Type keyword(s) to search

Home Improvement - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That's great! The first one must be from the episode where they go to Jill's cousin's wedding and Tim turns it into a vacation too. The other one of course from the episode where Lisa came back for a visit. Great pictures!

andromeda331,

They are actually video thumbnail stills, and not photos. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by MikaelaArsenault
  • Love 1

I was just watching where Jill and Tim get audited. I really want to understand what would trigger and audit for them? Tim at that time had almost 20 years in with Binford. Jill hadn't worked in almost five years and was going to college full time. Brad would have had to file taxes since he was now working, but they didn't have the hardware store yet and weren't invested in the rental house. You think with all Jill's worry about money, she would have worried about an audit, yet she and Tim both act surprised when they get audited. Plus, Tim keeps a pretty bad system.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:22 PM, readster said:

I was just watching where Jill and Tim get audited. I really want to understand what would trigger and audit for them? Tim at that time had almost 20 years in with Binford. Jill hadn't worked in almost five years and was going to college full time. Brad would have had to file taxes since he was now working, but they didn't have the hardware store yet and weren't invested in the rental house. You think with all Jill's worry about money, she would have worried about an audit, yet she and Tim both act surprised when they get audited. Plus, Tim keeps a pretty bad system.

It is odd that they were audited and didn't know why. There usually is a reason but no they both were surprised. Jill seems like she would be on top of it. Also, why does Tim have that system? You'd think Jill would have taken over the system when they first married and kept all papers in folders and stuff. She flipped out when Tim does things differently like the episode when he has to do more around the house and doesn't follow her system but doesn't have one for taxes. The taxes would make more sense she knows Tim and how he is with important papers and stuff. If anything you'd think Jill would have a crazy organized system divided by different types of recites like dozens of different folders or boxes with paper neatly stacked and labeled.  

• Love 2

The selling hardware store was on again the other night. When Jill asks how he's going to run a store Tim suggests Al and giving Marty a job. It stuck me when Tim mentions Marty he needs a job when his own wife doesn't have one and haven't worked in years but also when you own a business and looking or in need of someone to work its usually spouse, kids and various relatives get drafted. But Tim doesn't suggest nor does he ever draft Jill, Brad and Mark. Why couldn't Jill cover some hours during the day time? I know she hates the hardware store but did she really want them to lose all the money they put down for it? Or suggest Brad and Mark. I know Mark's technically underaged although it might not count if its his dad's store. Maybe not alone but he could help out with customers or stock and clean up.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It is odd that they were audited and didn't know why. There usually is a reason but no they both were surprised. Jill seems like she would be on top of it. Also, why does Tim have that system? You'd think Jill would have taken over the system when they first married and kept all papers in folders and stuff. She flipped out when Tim does things differently like the episode when he has to do more around the house and doesn't follow her system but doesn't have one for taxes. The taxes would make more sense she knows Tim and how he is with important papers and stuff. If anything you'd think Jill would have a crazy organized system divided by different types of recites like dozens of different folders or boxes with paper neatly stacked and labeled.  

Yes, especially with 3 boys and Tim writing off expenses for the house, plus improvements over the years. They should have had a major system in place. Even with Jill's college, they could have written off things too. I know when the episode aired, Turbo Tax was just starting to come out in disk form. However, they go around having this half-assed system and act like: "We are being audited just for the hell of it. Um... why were they being audited?

6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The selling hardware store was on again the other night. When Jill asks how he's going to run a store Tim suggests Al and giving Marty a job. It stuck me when Tim mentions Marty he needs a job when his own wife doesn't have one and haven't worked in years but also when you own a business and looking or in need of someone to work its usually spouse, kids and various relatives get drafted. But Tim doesn't suggest nor does he ever draft Jill, Brad and Mark. Why couldn't Jill cover some hours during the day time? I know she hates the hardware store but did she really want them to lose all the money they put down for it? Or suggest Brad and Mark. I know Mark's technically underaged although it might not count if its his dad's store. Maybe not alone but he could help out with customers or stock and clean up.

