Type keyword(s) to search

Batwoman in the Media: Send the Bat Signal

• Start Topic

This is really getting the big marketing push from WB. Batwoman gets a SDCC key card:

gkr6hmsv5ojfg2q5janc1vz9svifwox2&box_cli

https://comiccon.thewb.com/wbsdcc-2019-keycards/

With more than 40,000 branded room keys available at nearly 40 participating major hotels throughout the San Diego area during Comic-Con, fans will find doors opening all over the city thanks to the Wayne family fortune — and a group of outlaw superheroes. ...

Batwoman premieres Sunday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW. From Warner Bros. Television and executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries, Smallville), Geoff Johns (Wonder Woman, Aquaman) and Sarah Schechter (Supergirl, Black Lightning), the latest series in Berlanti Productions’ DCTV Arrow-verse follows Kate Kane (Ruby Rose), a highly trained street fighter who soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman.

Not really surprising as the latest addition to the Arrowverse especially with the "Bat" name and with Arrow ending as well. It starts filming tomorrow so there should be more pics and some spoilers coming soon.

(edited)

Ruby Rose will also be at this panel at SD Comic Con:

Saturday, July 20

Entertainment Weekly: Women Who Kick Ass

4:00pm – 5:00pm
Hall H

A discussion among fierce, fearless actresses Shohreh Aghdashloo (The Expanse), Freema Agyeman(New Amsterdam, Doctor Who), Betty Gilpin (The Hunt, GLOW), Ruby Rose (Batwoman), and Cobie Smulders (Stumptown) who open up about the power and privilege of playing women that redefine the rules and refuse to yield.

Edited by Trini

It looks like comicbook.com might have put this out earlier than they were supposed to, since this info isn't even up on WB or TV Guide's pages yet --

Batwoman gets her own Comic Con special TV Guide cover:

Fans can drop by the DC Warner Bros. booth (#4545 on the convention floor) to pick up their free copy of the TV Guide Magazine special issue during Comic-Con, beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21. ...

The four total collectible covers feature the following WBTV series and stars:

Batwoman star Ruby Rose, from the highly anticipated upcoming series

All four covers will be on sale at newsstand mainline from July 16–October 14, 2019. The special issue can also be purchased online via TVGuideMagazine.com/comiccon, BN.com and/or Amazon.com, and will be available digitally on Barnes & Noble’s NOOK, Amazon’s Kindle Fire, Zinio, Google and Magzter.

Included in this issue are:

... Coming Attractions previews of upcoming series Batwoman, Katy Keene, Pennyworth, Stargirl, Veronica Mars and Watchmen

batwoman-tvgm-2019-cover-hr-1177946.jpeg

The Batwoman cast, executive producers, and the director of the pilot are scheduled for CW's TCA presentation tomorrow (Aug. 4). I doubt there'll be much more info than what was offered at Comic Con, but it's a chance for more interviews.

Crossover scheduling: Batwoman will air its episode on Monday, not Sunday.

This coming season, The CW will present its biggest DC crossover ever with CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS airing across five different episodes of the network's hit superhero series and spanning two quarters (December 2019 and January 2020). The CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS episodic air schedule is as follows (some series airing outside of their regular time period):

SUPERGIRL - Sunday, December 8, 2019 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

BATWOMAN - Monday, December 9, 2019 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

THE FLASH - Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

ARROW - Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT)

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT)

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

And the return of the generic gray background for promo pics...gotta love them

I don't understand why this is the one thing they (CW/WB) choose to skimp on. For a network known for young, pretty people....

Batwoman part of  Paleyfest Fall TV Previews: https://www.paleycenter.org/2019-paleyfest-previews/

The Paley Center for Media unveiled the lineup for its 13th annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews. The fest will take place September 5-15 at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills and feature new shows from the fall 2019 television season as well as returning favorites from broadcast, cable and streaming services. As an added bonus, the Paley Center in New York will host free PaleyFest Fall TV Previews screenings September 6-8.

PaleyFest Fall TV Previews LA is the “go to” place for actors and creators to share behind-the-scenes insights and anecdotes with their fans in an intimate theater. Eat, drink, and see the next TV hits ....

Sept 7: The CW

Presents Batwoman, Nancy Drew, and Katy Keene 

6:00 pm Doors Open / Reception
6:30 pm Screening & Conversation

From Batwoman: Ruby Rose, Dougary Scott, Meagan Tandy, Elizabeth Anweis, Nicole Kang, Camrus Johnson, Rachel Skarsten, Greg Berlanti, Caroline Dries, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter

I happened to find a story on CW premiere week that adds a few things:

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6

8:00-9:00 pm — BATWOMAN (Series Premiere)
9:00-10:00 pm — SUPERGIRL (Season Premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 7

8:00-9:00 pm — ALL AMERICAN (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 pm — BATWOMAN (Encore of Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8

8:00-9:00 pm — THE FLASH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00  pm — BATWOMAN (2nd Encore of Series Premiere)

TWO repeats?

