Type keyword(s) to search

Batwoman in the Media: Send the Bat Signal

• Start Topic

It is just such a relief to know that in the end they did not win. That Kate Kane’s legacy as Batwoman will no longer be disgraced by these disrespectful producers and their disgusting agenda to erase her.

As a fan who has loved her for years I just find this so validating.

Season 3 DVD/Blu-Ray info:

https://www.warnerbros.com/news/press-releases/batwoman-the-third-and-final-season-on-disc-july-12

Javicia Leslie returns as DC Super Hero Batwoman to lead the Bat Team when Batwoman: The Third and Final Season arrives on Blu-rayTM and DVD July 12, 2022 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Featuring all 13 epic episodes from the third season with all-new bonus features including deleted scenes and a gag reel, Batwoman: The Third and Final Season is priced to own for $29.98 SRP Blu-ray/ $24.98 SRP DVD ($39.99 SRP Blu-ray/ $29.98 SRP DVD in Canada).

BLU-RAY & DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

Deleted Scenes (Exclusive to Blu-ray and DVD)

Gag Real (Exclusive to Blu-ray and DVD)

Batwing: A Hero’s Journey

Ryan Wilder has one last adventure.

Stargirl & S.T.R.I.P.E. Confront Pat's Past in Arrowverse Crossover
DC Comics is offering The Earth-Prime 6 issue Comic Book series, an Arrowverse Crossover Event featuring "canon" TV versions of your favorite CW Superheroes "Batwoman, Superman & Lois, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, and The Flash. Each superhero is highlighted in their own issue before coming together in an epic conclusion in Issue 6.

0222DC038.jpg

Earth-Prime #1 is "Batwoman" on April 5th.
Ever since the tech that created many of Batman's rogues hit the streets, Ryan Wilder has been running herself ragged trying to contain the new villains popping up around Gotham City. But when Clayface's mud binds itself to a local high schooler, Batwoman will need help from an unexpected source to contain this muddy foe! Also, follow how Luke Fox balances his life as a superhero and a boyfriend!
Earth-Prime-1-Batwoman-Main_61eb7ed0e9e6

0222DC040.jpg
Earth-Prime #2 is "Superman & Lois" on April 19th. 
A story spotlighting Clark Kent and Lois Lane's first anniversary. Plus, the true origins of the evil Superman from John Henry Irons' world are finally revealed!
0222DC039_2.jpeg

FQ-Q2ZIVcAACKur-1.jpg

Earth-Prime #3 is "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" on May 3rd. 
Ray Palmer assembling the retired Legends for one last go-round after he learns Mick Rory's Necrian children have been kidnapped by a group of mysterious Necrian assassins. Some "former teammates" might also be making an appearance.
0322DC047.jpg
Earth-Prime #4 is "Stargirl" on May 17th.
the Dugan-Whitmore family vacation in full swing, but something sinister lurks in the woods, stalking Pat Dugan. Can Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. face down the threat from Pat's past and preserve their summer trip, or will it come to a tragic end?
Earth-Prime-Stargirl-4-3.jpg

Earth-Prime #5 is "The Flash" on June 7th.
When Barry Allen and Iris West go out of town for a much-needed vacation in 2049, Bart and Nora are left to stay out of trouble in Central City. With their parents gone, Bart begs Nora to let him go on patrol and really be a hero, but Nora refuses, saying it's too dangerous without Barry there. But when one of Bart's classmates at Central City University starts causing trouble, how can Impulse not leap into action?
2100574_xl.jpg

Earth-Prime #6 "Hero's Twilight" on June 21st. 
Arrowverse CW Superhero Crossover. A force arises that wants to free humanity from their dependency on "Superheroes".

At TVGuide.com: '4 Canceled Shows That We Hope Get Saved'

We're going to miss all of these shows, but four in particular deserve a second chance at another network or streamer before being sentenced to TV's graveyard.

Batwoman

Where to watch: The CW  | HBO Max 

Fans are particularly heartbroken about the cancellation of Batwoman, and for good reason. In many ways, it felt like The CW series was just beginning to come into its own. Batwoman broke down some barriers for superhero shows, spotlighting a queer Black woman as the eponymous protector of Gotham. Javicia Leslie was praised in the role, which she took over before Season 2 after the unexpected departure of Season 1 star Ruby Rose. Fans paid for billboards in New York calling for the show to be saved, but it's looking like they won't get closure on several storylines; the Season 3 finale (now the series finale) ended on a cliffhanger.

• Love 1

Nice post-Batwoman interview with Javicia Leslie here: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a40044770/batwoman-javicia-leslie-season-4-wildmoore/

What would you say now to these fans who are campaigning for the show's return?

Just that I hear you and I see you. What the show means, and what the character means – it's being able to finally see yourself.

It's never been done. We have not had a female Black lead as a title for a superhero show. We just haven't had it yet. And to top it off, she's also gay, and I think that's just such a beautiful combination of diversity, in a way where you're able to really represent a vast community of people that have not been able to see themselves.

So my words to those fans are: I see you. You may not have felt seen before, but because of this role, and, honestly, just because of what I've experienced and my own understanding and my own experience – I see you.

• Love 1

Batwoman/Ryan Wilder in the artwork for this year's Comic-Con bags:

... Jim Lee, Publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC, has created two designs for this year’s must-have collectible swag holder, featuring more than 50 characters from across the DC Multiverse. ...

SDCC-2022-Bags-Jim-Lee_62b9e0bfa56b52.83018534.jpg

There are several interviews with Javicia Leslie about her role on The Flash; here's one where she also talks a bit about Batwoman:

(*spoilers* for her episodes of The Flash)

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-flash-mask-of-the-red-death-brings-closure-to-batwoman/

“We got the chance to give Ryan and Batwoman an appropriate goodbye,” Javicia Leslie, who plays both Red Death and Batwoman’s Ryan Wilder over the course of this arc, tells Den of Geek. “Because when we ended [the show], we didn’t know we weren’t coming back. We kind of left it on a cliffhanger, so Eric coming up with this idea—it opened the door to really being able to do that. And not just say goodbye, but to play a character like Red Death at the same time? It was so much fun. And I think we did it in a really epic way. We really did it in a creative way. I’m so appreciative of that.”

Another Javicia interview: https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-javicia-leslie-interview/

It was an honor. I got to be a part of the Batverse. I will always and forever be a part of that. It was an honor to be the beginning of that kind of representation. The kid in me is really hyped that I got to play in the Batcave, drive the Batmobile, put on the Batsuit, and throw a Batarang. This experience has been life changing. It makes me excited about my craft because it lets me know I can go from being a bartender on a show to being a superhero, and now, being a police detective.