Type keyword(s) to search

Home Improvement - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Laff is currently showing the episode right now where Brad gets caught with marijuana.

I really do like that episode. The parents hiding at Wilson's to see who it belonged too and getting their hopes up when they see Ronnie. Tim and Jill debating whether to tell Brad that Jill did drugs too. I can see both points. Jill thinking if she told him what it was like for her, he'd listen. Tim against it thinking it'll just encourage Brad to do drugs because his mom did drugs. 

The only thing I don't like is Tim or Jill says that Jill's parents knew. There is no way that Fred wouldn't bring that up and often if his daughter had done drugs. Nothing about him suggests he'd just let it go. I'm not sure Jill's mother would either. It makes more sense that they never found out. I can see a sister or two of Jill's knowing but no way Jill or Tim would ever tell her parents.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

The only thing I don't like is Tim or Jill says that Jill's parents knew. There is no way that Fred wouldn't bring that up and often if his daughter had done drugs. Nothing about him suggests he'd just let it go. I'm not sure Jill's mother would either. It makes more sense that they never found out. I can see a sister or two of Jill's knowing but no way Jill or Tim would ever tell her parents.  

Yeah, that rang false to me even back when it first showed. No way, they would have let that go. Hell, they would have held that more over Jill's head than Fred constantly bashing Tim or Lillian given her history, just not saying it in public. The sisters knowing? Oh yeah, that I can see. Of course this goes back to how Marty was some man-child. He saw his mother working so hard and the same with Tim. Yet he was: "Why do I have to work for everything, why can't it be easy?" 

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, readster said:

Yeah, that rang false to me even back when it first showed. No way, they would have let that go. Hell, they would have held that more over Jill's head than Fred constantly bashing Tim or Lillian given her history, just not saying it in public. The sisters knowing? Oh yeah, that I can see. Of course this goes back to how Marty was some man-child. He saw his mother working so hard and the same with Tim. Yet he was: "Why do I have to work for everything, why can't it be easy?" 

Yeah, Fred would have held it over Jill's head forever. I can't see Jill ever telling her parents. Her sisters sure. But not her parents. Lillian probably wouldn't say anything. Its also like Fred hates Tim so much. Even though Tim works and supports Jill and their kids. He and Jill are still married over decade later, and are happy, and their kids are great. So what's his problem? One of his daughters hooked up with another daughter's husband. But Tim's the one he's hard on, hates and can't even call him by his name? 

Lucille tells Tim in the episode where she loans Jeff money that he wants what Tim has. Yet somehow don't see that Tim went to college and worked hard to get where he is. He worked hard as a tool salesman becoming number one. Meanwhile Jeff sees that and decides harebrain schemes is the way to go. Marty has his mother and Tim both people who work hard. Lucille had to because she lost her husband and still had sons to support and raise. And Tim once again went to college and became tool salesman becoming number one and becoming close with Binford. That lead to Tool Time. Yet he thinks he doesn't have to work hard despite seeing how it paid off for his mom and Tim? He doesn't have to work so hard but it'll still somehow pay off.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Lucille tells Tim in the episode where she loans Jeff money that he wants what Tim has. Yet somehow don't see that Tim went to college and worked hard to get where he is. He worked hard as a tool salesman becoming number one. Meanwhile Jeff sees that and decides harebrain schemes is the way to go. Marty has his mother and Tim both people who work hard. Lucille had to because she lost her husband and still had sons to support and raise. And Tim once again went to college and became tool salesman becoming number one and becoming close with Binford. That lead to Tool Time. Yet he thinks he doesn't have to work hard despite seeing how it paid off for his mom and Tim? He doesn't have to work so hard but it'll still somehow pay off.

Yeah, I mean that attitude with adults or even teens today would make sense, but not back then. It's like how Tim had to feel he had to always one up something. At what point do you get hit with reality enough before you go: "Yeah, you know, maybe I should stop trying to do that."

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:47 AM, readster said:

Yeah, I mean that attitude with adults or even teens today would make sense, but not back then. It's like how Tim had to feel he had to always one up something. At what point do you get hit with reality enough before you go: "Yeah, you know, maybe I should stop trying to do that."

