Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Must have a series of mental illness or something. The police did their investigation. But then again, I rode in the 90s with a kid that had mental illness and he sometimes yelled that he was stabbed. Being that I was young(8 years old), I didn't believe him and I sometimes asked the bus monitor if he was alright. I always thought mental illness makes you create lies or something. Right now, I work at a hospital that deals with these patients. Scary patern. I hope his son doesn't become like him. Something's up with Corey. He needs an evaluation on his mental wellbeing. 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Must have a series of mental illness or something. The police did their investigation. But then again, I rode in the 90s with a kid that had mental illness and he sometimes yelled that he was stabbed. Being that I was young(8 years old), I didn't believe him and I sometimes asked the bus monitor if he was alright. I always thought mental illness makes you create lies or something. Right now, I work at a hospital that deals with these patients. Scary patern. I hope his son doesn't become like him. Something's up with Corey. He needs an evaluation on his mental wellbeing. 

I hope Paul Peterson and/or Alison Arngrim are able to seek Mr. Feldman out and point him to to the help he needs (and I think due their having been child performers who aren't shy about speaking out, he'd be more accepting of any suggestions from them ).  No matter what really happened, he truly DOES need help!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

When I say professionals, I mean the people who do the celebrities for the red carpet and, movie premieres, etc.

As these pictures can attest to, just because they do celebrities, doesn't mean they're any good.

http://stylecaster.com/beauty/bad-celebrity-powder-flashback-makeup/

http://gabis.info/makeup-fails/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/465559680210008475/

http://stylecaster.com/beauty/bad-celebrity-powder-flashback-makeup/

There may be some residual issues because of his early drug use. And a little attention seeking too.

Hopefully A Minor Consideration wilk contact him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaded said:

Hopefully she gets some real financial management assistance so she doesn't end up in prison again.

All the financial management assistance in the world won't make a person honest if they're not inclined to be.  Assuming you don't have to report your reality tv income to bankruptcy court is dumb; hiding it from them is criminal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

All the financial management assistance in the world won't make a person honest if they're not inclined to be.  Assuming you don't have to report your reality tv income to bankruptcy court is dumb; hiding it from them is criminal.

Yeah, you don't go to jail for financial mismanagement.  You go to jail for fraud.  We don't have debtor's prison in this country.  So, all the financial mismanagement on its  own is not going to get you sent to prison.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

Richard Hatch, winner of the first Survivor, was also incarcerated for failing to claim his winnings to the IRS. In which world do they not think that they are not exposed? 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Richard Hatch, winner of the first Survivor, was also incarcerated for failing to claim his winnings to the IRS. In which world do they not think that they are not exposed? 

It's not like they were on tv or anything - oops!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, GaT said:

Damn.  How could they not see that before they went out?  Ok, point taken.  But, there are some really good ones out there and I think it would be fun.  But, I don't have several hundred dollars to throw around, so.....

9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Devon Sawa is making fun of Cory Feldman on Twitter.  I called him an asshole for laughing at a mentally ill individual and unfollowed.

I don’t know him but good for you. We need to support people. Not enjoying their being torn down as entertaining. We could revert back to Roman times and just throw people into the coliseum with gladiators or lions. MMV

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t know him but good for you. We need to support people. Not enjoying their being torn down as entertaining. We could revert back to Roman times and just throw people into the coliseum with gladiators or lions. MMV

Devon Sawa is a has-been child star.

• Like 2

You can't cry for Robin Williams while laughing at Corey Feldman (Britney Spears, Amanda Bynes, insert mentally ill celebrity here).  

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Devon Sawa is a has-been child star.

"Has-been child star" might be a bit harsh. At least in my opinion.

He's Canadian; among other things, he was in the live-action Casper movie with Christina Ricci; at least in 1 of the Final Destination movies (the first); he was on Nikita from 2010-2013. He also guest starred on Hawaii Five-0 earlier this season (January); His character was wrongly accused of killing his wife; he then decided to threaten suicide in his car because nobody would believe him, until Grover talked him down.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a comment.
  • Like 3

On 3/27/2018 at 11:40 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, there are quite a few celebrities who look SO MUCH better without lots of makeup.  WHY don't they see it?  Some of them can use a little help though.  But, that Gwen Stefani!  OMG.  That woman is gorgeous.!

These are a bunch of before and after makeup. Amazing....

http://www.thelist.com/19920/unrecognizable-photos-celebs-without-makeup/

I really don't think many of those are fair comparisons though. Some of those photos are clearly taken MANY years apart - like Lady Gaga for instance.  And Kylie Jenner's "no makeup" look is also "pre-cosmetic surgery."  

