Type keyword(s) to search

Hoarders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Two hours is too long for one person.  They should have figured that out after the first two hour show with that nasty woman.

Tuning in and seeing a bunch of active service members helping because this hoarder is a vet?  Both my husband and I are vets and we are always sceptical. 

Shame they ruined the format.  

• Love 3

The hoarders from last week have been fighting the city for many years, so I'm betting it's looked that bad for years. and the daughter said she always remembers the house almost that bad.     The adult stepson (or who ever he was) said he hadn't been in Andy and Becky's house for over 10 years, and it was always bad, but now it was much worse.  

This weeks man (Dale, I think) is stunningly deluded.    Does he have a death wish?    There is no way he will survive another winter in that cruddy trailer.     1:20 in, and the aerial shot looks almost as bad, unless they're recycling the overhead shots.  

• Love 1

No, he hoarded the entire house out, both floors, the garage and outbuildings, and so badly the ceiling joists cracked.     Then he was living in the trailer.     Now he'll move into the house behind the house, and it's structurally sound, and I hope has enough updates to be safe and secure for him, and that adorable little dog.     Fortunately, they cleared some of the original house, because the second house doesn't have proper heat, and other utilities, so he moved back for the winter.     I'm afraid he'll never get the back house fixed, and move there.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Hoarders was always one of my guilty pleasure tv shows and I was thrilled when it returned last week. But gotta say - these 2 episodes have been beyond boring. Maybe it’s the 2 hour format, but it just drags on and on.

I may have to find a new guilty pleasure! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

First bolded part: *****THIS***** times a thousand. Why the Hell haven't their neighbors sued the shit out of the city!? Can they? These idiots have created all kinds of hazards -- cockroaches, rats, a massive fire, etc. -- not only for their neighbors but for the first responders who would literally have to risk their lives in case of a medical situation or a fire. Exactly how long has the city been pussy-footing around with these two? If I lived near them and paid taxes, I would be livid! At least after reading your post I know that I am not the only one who has no sympathy for this creepy couple.

When some of the neighbors let her hid things in their yards, I wondered if this was some survivalist stronghold.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, auntjess said:

When some of the neighbors let her hid things in their yards, I wondered if this was some survivalist stronghold.

Thanks auntjess. I kept wondering what the Hell type of neighbors are these?  All I could come up with were crack houses, meth labs, whore houses with a couple of chop shops for stolen cars. When I saw her heaving bags of stuff the therapist said was covered in rodent shit and probably had the Hanta Virus I got completely skeeved! I wanted to shake her silly especially when told that she could get sick from that trash she snarled something like "I'm not planning on getting sick" or some such ridiculous bullshit. Totally BSC and a PITA. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I kept wondering what the Hell type of neighbors are these?  All I could come up with were crack houses, meth labs, whore houses with a couple of chop shops for stolen cars. 

Or neighbors who would let her throw whatever she wants over and then smuggle it out to the dump out the other gate before she comes back for it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Two hours is too long for one person.  They should have figured that out after the first two hour show with that nasty woman.

Tuning in and seeing a bunch of active service members helping because this hoarder is a vet?  Both my husband and I are vets and we are always sceptical. 

I don't know how they went from two hoarders in one hour to thinking one hoarder over two hours would work. I can see two hoarders in a two hour episode.

• Love 3
On 3/5/2019 at 9:12 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I feel so sorry for the daughter, who never had a chance, and the neighbors.   Can you imagine having to fight off rats on your own patio, and the neighbors claim they don't have a rat problem?     That house is a tear down, and it will have to go to the haz-mat dump.        The son is doing the right thing, and as usual, the shrink and organizer are getting in the way of cleaning the place up.       Becky certainly had a rough life, but she certainly treated her own child like garbage, and her animals too.   

I think Becky left to delay the clean up, and never intends to clean out anything.  She's in control of this, and she's not giving up.     I hope they get jail time for the animal abuse, and they should be in jail for what they did to their own child.   So she went to the daughter, Amanda.           I think Andy went along with Becky, and she is the major hoarder.  

