Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, that is hardly the same as the child of a homeless person making a huge financial success of their life.

Of course it’s not but life isn’t that binary and those aren’t the only two options.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

but, that's not the same as being self-made and that's what is being debated.  Many children of millionaire's manage to take their inheritance and make something of it, which isn't nothing since many manage to squander it all. But, that is hardly the same as the child of a homeless person making a huge financial success of their life.

Yeah, it's not that hard to become a billionaire when you've spent your entire life as a multi-millionaire. I don't know that it's 'self made' to spend the money mommy got your by whoreing you out on TV to buy your success. She didn't work her way up from anything. She didn't spend years learning a trade and turning that into something. She basically used her last name to become a "brand". 

How, if they meant self made in the sense of buying pretty much everything about herself, then yes, her face, her body, her hair, they are all self made and not the way she would look naturally. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, UYI said:

J-Lo + A-Rod=J-Rod? 

Either way, they're engaged!

4th time's the charm?

• Like 5
  • Laugh 12

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

4th time's the charm?

In all seriousness, it could very well be. It's been several years now since her last marriage ended. And there's something about her and Alex that I really like (I mean, as much as I can concerning celebrities I don't even know, lol). 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, it's not that hard to become a billionaire when you've spent your entire life as a multi-millionaire. I don't know that it's 'self made' to spend the money mommy got your by whoreing you out on TV to buy your success. She didn't work her way up from anything. She didn't spend years learning a trade and turning that into something. She basically used her last name to become a "brand". 

How, if they meant self made in the sense of buying pretty much everything about herself, then yes, her face, her body, her hair, they are all self made and not the way she would look naturally. 

She isn't like Michelle Phan and Pat McGarth. (Michelle has a $500 million business, Pat has a billion dollar one). Michelle spent years building her online business with her make up tutorials and Pat worked 20 some odd years in high fashion and her way up to being the top make up artist. 

Even when Kylie was "cut off"  (but wouldn't the show pay her because she is on it?) she still had more resources then either of these ladies when they were growing up with their working class single mothers.

• Like 10

I forgot Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez were even dating, which is actually a good thing, since she's been known to jump into marriages/relationships.  Wishing them well, but the cynical part of me is thinking, "It's J-Lo.  This will not end well."  I can't help it.

Edited by Shakma
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Shakma said:

I forgot Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez were even dating, which is actually a good thing, since she's been known to jump into marriages/relationships.  Wishing them well, but the cynical part of me is thinking, "It's J-Lo.  This will not end well."  I can't help it.

They have been dating for over 2 years. 

Other news about them apparently she and Joanna Gaines are remodeling their new Malibu home and filming it.

Well this could get interesting! 

He also posted his phone number.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Surprise 10

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Other news about them apparently she and Joanna Gaines are remodeling their new Malibu home and filming it.

I hope J-Lo loves farm décor, shiplap, and barn doors because Joanna Gaines can't do much else. Good luck on letting her loose on your Malibu house. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13

5 hours ago, Shakma said:

Wishing them well, but the cynical part of me is thinking, "It's J-Lo. This will not end well." I can't help it.

Me, too. But she always comes off as such a straightforward, friendly, genuine person on talk shows and interviews (especially considering what she's endured with the paps and being an international gossip target) that I can't help but root for her.

Edited by 2727
  • Like 11

38 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I hope J-Lo loves farm décor, shiplap, and barn doors because Joanna Gaines can't do much else. Good luck on letting her loose on your Malibu house. 

She apparently does and is a huge fan. The met because Alex got her a meeting with Joanna as a gift because she is such a huge fan. There is no accounting for taste.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Good grief, did Canseco really have to go there. Not that I doubt him, but there is no need to put people's business out on social media.