On 3/27/2018 at 1:36 PM, GaT said:

From the article:

LOL, job placement? Does the halfway house have a reality star division?

Well, to be fair, she did have a legit job for many years.. One of my best friends was one of her dance students for nearly 10 years (and yes, she was always a huge bitch).  

3 hours ago, GaT said:

Most celebrities with that white powder on their face don't see it in the mirror.  It's silica powder, so they can't tell if it's been applied to heavily until a flash hits it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quof said:

You can't cry for Robin Williams while laughing at Corey Feldman (Britney Spears, Amanda Bynes, insert mentally ill celebrity here).  

What happened to Robin was so sad. He could have been helped. He brought so much laughter to the world and he didn't deserve to die. I think the problem with Feldman is that he was born into a very dysfunctional family from the beginning. As I was reading Coreography, his mother seemed to have mental illness as well. The way he was treated made me think the woman never had a diagnosis, so I believe he unfortunately inherited his mother's illness. Feldman is a mess. I give you that conclusion, but if you look at his family, he never had a chance to be normal. I think that was the reason Feldman was jealous at Haim. Haim's family life was pretty decent to a degree. And this is the reason people with mental issues lash out at people who don't have one. It sad to read about it, but usually it starts with the family that raised you. In Feldman's case, he was doomed from the start.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Most celebrities with that white powder on their face don't see it in the mirror.  It's silica powder, so they can't tell if it's been applied to heavily until a flash hits it.  

And that is something a professional makeup artist should know & take steps to prevent, especially when they know the client is going to be in a flash heavy situation. 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

"Has-been child star" might be a bit harsh. At least in my opinion.

He's Canadian; among other things, he was in the live-action Casper movie with Christina Ricci; at least in 1 of the Final Destination movies (the first); he was on Nikita from 2010-2013. He also guest starred on Hawaii Five-0 earlier this season (January); His character was wrongly accused of killing his wife; he then decided to threaten suicide in his car because nobody would believe him, until Grover talked him down.

Sorry, but that sounds like a pretty lame acting career to me.

• Like 9

Devon is definitely wrong for laughing about the situation, I wonder if there is more to his reaction.  I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them have a history.  I would consider Devon a "working actor".  He is not a huge star but still gets parts and does very well in them. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Devon is definitely wrong for laughing about the situation, I wonder if there is more to his reaction.  I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them have a history.  I would consider Devon a "working actor".  He is not a huge star but still gets parts and does very well in them.

That's what I was trying to say, only you said it better than me; thanks. He's still a working actor, but not with a big enough "profile" (or whatever word I should've used & couldn't think of) that most people would know him immediately, like they would/should celebrities like Tom Cruise (& I was trying not to use him as an example, because it's so overdone, but his name was the biggest I could think of that more people would know who he was--at least vs. Devon Sawa--than not). In my book, if you're still a working actor (even if you're only getting the smaller parts, & not working every day), you're not a "has been"--either as a child or adult actor.

3 hours ago, cynicat said:

To each their own, opinion-wise, but the Final Destination movie franchise was actually pretty popular in its day (granted, the first film is around 20 years old now). Also, everything else I mentioned Devon Sawa being in that's older was pretty popular, back when it was new. And Hawaii Five-0 has regained popularity this season, after not being as popular since its premiere season 8 years ago. It may not be to your taste but, respectfully, I don't think that makes it a "pretty lame acting career". Especially since he's actually still getting jobs & can apparently keep himself & his family fed, clothed, & housed without having to depend on public assistance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The FBI is in the process of trying to dismantle the abusive sex cult that Allison Mack, former Smallville actress, is a member of and might have been running. 

https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/cult-leader-arrested-for-allegedly-branding-women-keeping-them-as-slaves/

https://nypost.com/2018/03/28/alleged-sex-cult-leader-used-smallville-stars-to-recruit-women-witness/

Oh man. I loved Allison Mack back in the day as Chloe on Smallville. I've wondered why I haven't seen her in anything in a long time. This is terrible.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, festivus said:

Oh man. I loved Allison Mack back in the day as Chloe on Smallville. I've wondered why I haven't seen her in anything in a long time. This is terrible.

She's too busy being in a sex cult to act. I've even seen a report that the cult leader made Allison marry Nicki Clyne, Cally from Battlestar Galactica, so that Nicki could stay in the US. The entire situation is beyond messed up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

She's too busy being in a sex cult to act. I've even seen a report that the cult leader made Allison marry Nicki Clyne, Cally from Battlestar Galactica, so that Nicki could stay in the US. The entire situation is beyond messed up.

