Type keyword(s) to search

Hoarders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

An hour in, I said to Mr. ECats, no way she accepts aftercare.  Twenty minutes later I questioned if they would even offer after care to Cindy but hoped they'd do something to help Cody.

I looked up where she lives.  Cindy is in a world of hurt.  She's within the growing burbs of Memphis, out where folks are moving to get away from the urban mess where they can have homes that they are proud of.  That doesn't bode well for neighbors who hoard.  IF she were deep in the piney woods, where the closest industry is a turpentine plant or a chicken processing plant, her behaviour might not attract negative attention.

I know someone who lives about five miles from that town....good country folks who tolerate some excentricity, but require mannerlyness.  Being 5K behind on business rent is not mannerly. And you can be sure that many people in town now know she's as bad a tenant as a tenant can be.

• Love 7

I used to live in Memphis for many years so I knew exactly where Byhalia is. I knew from the get go that Cindy would not use the aftercare. She may not be the the nastiest, filthiest (in terms of stuff) hoarder, but she sure was one of the most delusional and infuriating. Frankly, if I were the son, I would pour gasoline on that 💩 all over MY land and set it on fire. I would love to see code enforcement come in and bulldoze that 💩. I hope her son and sweet DIL have indeed washed their hands of Cindy. She  does deserve to live in her miserable hoard.

• Love 8

Cindy was the worst. I think she might have had multiple disorders going on in tandem with hoarding behavior. Her trust issues were bordering on paranoia. 

But can we talk about how wonderful her family was? Her sister, Dee Dee, seemed really smart and had great insight. Cody and his wife were lovely, kind-hearted people. I hope they're able to recover from the loss of the property, and to protect themselves from Cindy's encroachment. It seems such a shame that Cody won't have that property now that it's appreciating in value due to the proximity of Memphis. 

Back to a recent thread: 

I'm still Team Dorothy. She's been doing this a long time, and the roach episode would have made Mother Teresa lose her temper. 

Edited by NoSpam
  • Love 7
On 7/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, Elizzikra said:

I wondered if Lauren was conceived during a rape. Sherry worked my last good nerve and I found it hard to drum up any sympathy for her, but she did strike me as someone who had experienced pretty severe trauma - so much so that she literally built walls around her in an attempt to keep her safe. I wonder if she never wanted Lauren and hated her so much because her bio father raped Sherry (and resulted in Lauren's conception) or barring that - maybe it was a bad relationship and Lauren just physically resembles her bio dad so much that Sherry can't see past it. It's possible Matt has a different father than Lauren and Sherry has better memories of him

The way she talked to Lauren I could really see that. (Being conceived via a rape) Seems that Lauren’s early years were better because her grandparents were there - yes there was too much stuff but they had running water, working bathroom, usable kitchen etc. Only after her grandfather’s dementia and the passing of the grandparents did things get un-inhabitable. The fact that Lauren is a functional human being is probably thanks to her grandparents. And because Sherry treated her so badly she was able to leave (emotionally). 

I think her brother Matt couldn’t hack it as an independent adult (emotionally) and moved back in with mom. I don’t see any indication that he’s disabled and “can’t” function alone but he needs the emotional validation from his Mom is he endangers his health and puts up with the hoard. 

Im getting back into this show because my cousin is developing a hoarding problem. (She’s a full time caregiver to her Mom, my great aunt with dementia, 86yrs old). Nothing unhygienic or a danger to human safety (yet), but I want to help her (if she will accept help) before it gets to that point. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I would love to see code enforcement come in and bulldoze that 💩. I hope her son and sweet DIL have indeed washed their hands of Cindy. She  does deserve to live in her miserable hoard.

5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

,I wanna see the AFTER  part that the therapist are always talking, about when the city steps in and clears it all away within minutes with no regards to their feelings on how they can’t possibly live without that air fryer that’s been rotting away for decades in the backyard.

4 hours ago, NoSpam said:

Cindy was the worst.

2 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

I hope that the county came in and took everything 

From our keyboards to their eyeballs.  We want satisfaction! 

Cindy made all the delusional roach ladies of the past seem relatively sympathetic in comparison.  From the minute she stood there, telling us she was a model while wearing eye make-up applied like a drunk hooker, I knew she was going to be a lying, self-centered, conceited, waste of time. 

Cindy's mouth was running the entire two hours, all in that staccato, monotone, mumble, even while other people  were politely trying to talk  to her. 

