Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I hope Madonna's more and not less comfortable these days when sitting down. Otherwise, I don't see how said implants would have been worth the trouble-unless she thinks even public ridicule is better than being ignored. 

• Like 5

I'm not particularly a fan of buttocks, but hey, if the ass looks good, I don't care how old it is! Lot of saggy and dimpled 20-year old rumps out there.

Madonna is 60 and while I couldn't name one song of hers made after the 80s, I admire the way she's worked pretty much every day, in one way or another, to both stay in shape and remain relevant in a competitive and heartless field.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, ChiCricket said:
14 hours ago, GaT said:

Madonna may have gotten ginormous butt implants

I had seen a photo of her in the pants & assumed it was padding (& a joke), but then someone pointed me towards the video & yikes, I really hope that it's some kind of prosthetic. 

That can't be real, can it?😨

20190103_024410.png

What the Shirley Feeny?!!  Did Madge order her own Hubba Hubba Heiny?

Hubba Hubba Heiny.jpg

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Like 5

Apparently, Kim and Kanye were talking about baby no. 4 before they even brought Chicago home from the hospital.

Yeah, I see a breakup, on the horizon.    Can't help but feel that way.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Shakma said:

Apparently, Kim and Kanye were talking about baby no. 4 before they even brought Chicago home from the hospital.

Yeah, I see a breakup, on the horizon.    Can't help but feel that way.

It’s because that is how many viable embryos they had so they have literally been talking about it since they did the egg retrieval/fertilization and are using all of them.

• Like 6

They have money to pay surrogates to have the kids and others to care/raise them. So in their case a litter is easier to manage then it would be for everyday people.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It’s because that is how many viable embryos they had so they have literally been talking about it since they did the egg retrieval/fertilization and are using all of them.

55 minutes ago, Jaded said:

They have money to pay surrogates to have the kids and others to care/raise them. So in their case a litter is easier to manage then it would be for everyday people.

So rich people now hire poor women to be their broodmares?

• Like 4

I'm no fan of Kim or Kanye but as I recall her pregnancy with their first child ended with life threatening complications that are highly likely to reoccur with further pregnancies. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'm no fan of Kim or Kanye but as I recall her pregnancy with their first child ended with life threatening complications that are highly likely to reoccur with further pregnancies. 

Her first 2 pregnancies ended with the same issue: placenta accreta. It’s a condition where the placenta grows into the uterus & can be potentially life-threatening. The Dr. has to go in & remove the excess tissue (Kim has spoken of the Dr. using his/her hands inside Kim to remove it). During at least her first pregnancy she also had pre-eclampsia; that’s another potentially life-threatening condition. Therefore the use of a surrogate/surrogates for carrying her subsequent children with Kanye.

• Like 4

I wasn't knocking K&K for using surrogates. I was saying it's easier for them to have more then two kids she birthed because of their wealth and what it can pay for. I feel sorry for their kids though having an egotistical Mom and Grandma along with a mentally ill Father who seems to refuse to stay on a treatment plan permanently. I know that's part of his mental illness though thinking he doesn't need meds to stay stable. His continued meltdowns and behavior say otherwise though.

2 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

From CNN: Kathy Griffin Announces Dementia Diagnosis of Mom Maggie, 98

I’m no fan of Ms. Griffin’s, but I feel for any family going through this, although my own family hasn’t been touched by it (knock wood).

That's so sad. I hadn't realized her Mom was almost 100. I've always liked the fact that even though she and her Mom were shown bickering a lot Kathy seems to have always made sure her Mom has been well cared for. 

• Like 20

I've been a huge fan of Kathy's for years, and man I did not want to read that update when I saw from her first sentence that it was bad news.  God bless them, my heart goes out to them. #tipit

Edited by TaraS1
  • Like 11

Ellen Degeneres has come out in support of Kevin Hart hosting the Oscars. I wonder if she'd be so eager to go to bat for him were he not such a kiss up to her when guesting on her show or could it be a case of her not wanting to admit she backed the wrong horse?

• Like 8

Just now, Blergh said:

Ellen Degeneres has come out in support of Kevin Hart hosting the Oscars. I wonder if she'd be so eager to go to bat for him were he not such a kiss up to her when guesting on her show or could it be a case of her not wanting to admit she backed the wrong horse?

She probably just thinks he'd be a great host.  She's a comic, and she knows that 5-10 years ago we all most likely said some things we wouldn't say today.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

She probably just thinks he'd be a great host.  She's a comic, and she knows that 5-10 years ago we all most likely said some things we wouldn't say today.