Yes, I never thought of that, why couldn't she. Plus, she could have brought her homework with her and be able to work on the papers during quiet hours. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, readster said:

Yes, especially with 3 boys and Tim writing off expenses for the house, plus improvements over the years. They should have had a major system in place. Even with Jill's college, they could have written off things too. I know when the episode aired, Turbo Tax was just starting to come out in disk form. However, they go around having this half-assed system and act like: "We are being audited just for the hell of it. Um... why were they being audited?

Exactly it doesn't fit they wouldn't have a major system in place especially with Jill. She seems like she'd be on top of it. They also should have came up with a reason why they were being audited. It would have helped. Plus, it would have given them something to groan about while looking through the papers 'Why did we forget that?! or "How could you declare that?! They both still should have been upset and/or worried that they'll have to pay a huge amount, have to sell the house, etc. 

Yes, I never thought of that, why couldn't she. Plus, she could have brought her homework with her and be able to work on the papers during quiet hours. 

I never thought of either even though I've seen the episode so many times until the other night. But when Tim was thinking of who could work at the store it made me think of my family and friends who had businesses and who did they draft either to get the business of the ground or when they needed employee or someone called in? The spouse and kids. My dad and his siblings had to fill in or be employee all during their teen years. Before that it was help cleaning up or stocking shelves. I got drafted into helping my mom when she had her travel agency. It was funny to me that Tim didn't name Jill or his kids. Jill could have worked days and yes easily worked on her papers during the quiet hours. Brad and Mark could have worked after school and weekends. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Exactly it doesn't fit they wouldn't have a major system in place especially with Jill. She seems like she'd be on top of it. They also should have came up with a reason why they were being audited. It would have helped. Plus, it would have given them something to groan about while looking through the papers 'Why did we forget that?! or "How could you declare that?! They both still should have been upset and/or worried that they'll have to pay a huge amount, have to sell the house, etc. 

Yes, there was no viable reason why they were getting audited. I'm sorry, the IRS just doesn't audit you for the hell of it. Jill up to that point hadn't worked in 5 years, Brad was the only one of the boys who had a job and would have to file taxes for that. Tim was still buying things for improvements on the house or Binford was giving Tim and even Al free stuff all the time. They didn't even own the rental property yet and they were paying for Jill's schooling out of pocket. So, umm.. why would they be auditing the Taylor Family? 

I never thought of either even though I've seen the episode so many times until the other night. But when Tim was thinking of who could work at the store it made me think of my family and friends who had businesses and who did they draft either to get the business of the ground or when they needed employee or someone called in? The spouse and kids. My dad and his siblings had to fill in or be employee all during their teen years. Before that it was help cleaning up or stocking shelves. I got drafted into helping my mom when she had her travel agency. It was funny to me that Tim didn't name Jill or his kids. Jill could have worked days and yes easily worked on her papers during the quiet hours. Brad and Mark could have worked after school and weekends. 

Sadly, we put more thought into this than the writers did 20 years ago. 

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, readster said:

Yes, there was no viable reason why they were getting audited. I'm sorry, the IRS just doesn't audit you for the hell of it. Jill up to that point hadn't worked in 5 years, Brad was the only one of the boys who had a job and would have to file taxes for that. Tim was still buying things for improvements on the house or Binford was giving Tim and even Al free stuff all the time. They didn't even own the rental property yet and they were paying for Jill's schooling out of pocket. So, umm.. why would they be auditing the Taylor Family? 

Sadly, we put more thought into this than the writers did 20 years ago. 

There really wasn't. The only thing I can think of would be if Jill didn't declare income from season one when she was working very sporadically. Maybe she forgot a day or something. But still it doesn't seem like her.

One thing I do love about the show is throughout the house and backyard there are signs of woodwork. From Brad and Randy's built in beds that also included a desk, the wooden playset, the built in china cabinet. It really fits with a house where someone who lives on tools live. Later of course they get the addons. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

There really wasn't. The only thing I can think of would be if Jill didn't declare income from season one when she was working very sporadically. Maybe she forgot a day or something. But still it doesn't seem like her.