So they don't have cell phones?  Yes, they do.   And Becky has a Facebook page, claiming elder abuse by Marysville.  

I can't believe that the neighbors are stupid enough to let Becky store her stuff on their property.    If I lived near these people and found their junk on my property, then I would be calling the police.    I hope the neighbors who are 'helping' by letting her store that trash on their property are just as happy to store it in the coming years, because the piles will only grow.  

Apparently, Becky went to Amanda's (the daughter), who moved out.  

These people will never move, and will never clean out, they just want to get enough stuff moved to delay the city for more time.    It drives me bonkers, that when the hoarders say get rid of everything, then the organizers stop them.       How do these people afford the multiple vehicles, and all of the stuff?     

Is Dr. Tompkins (or whatever his name is) whacky too?    This is not a love story, it's a story of two people who have abused the neighborhood, their own daughter, animals, and are as anti-social as you can get.  

They gave the dogs back?   To people who caged them 24/7!   I'm outraged. 

So the rest of the junk is gone, 160 tons hauled away by the show, and 60 more tons by the family.   I bet within two years it will be just as bad.   

those poor dogs. they never should have gotten them back. that couple is vile and insane. she tweeted trump to help her! not going to get political but let that sink in. the daughter needs therapy and dental work. she was neglected and had no chance with those two losers. the losers need to be moved into a home. really bad taste to mention the daughter was born into the toilet. the poor girl has enough problems. now the world knows she was born in , literally, a shit hole.  it's too bad that sometimes these lunatics have too much freedom on their sides. if i were the neighbors , there is no way i would have helped clean up. i would have said a novena that the city take away their property. you know it's going to go back the way it was. imagine living next to those pieces of shit?!

the therapist was boring. the clutter organizer woman was absolutely terrible at her job. i hope they find someone new. can't blame the daughter in law for saying she didn't like her! 

and why are the majority of these hoarders filthy pigs? we have seen the occasional home where it is stuffed with stuff, sometimes good stuff! but the kitchen and bath is usable. there are no feces, flies, rats, diseases waiting to happen. i don't have a lot of sympathy. these people should not be making life miserable for their neighbors.  

and btw, these two lowlifes had pretty nice vehicles didn't they? 

Edited by msrachelj
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I don't know how they went from two hoarders in one hour to thinking one hoarder over two hours would work. I can see two hoarders in a two hour episode.

The thinking is probably along the lines of "paying one set of experts and cleaners for twice the episode length" while being able to promote it as going "in depth" with the hoarder in question. So on paper they pay a quarter the amount for the same number of episodes. 

I really hope if they keep going, they go back to the 2 hoarders per episode, even if the ep stays at 2 hours. The variety and contrasts between the two hoarding styles is more interesting than the marathon following of a single hoarder household. There's only so many times you can pad an episode with the same drone shot of the local dump (sorry, Hoarder household). 

• Love 8

Yet another yawnfest!  But once again, I was more concerned with the neighbors.   The surrounding areas were gorgeous and the road out front was clearly paved and well maintained.

Can you imagine building a dream home in beautiful Alaska and having that landfill close by?   

Also, old equipment and vehicles leach all kinds of nasty fluids into the soil/water table.   Seems like the EPA would have been involved already.

• Love 4
On 3/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, Claire85 said:

Hanta virus?!? JFC. Burn it all down. 

well, really there was no way he could tell there was hanta virus there.  mouse and rat shit but was it infected? you can't tell by looking at it.

Edited by msrachelj
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2019 at 5:58 PM, theajw said:

Sometimes this show should be retitled Disgusting Slobs.  Part of me wants to be like Dr. Tompkins and welcome the happy ending, but the cynic in me doesn't buy the complete 180 of the Otter family.  

agree. there's keeping lots of stuff and there's keeping bags of shit, cooking in the bathroom, being a disgusting pig (sorry actual pigs, you are cleaner) . and i did not buy the 180 either. seemed staged. bull shit that they are going to keep the place clean. i really wish they did follow up shows. 

