Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Null37283t03

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

So, in other words, rather than starting at a local level, she's jumping into politics at the Governorship.  Being an activist is great, but she's got no experience at actually governing.  Which generally turns out to be a huge mistake.  Not for me, personally, since I don't live in New York, of course.  But I do think if people are really interested in making a difference in a political role, they should start local and work their way up as they gain experience.

Have we learned nothing?

• Like 13

Just now, SmithW6079 said:

At least she's drinking a glass of wine, not knocking back a beer.

And right now she's not even drinking the wine, apparently, because of the pregnancy. She & William were out on some traditional St. Patrick's Day Engagements (passing out shamrocks to members of the military, visiting a pub, etc.). While at the pub, William had a pint  of Guinness & Catherine had nothing stronger than a glass of sparkling water, according to this recap of their day from a local newspaper.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Because she has talked about it, written about it, who she has previously dated, etc. However, that wasn't what your initial post asked and it seemed to imply that she couldnt have a type because she wasn't a hottie.

Nope, I was just wondering how someone could know what her type was, but since I don't follow her I didn't know she had discussed it.  

On 3/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, BW Manilowe said:

From PeopleRingo Starr is Now "Sir Ringo Starr" (Probably Actually "Sir Richard Starkey", His Real Name)

He was knighted by HRH Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge (on behalf of his grandmother, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II), earlier today in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace; Ringo was named to receive the award on the Queen's New Year's Honors List.

Oh!  I'm inexplicably happy to hear this!  Ringo is my favorite Beatle.

• Like 8

I hope nobody here had plans to see Celine Dion's Vegas residency show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas between March 27th & April 18th. 

Celine has to cancel her shows between those dates to have what's described as "minimally invasive" ear surgery in order to treat a middle ear condition, she's been dealing with for about the last 12-18 months (via treatment by ear drops, which is apparently no longer working), called Patulous Eustachian Tube. The condition causes hearing irregularities &, obviously, makes it harder to sing.

Celine is expected to resume her Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas shows, as scheduled, on May 22nd. Ticket holders will receive refunds for the canceled performances.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To change the placement of a comma.
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, BW Manilowe said:

From PeopleRingo Starr is Now "Sir Ringo Starr" (Probably Actually "Sir Richard Starkey", His Real Name)

He was knighted by HRH Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge (on behalf of his grandmother, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II), earlier today in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace; Ringo was named to receive the award on the Queen's New Year's Honors List.

I wonder if he's more proud of that than the fact that he actually looks younger than his own son!

Maybe he and Rob Lowe should get together for a toast!

Edited by Blergh · Reason: addendum
  • Like 5

Ringo (& Paul) need to stop coloring their hair.  They look ten years older.  James Brolin is 77 & looks younger than both.  

I wonder if he is bothered by being knighted by a lesser royal.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Andy Dick is now subject to a restraining order that he has to stay away from his wife and kids for the next 5 years.

I'm surprised he wasn't already subject to one.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I wonder if [Ringo] is bothered by being knighted by a lesser royal.

Considering that the Beatles as a group were given the MBE back in '65, I don't think he minds so much who actually performed his solo gig.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Considering that the Beatles as a group were given the MBE back in '65, I don't think he minds so much who actually performed his solo gig.

According to this ITV News report about Ringo's knighthood ceremony, Prince William told Ringo he's a Beatles fan; Ringo also talked about having three kids (Prince William's third child should arrive in the fairly near future). So I don't think he minded not being knighted by Her Majesty.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To remove an extraneous word.
  • Like 14

On 3/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, Tanichka said:

I wonder if he is bothered by being knighted by a lesser royal.

21 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

According to this ITV News report about Ringo's knighthood ceremony, Prince William told Ringo he's a Beatles fan; Ringo also talked about having three kids (Prince William's third child should arrive in the fairly near future). So I don't think he minded not being knighted by Her Majesty.

"Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say." 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pallas said:

"Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say." 

Who can call her a 'girl'? Is there a 110-year-old out there?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Who can call her a 'girl'? Is there a 110-year-old out there?

Paul Mc Cartney called her a girl in the lyrics of the song ‘Her Majesty’ quoted above.  He’s almost 16 years younger than the Queen.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Paul Mc Cartney called her a girl in the lyrics of the song ‘Her Majesty’ quoted above.  He’s almost 16 years younger than the Queen.

As the closing number in the Beatles' album Abbey Road, in reference to his, Ringo's, George's and John's visit to the Palace to be awarded their O.B.E.'s (and smoke pot in a lavatory, pre-ceremony). 

• Like 7

In celebrity real estate news, Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni's (better known as Michelangelo) Tuscan villa is for sale. Only $9.27 million and you get the original deed signed by the man himself. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, doodlebug said:

OK, thanks for explanation but I think it's a bit much for a person to call someone roughly a generation OLDER then oneself a 'girl' or, for that matter, a 'boy'.

Edited by Blergh · Reason: removing extraneous stuff
  • Like 1

She looks great. If I didn’t know it was her, I’d probably have guessed Dakota Fanning at first glance.

Edited by bijoux
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Christina Aguilara goes make up free for a magazine

1.  I would never have guessed who that was.

2.  I think she's prettier without all of that make up!  I can see her wearing a powder base, light blush, light lipstick or tinted lip gloss and some mascara (maybe a little bit of eye liner) and looking like a natural beauty. 

She looks fantastic and at least 10 years younger. She should really tone her makeup way back.

• Like 13

21 hours ago, Blergh said:

OK, thanks for explanation but I think it's a bit much for a person to call someone roughly a generation OLDER then oneself a 'girl' or, for that matter, a 'boy'.

