Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I was a big fan of Roseanne's TV show, and I thought ADC was really good in A Star is Born. That said, I expect their tour show to be mind-bogglingly vulgar and as non-PC as it gets. I wouldn't go to it if it came to my town, which it won't. 

I bet it produces some great and inflammatory celebrity gossip, though. So there's that! 

I wonder if Sara Gilbert and the gang will mention this on The Talk. Probably not.

• Like 3

I'm fine with vulgar, un-PC comics, as long as they're funny. 

Lewis Black? Funny.

Chris Rock? Fucking hilarious.

Roseanne and Andrew Dice Clay? Never found them funny. Never, never, never. These two aging, irrelevant has-beens attempting a comeback feels like a depressing remake of The Sunshine Boys

• Like 12
  • Laugh 4

11 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Gee, like there already isn't a large amount of what's supposed to be 'entertainment' that doesn't possess those  attributes. To each one's own but I didn't like vulgarity and non-PC before they were  trendy and I don't like it now.  

I hope my post made clear that I don't like these things either. 

27 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

And unfunny. Don't forget unfunny.

To be fair, when Roseanne started out in stand-up, she was extremely funny. She was a massive hit on the Tonight show. But then again, that was a hundred millibleems ago. 

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

To be fair, when Roseanne started out in stand-up, she was extremely funny. She was a massive hit on the Tonight show. But then again, that was a hundred millibleems ago. 

Agree.  Roseanne's early stand-up was pretty funny, and I loved Roseanne, and I wish she hadn't tainted reruns were her racist ramblings.  Andrew Dice Clay, however, was never funny. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Today, which apparently would’ve been the late Chef & TV Food Personality Anthony Bourdain’s birthday, is unofficially “Bourdain Day”, according to his friends who created it. Among events set to mark the day, the announcement of an Anthony Bourdain Legacy Scholarship, for students at the Culinary Institute of America pursuing a semester abroad, taking part in 1 of the CIA’s global cuisines & cultures international programs, & ultimately the opportunity to follow Anthony’s global path of discovery & curiosity. 

From EsquireBourdain Day Is About Turning Grief Into Celebration, Say the Chefs Who Created It

Thank you for the link.

Ovation is now playing repeats of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations."  

• Like 4

When it feels like there's actual malice behind the mockery things stop being funny for me. As has happened with Dave Chappelle, whose new calling in life seems to be devoting his act to telling LGBTQ folks to shut up about discrimination.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

Here I thought Andrew Dice Clay had remodeled himself when he appeared as Lady Gaga's father.  He did a good job in that role.  But now he's back to being his typical jerky guy.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

That, and bitching about millennials. Oh, if I hear one more comedian over 40 bitch about millennials, I'm going to take a flying leap off my balcony. It's already so tired, so dated, and it isn't even funny or accurate, it's just prematurely decrepit men (it's mostly men, though some women are guilty of it) yelling at clouds*. Sorry, comedy purists, but I completely believe that if George Carlin and Bill Hicks had lived, they'd jump on this annoying band wagon as well.

Curse, don't curse, I don't care, but have a point and punch up, not down. 

*Just so we're clear, I'm not a millennial (but I do love avocado toast!).

I'm not a millennial either, and I've been tired of it for a couple of years now, at least. 

• Like 10

I remember when bashing baby boomers was hilarious.  It's always funny to "pick on the kids" I guess.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Someone posted about Beth Chapman upthread yesterday about her being placed in a medically induced coma.  Apparently, things are not going to turn out well for her.  An update is at the link below. 

I'm now reading different things than what has been reported in the media about Beth over the last couple of years.  I also saw their special documentary about her fight against the throat cancer.  It was reported that she had Stage 3 throat cancer.  Now, they are reporting stage 4 lung cancer.  So, I'm not sure what to believe.  I have read that regardless of the location, the type of cancer stays the same, no matter where it turns up.  Anyone know?

I hate cancer.  It's so cruel.  Prayers for Beth and her family.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/06/25/beth-chapman-dog-bounty-hunter-husband-duane-hospital-update/1556073001/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Sad 8

35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone posted about Beth Chapman upthread yesterday about her being placed in a medically induced coma.  Apparently, things are not going to turn out well for her.  An update is at the link below. 

I'm now reading different things than what has been reported in the media about Beth over the last couple of years.  I also saw their special documentary about her fight against the throat cancer.  It was reported that she had Stage 3 throat cancer.  Now, they are reporting stage 4 lung cancer.  So, I'm not sure what to believe.  I have read that regardless of the location, the type of cancer stays the same, no matter where it turns up.  Anyone know?

I hate cancer.  It's so cruel.  Prayers for Beth and her family.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/06/25/beth-chapman-dog-bounty-hunter-husband-duane-hospital-update/1556073001/

I think the reporter didn't describe the progression of the disease properly.  I think that what he should've said was that she was initially diagnosed with Stage II throat cancer but now the tumor has metastasized to her lungs which means it is Stage IV.  When you're talking about cancer, you describe it in terms of where it began, not where it is now.  Therefore, if my assumption is correct, she has Stage IV throat cancer which has spread to her lungs.