One thing I do love about the show is throughout the house and backyard there are signs of woodwork. From Brad and Randy's built in beds that also included a desk, the wooden playset, the built in china cabinet. It really fits with a house where someone who lives on tools live. Later of course they get the addons. 

Oh yes, the Taylors were a very blue collar family. Even with Tool Time, Tim and Al never crossed over to White Collar. 

• Love 1

Seeing both the Habitat for Humanity and Anniversary Tool Time Show. You think that Tim was dyslexic at times. Everyone saying: "Tim gave me the wrong directions." These famous guys who came on the show weren't notified where and when this was happen? They didn't talk to an HR or PR person? They act like Tim did everything when it came to Tool Time and yet, Tim was not an executive producer or anything. So, really, Tim wouldn't be in charge or anything. Yet, it seems that both Tim and Al decided on what the show was about as the show went on, they all acted like it was the producers, John Binford, Bud or someone else who decided what Tim and Al were allowed to do with Tool Time. For a series that was about a fictional TV show and mocking home improvement TV series at the time. The writers acted like they never could decide what they wanted to do. Was Tim the star of a show and got to do what he wanted? Or was he TOLD what he had to do? Never made sense and at times, Tim could build things great and the other time he couldn't tell his right from his left. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, readster said:

Seeing both the Habitat for Humanity and Anniversary Tool Time Show. You think that Tim was dyslexic at times. Everyone saying: "Tim gave me the wrong directions." These famous guys who came on the show weren't notified where and when this was happen? They didn't talk to an HR or PR person? They act like Tim did everything when it came to Tool Time and yet, Tim was not an executive producer or anything. So, really, Tim wouldn't be in charge or anything. Yet, it seems that both Tim and Al decided on what the show was about as the show went on, they all acted like it was the producers, John Binford, Bud or someone else who decided what Tim and Al were allowed to do with Tool Time. For a series that was about a fictional TV show and mocking home improvement TV series at the time. The writers acted like they never could decide what they wanted to do. Was Tim the star of a show and got to do what he wanted? Or was he TOLD what he had to do? Never made sense and at times, Tim could build things great and the other time he couldn't tell his right from his left. 

Yeah they did that a lot. There were so many times that Al would make a remark about his pay, insurance or something and then look at Tim as if he was the boss and made those decisions. Then there were many other times that it was clear Tim wasn't the boss. John Binford, Maureen, the executive who wouldn't okay Indy for the Fifth Anniversary and Bud were the ones actually in charge and Tim was just an employee. If Tim wasn't the boss he'd be the first point that out every time Al made a remark like that and if he was the boss he'd definitely use it to lord over Al and Heidi. Which he sort of did always reminding them who the star of the show. But that doesn't mean really mean he's the Boss. Which was it?  The directions make no sense someone from Binford or the show would have faxed directions to each celebrity and made sure they knew how to get there. That really isn't Tim's responsibility to make sure the guest stars show up. That would be well who ever person's job that is. Like the person in the episode in the Swedes who we never see again was suppose to book Andretti and doesn't and then doesn't tell Tim. Of course he was most likely fired after that, although how he managed to get the job in the first place is a big question. 

9 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I love that his mom still wanted him to take the postal exam. It makes sense that ABC did that acting and being a comedian are two different things. Its not always easy to make the transition from comedian to actor. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's great thanks! Doesn't look like his wife had their 4th baby and 1st son yet. Every time I think of Zachery with his 3 daughters its fun to image Brad growing up and ending up 3 girls. 

No problem! I found it in an article which made me want to post it in here.

