Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On 3/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, Blergh said:

accident quote.   Sorry.

16 minutes ago, GaT said:

what is going on in Hollywood?

Same thing as going on everywhere else.    Average Americans' divorces don't make the news is all.    People get married, they get divorced.   It happens.   Sometimes after a short period, sometimes after 20 something years of marriage.

• Like 6

I'm single as all hell right now (sigh...I know, I'm only 29, I need to calm down), but this kind of thing makes me really take even MORE comfort in the idea of "living in sin", as the old farts say. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GaT said:

I just saw this, what a shame. It's a surprising as Chris Pratt & Anna Faris, what is going on in Hollywood?

I don't really find it surprising. I feel like I've been reading rumors about his cheating for a long while. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bijoux said:

I don't really find it surprising. I feel like I've been reading rumors about his cheating for a long while. 

Really?  Where?  Not that it can't happen, I just find their statement believable when they say that there is nothing salacious behind the reason for their divorce.  I really enjoy both of them as actors, best of luck.

• Like 3

I really like Channing Tatum, I think he's a smart guy who just comes off as dopey. There really is an epidemic of Hollywood marriages not working!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I think Ryan and Blake are next. But I’d be happy to be wrong. 

My money's on John Legend and Chrissy Teigen.

It seems like the more these celebrity couples post on social media about how "special" their relationship is, posting pictures of themselves and their children, the more jaded I've become about them.  It seems like they're trying too hard to show what a "cool," loving couple they are and it makes me just want to barf.  TMI.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

It seems like the more these celebrity couples post on social media about how "special" their relationship is, posting pictures of themselves and their children, the more jaded I've become about them.  It seems like they're trying too hard to show show what a "cool," loving couple they are and it makes me just want to barf.  TMI.

And it seems that it's always the couples who are the most lovey dovey on social media who are marked for divorce/a break-up, too (this goes for both celebrities and non-celebrities). 

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

What the hell is with all these people going after the teenagers and calling them names and mocking them and such? If they take issue with what the kids are saying, is it really THAT hard to have a proper, civil debate with them? You're supposed to be the adults here, guys. Try growing up and acting like it. 

That ship sailed years and years ago. ?

• Like 11

2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Really?  Where?  Not that it can't happen, I just find their statement believable when they say that there is nothing salacious behind the reason for their divorce.  I really enjoy both of them as actors, best of luck.

I honestly don't know. I just have the vague impression that I have. No evidence to offer here.

16 hours ago, UYI said:

Emma herself has said that the only reason her head is shaved is because of the humidity in Florida, nothing more or less than that. 

It's a sad commentary of the state of public discourse that she even felt like she had to say that.  It's got nothing to do with her message.

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

It's a sad commentary of the state of public discourse that she even felt like she had to say that.  It's got nothing to do with her message.

I think she had been asked that even before she started getting teased for it; she has said before that she had been asked by people--out of curiosity or perhaps concern--if she shaved her head due to stress after the shooting, and she had said no, it had been like that anyway. She apparently convinced her parents it was a good idea after giving a PowerPoint presentation on the matter! 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 9

Actually, I was surprised that Emma Gonzalez's shaved head was even an issue because I just thought that was a current style for some younger people, including younger celebrities.  There's also the half-shaved head that's popular, I think Demi Lovato had one? 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

It seems like the more these celebrity couples post on social media about how "special" their relationship is, posting pictures of themselves and their children, the more jaded I've become about them.  It seems like they're trying too hard to show what a "cool," loving couple they are and it makes me just want to barf.  TMI.

Two large egos, I suppose & the fact that they're away filming & can't resist the opportunity to mess around.  None of these announcements surprise me anymore.  I mean, remember Debbie & Eddie (LOL)?

• Like 6

I don't remember Demi having one (her hair has been very long recently), but I think Halsey has rocked a similar look. 

21 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Ted Nugent can stuff it. Moron. 

What the hell is with all these people going after the teenagers and calling them names and mocking them and such? If they take issue with what the kids are saying, is it really THAT hard to have a proper, civil debate with them? You're supposed to be the adults here, guys. Try growing up and acting like it. 

The saddest part is that his comments are completely out of context of what the survivors are advocating as are many outlet and now are going out of their way to insult them. They aren't trying to ban guns and it's really sad that the many adults that oppose them do so out of their selfish needs without any consideration that these kids have a higher likelihood of going to school nowadays and being shot than any of us adults have of getting shot while going to the store or to work or any other mundane activity. Schools have become an easy and accessible institution for affected individuals to take out their rage and people refuse to listen and make changes because they continue to treat it in isolation...until the next one happens. Laura Ingraham is a great example of someone who doesn't deserve a platform. She went out of her way to insult David (I believe it was David) because he didn't get accepted to some of his choice colleges (ignoring the fact that he did get accepted to others) and took a shot at his GPA. What does that have to do with anything? Making personal attacks because someone disagrees with you on something is a bullying tactic and I absolutely love the brazen attitude of these survivors that they refuse to back down at the hands of adults who try to bully and discredit them.