I am shocked as well. I didn't realize she was part of a sex cult. The more you know...

Devon Sawa used to annoy the hell out of me in the 90s because of that smug attitude I saw in movies like Casper and Little Giants. So far my opinion of him did not change. That is why celeb people with Twitter accounts should not tweet. That includes you, Feldman. Sorry, man, but it is the truth. I have to say it. I mean, look at 45. All caps and no direction. 

• Like 4

There is a great blooper of Adam Nimoy (aged 8 or 9 I think), dressed up in ST uniform and Vulcan ears, walking up to his father sitting in the captain's chair.  It was apparently supposed to be a real take, and Nimoy was looking forward as the actor advanced and he said his line, and his son says something like "I love you Daddy" and we have a rare picture of a smiling Spock....

And now that little kid is 61??!!!!!

Congrats to them both - they look happy and therefore gorgeous.

• Like 10

Arnold Schwarzenegger has had emergency open heart surgery.

And now Schwarzenegger's agent is saying it was previously planned surgery.

Edited by Silver Raven

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger has had emergency open heart surgery.

And now Schwarzenegger's agent is saying it was previously planned surgery.

What I saw was that it was a procedure that was scheduled but something went wrong and they had to open him up when it wasn't planned to be necessary.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:53 AM, Pallas said:
On 3/26/2018 at 2:20 AM, doodlebug said:

Paul Mc Cartney called her a girl in the lyrics of the song ‘Her Majesty’ quoted above.  He’s almost 16 years younger than the Queen.

As the closing number in the Beatles' album Abbey Road, in reference to his, Ringo's, George's and John's visit to the Palace to be awarded their O.B.E.'s (and smoke pot in a lavatory, pre-ceremony). 

Here you go:

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
But she doesn't have a lot to say
But she changes from day to day
I want to tell her that I love her a lot
But I gotta get a bellyfull of wine
Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeah
Someday I'm going to make her mine

It's funny in a silly music-hall kind of way, that is it's kind of a typical Paul McCartney kind of humor - the whole thing spoken in the voice of a guy in a bar who's talking big and will keep it up as long as he gets that next bellyfull of wine.     I can't imagine Elizabeth was offended.

Now a year or so later when he recorded Give Ireland Back to the Irish - maybe she felt differently.:)

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

What I saw was that it was a procedure that was scheduled but something went wrong and they had to open him up when it wasn't planned to be necessary.

He had a valve replaced in 1997. It wasn't meant to be permanent. They were going to replace it through a catheter but couldn't. There was a team standing by just in case and they decided to do open heart instead. So it was planned just not the way it was done.

As expected, Stacey Dash's nonsense and just for publicity political run has ended less than 2 months after it started. And all of the reasons she cited as factors for getting out of the race were already known quantities before she announced her run. She's a bullshit artist of the highest order.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/30/clueless-actress-stacey-dash-drops-bid-congressional-seat/474631002/

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 8

From PeopleInterior Designers and Television Personalities Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent Welcome Second Child and First Son, Oskar Michael Brent-Berkus, Via Surrogate 

The baby was born in Los Angeles on Monday. Besides his fathers, his family includes a big sister, Poppy Brent-Berkus, whose third birthday was on March 23rd, just three days before the birth of her baby brother.

I think it's kinda nice the kids' birthdays ended up being so close together, without them being born on the same date, but in different years, or on the same day as twins or 2 among a higher number of multiples.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To change wording.
  • Like 3

According to TMZ, Stan Lee's Former Business Associate Allegedly Stole His Blood

The hyperbolic recounting claims:

We're told Stan's people believe the former business associate has commissioned pens -- presumably linked to Stan and Marvel -- and the pens have an ink substitute ... blood!!!

Stan's peeps believe the business associate plans to sell the pens for a fortune, and they want to put a stop to it STAT. 

Who knows the veracity, but it's certainly something.