Except most of the criticism of him was not about the tweets from 5-10 years ago it’s how he responded when they surfaced , that’s when it became a huge story.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Absolutely!  I don’t think she’d support him if she were offended.  Comics are edgy (even though he probably wouldn’t go there today).  

Edited by Tanichka
  • Like 2

Does anyone think this was all orchestrated by the Academy and/or producers of the telecast in order to get people to actually watch the show? I mean, ratings are down....perhaps it's just my paranoia creeping up again?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Why did I read this?  Sitting at my desk teary-eyed.  So sorry for Kathy and her family, Maggie was always feisty on the D List.  FUCK dementia!

As for Kevin Hart....  

I saw some of the interview today and yes, he came off as defensive but how many apologies must he give?  His hosting was a dream come true for him but the backlash would leave a bad taste in my mouth and no way would I want to host after all that’s happened. 

(SIDE STORY: I loathe Cloris Leachman!  In the 70’s, during her peak on her show Phyllis, she did an interview in which she said that maybe fat catchers should go out and catch all fat people and put them on diets; she also commented that fat people pollute the esthetic environment.  After tons of backlash, she did apologize; however, I’ve been giving bitch the side-eye ever since, because IMO she inwardly despises fat people.  As far as I'm concerned mind your own body and stay the fuck away from mine; I know I'm fat and deal with it daily, don't need muhfuckas like you judging me about it!) 

Anyway, if she would have been host of the Oscars back then, I would have chosen not to watch, just like I choose not to watch anything she’s been in since (Facts of Life, Malcolm in the Middle, Dancing with the Stars, etc.).

My point is even if Kevin does reconsider and becomes the host again, those still feeling salty about what he said years ago shouldn’t watch.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

saw some of the interview today and yes, he came off as defensive but how many apologies must he give?

If he is genuinely sorry and has changed than more than just theynare haters and I am all about peace and love which was his vague apology before. Being tapped to host the Oscars opened him up to a group of people who are not familiar with his work or that he had previously apologized and his initial response and followups have been defensive and playing the victim.

Who Made Ellen the Gay Pope?

• Like 6

The Academy told him to apologize, and he refused. He didn't say 'F everyone, I meant every word of what I said', he just said he was a different person than he was when he made the remarks and people should stop trying to find things to be angry about.  Then he stepped away from hosting... and immediately apologized for what he'd said years prior.  Had he apologized when the Academy told him to, it would've seemed forced IMO. 

I'll start expecting everyone else to be perfect the day I turn perfect. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The Academy told him to apologize, and he refused. He didn't say 'F everyone, I meant every word of what I said', he just said he was a different person than he was when he made the remarks and people should stop trying to find things to be angry about.  Then he stepped away from hosting... and immediately apologized for what he'd said years prior.  Had he apologized when the Academy told him to, it would've seemed forced IMO. 

He didn’t immediately step away he did a dismissive video blaming it on people being negative that is when it blew up. Summary with timelines and links.

And the only reason this is a topic again is because he chose again to go on Ellen and was also dismissive of the people who criticized him. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 15

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Except most of the criticism of him was not about the tweets from 5-10 years ago it’s how he responded when they surfaced , that’s when it became a huge story.

His latest movie had a lot of homophobic jokes in it, from what I have heard.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Drogo said:

He kind of did say "f everyone", or at least "f those who my comments hurt" by acting like being called on his statements somehow made him the victim.

If, as he is so insistent to claim, he had already apologized*, then I don't think it would have been forced to acknowledge how dangerous a proliferation of homophobia can be by reissuing the apology, and referencing his previous apology*, now that more people either become aware of what he expressed in the past or missed his first applogy.

*If his apology was in the interview I've heard claimed as his apology....then calling it such is debatable.  There was a lot of talking about his past routine but I don't recall much introspection about it.

But even if it were his first apology, apologizing immediately would at least be an ackowlegement that it was hurtful.  And a far sight better than the obvious publicist tweet that came after he withdrew.

Instead it became all about him and his "haters" (which is silly since I can disagree with the sentiments expressed without my feelings reaching the level of hate.)

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

There was a lot of talking about his past routine but I don't recall much introspection about it.

Also, some of his tweets weren’t even jokes but just straight up calling someone homophobic slurs. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Missing the Oscars also meaning you  missed what happened is no longer the case, you can watch clips on YouTube. 

Or watching the stars you like who are there on their instastories in real time. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

Sending comforting thoughts and wishes out to both Kathy Griffin and Britney Spears regarding their respective family situations. It's always tough to see your parent struggling with these kinds of health problems, and I'm sorry they and their parents are having to deal with that. 