She did not deserve that wonderful son and the world's best daughter-in-law.  Even her nice sister has decided it's perfectly normal for a 24 year-old mother to leave her son with relatives while she travels the world, just because she came into some money. 

"They don't have a legal leg to stand on."  "People just want to steal my stuff."  "All the other people around here are getting away with it."  "They can't apply the law randomly."  "I've studied the law." 

I was begging the show to let us see the county bulldozers come through and plow everything including her house into a heap and set fire to it as Cindy stood and watched, while Matt told her all her other property had been sold for pennies to help defray the costs, but he had saved her antique cooler for her to take with her to the streets.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

That was just unreal last night. So much crap. She had a baby at 16 so they could grow up together and do fun stuff. Alright then.  Idiot. I knew she wasn't going to take that $15,000.00 for everything in the yard.  I wanted the BSOJ  to say "The county came in and took everything, cleaned the property, and slapped Cindy with a $30,000.00 fine. She also lost her storage units and everything in the store front."  And I wanted video of everything getting taken off the property while Cindy watches while tied to a chair.  Color me shocked she knew where the titles to some of the cars actually were. Cody should stop paying taxes on it. If it's in Cindys name still, it's legally her problem and responsibility.  She's so damn smart, let her figure it out. Anyone else notice how much Cody's wife looked like Cindy? Paging Dr Freud! If anyone here lives in that area, I would love to get an update on this one. Has the county done anything since filming, which was obviously before covid? 

Edited by QuinnInND
Clarity
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I’m so tired of people using the word “Freedom” as a way to avoid following laws or any kind of authority.

Amen. And I bet that when code enforcement came to clear the property she stood there defiantly waving her thrift store shotgun (that's worth at least $900!) and screaming that she knows the law because she studied it. Right after she studied modeling and acting, I guess. "FREEDOMS!! And I ain't wearing no Commie mask neither!)

• Love 7

I agree that Cindy had more mental health issues than hoarding disorder, and probably all her life, if her reason/rationalization to have a baby at 16 is anything to go on.  Maybe it was making the most of a bad situation to frame it that way to others, but it's still an odd thing to do.  But with the paranoia, there's probably a personality disorder there (which are extremely difficult to treat) and she probably has never processed her grief either.  The personality disorder leads into no thinking she even has a mental health issue.  It seems she would say she has a hoarding issue, but not a mental health one.  Anyway, splitting hairs here.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Anyone else notice how much Cody's wife looked like Cindy? Paging Dr Freud! 

It was shocking.  I got my psychology degree the same place Cindy got her law degree, but it was still easy to see that he never got over the long stretches of abandonment from his mother and is trying for a do over.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im getting back into this show because my cousin is developing a hoarding problem. (She’s a full time caregiver to her Mom, my great aunt with dementia, 86yrs old). Nothing unhygienic or a danger to human safety (yet), but I want to help her (if she will accept help) before it gets to that point. 

Based on my personal experience with trying to help a hoarder, here's my suggestion.  When you go over to visit, make sure you have some tote bags hidden in your purse.  Every time your cousin goes to the bathroom, pack up a tote bag full of trash or unneeded stuff and haul it out to your car.  She won't let go of anything voluntarily, but she has no idea what she has.  

We've all seen that the "fixing the illness" doesn't seem to work with most of these people.  They need practical help, but they won't accept it.  While not a certified organizer, I was an administrative assistant for most of my professional career, and specialized in bring order out of chaos wherever I worked. 

I tried to do simple things to help my brother with his DISorganization, like teaching him the "touch each piece of mail ONCE" philosophy . . . if it's trash, throw it way; if it's a bill, put it on your desk in the "to-do" pile; if it's a receipt, file it NOW.  I could never get him to shred his junk mail the day he brought it into the house.  He had to put it in a pile on the floor in front of the shredder because he was "gonna" double-check it before shredding.  He put his stuff to be filed on top of his desk.  And that's where he put his bills, too . . . so they were constantly lost (as was the actual top of his desk).

He - like the hoarders we see on the show - was "gonna" do something with everything he brought into the house.  But the only "gonna" he ever accomplished was when he was "gonna" go to yard sales and thrift shops.

Good luck, @Scarlett45.  Sincerely.