• Love 1

I just noticed watching the 5 season starting and Brad got detention TWICE the first and second day of school. Even when Mark asks him what it was like, and Brad saying how horrible it was being MADE to finish homework. Yet, he wouldn't tell Jill why he got detention. I never got the boys schools, they would have called home or sent letters on WHY they were getting detention, especially on the 1st DAY of school. Where, really even back in the mid 90s, detention wouldn't be until second week of school. Schools usually wait until the second or third week of school for detention. Usually because they don't have staff to run it or the fact that most teachers don't start work until the second or third day of school. To give Brad not even a couple hours in and then just have it be: "Well, Brad is being 14 with his nothing talk." Umm... if that would have been my kid, I have in the chair until he told me WHY he was there. I also found it odd that Randy could get in trouble or would tell Tim and Jill that he was bored and getting in trouble because of lack of challenge. However, Randy getting bullied and almost being hurt would never get reported or talked about by the school and you are really expected that for all of Mark's goth phase in middle school, not ONE teacher didn't go: "Hey, Mr and Mrs Taylor, what is going on with Mark?" While Jill was always freaked out and Tim was confused all the time. Plus, when it started, Mark was in 7th grade and it was the same middle school since they referenced Randy and Mark being there when Randy was finishing 8th grade. So, really no teacher didn't go: "What brought this on?" Oh, but watch a video of your mother bad mouthing her professor and that's "fine." 

Edited by readster
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, readster said:

I just noticed watching the 5 season starting and Brad got detention TWICE the first and second day of school. Even when Mark asks him what it was like, and Brad saying how horrible it was being MADE to finish homework. Yet, he wouldn't tell Jill why he got detention. I never got the boys schools, they would have called home or sent letters on WHY they were getting detention, especially on the 1st DAY of school. Where, really even back in the mid 90s, detention wouldn't be until second week of school. Schools usually wait until the second or third week of school for detention. Usually because they don't have staff to run it or the fact that most teachers don't start work until the second or third day of school. To give Brad not even a couple hours in and then just have it be: "Well, Brad is being 14 with his nothing talk." Umm... if that would have been my kid, I have in the chair until he told me WHY he was there. I also found it odd that Randy could get in trouble or would tell Tim and Jill that he was bored and getting in trouble because of lack of challenge. However, Randy getting bullied never happened and you are really expected that for all of Mark's goth phase in middle school, not ONE teacher didn't go: "Hey, Mr and Mrs Taylor, what is going on with Mark?" While Jill was always freaked out and Tim was confused all the time. Plus, when it started, Mark was in 7th grade and it was the same middle school since they referenced Randy and Mark being there when Randy was finishing 8th grade. So, really no teacher didn't go: "What brought this on?" Oh, but watch a video of your mother bad mouthing her professor and that's "fine." 

When Brad got detention, he really should've told his parents first.

• Love 2
Just now, MikaelaArsenault said:

Right and all he did was: "Nothing" and then later when Mark was talking to him, Brad didn't even try to explain what he did, just how horrible it was to be in there. The problem is, even when you have "non involved" parents or ones that are: "Well, whatever, high school only matters as long as you pass." Parents do get to a point where they are tired of always being called by the school or hearing that they must once again, drop their kid off for Saturday school or something. They get tired of it. I'm surprise there was never an episode where Brad didn't get a FULL talk on how tired of they were he got detention in the series. Because up until his rapid talk girlfriend came up later in season 5. He was in detention a lot and then he no longer was in trouble outside the car accident and smoking pot in seasons 6-7. It was like: "We are tired of Brad going to detention too, let's get him a girlfriend and a life." Yet, never explained WHY Brad got detention. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, readster said:

Right and all he did was: "Nothing" and then later when Mark was talking to him, Brad didn't even try to explain what he did, just how horrible it was to be in there. The problem is, even when you have "non involved" parents or ones that are: "Well, whatever, high school only matters as long as you pass." Parents do get to a point where they are tired of always being called by the school or hearing that they must once again, drop their kid off for Saturday school or something. They get tired of it. I'm surprise there was never an episode where Brad didn't get a FULL talk on how tired of they were he got detention in the series. Because up until his rapid talk girlfriend came up later in season 5. He was in detention a lot and then he no longer was in trouble outside the car accident and smoking pot in seasons 6-7. It was like: "We are tired of Brad going to detention too, let's get him a girlfriend and a life." Yet, never explained WHY Brad got detention. 

He still should have told Mark what really happened.

