Type keyword(s) to search

Justified Classic: Past Seasons Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, supposebly said:

I don't understand why they are doing this. It had such a nice ending.

As much as I love me some Timothy Olyphant and will watch him in anything (including Hitman), I think they stuck the landing with the series and should have left it alone.  They can't top that and there's no believable scenario to get Boyd to Miami, so they've lost a big part of what made the series so great.

I'll watch it, but I'm not holding my breath for it to be excellent.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

My husband and I pull that clip up every few months.  In a show full of awesome, memorable scenes, that one is probably my favorite.  "...got a job in law enforcement, not once but twice, spends 3 days driving around with you while you were looking for him, and now has run off with a hooker half his age." Badass shit, indeed!  And you are right, Nick Searcy nails it!

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, cleo said:

Has anyone seen a release date yet? 

It will air on FX on July 18 but premiere at a TV festival on June 1 from what I'm seeing. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Is a separate forum being created for Episode Topics?

I just put in a request for one.  I've learned the hard way, that if you don't ask (soon enough), you don't get.

Edited by SoMuchTV
typo, again
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

I'm doing a rewatch, and I have a question. Does anyone know if there is a behind-the-scenes reason for Winona's change of heart in season 3? it was like she was perfectly fine with Raylan being Raylan in the first part of the season, and then turned on a dime to leave him. Is this about the time her rich-people-being-awful (the pre Sucession Succession show) was getting greenlit? Or did she piss off Yost or something? It was a very odd turn without any real motivating cause.

Also, on the rewatch, Raylan shoots a lot of people. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, whiporee said:

I'm doing a rewatch, and I have a question. Does anyone know if there is a behind-the-scenes reason for Winona's change of heart in season 3? it was like she was perfectly fine with Raylan being Raylan in the first part of the season, and then turned on a dime to leave him. Is this about the time her rich-people-being-awful (the pre Sucession Succession show) was getting greenlit? Or did she piss off Yost or something? It was a very odd turn without any real motivating cause.

Also, on the rewatch, Raylan shoots a lot of people. 

My understanding is she wanted to be free to pursue other options and was even set to leave the show after season 2, but they liked her enough to try to accommodate her schedule and worked out a deal for her to remain on the show in a much more limited capacity. 

Here's an article I found that seems to confirm that:

https://tvline.com/interviews/justified-natalie-zea-preview-winona-return-318474/

I've also read some stuff that suggested she was hurt by how vocal many fans were in disliking Winona, so that might have been a private reason she didn't want to be as visible on the show. 

Personally, I think the writers never really knew what to do with Winona. I think Natalie Zea is very naturally charming and I enjoyed her early banter with Raylan, but the storylines for her were quite unflattering and stupid. I never could like her after that hideous season 2 storyline about the stolen money. 

• Like 1

I never got around to (what was) the final season of Justified, because I dreaded what would happen. Then I saw a brief clip in an Emmys montage that year of two people, shot from above in light and dark hats (who I thought were Raylan and Boyd) shooting at each other and falling down and I thought “Oh, no!” and I put off watching it altogether.  But now that this new season is out, I had to go back. And wouldn’t you know, they break my heart in the very first episode by killing Dewey. And, much like him, I did not see that coming.

Now, having finished season 6, I was happy with the season.  Although I really wanted Loretta to kill Boon. I hated his comic book villain style and he menaced her (and us) far too many times. We never did find out what happened with Boon and the people at the diner. Come to think of it, did Loretta ever find out what happened to her great aunt?

They tried to push a "will they or won't they" / "are they or aren't they" thing with Raylan and Ava that never worked. Raylan never seemed interested in rekindling anything there and so that constant "He's probably screwing his CI", "are you back with Raylan?" talk seemed forced. Also, they could have left all the Wynona stuff for the very end. I like Natalie Zea, but she was useless this season.

I was glad to see Ava drive off and elude everyone. I didn't think they needed to give her a 1930s dust bowl looking kid, though. It would have been better if Raylan let her get away for old times' sake, rather than the child's.

Nice to see Wynn get away. If it couldn't be Dewey, I'm glad it was him. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Patton Oswalt survive. The body count this season was off the charts. No wonder Harlan is dying. There are only about twelve people left. Good thing Loretta is still around, if her pot business can't save the town, nothing can. 

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 1

I’m doing a rewatch also before I start the new ones. I really only watched season 5 before. My disdain for Walton Goggins is so huge I couldn’t bring myself to watch before. I just cannot like the man and I’m not sure why. I like him in the goofier stuff he does like “righteous gemstones” so it’s been eye opening. 

• Mind Blown 1