• Love 9

I second/third/fourth everyone here saying we need a 'Revenge' followup, showing these loons forced to watch the county bulldoze their oh-so-valuable hoards. Cindy seemed like a toxic combo of egotistical/selfish and extremely stubborn/controlling. I got the impression she didn't necessarily believe all that crap was really worth something, but she just couldn't admit she had wasted her life and fortune over it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Based on my personal experience with trying to help a hoarder, here's my suggestion.  When you go over to visit, make sure you have some tote bags hidden in your purse.  Every time your cousin goes to the bathroom, pack up a tote bag full of trash or unneeded stuff and haul it out to your car.  She won't let go of anything voluntarily, but she has no idea what she has.  

That’s a good idea. Last time I went I got pictures to actually show my Mom what I was talking about. No one had been to their house with Covid-19 and she wasn’t video chatting so I drove to check. I also checked the hot water- the bathroom and kitchen sink are the only “normal” spots in the house. (They are clean, plumbing, laundry, etc all in working order and the water is hot) But the hoard has GROWN in the last year. It’s not “trash” per se but “stuff”- the trash is being taken out routinely. I have no idea what she’s buying. 

A year ago I said “this clutter isn’t safe for your Mom”- and it’s WORSE! If this show taught me anything it’s that this is a gradual process. 

• Love 6

As soon as I saw the “this property protected by the 2nd amendment” sign, I knew there’d be trouble. I’m surprised they did not seem to find any guns on the property. And Cindy saying the other foreclosure was illegal reminded me of Sandra, of Julian Price House fame. This episode could have for sure been only an hour. Two hours of Cindy speeding out of her mind was exhausting. Every other word was sell, money, or recoup. Those seem to be the most stubborn ones, the ones who think their trash is treasure. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, NoSpam said:

I'm still Team Dorothy. She's been doing this a long time, and the roach episode would have made Mother Teresa lose her temper. 

Have you read her 2013 book? I actually hadn't known she wrote one until the other week when I was taking a few minutes looking around her Twitter feed. Good on her for losing 75 pounds! Interesting concept to tie-in weight loss with "life decluttering". And I didn't realize her husband is part of the shoots for the show. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Dorothy sure does look pretty in her orange.  Peter Walsh  (my first clutter crush)  wrote a book years ago connecting clutter and weight gain.  I think it's probably true for a lot of people that any sort of  clutter or chaos can increase anxiety and the desire for comfort food. 

As soon as I saw the “this property protected by the 2nd amendment” sign, I knew there’d be trouble.

I missed that!  What a hoot.  Does Cindy think the right to bear arms means the right to shoot county officials?  She's really sick if she's thinking of killing someone over that trash.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I missed that!  What a hoot.  Does Cindy think the right to bear arms means the right to shoot county officials?  She's really sick if she's thinking of killing someone over that trash.

She thinks she would be protecting her property from the ebil gubment. She mentioned a couple times that she's been there "guarding" the place. She probably thinks she can shoot anyone she doesn't want on her property because they're "trespassing". She's a nut. She was even talking about the county being in the wrong court with regard to them coming and taking her stuff. Yeah, right. She probably went to the U of Tube law school. If she had a gun, it would probably be rusty, and she couldn't find the bullets. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Peter Walsh  (my first clutter crush)  wrote a book years ago connecting clutter and weight gain.  I think it's probably true for a lot of people that any sort of  clutter or chaos can increase anxiety and the desire for comfort food. 

Ah, Peter Walsh! Good catch. I haven't thought of him for a while, but would see him do the press rounds tours now and then whenever he had a new book or project to promote, years ago - local radio and TV. I hadn't realized he wrote anything on this topic specifically but based on your mention it looks like at least two of them.

y4zukzmw

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

She thinks she would be protecting her property

Cindy and Sandra are alike, but in a different way.

IMO:  both were very pretty twenty somethings and the world (which was a man's world and men controlled the money) was at their feet.  What they wanted from men, they got.  

When we saw Cindy talking about her collection, she was almost flirtatious.  Silly little me, it's my (bats fake eyelashes madly) lil' ole' hobby.  And I just need some wonderful (preferably rich) older man to take care of me.  Why, I can be your trophy wife.  I'll even wear white to the wedding.

Gruff, older man in the Joc Ewing (Dallas) mode: Why, sure thing, missy.  You'll look so good on my arm.  (Shut up children of earlier marriages, Daddy's happy).  We can store your collection in some chassis I've got just sitting around not earning money.  Only at some point he finds that the trophy wife comes with ten gazillion trophys of her own that she will not part with. 