Edited by MikaelaArsenault
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, readster said:

I just noticed watching the 5 season starting and Brad got detention TWICE the first and second day of school. Even when Mark asks him what it was like, and Brad saying how horrible it was being MADE to finish homework. Yet, he wouldn't tell Jill why he got detention. I never got the boys schools, they would have called home or sent letters on WHY they were getting detention, especially on the 1st DAY of school. Where, really even back in the mid 90s, detention wouldn't be until second week of school. Schools usually wait until the second or third week of school for detention. Usually because they don't have staff to run it or the fact that most teachers don't start work until the second or third day of school. To give Brad not even a couple hours in and then just have it be: "Well, Brad is being 14 with his nothing talk." Umm... if that would have been my kid, I have in the chair until he told me WHY he was there. I also found it odd that Randy could get in trouble or would tell Tim and Jill that he was bored and getting in trouble because of lack of challenge. However, Randy getting bullied and almost being hurt would never get reported or talked about by the school and you are really expected that for all of Mark's goth phase in middle school, not ONE teacher didn't go: "Hey, Mr and Mrs Taylor, what is going on with Mark?" While Jill was always freaked out and Tim was confused all the time. Plus, when it started, Mark was in 7th grade and it was the same middle school since they referenced Randy and Mark being there when Randy was finishing 8th grade. So, really no teacher didn't go: "What brought this on?" Oh, but watch a video of your mother bad mouthing her professor and that's "fine." 

Are you happening to be watching it on Laff?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, readster said:

I just noticed watching the 5 season starting and Brad got detention TWICE the first and second day of school. Even when Mark asks him what it was like, and Brad saying how horrible it was being MADE to finish homework. Yet, he wouldn't tell Jill why he got detention. I never got the boys schools, they would have called home or sent letters on WHY they were getting detention, especially on the 1st DAY of school. Where, really even back in the mid 90s, detention wouldn't be until second week of school. Schools usually wait until the second or third week of school for detention. Usually because they don't have staff to run it or the fact that most teachers don't start work until the second or third day of school. To give Brad not even a couple hours in and then just have it be: "Well, Brad is being 14 with his nothing talk." Umm... if that would have been my kid, I have in the chair until he told me WHY he was there. I also found it odd that Randy could get in trouble or would tell Tim and Jill that he was bored and getting in trouble because of lack of challenge. 

Yeah, they would have sent letters and called. Although if Brad knew the system he'd sign the letters and answer the phone when the call came it (at my school it was always the afternoon by four my sister-in-law used to get them all the time because there was a student with her name that kept getting in trouble and the staff always mixed them up and called her parents instead). The latter makes no sense given that Jill or Tim easily could have been home and the former schools get suspicious when their getting signed letters and haven't heard from the parents. Especially if their like Jill and Tim who most likely would have heard from them. 

However, Randy getting bullied and almost being hurt would never get reported or talked about by the school and you are really expected that for all of Mark's goth phase in middle school, not ONE teacher didn't go: "Hey, Mr and Mrs Taylor, what is going on with Mark?" While Jill was always freaked out and Tim was confused all the time. Plus, when it started, Mark was in 7th grade and it was the same middle school since they referenced Randy and Mark being there when Randy was finishing 8th grade. So, really no teacher didn't go: "What brought this on?" Oh, but watch a video of your mother bad mouthing her professor and that's "fine." 

That is really odd especially in the 90s when lawsuits and school shootings were on the rise. Mark would have been hauled into the principal or guidance counselor's office to make sure everything was okay. Although why his parents didn't do that either I don't know. Nothing wrong with being goth (I had goth friends) but parents usually check in when their teen suddenly changes everything so drastically. Given Jill thinks she's world's greatest therapist its surprising she waited so long before sitting Mark down and talking to him. Same with Tim, I know his style was usually let things go but he usually checked in when there's a big sudden change or that Jill would have suggested he talk to him thinking Mark might feel better opening up to a man. Randy's case you'd think they'd be worried about being sued for not doing anything. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I agree he really should have. 

1 hour ago, readster said:

I always thought they were going to come back to that or there was going to be a big reveal when Brad says what happened given how he wouldn't talked to anyone not even Mark and that he wasn't bragging about it like his other trouble in school. But they never did. I do get parents get to that point when their tired of being called to the school like Mike and Frankie on the Middle (one early episode their arguing back and forth on the phone who gets to go down this time by listening off all the reasons they each had already went for Mike ends up having to go). But Jill and Tim never came of that way. Jill wastes no time going down to talk to Randy's teacher. If they were tired of it then why not ground Brad? Or take stuff away.  