• Love 6

I liked Dale. He seemed like a decent guy compared to the rest of the belligerent goons often featured on the show. That being said, he has no intention of ever cleaning up anything—that job is going to be left to his son after Dale dies. Good luck to you, Dale's son! 

I'm not sure I understood the point of them moving him into the house on the hill if it had no utilities and, likely, no chance of it ever having any since that would require a decent outlay of cash from Dale for getting it installed in there. 

They also could have subtitled this show, "Hoarders: A Tribute to the Troops." While I appreciate the Army guys came to help, the praise became something over the top at some point. 

12 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I disagree.  I like the longer format and focus on one case.  They can show more of the family dynamics and the events during the clean up period.

The main house in the Alaska episode is just going to have to be torn down.  It will be cheaper to rebuild than to renovate a house that's essentially come apart at the seams.

• Love 6

From what I've read, and what I've heard on this show, virtually all of the hoarders have had cleanups in the past.     Hoarding simply isn't curable, because hoarders think they're right, and everyone else is picking on them, and trying to steal their valuable stuff.        They did a few followups on both hoarder shows, and the results weren't good.     The real way to clean up a hoard is for the person to move out or die, and then the place gets cleaned up.  

Last night, the closing updates said that the engineer that was supposed to help with the remodeling got sick, and that delayed the update of the house.   My guess is that unless someone fixes up the back house for the hoarder, that he'll never do it himself.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I am confused about the house on the hill not having utilities. Because it did have electric lights on while they were filming. And the bedroom they showed clearly had an electric register heater in it. Maybe it only has generator power? Still it shouldn't be that difficult to run a power line to a meter to that house I guess. 

If it didn't have water, that would be harder to get done, but it's slightly less important to have water than to have power/heat I suspect. 

But yeah, it seemed obvious that Dale's not going to change much. The words at the end did seem to imply he wasn't pulling in as much as before at least so the Hoard shouldn't be growing as much. But unless there's another forced cleanup or ten, it likely isn't going to decrease much either. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

I liked Dale. He seemed like a decent guy compared to the rest of the belligerent goons often featured on the show. That being said, he has no intention of ever cleaning up anything—that job is going to be left to his son after Dale dies. Good luck to you, Dale's son! 

I'm not sure I understood the point of them moving him into the house on the hill if it had no utilities and, likely, no chance of it ever having any since that would require a decent outlay of cash from Dale for getting it installed in there. 

They also could have subtitled this show, "Hoarders: A Tribute to the Troops." While I appreciate the Army guys came to help, the praise became something over the top at some point. 

I agree - I feel like those army men/women wasted their time because in the end he never got into the house on the hill and it is structurally damaged.   I sure as heck am not walking around on that second floor.  

And yes, the job of cleaning those cars out will  be left to Dale's one son and his wife.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Last night, the closing updates said that the engineer that was supposed to help with the remodeling got sick, and that delayed the update of the house.   My guess is that unless someone fixes up the back house for the hoarder, that he'll never do it himself.  

The structural engineer went beyond the analysis of what was wrong with the house.  I only hope that being there didn't make him sick.

1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

The words at the end did seem to imply he wasn't pulling in as much as before

And I said, calmly to the TV, don't let him get a pickup truck.  How do you think he brought all that crap home.  No more pickups.  Ever.  

The dude is/was 77.  They should have let him mark 20 vehicles to keep.  That would keep him busy til he was 97, not that with poorly regulated diabetes he'd last that long, but he had lost touch with time and mortality.

57 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I sure as heck am not walking around on that second floor.  

But at the end it said he moved back into the hoard house for winter because it had heat and running water.  That almost has to have been on the first floor and the first floor was totally under the disasterous second floor.  

How did that house survive the earthquakes that hit Alaska?  