But she can still flirt and get her way with yet another man.  Rinse and repeat.

But age catches up with her and what seemed possibly charming in her thirties, is now not looking so good.  Men aren't lined up to let her slide around rules, but she doesn't notice this because she is still Cindy who can wrap men around her little finger and who can't understand that the rules have changed. 

Lots of similarities between Sandra and Cindy.  And the woman in Las Vegas with her daughter-paired hoarders and the daughter was still very limber but the daughter had a older man boyfriend.  And the woman in Hollywood who had gone through millions.  

Maybe a subcategory of Faded Charmers?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Gruff, older man in the Joc Ewing (Dallas) mode: Why, sure thing, missy.  You'll look so good on my arm.  (Shut up children of earlier marriages, Daddy's happy).  We can store your collection in some chassis I've got just sitting around not earning money.  Only at some point he finds that the trophy wife comes with ten gazillion trophys of her own that she will not part with.

I keep hearing that old ditty "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. . . . " ***high fives Enoughcats virtually **** I thought Jock Ewing as well. 

Not a lot I can say that wasn't already said, but if it was MY land (i.e. Cody's), I would have told Cindy "Listen, you have 48 hours to get your crap off my property or it's going to be removed". And I would then have the Hoarders crew bulldoze the entire place and fill. . . . those. . . dumpsters!!!! (**said in loud game show announcer voice***)

I think too many people have been watching shows like Storage Wars where people find exciting expensive stuff in storage lockers. Years ago I visited a small town in north Louisiana near the Arkansas border where some guy had rented a storefront and was selling stuff he found in storage lockers and he said the shows make it sound so appealing, but mostly he was finding crap in his overbidded lockers and losing money. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Not a lot I can say that wasn't already said, but if it was MY land (i.e. Cody's), I would have told Cindy "Listen, you have 48 hours to get your crap off my property or it's going to be removed". And I would then have the Hoarders crew bulldoze the entire place and fill. . . . those. . . dumpsters!!!! (**said in loud game show announcer voice***

Unfortunately, the property is in Cindy's name, so legally it's hers. Unfortunately. 

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice that Matt was picking up a bit of that southern accent?  At one point, when they were going through a doorway, he stepped to one side and said, "Y'all go ahead in first."  I noticed it a couple of other times during the show, too, and found it amusing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am so angry at Cindy. What a nasty, delusional, paranoid, “I’m an American and the gov’t can’t tell me what to do” bitch. 

I want her to be thrown in jail and all that junk lugged out and disposed of. 

Cody deserves better. So does the town and so do her neighbors. 

Cindy is beyond help on so many levels. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

There is a really good workbook from Dr. Tolin and Dr. Frost, "Buried in Treasures." I really recommend it. 

You might also look into the online resources of the San Francisco Mental Health Association. They have been pioneering a multi-faceted approach. Most of the services are specific to SF (support groups and cleanup help) but the general information is useful. Here is a link to get your started: 

https://www.mentalhealthsf.org/collecting-behaviors-hoarding-disorder/

I used to have a problem with "excessive acquisition" and cluttering, though I was never a full blown hoarder. I just had "too much stuff" and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. I did a massive amount of self help to get out of it. (Part of my decluttering was divorcing a borderline-hoarder husband).  I really recommend the Dr. Tolin book. 

If you do take bags out of your cousin's house, whatever you do, DON'T LET HER KNOW! You don't want her to blow up at you and turn into Cindy "they stole my stuff". 

7 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

She thinks she would be protecting her property from the ebil gubment. She mentioned a couple times that she's been there "guarding" the place. She probably thinks she can shoot anyone she doesn't want on her property because they're "trespassing". She's a nut. She was even talking about the county being in the wrong court with regard to them coming and taking her stuff. Yeah, right. She probably went to the U of Tube law school. If she had a gun, it would probably be rusty, and she couldn't find the bullets. 

She also said the bank that foreclosed on her "stole my stuff" and "sold it out from under me." Really delusional. 

6 hours ago, RobustRutabaga said:

Ah, Peter Walsh! Good catch. I haven't thought of him for a while, but would see him do the press rounds tours now and then whenever he had a new book or project to promote, years ago - local radio and TV. I hadn't realized he wrote anything on this topic specifically but based on your mention it looks like at least two of them.