Yeah, it would make more sense then and not now. It doesn't make sense and they don't really grow. Tim never stops having to one up everything or if he's going to make changes or improve something to not go so big. If only went up a little like for the dishwasher, vacuum and everything else it probably would work. Its like the washer and dryer. He really thought it over, improved it and it remained working the rest of the series. He doesn't think about that and try to do the same thing with other things. Or get tired of ending up in the ER. Learning how do remotes since so many of his jam up or something.  I know its a sitcom but sometimes its nice to see characters grow even just a little. Especially by the last season. 

Like Marty, he never really grows up and starts taking his responsibilities more seriously.  He never finally mans up. He's lost job after job, be handed opportunities that he blows like helping Tim build the set and K&B Construction. It gets so old listening to him whine but never doing anything about it. Even in the episode when he moves in with his daughters and gets mad at Tim for being better at everything, he still doesn't at the end do anything to improve. Tim does get in a good point after Marty's whining about how easy everything was for Tim, pointing out it wasn't easy after their dad died, and that Tim worked two jobs in college. Does Marty listen to that? Does it sink in? No, he gets mad that Tim saying he can't hand it. The series ends and he still most likely to be fired by Jeff before Tim and Jill make it to Indiana. Jeff does at least finally decides to grow up and buy into the hardware store. 

Like Al who grows in some places he gets a girlfriend and invents Tool Time game. But keeps getting mad at Tim's jokes even though he makes them about everyone and under his mother's thumb. We never get to see him finally put her in her place. Her dying is what gets him out from under there. They never have him realizing that she's doing that and thought it was Iiene being unreasonable instead of his mother. And that he was being unreasonable where his mother was concerned.

Or Benny, who plays the same notes over and over. He does nothing but mooch off everyone. They could have at least taken a step forward by him getting a job. Or showing why he was such a good friend. Since they never really did.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2
On 3/12/2019 at 6:43 AM, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, it would make more sense then and not now. It doesn't make sense and they don't really grow. Tim never stops having to one up everything or if he's going to make changes or improve something to not go so big. If only went up a little like for the dishwasher, vacuum and everything else it probably would work. Its like the washer and dryer. He really thought it over, improved it and it remained working the rest of the series. He doesn't think about that and try to do the same thing with other things. Or get tired of ending up in the ER. Learning how do remotes since so many of his jam up or something.  I know its a sitcom but sometimes its nice to see characters grow even just a little. Especially by the last season. 

Like Marty, he never really grows up and starts taking his responsibilities more seriously.  He never finally mans up. He's lost job after job, be handed opportunities that he blows like helping Tim build the set and K&B Construction. It gets so old listening to him whine but never doing anything about it. Even in the episode when he moves in with his daughters and gets mad at Tim for being better at everything, he still doesn't at the end do anything to improve. Tim does get in a good point after Marty's whining about how easy everything was for Tim, pointing out it wasn't easy after their dad died, and that Tim worked two jobs in college. Does Marty listen to that? Does it sink in? No, he gets mad that Tim saying he can't hand it. The series ends and he still most likely to be fired by Jeff before Tim and Jill make it to Indiana. Jeff does at least finally decides to grow up and buy into the hardware store. 

Like Al who grows in some places he gets a girlfriend and invents Tool Time game. But keeps getting mad at Tim's jokes even though he makes them about everyone and under his mother's thumb. We never get to see him finally put her in her place. Her dying is what gets him out from under there. They never have him realizing that she's doing that and thought it was Iiene being unreasonable instead of his mother. And that he was being unreasonable where his mother was concerned.

Or Benny, who plays the same notes over and over. He does nothing but mooch off everyone. They could have at least taken a step forward by him getting a job. Or showing why he was such a good friend. Since they never really did.

Right and many shows go: "Well, I believe the best characters never learn anything!" Yeah, but it goes to the point, if they truly "great" characters. Or lazy writing and just doing what everyone has "always" done. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, readster said:

Right and many shows go: "Well, I believe the best characters never learn anything!" Yeah, but it goes to the point, if they truly "great" characters. Or lazy writing and just doing what everyone has "always" done. 