The only positive I can get from this is those volunteers will never tolerate messy homes and yards.  They do have a story to tell. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

No, he hoarded the entire house out, both floors, the garage and outbuildings, and so badly the ceiling joists cracked.     Then he was living in the trailer.     Now he'll move into the house behind the house, and it's structurally sound, and I hope has enough updates to be safe and secure for him, and that adorable little dog.     Fortunately, they cleared some of the original house, because the second house doesn't have proper heat, and other utilities, so he moved back for the winter.     I'm afraid he'll never get the back house fixed, and move there.  

Thanks for the clarification CrazyInAlabama. I admit to being confused as to exactly where he was going to live. The show had two whole hours and yet chose to jam a bunch of information at the end with several screens that, at least for me, never stay up long enough for me to read/absorb what's being shown.

• Love 2
On 3/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, Oldcrone said:

Be still my heart, HOARDERS IS BACK!!!!  One of my very favorite moments is when  the Hoarder was screaming " But I had plans for that rock!"

That was the title of our Hoarders thread back on the Atlantic forum. Good times.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:47 AM, JudyObscure said:

[small voice] I liked it. 

I liked having two hours to really work with a family and see changes.  True, those changes may not last but the fact that they allowed Russ to take out 60 more tons and they're all going to therapy gives me hope for them.

Becky's back story was so awful I couldn't feel anything but sympathy for her after I heard that.  I thought Andy was the jerk of the world, until he backed down and admitted he had been wrong and then even he seemed like a human.

The best part for me was Russ.  When he said he was a recovering addict I understood why he looked so old for his age, and when he found the courage to confront his father for the first time ever and tell him he had to change, I was really proud of him.  Then his dad cried and told him he loved him (probably for the first time ever) and I wanted to hug Dr. Tall for being patient enough to make that happen.

Amanda (Amanda was the daughter) had me from the first with her sad story about growing up in the hoard and always feeling like she wasn't good enough because of her slight speech impediment. She was practically begging to be included in the therapy and if nothing else came out of all this but Amanda having a therapist to tell her she's a good, kind, complete person then it was all worth it to me.

The neighbors!  What amazing, forgiving people.  I noticed the nice blonde neighbor who had the rat problem showed up in blue boots (heh.)

I found the new organizer annoying, too. She kept trying to explain things to Becky and Andy in psychobabble they didn't understand and she seemed so sneering about the stuff right in front of the hoarders.  But after Russ's wife (Michelle?) threatened to push her in the street and told her she didn't like her about twenty times I started to feel bad for her and once she cried and Dr. Tall hugged her I started to like her, too.  I think she'll get better at it, but right now she's a long way from Dr Zasio.

Their new friendly relationship with the policeman makes me think they will be watched carefully concerning the dogs.  I'm sure they've had to promise animal control  never to use the crates again.

I went to bed with warm fuzzies, I must be getting old.

I liked it too. Give me the crazy. And a two hour show does give you more backstory and a closer look at the family dynamics.

What I don't understand is that Becky went missing! People were fanned out all over the neighborhood, searching for her! But she was at her daughter's house, one street over, the whole time? No one thought to call Amanda? WTF??

Poor Amanda, she seemed so lost. Socially inept, not too bright, badly in need of some basic dental care and who knows what else.

Erica, the new organizer, was trying a tough love approach but it wasn't the right technique. I was disappointed that she cried. Come on Erica! Butch up! Michelle was way out of line.

Becky was just a nasty old witch, and her husband was along for the ride. Their poor neighbors. What a nightmare. No wonder they pitched in. "Hey, cleanout at Andy and Becky's! Maybe we can get rid of the rats!". Though I questioned that some of the neighbors let Becky put her shit in their yards. What? They think they're being nice but they will live to regret, as Becky hoards up their yards as well as her own.

4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I liked Dale, and I liked his family too. It was nice to see someone who wasn't mean and spiteful and angry. He mostly seemed almost bewildered. His kids were nice too. I hope he can succeed, or at least make his home habitable.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

But at the end it said he moved back into the hoard house for winter because it had heat and running water.  That almost has to have been on the first floor and the first floor was totally under the disasterous second floor.  