• Like 8
  • Surprise 2

3 hours ago, Shakma said:

Yeah, but to be fair it seems she has seen a lot of men who ended things badly with other flames/wives before things ended badly with her (P.Diddy, Marc Anthony, Ben Affleck, etc.). Now this A-Rod person doesn't seem to have had the best track record either. Perhaps, somehow they'll have each learned from their mistakes in previous relationships and each work to make this one somehow work but I wouldn't bet the farm on that outcome!  I just hope their respective kids somehow are able to ride this unscathed regardless of how/if this works out! 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Good grief, did Canseco really have to go there. Not that I doubt him, but there is no need to put people's business out on social media.

On the other hand, he might have spared Jennifer another divorce by blabbing about it.  I agree that a private call would have been much better, though.

Edited by Shakma
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Shakma said:

On the other hand, he might have spared Jennifer another divorce by blabbing about it.  I agree that a private call would have been much better, though.

I have serious doubts that this tweet will cause them to breakup. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Shakma said:

I find it difficult to believe that J-Lo doesn't know that Alex Rodriguez is a cheat or that he is cheating on her. She is just doing her thing which is dating/marrying men with baggage.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Shakma said:

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I find it difficult to believe that J-Lo doesn't know that Alex Rodriguez is a cheat or that he is cheating on her. She is just doing her thing which is dating/marrying men with baggage.

I'm missing something, what exactly was the problem with the tweet? I keep reading it, but I don't see what the problem is.

NEVERMIND, I GOT IT.

Edited by GaT

4 minutes ago, GaT said:

I'm missing something, what exactly was the problem with the tweet? I keep reading it, but I don't see what the problem is.

Jose Conseco is saying that currently Alex Rodriguez is cheating on J.lo with Jose’s exwife on the day they got engaged.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jose Conseco is saying that currently Alex Rodriguez is cheating on J.lo with Jose’s exwife on the day they got engaged.

I just realized that there was more to the tweet, all I saw was the top line which looked OK to me. Thanks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blergh said:

Yeah, but to be fair it seems she has seen a lot of men who ended things badly with other flames/wives before things ended badly with her (P.Diddy, Marc Anthony, Ben Affleck, etc.). Now this A-Rod person doesn't seem to have had the best track record either. Perhaps, somehow they'll have each learned from their mistakes in previous relationships and each work to make this one somehow work but I wouldn't bet the farm on that outcome!  I just hope their respective kids somehow are able to ride this unscathed regardless of how/if this works out! 

I don't recall any of these relationships ending badly. They just ended. I believe her and Marc Anthony are still very amicable. There were rumors that P.Diddy still wanted her back several months (maybe longer) after their breakup. I think Ben moved on pretty quickly to Jennifer Garner, but again, I don't recall the breakup being bad. 

12 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I completely agree. She's been around the block enough times to know what's up.  In the past she's openly admitted that she doesn't like being alone. Hence the revolving door of boyfriends and husbands. Though she's likely aware of the cheating, she must be getting something out of her relationship with him that's leading to her accepting his proposal. It'll be interesting to see how soon the wedding will happen or if they'll even make it to the altar. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Enero said:

I don't recall any of these relationships ending badly. They just ended.

Pretty sure they all cheated on her.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Pretty sure they all cheated on her.

To be fair I think she was the one who did the cheating on Chris Judd so only most of them cheated on her!

• Like 5

Just now, biakbiak said:

To be fair I think she was the one who did the cheating on Chris Judd so only most of them cheated on her!

All of the ones in the post I quoted cheated on her. 

She's got shit taste.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

My favorite reaction so far:

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

2 hours ago, Enero said:

I completely agree. She's been around the block enough times to know what's up.  In the past she's openly admitted that she doesn't like being alone. Hence the revolving door of boyfriends and husbands. 

Cheating aside, it is noteworthy that it's been several years since she and Marc divorced, and considering her kids and how young they still are, I could see why it took her so long afterwards to actually start dating someone seriously again, let alone get engaged.

Now, I don't know what will happen with all this coming to light. But on the surface at least, it looks like she's at a point in her life (she'll be 50 this year--honestly, if she ever said she's never had plastic surgery, I'd believe her, because at some point, money/plastic surgery will only go so far; she really seems like someone who lucked out on genes/skin/actually works to take care of herself) where she knows she shouldn't just jump into something willy nilly, especially with her kids around.