• Like 8

Oh I'll watch all the awards shows because I always have in living memory.  But who really gives a damn?  We all keep watching hoping someone will fall down or throw up on camera.  then the following day we can criticize the wardrobes to our hearts content.

• Like 10

I pretty much just only watch awards shows if somebody I like is hosting them or is nominated for something (or if it's the Grammys, will be performing). I've never followed the red carpet wardrobe part of things. 

• Like 1

I always watch the red carpet bits and post here in the appropriate thread in the Specials.. forum. Then I watch the opening bit, and then I turn it off. Live posting here is the highlight, although with the Golden Globes the chance of unscripted fun is higher due to the alcohol served the attendees.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Being tapped to host the Oscars opened him up to a group of people who are not familiar with his work or that he had previously apologized and his initial response and followups have been defensive and playing the victim.

Who Made Ellen the Gay Pope?

It’s funny that you posted that link to the WaPo opinion piece.  When I first heard this Ellen story earlier today, my first thought was of that South Park episode where Stan is trying to trying to convince his black friend that Stan’s father had been absolved for uttering the n-word on Wheel of Fortune (in mistakenly thinking that he had solved a puzzle with that word) because Stan’s father had gone to see Jesse Jackson to apologize.  And Stan’s black friend frustratedly yells out, “Jesse Jackson is not the emperor of black people!”

What I am surprised by is that the Academy doesn’t already have a replacement host if there is still discussion of Hart resuming duties!?  I would have thought that would have been their top priority.  The host has to be a famous comedian or comedic actor (as evidenced by the barrage of criticism directed to the other types of hosts they have tried), and they are going to want time to prepare (including having friends write jokes for them).  How do you not lock someone down ASAP?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

What I am surprised by is that the Academy doesn’t already have a replacement host if there is still discussion of Hart resuming duties!?  

Before Hart was announced there were already several stories about how no one wanted to host the Oscars and several people had turned them down. I doubt that is making anyone want to do it given that it will be increased scrutiny of past comments and people already critiquing what the appropriate race, gender, LGBTQ+, of the new host should be.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 4

She's usually a pretty good dresser, but I can't imagine why she decided to wear this outfit, it's awful, especially the boots. All I can think of is that since she was meeting "Carrie Bradshaw" she felt she had to be fashion forward, but failed.

Michelle Obama Wore Glittery, Thigh-High Balenciaga Boots

No. Why? I don't like the particular boots. The shape and proportions are off making them very witchy (too full in the main shoe, too pointy in the toe, etc.) but if you were going to wear a thigh high holo boot you should do it in something like a black minidress, not a canary yellow gown like that. It made the gown look dowdy. With another shoe the dress might have looked casually elegant.

From ET Online: For those who might care, It’s Official... Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Married

I don't care and she's one of those people for whom I'm still clinging to my irrational hate (I resent her disproportionate success vs. talent) and I'm still not over that period that @DearEvette described better than I could but I do feel super old. I didn't watch The Last Song but I remember it coming out. How was that 10 years ago? This has been a weird decade.

Oh, dear.  I'd say if you post something like "I'm a wifey for lifey" you are clearly too young to get married, but I'm afraid those of you active on social media will tell me this is A Thing now that even otherwise mature women stoop to, and I just don't want to know that.

I think "wifey" is cute if employed with some mild irony. But judging from her music, there's no irony here. 

...Anyway, yeah, maybe I shouldn't like her, I know it's unpopular to say you do, but yeah, I do. It is what it is. :) 

I like her too. I like her in the same way I like Katy Perry. There's a part of me that genuinely appreciates the good aspects but the rest of me is highly aware of everything wrong with their work and likes it in spite of/because of it. I feel the same way about Nick Jonas and Charlie Puth to some degree. 

This is something that should probably go in one of our race and ethnicity threads but I'm kind of over anyone appropriating black culture. I'm a pretty big Taylor Swift apologist and I'm even over her and Ariana Grande doing it (though I think they're not as bad as Justin and Miley). I do think we need a new phrase besides "blue eyed soul" since most of them aren't soul singers. I'm not sure how I'd feel about Amy Winehouse if she were still alive today. I guess I would hope that she'd evolve into more of a Lady Gaga sound or at least continue to follow Mark Ronson to a poppier sound. I haven't had to think about Adele because she hasn't made a new album in a while. I keep forgetting what Bruno Mars' heritage for better or worse. The two things I think about most with cultural appropriation of this sort in music is 1) how good are you and 2) do you adopt a blaccent or any stereotypical aspects of black culture. The first point is a shorthand for how much it feels like the artist respects the musical tradition, etc. If you're genuinely good and have studied and practiced and have respect for those who came before you it's different than being kind of mediocre and adopting aspects of the culture but getting praise or more mainstream success because of the privileges of white supremacy and racism. The second point is more of an Iggy Azalea thing. YMMV and arguably there are differences between your singing and speaking voices but adopting a very different voice is a big tell to me. 