I hear you - what I meant to say is I am not walking around helping to clear that hoard.  

12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It was nice to see someone who wasn't mean and spiteful and angry.

It was nice to see that although he got a bit snippy with his son in the junkyard.  The dude is 77?  How much longer can he work on 100 cars?  In Fairbanks? (Meaning it is only nice so many months of the year, probably July and August.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It was nice to see that although he got a bit snippy with his son in the junkyard.  The dude is 77?  How much longer can he work on 100 cars?  In Fairbanks? (Meaning it is only nice so many months of the year, probably July and August.

I think he's one of these people who believes stuff like that has value, and no one can convince them otherwise.  There have been other scrap/junk car people on the show who consider the hoard their retirement fund, and no amount of people telling them they're wrong will work.  He refused to listen to the auctioneer who told him that while it does have some scrap value, living in Alaska pretty much negates that because everything has to be barged to Washington.  Barge fees are $$$, and they only run certain months of the year (I have to deal with barge companies where I work).  Many people who do business in Alaska (and schools, etc) have accounts with barge companies that get them better rates, but it's still very costly, and would kill off any profit he might have.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

How much longer can he work on 100 cars? 

Yeah, well that's the thing. They all have big plans, for fixing up cars or doing craft projects or giving people gifts, but they don't do it. (Remember the woman whose house was filled with stupid shit she was going to give people? "that's a gift!" she'd squawk. Except she never actually got around to giving any gifts. Just piled them up in the house.) Dale's car hoard was so overwhelming that even if he got up bright and early, full of plans to go work on a car, how could he ever accomplish it? He'd need to find his tools, which are probably scattered everywhere or buried in the house, garage or yard. How would he move a car out to where he could work on it? Where would he put it? All he has are intentions. Reality's flown out the window.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I think he's one of these people who believes stuff like that has value, and no one can convince them otherwise. 

My former father in law (now passed) was like this although he was not a full blown hoarder he did think his six sheds full of scrap metal we worth something.  He had another she devoted to cardboard as well.  My former mother in law had a basement full of.....stuff that she thought was all gonna rake in the dough.  Sorry but not sorry no one wants your collection of McCall's magazines from 1973.  No one.  Now she has passed and praise Jesus I am no longer married to their youngest son as I will not have to clean out that house, lol.   Both my now grown sons are like, "Sorry, we have to work."   They need 1-800-GOT-JUNK....now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Taeolas said:

I am confused about the house on the hill not having utilities. Because it did have electric lights on while they were filming. And the bedroom they showed clearly had an electric register heater in it. Maybe it only has generator power? Still it shouldn't be that difficult to run a power line to a meter to that house I guess. 

If it didn't have water, that would be harder to get done, but it's slightly less important to have water than to have power/heat I suspect. 

But yeah, it seemed obvious that Dale's not going to change much. The words at the end did seem to imply he wasn't pulling in as much as before at least so the Hoard shouldn't be growing as much. But unless there's another forced cleanup or ten, it likely isn't going to decrease much either. 

Remember that nothing is easy when you live outside of Fairbanks AK.  They can get power run (or turned on) for a cost, but water is a major problem.  There's only city water piped to houses in a small area right in town.  Outside of that area, a house has to have a tank under the house that's heated.  If you try to run city water lines beyond the core of town, they freeze up in the winter.

I agree about Dale.  His behaviors are set after decades, but therapy could help him.   If he'll go.  Do you imagine him sitting down and sharing his feelings?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Remember that nothing is easy when you live outside of Fairbanks AK.  They can get power run (or turned on) for a cost, but water is a major problem.  There's only city water piped to houses in a small area right in town.  Outside of that area, a house has to have a tank under the house that's heated.  If you try to run city water lines beyond the core of town, they freeze up in the winter.