But we shall see, I guess. 

ETA: Don't forget: Leah Remini is one of her best friends and would be at the wedding, too. It would be worth it for any stories of her trying to kick any undercover CO$ ass! 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 3

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, biakbiak said:

She was 10. She has also built up a fan base and IG followers wbich translates into major cash. Yes, she like a lot of people got her start through her family though in this case it wasn’t her decision and she has managed to turn that into something.

Doesn't make her a self-made billionaire, though, not when you start on third-base the way she did.  Credit to her for taking the massive advantages she was handed and building on them, but let's not act like she wasn't handed massive advantages simply for being a part of the Kardashian-Jenner family.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, biakbiak said:

Of course it’s not but life isn’t that binary and those aren’t the only two options.

True, but she's not self-made because she started out at least half-way there.

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

e, but she's not self-made because she started out at least half-way there.

I find the notion of “self made” to often be a lot of bullshit. The paragraph that called her that said she was replacing Mark Zuckerberg who also had a privileged upbringing. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I find the notion of “self made” to often be a lot of bullshit. 

Oprah says hi. 😉

Seriously, though, there ARE people who really are self-made, it's just that examples like Kylie kind of poison the well, I guess. 

• Like 10

Her response (and really, she didn't need to give it) was respectful and to the point.

Jesus, people can be such assholes at times.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

On a shallow note, the quality/quantity of hair in that family is really unjust to the rest of us.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

5 minutes ago, mishy said:

Huh Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in alleged Ivy League bribery scheme. Okay... 

I was just coming here to comment on this.    This is just I don't know what it is.   I can see making sure the dumb jock gets in because National Titles are the end and be all.   But the article says "recruited as athletes regardless of athletic ability."   So why are they cheating for the dumb guy who really brings not a lot to the table?

• Like 7
  • Surprise 3

21 minutes ago, mishy said:

Huh Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in alleged Ivy League bribery scheme. Okay... 

This is a new one. The article is convoluted, but it seems basically that they bribed college entrance-exam administrators to let someone else take their kids' exam.  

• Like 4
  • Surprise 2

How stupid are their kids that their celebrity affluent parents couldn’t get them in through pulling strings rand calling in favors!

etb: I don’t even really understand how you fake being a good athelete.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 18

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

How stupid are their kids that their celebrity affluent parents couldn’t get them in through pulling strings rand calling in favors!

etb: I don’t even really understand how you fake being a good athelete.

With ivy and first tier universities, pulling strings and calling in favors doesn't work. The only way to get their kids into these schools would be to make donations in the millions so they went the less expensive route.

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t even really understand how you fake being a good athelete.

Being an athlete increases the likelihood of being accepted to these schools even if you don't end up playing because you aren't good enough.

• Like 8

Just now, SimoneS said:

ivy and first tier universities, pulling strings and calling in favors doesn't work. The only way to get their kids into these schools would be to make donations in the millions so they went the less expensive route.

I have friends who work in admissions at two Ivy League universities who would disagree with that.

1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Being an athlete increases the likelihood of being accepted to these schools even if you don't end up playing because you aren't good enough.

I understand it increases their chances, I just don’t understand how you fake that. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I have friends who work in admissions at two Ivy League universities who would disagree with that.

Guess, they chose the wrong schools then.

• Like 3

This is a crazy story. One of the tweets I read said that Lori and her husband paid over $500k in bribes so their daughters could join the crew team. But they were never on the crew team....It's still a developing story so I'll keep reading up on things

• Like 7

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I was just coming here to comment on this.    This is just I don't know what it is.   I can see making sure the dumb jock gets in because National Titles are the end and be all.   But the article says "recruited as athletes regardless of athletic ability."   So why are they cheating for the dumb guy who really brings not a lot to the table?

Most likely alumni donations. These kids may not add to the trophy case, but coming from successful, high-profile and richer than average families will benefit the school in the long run.

Article: Alumni donations can improve college rankings — and their prestige

• Like 6

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.