The song was a very tongue-in-cheek ditty written after the Beatles met the Queen.  Other lyrics include the phrase, "her Majesty, she's a pretty nice girl and someday I'd like to make her mine".  I don't think anyone thought Paul McCartney really wanted to steal the Queen away from her husband.

• Like 6

Gotcha, doodlebug. However; one should take a look at virtually ANY pic of Her Majesty from the first decade of her reign and one can see that it wasn't JUST her title that enthralled her subjects including McCartney.  

• Like 4

On 3/20/2018 at 3:31 PM, Ohwell said:

Remember to that the Beatles were anti-establishment in a cute, cudley kind of way and saying outrageous stuff was expected.

• Like 2

IMO, there are quite a few celebrities who look SO MUCH better without lots of makeup.  WHY don't they see it?  Some of them can use a little help though.  But, that Gwen Stefani!  OMG.  That woman is gorgeous.!

These are a bunch of before and after makeup. Amazing....

http://www.thelist.com/19920/unrecognizable-photos-celebs-without-makeup/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Willowsmom said:

Remember to that the Beatles were anti-establishment in a cute, cudley kind of way and saying outrageous stuff was expected.

That was a blank quote, so I don't know what it was.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

From the article:

LOL, job placement? Does the halfway house have a reality star division?

Hopefully she gets some real financial management assistance so she doesn't end up in prison again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, there are quite a few celebrities who look SO MUCH better without lots of makeup.  WHY don't they see it?  Some of them can use a little help though.  But, that Gwen Stefani!  OMG.  That woman is gorgeous.!

These are a bunch of before and after makeup. Amazing....

http://www.thelist.com/19920/unrecognizable-photos-celebs-without-makeup/

Wow, there are quite a few that look just as good, if not better, without make up.  And they look so different!  I am very comfortable without make up.  In fact, I almost never wear it and, when I do, it's minimal.  Now, I wonder what I'd look like if a professional did my make up.  Too bad I'll never be in a position to find out. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Now, I wonder what I'd look like if a professional did my make up.  Too bad I'll never be in a position to find out.

I had a professional do my makeup for my sister's wedding. So, there are times when non-famous folks like us get the all-star treatment. Also, did not recognize myself in the mirror. That stuff is powerful.

Something about seeing Christina Aguilera without makeup on feels like a time machine. She looks as young there as she did in Genie in a Bottle days. Add in those freckles and I feel like my popstars are all still young and dumb, which allows me more time to be young and dumb. Britney is also reverse-aging. It's not something I want people to fake their way into (aka, I'm not gonna need y'all to Gladys-Knight your face) but when it can happen from being kind to your skin and body, it's inspiring. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I had a professional do my makeup for my sister's wedding. So, there are times when non-famous folks like us get the all-star treatment. Also, did not recognize myself in the mirror. That stuff is powerful.

I had a professional do my makeup for my wedding.  All my friends raved about it.  The eye makeup was superb - the filled in eyebrows and the false eyelashes (my first time).

I rarely wear makeup.  Generally only for big events.  I'm just too lazy to wear it on a day to day basis.  I go to the gym in the mornings so I usually go to work make up free with wet hair.  I have co-workers who come in with full hair and make up. 

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Like 4

'No makeup' doesn't mean no photoshop, though. It's possible the magazine editors could have touched up things. (No, not trying to downplay Christina's beauty; but I used to intern at a magazine, and you'd be amazed at how many things they tweak even for non-celebs.)

Edited by Trini
  • Like 10

I remember when going to Glamour Shots was a big deal, getting full makeup and then having sultry, sexy pictures taken, usually to give to your boyfriend or husband.   So I went to one in a shopping mall, got the makeup and had the photos taken.  I didn't look at myself in the mirror before I left, was walking around in the mall and noticed some people staring at me.  I happened to catch my reflection in a mirror and, I swear, I jumped back in horror.  Even though the photos looked good, the makeup was piled on so thick that my face looked like a cartoon.  I slinked off to the nearest restroom and wiped all that gunk off my face.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Trini said:

'No makeup' doesn't mean no photoshop, though. It's possible the magazine editors could have touched up things. (No, not trying to downplay Christina's beauty; but I used to intern at a magazine, and you'd be amazed at how many things they tweak even for non-celebs.)

Good point.  I forgot about that.  I did consider lighting, but not the touching up.

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I remember when going to Glamour Shots was a big deal, getting full makeup and then having sultry, sexy pictures taken, usually to give to your boyfriend or husband.   So I went to one in a shopping mall, got the makeup and had the photos taken.  I didn't look at myself in the mirror before I left, was walking around in the mall and noticed some people staring at me.  I happened to catch my reflection in a mirror and, I swear, I jumped back in horror.  Even though the photos looked good, the makeup was piled on so thick that my face looked like a cartoon.  I slinked off to the nearest restroom and wiped all that gunk off my face.

I saw those all the time, but never tried one.  When I say professionals, I mean the people who do the celebrities for the red carpet and, movie premieres, etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, there are quite a few celebrities who look SO MUCH better without lots of makeup.  WHY don't they see it? 

I think a lot of them are used to the makeup face as their face. It hides what they want hidden and highlights want they want to feature.  And as performers, they're used to wearing a lot of makeup under the lights. They feel they look strange without it.  (I'm the opposite since I'm too lazy to put makeup on--makeup face never looks like me.) Honestly, there were only a few people on that list who I might've recognized without makeup. And there were others who I'd never recognize either way so I didn't count them.

It's not even about which look looks better but which look looks like them.

• Like 6

He was stabbed and then rushed to hospital. He thinks it's revenge for his exposing of pedophiles in Hollywood.

• Like 2

OtterMommy

Please do not post only links to news stories. Please add some context for the link for the other members. Context can even be as simple as a quote from the article itself.