Exactly. I do lean towards lazy writing because I've always enjoyed watching characters grow. Even just a little. Its fun to see them learn from their mistakes. Its really fun to see especially in the last season how far characters have come from the first season. And some sitcoms like HI there really should be difference because its a show where eight years have passed, the boys have gotten older and changed, the parents should too. There are some sitcoms where it doesn't matter. But ones where characters are getting older in the show there should still be growth and change. As fun as Bewitched was its annoying that by the end of it Darren is still bitching about magic. He's been married eight years, he has two kids with powers. He should be over it, used to and maybe set some ground rules. By the end of HI Tim should finally learn that not everything needs more power or to upgrade something so much that it blows up, puts him in the hospital or orbits the planet. Al should have already stood up to his mother and Marty should have grown up. The Middle struggled with that too. I always point to Leverage where all five characters grew from season to season. Especially Parker. She was wild, unpredictable, and crazy but she grew. Being with the team and helping people she learned to think about the right thing and what that was, hugging people, ended up in a relationship with Hardison, and the episode where she was so proud of herself for not stabbing the mark. But it didn't hurt the show. The show was still fun and funny. I really think good writers can do that. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

You know what I don't get about the episode Neighbors?

The fact that Patricia Richardson directed the episode, but yet she can be seen in a couple of scenes.

Maybe she only directed certain portions of the episode, and that's it.

That's pretty common. If one of the cast members has directed the episode and they are shown, they have an assistant director. Usually someone with a bit more experience. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, readster said:

That's pretty common. If one of the cast members has directed the episode and they are shown, they have an assistant director. Usually someone with a bit more experience. 

I wonder if that's the case with the Frasier episode called Moon Dance that Kelsey Grammer directed, because Kelsey was also in some scenes there as well.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I wonder if that's the case with the Frasier episode called Moon Dance that Kelsey Grammer directed, because Kelsey was also in some scenes there as well.

Yeah, watching old Star Trek NGT and ER episodes, they had a behind the scenes talk with that several times. The actors who were part of the show said they usually had an "experience" director with them as their assistant or co-director. That's how they could be in all the scenes. Basically how Kevin Smith did a lot of his movies for Jay and Silent Bob. He wrote and directed but there were several other assistant directors who would then do the rest of the stuff.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, readster said:

Yeah, watching old Star Trek NGT and ER episodes, they had a behind the scenes talk with that several times. The actors who were part of the show said they usually had an "experience" director with them as their assistant or co-director. That's how they could be in all the scenes. Basically how Kevin Smith did a lot of his movies for Jay and Silent Bob. He wrote and directed but there were several other assistant directors who would then do the rest of the stuff.

Ah, that makes sense now.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I don’t get why this was in Part 2 of the series finale instead of the last episode (Part 3).

That's Jill's bridesmaid dress from Al's first wedding to IIene which they called off.

14 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I don’t get why this was in Part 2 of the series finale instead of the last episode (Part 3).

I still think to this day, when they were told half way through the season and they were already writing down ideas for season 9, when Tim Allen decided that he wasn't going on, they started rushing things. As we know, Morgan taking over and destroying the show and Bud sinking Binford were so out of nowhere. I think the writers thought it was more natural, I do think it would have been better if these were the last scenes of the final episode. Making it Tim dropping off Brad and Mark at school was one hell of a long drive with the clip show pieces. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, readster said:

I still think to this day, when they were told half way through the season and they were already writing down ideas for season 9, when Tim Allen decided that he wasn't going on, they started rushing things. As we know, Morgan taking over and destroying the show and Bud sinking Binford were so out of nowhere. I think the writers thought it was more natural, I do think it would have been better if these were the last scenes of the final episode. Making it Tim dropping off Brad and Mark at school was one hell of a long drive with the clip show pieces. 

I agree with you on that.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, readster said:

I think so too. They wouldn't have started speeding things up unless they knew. I think if they had known before season 8 began they would have made the changes and everything more smoother then suddenly the last five episodes. 

I still like your idea for Part II by having it be Brad's and Jill's graduations instead of just Tim taking the boys to school. The clips would have fit perfectly with two graduations. Plus we would have gotten to see little Brad graduated and the pay off of five seasons with Jill graduating.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I still like your idea for Part II by having it be Brad's and Jill's graduations instead of just Tim taking the boys to school. The clips would have fit perfectly with two graduations. Plus we would have gotten to see little Brad graduated and the pay off of five seasons with Jill graduating.