• Like 24

15 hours ago, bijoux said:

5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I don't personally read about cheating rumours but a number of people have mentioned that they've read this. Today when they announced the divorce on one of my local radio stations, one of the DJs didn't seem surprised because he heard the rumour of them having an open marriage and then speculated that maybe Jenna wasn't as on board with it as she thought she would be (he mentioned Jenna because he had only heard rumours of Channing hooking up with other people. Again, purely speculation and even if this is true, doesn't mean that things went down maliciously between them. I hope for the sake of their daughter that they're managing the situation as civilly as possible.

• Like 4

On 3/27/2018 at 11:40 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, there are quite a few celebrities who look SO MUCH better without lots of makeup.  WHY don't they see it?  Some of them can use a little help though.  But, that Gwen Stefani!  OMG.  That woman is gorgeous.!

These are a bunch of before and after makeup. Amazing....

http://www.thelist.com/19920/unrecognizable-photos-celebs-without-makeup/

Some were definitely different, it was hard to recognize the actress, but many were also in very different 'before" poses too.  It seemed to me that the two biggest differences are covering up freckles and the false eyelashes (along with dark heavy eyemake up).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UYI said:

I don't remember Demi having one (her hair has been very long recently), but I think Halsey has rocked a similar look. 

Yeah maybe that's who I was thinking of.  I get these young'uns mixed up.  Anyway, Emma's haircut is nothing new. 

5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah maybe that's who I was thinking of.  I get these young'uns mixed up.  Anyway, Emma's haircut is nothing new. 

Yes, Demi shaved half her head.

image.png.13a0fdbb22f848af0645d7c2d0afaada.png

• Like 1

Thanks!  I thought I remembered seeing her with a partly shaved head.  Guess I'm not that old after all. ; )

10 hours ago, GaT said:

Yes, Demi shaved half her head.

image.png.13a0fdbb22f848af0645d7c2d0afaada.png

I stand corrected! :D 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, BetterButter said:

We have lovingly chosen to separate as a couple. We fell deeply in love so many years ago and have had a magical journey together. Absolutely nothing has changed about how much we love one another, but love is a beautiful adventure that is taking us on different paths for now. There are no secrets nor salacious events at the root of our decision — just two best-friends realizing it’s time to take some space and help each other live the most joyous, fulfilled lives as possible. 

Sounds like code-word for "the sex got boring and we've decided to move on."

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, GaT said:

Not a specific celebrity, but general celebrity news

'Grotesque' red carpet selfies banned at Cannes festival

Haha, categorizing it as grotesque really seems extra, lol.  However, I do get the practicality of it banning it because of the disorganization it causes and disrupts the flow of events. No reason to disrupt the schedule to take a picture that hundreds of other photographers are taking of us as well. There's plenty of photographic evidence to choose from if you're only intent is to capture the moment.

• Like 5

On 4/2/2018 at 3:36 PM, Annber03 said:

Ted Nugent can stuff it. Moron. 

On 4/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, Aquarius said:

Yes.  This is a person who said Obama should suck on his machine gun.  Decency and Ted Nugent are not acquainted.

This is the man who promptly shit his pants when faced with an enemy that would shoot back.

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, Lugal said:

This is the man who promptly shit his pants when faced with an enemy that would shoot back.

This is exactly the kind of person I wouldn’t want to be fighting next to any family member that I might have serving in the military. We were better off not having him in it. 

• Like 17

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Haha, categorizing it as grotesque really seems extra, lol. 

I wonder how much of this is a language issue.  I think the French "grotesque" can be translated as "ridiculous" into English.  The guy might not have realized the word's limited use in the native-English-speaking world.

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

However, I do get the practicality of it banning it because of the disorganization it causes and disrupts the flow of events. No reason to disrupt the schedule to take a picture that hundreds of other photographers are taking of us as well. There's plenty of photographic evidence to choose from if you're only intent is to capture the moment.

I agree that it's probably disruptive, but I also wonder how many of the people taking the selfies are doing it for their own personal documentation (which, I can't really blame someone for wanting a photo *they* took rather than the one the Reuters person took), and how many of them are doing it for their contractually obligatory social media posts, which may not be supposed to use professional photographs, so that followers can continue to think their favorite celebrity's Instagram isn't just one huge advertisement.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lugal said:

57 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

What a piece of shit ... literally!!!

I was going to refer to Ted Nugent as a piece of shit in my post, then I decided not to stoop to his level.  I had never heard what Lugal posted.  If I had, I would never have hesitated to say it.

Ted Nugent is a piece of shit.

And this piece of shit is on the board of directors of the NRA.  As if they didn't have enough reasons to be ashamed these days.

