for news about celebrities.

This isn't a place for news about not-celebrities.