Yes,  and it could have been a great way to lead to them moving. Jill gets the job, Brad is leaving anyhow, a bit much, however as many of us said, Randy would have been the odd factor. Moving before his senior year in high school, such a major change even though being in Costa Rica and being a top student. He would have gone off to school too, of course there is also Lauren and leaving for good. 

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:01 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

That was great and I love the article. There was a lot of information in there. Some was new. I can't imagine Ashley Judd as a Tool Girl. All the Toy Story & Lion King references. I knew after the show aired tons of Michigan colleges and universities sent in sweatshirts but didn't realize Tim was the only one allowed to wear them. I just assumed it was more of his character since he was always wearing jeans and sweatshirts. Plus was a big fan of Michigan sports teams. How funny the guy who was going to play Al, Stephen Tobolowsky suggested Patricia Richardson to replace Frances Fisher and he ended up not being on the show. Richardson and Karn both being last minute replacements is amazing since they both were perfect for their roles. I did agree I don't think Frances Fisher would have worked. She's a great actress and I loved her in other work. 

I did laugh thought at one of the points explained why Tim Allen was mad at JTT (Tim Allen thought JTT was leaving the show to go to school and when he ended up in movies he thought Jonathan lied to him) then further down in another point acted like they didn't know why! Did they forget what they wrote? 

9 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Laff is currently showing Season 6 at the moment. Not really a fan of the later seasons, but there are some exceptions that I'll make such as The Beach Boys episode.

I like the early seasons best. Some of the later episodes are good. But the early ones were just the best. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, andromeda331 said:

That was great and I love the article. There was a lot of information in there. Some was new. I can't imagine Ashley Judd as a Tool Girl. All the Toy Story & Lion King references. I knew after the show aired tons of Michigan colleges and universities sent in sweatshirts but didn't realize Tim was the only one allowed to wear them. I just assumed it was more of his character since he was always wearing jeans and sweatshirts. Plus was a big fan of Michigan sports teams. How funny the guy who was going to play Al, Stephen Tobolowsky suggested Patricia Richardson to replace Frances Fisher and he ended up not being on the show. Richardson and Karn both being last minute replacements is amazing since they both were perfect for their roles. I did agree I don't think Frances Fisher would have worked. She's a great actress and I loved her in other work. 

I did laugh thought at one of the points explained why Tim Allen was mad at JTT (Tim Allen thought JTT was leaving the show to go to school and when he ended up in movies he thought Jonathan lied to him) then further down in another point acted like they didn't know why! Did they forget what they wrote? 

I didn't know that Stephen suggested Patricia to replace Frances.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, readster said:

Yes,  and it could have been a great way to lead to them moving. Jill gets the job, Brad is leaving anyhow, a bit much, however as many of us said, Randy would have been the odd factor. Moving before his senior year in high school, such a major change even though being in Costa Rica and being a top student. He would have gone off to school too, of course there is also Lauren and leaving for good. 

That would have been perfect! We could see the two graduating. Maybe a few jokes of Brad graduating with his mom. His plans for UCLA and everything is going great for him. Jill graduates and gets the job.  Or puts out applications and is excited about finally getting out there to work. Make everything looking great before the bottom falls out at Binford. Or maybe it does but Tim keeps it quiet not wanting to ruin Brad and Jill's graduation and worrying them. Randy is the wild cart but yes they easily could have graduated him from his Costa Rica stuff. Maybe he gets a scholarship. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I didn't know that Stephen suggested Patricia to replace Frances.

I didn't either. I know Patricia was replaced last minute but didn't know who suggested her. Or why. I heard different stuff like Frances didn't test well or got sick or didn't like the script, etc. but they were all just rumors and not what the real reason or reasons was.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I didn't either. I know Patricia was replaced last minute but didn't know who suggested her. Or why. I heard different stuff like Frances didn't test well or got sick or didn't like the script, etc. but they were all just rumors and not what the real reason or reasons was.

I read that the audience reacted poorly to her or something like that.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That would have been perfect! We could see the two graduating. Maybe a few jokes of Brad graduating with his mom. His plans for UCLA and everything is going great for him. Jill graduates and gets the job.  Or puts out applications and is excited about finally getting out there to work. Make everything looking great before the bottom falls out at Binford. Or maybe it does but Tim keeps it quiet not wanting to ruin Brad and Jill's graduation and worrying them. Randy is the wild cart but yes they easily could have graduated him from his Costa Rica stuff. Maybe he gets a scholarship. 