19 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Knew it. Wish I could watch the show on UP TV again, but unfortunately got dropped a few months ago.

I'm really sorry. That just sucks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree he really should have. 

I always thought they were going to come back to that or there was going to be a big reveal when Brad says what happened given how he wouldn't talked to anyone not even Mark and that he wasn't bragging about it like his other trouble in school. But they never did. I do get parents get to that point when their tired of being called to the school like Mike and Frankie on the Middle (one early episode their arguing back and forth on the phone who gets to go down this time by listening off all the reasons they each had already went for Mike ends up having to go). But Jill and Tim never came of that way. Jill wastes no time going down to talk to Randy's teacher. If they were tired of it then why not ground Brad? Or take stuff away.  

Right because even though it became a joke on The Middle, Frankie and Mike would either tell Brick: "Would you stop doing this crap or think things first." To where they even called the school on things going: "Umm... this is way over the top and you know it, how about you TALK with your staff on things." Yet, with Brad, it was all glossed over, with the worst was when Brad got caught by the police throwing bricks at an abounded green house. Where that episode was handled great by everyone involved. However, Brad's things on the first few episodes of detention were never resolved and given that not even 10 episodes later, Jill would really start her over board parenting and jumping to conclusions. They glossed over Brad's problems or acted like the school had to handle Randy's issues and at times blamed Randy for getting himself in his situations. Instead of: "Excuse me, but what the hell is wrong with your school ignoring bullying and letting students get embarrassed from stuff other teachers know is wrong?" They repeated it with Mark by having the middle school gloss over things like sudden personality changes, things that parents wouldn't want going public and even never calling things in. I think by that time, the writers wanted to try "new things" but turned them really unrealistic. Same with on The Middle with how Brick had his quirks and staff acted like he was acting out when the principal or guidance consolors knew Brick's previous issues. Yet, never shared that or the fact the schools didn't create a 504 or IEP plan when the writers excuse for these plot holes were: "Well, then Brick get's stereotyped." Of course just like why people always forgot who Sue was. The writers/producers excuse was: "It's funny." No, it was the first season, after that you wanted these people to looked at my doctor to see if they had dementia or short term memory problems. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, readster said:

Right because even though it became a joke on The Middle, Frankie and Mike would either tell Brick: "Would you stop doing this crap or think things first." To where they even called the school on things going: "Umm... this is way over the top and you know it, how about you TALK with your staff on things." Yet, with Brad, it was all glossed over, with the worst was when Brad got caught by the police throwing bricks at an abounded green house. Where that episode was handled great by everyone involved. However, Brad's things on the first few episodes of detention were never resolved and given that not even 10 episodes later, Jill would really start her over board parenting and jumping to conclusions. They glossed over Brad's problems or acted like the school had to handle Randy's issues and at times blamed Randy for getting himself in his situations. Instead of: "Excuse me, but what the hell is wrong with your school ignoring bullying and letting students get embarrassed from stuff other teachers know is wrong?" They repeated it with Mark by having the middle school gloss over things like sudden personality changes, things that parents wouldn't want going public and even never calling things in. I think by that time, the writers wanted to try "new things" but turned them really unrealistic. 

Yeah, its weird for Brad to suddenly start getting detention a lot and his parents' don't stop and check into see if something is wrong. Even when it comes after Brad's brought home by the police. You'd think that they would just to make sure its typical kid stuff or if its something more. Its still weird that they never really explained why. Why go to the trouble of making sure Brad doesn't tell anyone without ever finding out what the reason is. Same with Mark. Your son suddenly drastically changes everything about himself. Why wouldn't you check in with him to make sure he's okay? That its just him testing out another personality or seeing if its something more. A lot people went into Goth they simply liked it but others there were reasons. I knew both cases. Some who loved the black clothes and music. Others had reasons problems at home or looking for a place to fit in which seemed to fit Mark. He didn't really have a direction or friends. But you'd think Tim and Jill would want to make sure. Instead of waiting until the Halloween episode when Jill insanely thinks Mark wants to kill them when they finally talk to Mark.