• Like 2

Whoa, that's weird. Sheldon Cooper would definitely want one for a chance to clone him as well as Leonard Nimoy! LOL

• Like 8

On 3/28/2018 at 6:40 PM, Robert Lynch said:

What happened to Robin was so sad. He could have been helped. He brought so much laughter to the world and he didn't deserve to die. I think the problem with Feldman is that he was born into a very dysfunctional family from the beginning. As I was reading Coreography, his mother seemed to have mental illness as well. The way he was treated made me think the woman never had a diagnosis, so I believe he unfortunately inherited his mother's illness. Feldman is a mess. I give you that conclusion, but if you look at his family, he never had a chance to be normal. I think that was the reason Feldman was jealous at Haim. Haim's family life was pretty decent to a degree. And this is the reason people with mental issues lash out at people who don't have one. It sad to read about it, but usually it starts with the family that raised you. In Feldman's case, he was doomed from the start.

It's so bizarre to think that Corey's younger sister is Mindy Feldman, who was a Mouseketeer on the short-lived New Mickey Mouse Club in 1977 (the one Lisa Whelchel was on prior to The Facts of Life; they were the "Disco Mice"), because she seems to have more or less turned out fine. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 8:30 AM, cynicat said:

In some ways, though, that might be better and less stressful than being a big star. At least they can make fairly steady money. And hey! It can be cool to have "odd jobs" in terms of acting--so many cooler stories than even the biggest stars (and on another note, "Hey! It's That Guy/Gal" is a trope for a reason; they turn up in EVERYTHING, even if they aren't big stars). It's as much about the journey as it is the destination. 

I'm sorry if I come across as too sensitive here, but the phrase "has-been child star" is something that I have become less forgiving of as I've gotten older. So many child stars--especially those who are forced into the business by stage parents--can wind up having their lives destroyed later on, that it just feels wrong to pile on. Not that it excuses Devon Sawa's behavior, because it doesn't, but...I don't know, it feels like punching down.

...I'm a soft touch, I know, sorry. I must sound so lame and unfun. I need to be more mean, lol.  :)

Edited by UYI
  • Like 20

23 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Ted Nugent can stuff it. Moron. 

What the hell is with all these people going after the teenagers and calling them names and mocking them and such? If they take issue with what the kids are saying, is it really THAT hard to have a proper, civil debate with them? You're supposed to be the adults here, guys. Try growing up and acting like it. 

I agree. What I don't like is the people who discount those kids & what they're saying--especially Emma & David, who seem to be in charge of the survivors group since they're usually or always speaking on their behalf--simply because of Emma's shaved head (At least I think she has 1; & why do people think that has to do with her sexuality somehow, anyway? Her sexual orientation has nothing to do with preventing, or choosing not to, mass casualty shootings at US schools [or workplaces]. Maybe she's undergone brain surgery or cancer treatment, or she shaved her head in solidarity with a relative or other loved 1 who's been/being treated for those issues?), or because of both her & David's eloquence on the subject & in front of the media, just because of their young, almost but not quite legally adult ages.

I didn't use it because I thought the sources that were posting it (1 was Think Progress) were probably so pro-NRA, & pro- or anti- whatever else keeps us from getting something done legally to stop this idiocy, that they'd be considered too biased to be good sources (I think I want a different phrase there, but it's not coming into my head), but they said Nugent actually has already refused to apologize for what he said (no surprise there, in my not so humble opinion).

• Like 17

1 minute ago, BW Manilowe said:

I agree. What I don't like is the people who discount those kids & what they're saying--especially Emma & David, who seem to be in charge of the survivors group since they're usually or always speaking on their behalf--simply because of Emma's shaved head (At least I think she has 1; & why do people think that has to do with her sexuality somehow, anyway? Her sexual orientation has nothing to do with preventing, or choosing not to, mass casualty shootings at US schools [or workplaces]. Maybe she's undergone brain surgery or cancer treatment, or she shaved her head in solidarity with a relative or other loved 1 who's been/being treated for those issues?), or because of both her & David's eloquence on the subject & in front of the media, just because of their young, almost but not quite legally adult ages.

Agreed. I have to laugh at anyone who judges the validity of one's political views based on how they dress. I'm sure teenagers who protested, say, the Vietnam War probably got the same sorts of judgments about how they looked, too. And yet, it didn't make their political stance any less true and worth hearing, did it? 

I didn't use it because I thought the sources that were posting it (1 was Think Progress) were probably so pro-NRA, & pro- or anti- whatever else keeps us from getting something done legally to stop this idiocy, that they'd be considered too biased to be good sources (I think I want a different phrase there, but it's not coming into my head), but they said Nugent actually has already refused to apologize for what he said (no surprise there, in my not so humble opinion).

Of course not. Because God forbid he actually show any sort of humility or decency. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Emma herself has said that the only reason her head is shaved is because of the humidity in Florida, nothing more or less than that. 

• Like 14

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.