Yeah, I liked when Tim said: "It's Jill's turn." That showed how far Tim came in the 8 years of the show and now seeing it was his turn to try and figure out where to go next while Jill was starting a career she wanted. I think it would have worked if the bomb shell happened the night before Jill's graduation and just before Brad's. Would have worked well. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, readster said:

Yeah, I liked when Tim said: "It's Jill's turn." That showed how far Tim came in the 8 years of the show and now seeing it was his turn to try and figure out where to go next while Jill was starting a career she wanted. I think it would have worked if the bomb shell happened the night before Jill's graduation and just before Brad's. Would have worked well. 

That would have worked well. They could have used the last episode then for goodbyes, the last Tool Time episode and Al's wedding. I'm still surprised that Mark and Brad were both so on board since Mark would have a new school, town and etc. to get used to and Brad wouldn't be able to visit his friends when he came home to visit on breaks and stuff. Its still their home and makes sense they'd be the most upset. But it was really sweet and they both were right it wouldn't matter that much to Brad since he'd be in college most of the time and Mark would be starting a new school anyway and didn't have a whole lot of friends.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That would have worked well. They could have used the last episode then for goodbyes, the last Tool Time episode and Al's wedding. I'm still surprised that Mark and Brad were both so on board since Mark would have a new school, town and etc. to get used to and Brad wouldn't be able to visit his friends when he came home to visit on breaks and stuff. Its still their home and makes sense they'd be the most upset. But it was really sweet and they both were right it wouldn't matter that much to Brad since he'd be in college most of the time and Mark would be starting a new school anyway and didn't have a whole lot of friends.

It would make sense now to end the show after 8 seasons. Because Tim and Patricia weren't into it anymore.

5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

It would make sense now to end the show after 8 seasons. Because Tim and Patricia weren't into it anymore.

Not exactly. Tim and Patricia were interested in doing another season the problem was that the network offered Tim a raise to I think 50 million but only offered Patricia half of that. Which is ridiculous she was on the show since the beginning and yet offered her only half? Both Patricia and Tim were ticked off by it. Had they offered her the same they would have gone on for another season. But the network refused to budge and Patricia and Tim refused to back down so the show ended. The other problem was Zachary Ty Bryan was leaving after eight seasons. They might have tried to see if he'd be interest in doing half or even just a few episode. Enough to show him at college and/or coming home for visits. Its easier to explain why he wouldn't be in every episode. If he said no then season 9 would have had only Mark at home.   JTT definitely wasn't coming back and wouldn't have since he and Allen hadn't made up yet. They probably would have just graduated him. The show was working on stuff for season nine with Jeff and Carrie, Marty and I think they were going to marry Lucille and Art to replace Brad and Randy and plans for Jill and her patients. Which would have been different. I'm not sure the show would have lasted beyond 9 seasons with just one kid at home. It would have been different but who knows maybe they could have made it work. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Not exactly. Tim and Patricia were interested in doing another season the problem was that the network offered Tim a raise to I think 50 million but only offered Patricia half of that. Which is ridiculous she was on the show since the beginning and yet offered her only half? Both Patricia and Tim were ticked off by it. Had they offered her the same they would have gone on for another season. But the network refused to budge and Patricia and Tim refused to back down so the show ended. The other problem was Zachary Ty Bryan was leaving after eight seasons. They might have tried to see if he'd be interest in doing half or even just a few episode. Enough to show him at college and/or coming home for visits. Its easier to explain why he wouldn't be in every episode. If he said no then season 9 would have had only Mark at home.   JTT definitely wasn't coming back and wouldn't have since he and Allen hadn't made up yet. They probably would have just graduated him. The show was working on stuff for season nine with Jeff and Carrie, Marty and I think they were going to marry Lucille and Art to replace Brad and Randy and plans for Jill and her patients. Which would have been different. I'm not sure the show would have lasted beyond 9 seasons with just one kid at home. It would have been different but who knows maybe they could have made it work. 