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/types/throat/throat-cancer-diagnosis/throat-cancer-stages

BTW, Michael Douglas said that his throat cancer was Stage IV when it was diagnosed and he obviously has done very well.  Beth seems to have a more aggressive tumor though. Overall, about 40% of people with Stage IV throat cancer are alive after 5 years which is better than many other cancers.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

*Just so we're clear, I'm not a millennial (but I do love avocado toast!).

Millennials!  *shakes fist*

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Homily said:

I remember when bashing baby boomers was hilarious.  It's always funny to "pick on the kids" I guess.

I think the other issue about these stupid jokes is that a ton of millennials are in their 30s, it starts in 1981, so haven’t been kids for a long time. 

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think the other issue about these stupid jokes is that a ton of millennials are in their 30s, it starts in 1981, so haven’t been kids for a long time. 

Millennial is shorthand for "don't trust anyone under 30" as far as I can tell.  To be fair it's hard to know what to call anyone born after the boom.  Gen X?  Millennial?  Boom echo?  Apparently today's current crop of kids are called generation Z.  Did anyone know that?  I certainly didn't!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

30 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think the reporter didn't describe the progression of the disease properly.  I think that what he should've said was that she was initially diagnosed with Stage II throat cancer but now the tumor has metastasized to her lungs which means it is Stage IV.  When you're talking about cancer, you describe it in terms of where it began, not where it is now.  Therefore, if my assumption is correct, she has Stage IV throat cancer which has spread to her lungs.

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/types/throat/throat-cancer-diagnosis/throat-cancer-stages

BTW, Michael Douglas said that his throat cancer was Stage IV when it was diagnosed and he obviously has done very well.  Beth seems to have a more aggressive tumor though. Overall, about 40% of people with Stage IV throat cancer are alive after 5 years which is better than many other cancers.

I appreciate that explanation.  While she did have at least one surgery, I don't think she had chemo. (I'm told article says she did.)  It seems that even with Stage IV throat cancer, the survival rate is good.  I hope they are wrong about Beth and that she is able to pull through. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

On 6/24/2019 at 1:30 PM, doodlebug said:

And, in a sense, he was, because how was he going to have a home up to the standards that his kids with Britney were used to and not have his other kids live there, too?  That means he needed a very nice house large enough for his whole family.  If Britney's boys are used to having their own rooms, then he has to provide that for them, too, no sharing bunks in with the other kids.  How does he take his sons with Britney out for a meal or for entertainment without ever bringing his other kids along?  The paparazzi follow Britney's kids, he needs security when they are out with him and that costs a bundle.

In addition, the children of the very wealthy are expected to attend high end private schools, get tutoring as needed, get music lessons, swimming lessons, tennis lessons and who knows what else. If the well to do parent belongs to a country club where the kids go to play tennis or swim, the other parent needs a membership, too, so the kids can go with them.  If the kid only wears high end clothing with dad, then he/she needs the same with mom. If the kid is taking piano lessons, then mom needs a piano and, if she can't afford it, dad needs to provide it.

It may not seem fair, but divorce isn't fair to kids either.

I think it's ironic that Brynn Cameron is being shamed for the amount of child support she receives and Kevin Federline isn't . Nobody is asking him to donate some of his money to poor single parents. What happens when his support from Britney ends and he can't maintain the same standard of living?

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

I think it's ironic that Brynn Cameron is being shamed for the amount of child support she receives and Kevin Federline isn't . Nobody is asking him to donate some of his money to poor single parents. What happens when his support from Britney ends and he can't maintain the same standard of living?

I had no idea he was getting child support. Ugh. Those poor children. Their mother is mentally unwell and their father is, well, Kevin Federline. I hope a lot of that money is going towards therapy. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I had no idea he was getting child support. Ugh. Those poor children. Their mother is mentally unwell and their father is, well, Kevin Federline. I hope a lot of that money is going towards therapy. 

They're going to need it!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Seriously, what the F*** is wrong with people ??? She is SEVEN !!!!

Lexi Rabe: 7-year-old Avengers actress says 'please don't bully me'

I'm really thinking we need to institute some kind of time out punishment thing for adults who behave badly on social media. Treat them like you would treat kids who act up and go, "You can have your internet/social media privileges back when you (genuinely) apologize and learn to behave yourself." 

And if that doesn't work, then just cut off their internet access entirely, period. 

• Like 19

In this case it sounds like people are watching how the little girl acts in public, presumably in person, then they're going online and complaining she's bratty or entitled. 

I raised 4 generally well-behaved children, and I had the same policy as this mother. If they misbehaved in public, I dealt with it later in private so as not to make a scene or humiliate them in front of people. It worked really well, because we weren't famous, and there was no internet. To observers, it probably looked like I was unconcerned. 

If there were internet then, there'd be some really embarrassing videos of my kids having meltdowns in stores, toddlers escaping from me in movie theatres, the usual. Thankfully, these things have vanished from all but our memories, so we can laugh about them. 