• Useful 1

Playing the premiere three days in a row seems a little excessive. It seems desperate.

This promo is a combined Batwoman/Supergirl ad, not really any new footage though. 

I keep hearing that Batwoman and Supergirl are going to have their own crossover in the back half of the season. Is there any truth to that?

3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I happened to find a story on CW premiere week that adds a few things:

Reveal spoiler

TWO repeats?

Not anymore. Black Lightning's season premiere was moved to Oct. 7 after All American, last week. That schedule was from June.

Edited by Trini
added more info
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, Trini said:

Not anymore. Black Lightning's season premiere was moved to Oct. 7 after All American, last week. That schedule was from June.

Thanks.  I had missed the schedule change at TCA.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, BaggythePanther said:

I keep hearing that Batwoman and Supergirl are going to have their own crossover in the back half of the season. Is there any truth to that?

Sounds like speculation. I haven't seen anyone from either show or the network say anything about that.

You know, if you had told me in 2002 that someday I'd be watching a show and that the most compelling performance would be coming from Rachel Skarsten... that lady has come a LONG way in her craft!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MarkHB said:

You know, if you had told me in 2002 that someday I'd be watching a show and that the most compelling performance would be coming from Rachel Skarsten... that lady has come a LONG way in her craft!

She was good on Reign.

• Love 1

Ruby Rose interview for NY Times' Fall Preview: 'Ruby Rose Is Ready to Fight Crime and Fan Scrutiny as Batwoman'

You left Twitter shortly after there was some fan backlash to your casting. Were the two related?

I was finding it really depressing way before the “Batwoman” thing, so I was happy to get rid of it. When the “Batwoman” stuff happened I was like, “Well, now’s a good enough time.”

You adapt a book, a comic, you reboot a series, anything like that, people are kind of fixed on how they receive the information and the content and the stories. I auditioned a lot for the role. I think I’m doing a good job. I love the pilot, I love what I do. I can’t please everybody and some people will love it, some people will like it, some people will have thought I wouldn’t be good and might be impressed. Some people might be like “I still hate her!” And that’s fine. That’s life. I’m not going to be on my deathbed one day like, “I wish strangers on the internet that I never met liked me more.” I’m going to be thinking, “This is so awesome I got to play Batwoman for the first time, and no one else had played her.” That’s my legacy and I’m going to own that.

Will you return to Twitter to promote “Batwoman”?

It’s just narcissistic and weird. I don’t feel comfortable and I don’t think we’re going to get the response we want. I can’t.

How did you find your way into Kate?

Kate has been through a lot. She’s broody because she’s lost everything. Her sister died, her mum died, her dad doesn’t want her. She’s kicked out of the military and her girlfriend lied to stay in the military. She’s trying to deal with so much trauma that there’s not a lot of room for happiness. She’s got a purpose with Batwoman, and so she’s getting lighter, but those first few episodes, I was going home at night and having to have a bath and fully cleanse. Because when you’re that upset, you’re taking on all of those traumas. They’re not yours, but you start to really feel them.

I think that she carries all this heaviness like Bruce Wayne, in the Batman world. She puts a lot of pressure on herself. She doesn’t act like a victim in any way, but she’s always trying to push through and she’s always strong. I’ll stop for a minute if something is traumatic. Or if I’m going to deal with something, I’ll go to a therapist; I’ll see my friends. I’ve overcome things and I feel great. She doesn’t do any of that stuff, so she’s kind of just figuring it out. She’s more lost than I am. At my age, I feel like I’m pretty together. Kate, I feel like, is on a journey to self-discovery.

• Useful 2
On 9/2/2019 at 2:28 PM, Trini said:

Another promo with a voiceover from Kate giving a short premise of the show

Seriously, I am rooting for this show.  I plan to watch it and I hope it's really good and that Ruby Rose does extremely well as Kate.

But wow, her delivery on that promo couldn't be any flatter if it were Ben Stein narrating a science class filmstrip.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I’ve only heard reviews from a couple of people who saw the pilot and they were lukewarm. I wonder if they’ve now decided that advanced  previews of the pilot might hurt rather than help the show?

I doubt that's the reason; the pilot and reviews of it are already out there, and there's a screening scheduled for New York Comic Con. I think people will be checking this out regardless, whether they can keep people watching is the real question.

---

New promo focused on the love interest aspect:

• Useful 1