I agree about Dale.  His behaviors are set after decades, but therapy could help him.   If he'll go.  Do you imagine him sitting down and sharing his feelings?

In a word, no.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My guess is that Dale's health issues that he seems to ignore, will be the last of him someday, and it won't be too long.    Anyone who has a blood sugar of 400, and it's in the middle of the day scares me, and his attitude of being so cavalier about that level means that he really doesn't worry about his diabetes the way he should.        

• Love 3

I have to admit I really started crying at the end when all those soldiers were lined up that helped him and their commander said that old Dale was a solider in arms, man I LOST IT. That was a much better episode even though they didn't really get anything done. Tragic that his entire house was falling apart. Oh oh oh, so happy to see Dr. Z! Love her and Cory too. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, msrachelj said:

well, really there was no way he could tell there was hanta virus there.  mouse and rat shit but was it infected? you can't tell by looking at it.

They should err on the side of caution, though.
There was a hanta virus case on Hoarding: Buried Alive a few years back.

• Love 2

Initially, I thought Dale was going to be one of the angry, combative, butthole hoarders, but he was a pretty quiet, low-key, gentle guy and his family seemed to love him.

I liked him and even found myself tearing up when he did. He may be making slow progress, but getting into counseling and refraining from dragging home more stuff are both important steps. I hope he succeeds! I think having a community will be a good thing for him, as long as they don't overwhelm him.

I'd love to see a follow-up. 

• Love 6
On 3/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, fonfereksglen said:

I think there were way too many people there.  A lot of the time many of them were just standing around.  The bucket brigade was a hail mary pass.

It reminded me of old Chinese marital arts movies, when the hero is in a one-against-many axe fight.  If you take your eyes off the hero, you notice that all of the many who aren't currently fighting are just kind of swaying in the background swinging an axe above their heads.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:50 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

No, he hoarded the entire house out, both floors, the garage and outbuildings, and so badly the ceiling joists cracked.

To be fair, the joist didn't crack until they removed a bunch of stuff from the garage.  So it's kind of the clean-up crew's fault.

18 minutes ago, Midnightblue said:

And on a completely shallow note...did you see the pictures of Dale when he was young? WOW. What an extremely handsome man.

Aah, I couldn't get past my bias against mustaches with twirly ends.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that Dale's health issues that he seems to ignore, will be the last of him someday, and it won't be too long.    Anyone who has a blood sugar of 400, and it's in the middle of the day scares me, and his attitude of being so cavalier about that level means that he really doesn't worry about his diabetes the way he should.        

I was wondering where he was keeping his insulin, although that medical pack he had when he was testing his blood looked shockingly clean and well organized.  Someone must drop off a stocked bag for him regularly.

• Love 2
On 3/12/2019 at 9:09 PM, fonfereksglen said:

I like the new format.  It gives you time to actually learn what the issues are, rather than just gawking at snippets of crazy behavior.

While they were setting up to film this episode, Cory was asking on Facebook for suggestions for companies working in the Fairbanks area that did big clean outs.   They didn't find any and went with help from the Base instead.   Remember that Fairbanks is only a little more than 30,000 people and it's a long 350+ mile drive between there and Anchorage.  I've done the drive in about 6.5 hrs but with any kind of weather, you're in for a longer ride or maybe a delay in the trip unless you want to fly.   Fairbanks isn't like going to a town in a rural area in the 48 contiguous States.  You are literally in the middle of freakin nowhere (lovely scenery, though).

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

He reminds me so much of my late step-father-in-law, an army vet who was found dead in his stinky hoarded doublewide, and had been dead for a few days (I won't go in to his daughter, who was SUPPOSED to be keeping an eye on him - she lived next door, while we lived several hours away).  In his last few years, his blood sugar was always sky high.  Stress can drive it up - I deal with that.  And living in filthy conditions can't help.  My late SFIL always said his meter said "Hi" to him.  No, that means that your blood sugar is above the limit the meter can read.  He was supposed to start dialysis, but died first.