I can't with the Allison Mack stuff. It's horrifying and depressing. But it also makes me particularly sad because I shipped Clark and Chloe (even knowing it was never going to happen) on Smallville. Now that's ruined. 

Madonna may have gotten ginormous butt implants

I had seen a photo of her in the pants & assumed it was padding (& a joke), but then someone pointed me towards the video & yikes, I really hope that it's some kind of prosthetic. 

Oh Lord. I'm hoping that's some kind of prosthetic similar to what drag queens use and it's just really well blended. 

@MissAlmond Yes to all of that. To me there are too many award shows. I've lost interest. The only one I still watch regularly is the Tony's. For me the biggest issue with the Oscars is that it's not entertaining. To poorly paraphrase a website I used to love: It's a television broadcast of a stage show about movies. Unless they really manage to hit it out of the park with the host and/or performances it's a weird beast and a slog to sit through. I used to like it in the past when there were gorgeous gowns to stare at but I've even soured on that. They don't put enough effort into making the show entertaining and with so many other options (including just going to bed instead of staying awake for 4 hours) I'd usually rather not these days. They need to do better in crafting the show, writing the bits for the presenters, etc. instead of falling into the rut of recent years and just hoping for a few viral moments. That's not going to make anyone tune in for hours and hours. 

• Like 3

I'm still confused why there has to be a host at all? Just have the voiceover guy announce the next presenters and go from there.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, shantown said:

I'm still confused why there has to be a host at all?

Rob Lowe and Snow White.  That fiasco the Academy does remember.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, shantown said:

I'm still confused why there has to be a host at all? 

So we can shit-talk them the next day. 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Rob Lowe and Snow White.  That fiasco the Academy does remember.

The look on RDjr’s face as he as looking at his friend utterly humiliate himself is awesomesauce. That probably did more to hurt his career than the sex tape with minors.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I have not heard about this Rob Lowe/Snow White thing. Do tell!

It’s long and excruciating! 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The host isn't the reason why Oscar's viewership is declining.  Nor is it actors injecting politics or unknown to the public BTS people being awarded during the ceremony.  The selection of more independent instead of popular movies plays a role but, IMO, only a small one.

The problem with Oscar's viewership has to do with the fact times have changed.  There are more than three major networks.  There are more award shows.  Way, way, way more award shows. Back in the day, broadcast was limited to Movies=Oscars, Television=Emmy's, Theater=Tony's. The Golden Globes started making the rounds later, but they were considered a joke.  Television is 24/7, staying up late to watch the Oscar's is no longer a rarity nor is seeing "stars" for that evening.  Nowadays, a quick google search takes care of that.  Missing the Oscars also meaning you  missed what happened is no longer the case, you can watch clips on YouTube. 

But most important of all, if a person really wants to know who won what, they can simply follow blogs, twitter, whatever, and find out instantly without having to suffer through the entire broadcast.   For myself even when I'm rooting for something or someone (and for me, it's usually those BTS people the Oscars wish to rid themselves of), I follow the winners via one of the industry sites blog.   I only tune in live for the In Memoriam which usually just ticks me off because the Oscar's are terrible at honoring their own people.  God forbid you retired and then lived a long life. Even with previous Oscar wins, chances are the current Academy members have no recollection and you will be skipped.  TCM Remembers still outclasses them by miles.  

I used to watch when I was a teenager. I got over it soon after. More award shows kept popping up, and as you all have already mentioned, more tv channels, the internet... I grew tired of seeing people spend hours in hair and makeup, borrow beautiful suits or dresses, jewellery, etc, and then be patted on the back again and again, for being beautiful, and occasionally, talented. 

15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Or watching the stars you like who are there on their instastories in real time. 

I was just going to add this. Instagram and twitter - people do Q&A's and live-tweet their shows, in order to gain or keep viewership for said shows. I don't know how they manage it, because if I'm into something, I want to watch it, not be distracted. I also record so that I can fast-forward through adverts - but the possibility of having someone they follow through TV or movies, answer their question or retweet, is a big deal to some. 

I remember when Judi Dench commented that one Oscar nomination for herself was ridiculous, because he didn't really do anything. I love her.

• Like 5

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.