Same with on The Middle with how Brick had his quirks and staff acted like he was acting out when the principal or guidance consolors knew Brick's previous issues. Yet, never shared that or the fact the schools didn't create a 504 or IEP plan when the writers excuse for these plot holes were: "Well, then Brick get's stereotyped." Of course just like why people always forgot who Sue was. The writers/producers excuse was: "It's funny." No, it was the first season, after that you wanted these people to looked at my doctor to see if they had dementia or short term memory problems

. That drove me crazy on that show that they never seemed to share information. I find it hard to believe that the guidance counselors wouldn't talk to teachers about students that have learning problems, delays, etc. so the teacher is aware and can figure out how to deal with those students. Also, its unlikely that teachers wouldn't talk to each other about their students every teacher in elementary school should know about Brick. He's done way too many weird things for it not to get around. Sue's annoyed me for the same reason one they make it clear Orson is a small town so its pretty much the same kids together year after year. Small towns everyone knows everyone. In school everyone knows everyone they might not like each other or think other kids are lame or whatever but they know each other. There's no way other students wouldn't know about Sue from that or from the many Sue moments. 

• Love 1

I will say at times they seemed to forget Brad's and Randy's ages. Around season four when Tim splits them up it seems like they are in different schools. Brad being in junior high, having friends and girlfriends which keep him too busy to hang out with Randy like they used to. But a couple episodes later Brad and Ashley are trying to set up Randy and Beth, with Ashley and Brad knowing she likes Randy. How would they know that? Isn't Randy still in elementary school? Then in the episode where Randy takes high school classes he's suddenly two years behind Brad. But they end up getting their drivers licenses a year a part. In the season three episode when Randy's being a jerk to Tim, Tim says he's twelve going on thirteen. That should put him in middle school.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I will say at times they seemed to forget Brad's and Randy's ages. Around season four when Tim splits them up it seems like they are in different schools. Brad being in junior high, having friends and girlfriends which keep him too busy to hang out with Randy like they used to. But a couple episodes later Brad and Ashley are trying to set up Randy and Beth, with Ashley and Brad knowing she likes Randy. How would they know that? Isn't Randy still in elementary school? Then in the episode where Randy takes high school classes he's suddenly two years behind Brad. But they end up getting their drivers licenses a year a part. In the season three episode when Randy's being a jerk to Tim, Tim says he's twelve going on thirteen. That should put him in middle school.

Yeah, they had it where it was either Randy a year behind or two years behind Brad. Then all of a sudden it was: "Let's just make them a year apart and Mark was the surprise." Which they hammered in our heads when Jill was: "We can't have another kid, our lives will be over!" Of course in real life JTT was 7 months older than Zach, but of course JTT was pretty short and why they did that later on. Mark seemed to stay consistent in age and schooling. When the show ended after 8 seasons, Mark had just turned 6 by the end of the first season. When in real life, Noah was a year older than his character in real life. Of course it was just like with Al and his mother, you have it where Al is upset that everyone makes fun of his mother and is at her beckon call. Then starting in season 5, Al goes back and forth between that and: "Why won't she let me have my own life?" Mode when he's with Ilene and later Trudy. Yet, will then jump on Tim or anyone who DARES to make fun of her or point out how controlling she is, even Wilson.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I love how Wilson shows up in the most random places.

DD44852-E-D561-485-C-85-E9-586-A86-E1-C7

The diner, the camping trip gone wrong and the retirement home were some of the biggest surprise places that Wilson showed up at. However, I have to admit, the way they tried to keep his face hidden over the years (except for the original season 1 intro and Beach Boys episode) were well written and placed. Even Earl Hindeman admitted he was impressed a lot of times with the staging.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, readster said:

The diner, the camping trip gone wrong and the retirement home were some of the biggest surprise places that Wilson showed up at. However, I have to admit, the way they tried to keep his face hidden over the years (except for the original season 1 intro and Beach Boys episode) were well written and placed. Even Earl Hindeman admitted he was impressed a lot of times with the staging.