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The selfies part I can understand, but what's the problem with Netflix films? I didn't even know they were previously included, but now I want to know why they're excluded. 

Because the Cannes Film Festival is for theatrical films & Netflix refused to put their films into theaters.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, janie jones said:

I wonder how much of this is a language issue.  I think the French "grotesque" can be translated as "ridiculous" into English.  The guy might not have realized the word's limited use in the native-English-speaking world.

I agree that it's probably disruptive, but I also wonder how many of the people taking the selfies are doing it for their own personal documentation (which, I can't really blame someone for wanting a photo *they* took rather than the one the Reuters person took), and how many of them are doing it for their contractually obligatory social media posts, which may not be supposed to use professional photographs, so that followers can continue to think their favorite celebrity's Instagram isn't just one huge advertisement.

I hadn't thought about the article being translated. That could explain the use of the word grotesque.

I can't really relate to feeling the need to have to take the picture myself for my own personal documentation. I'm the worst when it comes to taking pictures because I'm always caught up in just experiencing the moment, the last thing on my mind is busting out my phone to take a selfie. My memories do just fine but I get being a public figure wanting to share the experiences in a more personal light to their social media followers. I don't feel so bad for the vet attendees but for first time attendees who get to relish in having that experience for the first time, I can totally understand them wanting to have personal snaps of it all, even if they aren't using it for social media. Overall, I don't anticipate this to be something controversial when the film festival rolls around.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GaT said:

Because the Cannes Film Festival is for theatrical films & Netflix refused to put their films into theaters.

That's not exactly true. Netflix is putting their films into theaters, but only for the minimums required to be in contention for the major awards. It's something like a 2 week run in at least one theater in LA and one theater in New York. But it's not like the other studios don't play similar-ish games, like putting their film out for the minimum and waiting to see if they get nominations before deciding to do a wider release. The problem that Cannes and the studios have is that Netflix never intends on a wider theater release.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That's not exactly true. Netflix is putting their films into theaters, but only for the minimums required to be in contention for the major awards. It's something like a 2 week run in at least one theater in LA and one theater in New York. But it's not like the other studios don't play similar-ish games, like putting their film out for the minimum and waiting to see if they get nominations before deciding to do a wider release. The problem that Cannes and the studios have is that Netflix never intends on a wider theater release.

According to the interview @biakbiak posted above:

Last year, when we selected these two films, I thought I could convince Netflix to release them in theaters,” Fremaux told Le Film Français. “I was presumptuous: They refused.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

According to the interview @biakbiak posted above:

The article also said that Netflix tried to get a 1 week permit to show their films before releasing them on the streaming service. The French government didn't allow that. In fact, there is a French law that prevents movies from being added to a streaming service within 36 months from the theatrical premiere. This basically tracks with what I've said about Netflix. They are willing to put their films in theaters for a courtesy period in order to be eligible for awards. But the 36 month delay law between theater release and streaming release, cripples their business model. Since the government won't allow exemptions, Netflix is left to stop entering films at Cannes. However, Netflix is absolutely willing to show their films in theater for the minimum amount of time to qualify for awards.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/netflix-the-oscars-the-battle-for-the-future-of-film

• Like 3

On 4/6/2018 at 3:40 AM, BW Manilowe said:

I wonder how bad this one will be. His divorce from Donna Hanover was super nasty. He ruined his relationship with his children over that one. Luckily he has no kids with Judith Nathan.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 3

On 4/2/2018 at 9:25 AM, afterbite said:

According to TMZ, Stan Lee's Former Business Associate Allegedly Stole His Blood

The hyperbolic recounting claims:

We're told Stan's people believe the former business associate has commissioned pens -- presumably linked to Stan and Marvel -- and the pens have an ink substitute ... blood!!!

Stan's peeps believe the business associate plans to sell the pens for a fortune, and they want to put a stop to it STAT. 

Who knows the veracity, but it's certainly something.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:29 PM, GaT said:

He showed up with a document that gave him authority to order a blood sample & the nurse didn't question it? That sounds a little bit odd to me. 

More details in the Stan Lee's stolen blood case. It's weird.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-stan-lees-stolen-blood-stolen-was-used-to-sign-1825022655

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

Per a post I saw on Twitter, Lin Manuel Miranda has Shingles and is being quarantined from his baby boy.

Ouch.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

Per a post I saw on Twitter, Lin Manuel Miranda has Shingles and is being quarantined from his baby boy.

Yikes!  Shingles is no laughing matter!  My father has had them for a while.  LMM is, fortunately, younger and healthier and hopefully will have a speedy recovery!

• Like 4

Poor Lin. I hope he gets well quickly and is reunited with his new son soon!

My stepfather caught shingles last summer and said it was agony. He was considered lucky he only had them for less than two weeks.

• Like 4

My mother had shingles about 18 months ago and she was in agony for a month.  Plus the opioids to control her pain also messed up her digestive system.

• Like 1

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.