Yeah, I could have seen such a more full time use of Mark along with Jeff and Carrie, plus also Al and Trudy being newly weds. The plot points were already being written. I could have seen them saying that Randy graduated early or did a "special" year in another country. I also think we would probably never seen Bud in the last few episodes of season 8 if the show wasn't quickly being cancelled due to Tim and Pat deciding not to continue. Still was unfair on why they thought they could think that was a good financial plan when one of their biggest compation shows, Seinfield ended the year before and all the cast was being paid equal per episode. Especially in 1999-2000 when all networks except for CBS were doing GREAT in shows and ratings. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Oh sorry. My bad then.

• Love 1

Yeah, I could have seen such a more full time use of Mark along with Jeff and Carrie, plus also Al and Trudy being newly weds. The plot points were already being written. I could have seen them saying that Randy graduated early or did a "special" year in another country. I also think we would probably never seen Bud in the last few episodes of season 8 if the show wasn't quickly being cancelled due to Tim and Pat deciding not to continue. Still was unfair on why they thought they could think that was a good financial plan when one of their biggest compation shows, Seinfield ended the year before and all the cast was being paid equal per episode. Especially in 1999-2000 when all networks except for CBS were doing GREAT in shows and ratings. 

That could have worked. It would have been interesting to see Jill and Tim with just one kid at home adjusting to that and two kids in college. Or one in college and the other still in Costa Rica. It would have been nice to see Mark get more storylines make new friends, maybe finally get a girlfriend or two or new hobbies. Or do more in filming. To see Al and Trudy as newlyweds. There was a lot they could have done. It was really stupid on the network's part. You have a show with good ratings even in its 8th season and after one of the most popular actors left why would you like that go? Its not like they couldn't cough up the money. If Seinfield could do it then so could they. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That could have worked. It would have been interesting to see Jill and Tim with just one kid at home adjusting to that and two kids in college. Or one in college and the other still in Costa Rica. It would have been nice to see Mark get more storylines make new friends, maybe finally get a girlfriend or two or new hobbies. Or do more in filming. To see Al and Trudy as newlyweds. There was a lot they could have done. It was really stupid on the network's part. You have a show with good ratings even in its 8th season and after one of the most popular actors left why would you like that go? Its not like they couldn't cough up the money. If Seinfield could do it then so could they. 

Come to think of it, I really do wish there was a 9th season.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Me too. It could have been really good. They still had a lot left.

Considering that season 8, there were some pretty funny episodes still. There was also plenty of set up still with Marty and the girls. We know they would have written Debbie's pregnancy into the show since she found out a few weeks before they filmed the last few episodes. Would have been interesting to see even Heidi trying to deal with having a second baby and hoping history didn't repeat itself with Scott. Plus having both Al and Trudy feeling the pressures of having a baby before they got too old. You do wonder what they would have done with Wilson in season 9? Earl Hindmann would have been around at least 4 more years. His cancer diagnosis didn't come until 2002. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, readster said:

Considering that season 8, there were some pretty funny episodes still. There was also plenty of set up still with Marty and the girls. We know they would have written Debbie's pregnancy into the show since she found out a few weeks before they filmed the last few episodes. Would have been interesting to see even Heidi trying to deal with having a second baby and hoping history didn't repeat itself with Scott. Plus having both Al and Trudy feeling the pressures of having a baby before they got too old. You do wonder what they would have done with Wilson in season 9? Earl Hindmann would have been around at least 4 more years. His cancer diagnosis didn't come until 2002. 

I thought his diagnosis didn’t come until 2003.

That's true. I can see Al and Trudy deciding to have a baby as soon as possible given their ages and Al's worrying of having a baby before he's too old. He mentioned how hard it was to have a dad in his sixties who couldn't play with him because of his age. I wonder if they'd gone with just the trying and it taking awhile or a infertility storyline or probably go the Heidi and Trudy in labor at the same time. I wonder what "Al" name they'd give the baby? Alma, Alex, Alice, Malcolm, etc. I really wish they'd marry Wilson and Judith too. It would be really nice to see him gain a family member too. Maybe asked to teach a class or fill in for a professor friend which lead to him deciding to teach. They also could have finally made Tim an executive and have him excited until he has to start dealing with the business side of Binford/Tool Time and making decisions for the company, dealing with the board or making decisions that could effect people in the company.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1