• Love 1

I miss Matt.   It’s strange but the episodes he is on regardless of how awful the people are are all the better for it.  

And yes there are the occasional goodish families that you do kinda root for.  I don’t remember their names but a young couple with kids who you feel maybe shit just got out of hand and they were less hoarders and more cluttered.  There was the grandma with the addict daughter but mostly the son who knew things were out of control but was terrified of going into the system.  Oh and the young guy with other mental issues and a alcoholic father who couldn’t pick up his dogs dropped fur.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

Ugh, an hour and half is too long. But at least Dale was likable unlike last week's horrid couple - admittedly I only made it about half-hour into that episode but I just hated them.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, WonTon said:

Ugh, an hour and half is too long. But at least Dale was likable unlike last week's horrid couple - admittedly I only made it about half-hour into that episode but I just hated them.

There wasn't much to like about them.  I never decided on whether their "turnaround" was just lip service, or if it was sincere.  I'm opting for more lip service.

• Love 3

The other person I really like is Robin Zaszio.  I think her name is.  People who Know better track is she still on or are my two reasons for watching gone?  Well two reasons and crazy food and animal hoarders,   What????? I find them entertaining.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

The other person I really like is Robin Zaszio.  I think her name is.  People who Joelle better track is she still on or are my two reasons for watching gone?  Well two reasons and crazy food and animal hoarders,   What????? I find them entertaining.  

Yeah, Dr. Saszio is still on (some call her Dr. Tonya Hoarding).  Not sure what you mean by Joelle.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, Dr. Saszio is still on (some call her Dr. Tonya Hoarding).  Not sure what you mean by Joelle.

My phone likes to make up words.  If I don’t read my posts Interesting things happen. I fixed my t back to the word “know”  I have no idea how my phone autocorrects sometimes.

thank you for the info 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 1

K.  I gotta rant real quick.  I think the term "Hoarder" is starting to grate on me.

My 600 lb Life described a Hoarder.  The house was just flat out filthy.  As they are on this show.

A few decades ago, I worked in Code Enforcement and had the pleasure of meeting several real hoarders.   Think lots of magazines, stockpiles of toothpaste, canned goods, toiletries, paper products.  Houses looked like Costco with tiny aisles.  All elderly.  All had lived through the Great Depression. 

Big difference.  Clean and organized.  Well loved pets. 

I never once turned down a cup of coffee or piece of pie.  Very likeable people.

Our concern was simply the risk of falling and access for first responders & gurneys.

With very few exceptions, this show could really be titled "Slovenly Assholes".  I'd still watch!

Rant over.😁

• Love 17
4 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

K.  I gotta rant real quick.  I think the term "Hoarder" is starting to grate on me.

My 600 lb Life described a Hoarder.  The house was just flat out filthy.  As they are on this show.

A few decades ago, I worked in Code Enforcement and had the pleasure of meeting several real hoarders.   Think lots of magazines, stockpiles of toothpaste, canned goods, toiletries, paper products.  Houses looked like Costco with tiny aisles.  All elderly.  All had lived through the Great Depression. 

Big difference.  Clean and organized.  Well loved pets. 

I never once turned down a cup of coffee or piece of pie.  Very likeable people.

Our concern was simply the risk of falling and access for first responders & gurneys.

With very few exceptions, this show could really be titled "Slovenly Assholes".  I'd still watch!

Rant over.😁

They’re saving the “Slovenly Assholes” title for the hoarder/hemorrhoid sufferer/proctologist show they’re planning for next season. 😈

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

pretty much what i said. there's hoarding and there's filthy pigs. sorry pigs.

the two need separate names.

also, from the prices i've seen,the auctioneer was really trying to screw dale on that , could be beautiful, 57 ford pick up....glad the previous owner bought it and for a decent price. if his son does fix it up it will be a beauty. dale had a few once nice trucks there. he needed to have someone from a junkyard come in. some of those parts are much wanted.

• Love 5