He also showed up behind the wine in

one episode that involved Randy going out.

21 hours ago, readster said:

Yeah, they had it where it was either Randy a year behind or two years behind Brad. Then all of a sudden it was: "Let's just make them a year apart and Mark was the surprise." Which they hammered in our heads when Jill was: "We can't have another kid, our lives will be over!" Of course in real life JTT was 7 months older than Zach, but of course JTT was pretty short and why they did that later on. Mark seemed to stay consistent in age and schooling. When the show ended after 8 seasons, Mark had just turned 6 by the end of the first season. When in real life, Noah was a year older than his character in real life. 

Yeah, its kind of funny. Most shows that have three kids there's the high school, middle school and elementary or younger for the third kid for stories for the different ages. When they moved Randy's age to a year young it seemed like they were trying to put him and Brad in school together for storylines. Which would make sense. To siblings now going to the same school together or to bring back the early years when Brad and Randy were really close. But that didn't really happened. We had the first episode with Randy at Brad's high school and the school newspaper and that was really it. They didn't end up hanging out together or anything. So it really ended up being pointless. Mark was pretty consistent being about four years younger then Randy. They didn't really take advantage of it either during the year or two that Mark and Randy shared a room either.

Of course it was just like with Al and his mother, you have it where Al is upset that everyone makes fun of his mother and is at her beckon call. Then starting in season 5, Al goes back and forth between that and: "Why won't she let me have my own life?" Mode when he's with Ilene and later Trudy. Yet, will then jump on Tim or anyone who DARES to make fun of her or point out how controlling she is, even Wilson.

Yeah, that was annoying the back and forth. His mother was controlling but he got mad at anyone pointing that out to him. Even in that Christmas episode how awful is it to listen to a grown man in his late thirties droning on and on about what to do for new years. All Iliene wants is to spend time alone with him which they thought they were going to have until his mother changed her plans. But he keeps acting like Iiene is being unreasonable. What's unreasonable about that? That was their plan. No matter who he marries he needs to be able put her first. Then telling Tim he doesn't understand. Even though they both lost their fathers young, they both take care of their mothers the only difference is Tim still gets to have a life and family, and so does his mother. She has a full life of friends and traveling. Later ends up dating. Lucille picked her life and moved on maybe because she had to and that helped her to remind busy after her sons were all grown where there's zero signs that Alma did that. I do wish we had gotten to see Al finally stand up to his mother. But it was ridiculous watching him jump every time his mother said something and yet get mad at others for making fun of her or pointing that out to him. Didn't he ever want her to back off? His way of dealing with her seemed to be giving into her on everything and then taking it out on everyone. Instead of blaming his mother for New Years he blames Iliene and even considers breaking up with her. That's messed up.

15 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I love how Wilson shows up in the most random places.

DD44852-E-D561-485-C-85-E9-586-A86-E1-C7

5 hours ago, readster said:

Me too. It was funny at times. For someone who seemed to always stay at his backyard he randomly ends up at the diner that Tim and Al are at. At the retirement home, the hospital, and restaurant. Hiding his face behind the big stack of magazines, the coffee cup which didn't work too well. The diner is kind of interest when you think of it. For once Tim seeks out Al for advice when he was having a problem with his mother. Al of course thinks its a set up and flips out. The funny thing is that's the restaurant that just for the episode is the vegetarian restaurant Lucille and the boys lie about going instead of their ice cream breakfast to although Jill knew. It would have funny if she didn't and Tim mentions being there but not seeing his mother or the boys busting them. All the other episodes of the diner its just a typical diner. Also, interesting is Al actually asks Wilson if he could talk to him sometime about his mother. Wilson just makes a joke. But really Wilson maybe you should have. 

32 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

He also showed up behind the wine in

one episode that involved Randy going out.

Yeah, that was his first date with Lauren that kept going worse and worse because he was so nervous. Its also the one where Randy gets annoyed with the rude waiter and calls him on it. Only to learn at least that night the rude waiter is stressed out because of the wine club which is Wilson. Its funny to think that Wilson of all people could stress anyone out.

• Love 2