The internet is such a double-edged sword. My fear is that someday purely by accident or a twist of fate, I'll end up on it, the target of mass disapproval. If I do, feel free to post all about me right here. 😁

• Like 16

12 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I wonder if Sara Gilbert and the gang will mention this on The Talk. Probably not.

...and they did not.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

...and they did not.

Roseanne isn't nearly as important as she wants to be. I doubt they even considered giving her air time.

• Like 13

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

My kids are not millenials.  They are Y Gen or X Gen and they were born 1985-1990.

Millenials are those born after 1995, my understand was.

• Useful 1

2 minutes ago, roamyn said:

My kids are not millenials.  They are Y Gen or X Gen and they were born 1985-1990.

Gen Y and Millennials are the same thing and they were born between 1980 and 1994.  Gen Z or the iGeneration were born post 95

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

7 minutes ago, roamyn said:

That isn’t accurate. I mean they are made up names but Gen X ended in 1980 and Gen Y never caught on so they switched it to millennials. Dates vary but 1981-1996 is the most agreed upon. Generation Z is for those after 1995/1996. So by the standard classification your kids are millennials.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

I looked it up a few years back because I was really interested in the classifications and I found out that the only group truly recognized with firm dates are Baby Boomers which is 1946 to 1964. There are debates about any of the others as to when they begin* and end. I know that some of my friends born in the early 80s have trouble with wondering if they are Gen X or Millennials because they have an understanding of both. They'll remember things that my kids (1988 and 1992) don't but they grew up with more tech than Gen X. 

*Except Gen X which I am from did begin in 1965.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, festivus said:

I looked it up a few years back because I was really interested in the classifications and I found out that the only group truly recognized with firm dates are Baby Boomers which is 1946 to 1964. There are debates about any of the others as to when they begin* and end. I know that some of my friends born in the early 80s have trouble with wondering if they are Gen X or Millennials because they have an understanding of both. They'll remember things that my kids (1988 and 1992) don't but they grew up with more tech than Gen X. 

*Except Gen X which I am from did begin in 1965.

I was born in the mid-70s and have been labeled as millennial more times than I can count, so it does seem like there’s a bit of fuzziness going on there. Although I do wonder if people just mean “someone younger than a baby boomer — that I don’t like” when they say “millennial” in that case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

So what comes after Generation Z? 

Because whoever decides these things has no on scintilla of imagination, generation Alpha.

My crystal ball says Generation Beta will be after that. 

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, janie jones said:

For a hot minute, there was something called Xennials which covered people born in the early '80s for basically the reasons you mentioned, but then the sociologists decided they didn't need to be separated from the rest of the Millennials.

LOL, Xennials would be a weird term indeed :p. 

Yeah, it's odd...I was born in 1984, so I'm on the older end of the millennial spectrum, but it does throw me when I hear people talking (or, in some cases, complaining) about millennials because it seems like they're focusing more on people who are in their early to mid 20s today, and their concerns and issues are going to be different in some ways from the stuff I was dealing with when I was that age. 

• Like 8

I’m in the older millennial camp, and some of the stereotypes apply to me, some are completely off.

I am a progressive, avocado loving vegan, but I prefer shopping in malls, am good with money, and don’t post everything about my life on social media.

• Like 3

Just now, RealHousewife said:

I wish people would leave the celeb kids alone. It’s different if they turn 18 and put themselves in the public eye by following in the footsteps of their parents. If they’re just little kids who did nothing but be born into famous families, it takes a special kind of mean to go after them. 

I am no way suggesting that body shaming the children of celebrities is okay. I don’t think it’s okay to do it to adults either but Tori and Dean use their kids for publicity and put them out in the public eye for money all the time so I wish they would think about the ramifications of those choices on their children. 

• Like 20
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

^ You’re absolutely right. I don’t follow them tbh, but I don’t like the idea of kids being pushed in front of the camera. We all know how cruel people can be, especially online. 

• Like 10

I totally agree as well. Quite a few celebrities go to great lengths to keep their children's faces hidden from cameras and I'm totally behind this. If your "private" life with your children is literally a TV show, that comes with huge consequences to both your children and your marriage, as the Osbornes discovered a long time ago. They're playing with dynamite. 

• Like 16

I don't know why anybody would want to be on a reality show, celebrity or not.  It's just too invasive, and if you don't invent drama, it's boring.  But, then, not everybody knows that the drama is invented, so you're judged by what's on-screen.

Competition shows like Survivor or the Amazing Race, or talent shows like American Idol are one thing.  But, shows that just live in your house and follow you around everywhere.  No.  Just no.   And that includes shows like The Bachelor.  I don't consider that a competition show because competing against a group of random women for a man should just not be a thing.

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, Katy M said:

don't consider that a competition show because competing against a group of random women for a man should just not be a thing.

Yuck. Yes. I never watch it for that reason. 

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Same thing with The Bachelorette.

Yes, I was just trying to not be overly wordy.  I figured it went without saying.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yes, I was just trying to not be overly wordy.  I figured it went without saying.

Yes, I just added that one since it's currently on. 

• Like 1

Giant Misfit

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.