One of his books really helped me with my own cluttering. I think it was "It's All Too Much". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

@NoSpam THANK YOU! I will check out the resources. 

No I wouldn’t steal from my cousin- and she isn’t dirty or unhygienic, it’s not trash, but looks like collectibles or things from home goods?? And toys for the dog- whom she loves but she and the dog can’t walk next to each other down the house- she’s a size 6 or 8- the path is too narrow!!

Im going to watch more episodes. My cousin is absent minded and I think she’s depressed right now but she’s still being a civil human being. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im going to watch more episodes. My cousin is absent minded and I think she’s depressed right now but she’s still being a civil human being. 

My house looks like a hoarders right now and it's a fun combo of depression and ADHD. (yay executive dysfunction) So you never know, she might appreciate a helping hand decluttering. I had a huge purge once where everything was stashes in a spare room on the third floor and I couldn't imagine carrying it all downstairs and out for trash day, Finally, I rented a dumpster and invited my friends over on the weekend to chuck my old couch and hurl everything out a window into the dumpster. Lots of fun, actually, got support from my friends and as a single person, appreciated the muscle assist. I could see being a caretaker could leave you a little depressed, and pretty drained, and just not having the energy to keep things from getting out of hand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

"They're threatening to assess like $30K cleanup of the things they want to steal from us. They won't steal our things and charge us $30K for them to steal it. And in turn they want to keep our property and our land too We've got a lot of stuff out there. It needs to be cleaned up. We don't want that stuff out there anyway. But they don't have the right to threaten and deprive us of our rights."

Bitch, you got a mouse in your pocket? Who's this "we"? You and the son whose property you've effectively stolen? Don't think he feels that way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I will never understand why these people think local authorities are just,Sitting,waiting with excitement for the chance to storm these peoples properties like the beaches of Normandy to collect their moldy, roach, rat covered garbage that’s been rotting away longer than the age of any crew member hired by the city to clear the massive nasty landfill that’s likely to cause long term PTSD afterwards... 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Exhibit A of why the runtime of these episodes shouldn't be two hours.  I predicted the BSOJ fifteen minutes in and groaned thinking about how much time was left.  

Cindy was exhausting.  Delusional and exhausting.  Like many of you, I was rooting for the county bulldozer.  

Even after going to U of Tube law school (h/t QuinnInND), you would think she could spell "amendment."  Eyeroll.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, theajw said:

Even after going to U of Tube law school (h/t QuinnInND), you would think she could spell "amendment."  Eyeroll.  

That made me laugh. I went to actual law school and both amendment and affidavit were problems for me in spelling. I had to create mnemonics to remember how to correctly spell them. For “amendment” I had to think “they will mend (one ‘m’) the Constitution if they add an amendment.”  For affidavit, I noticed that the “i”s and “a”s alternate.

As Cindy was standing there smiling and nodding at Dr. Zazz emphasizing the need for aftercare, it was crystal clear she had no Intention of following through.

• Love 5

Oh, goody lots of standing around in a semi-circle in the yard again no doubt ripping a page from the Team Building Exercise '99 handbook.

image.png.b6d1823463d9b8757eb40765976fe5f9.png

Cindy was a waste of life. But I did LOL when she bragged she had a "diploma in modeling." I guess it's the same school where she learned all about being a lawyer, too.

model.jpg.7b0c917f25cab2565b1c1ba6a0f2488c.jpg

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Cindy was a waste of life. But I did LOL when she bragged she had a "diploma in modeling." I guess it's the same school where she learned all about being a lawyer, too.

And anyone who has a "diploma in modeling" is - apparently - recognized as an expert on the law as well.

My big question is this.  At the end, didn't one of the BSJ screens say that she had lost some or all of her storage spaces?  Was the statue - valued at $30,000 to $40,000 - sold to one of the guys on Storage Wars, or was she able to save it and donate it to a museum????  LOL.

The discussion of that statue cracked me up.  My hoarder brother lived in a tiny subsidized apartment with outdated canned goods and dust an inch thick.  But he told me that he had some "museum-quality" artwork that he had picked up at yard sales.  Unless it was eligible for the Museum of Tacky Junk, I didn't find it when I cleaned out his place.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

"museum-quality" artwork

Art eye beholder 

in homage to the rusted piece of solid iron, with a fifteen degree bend in it and the slab of similar rusted iron set in the ground vertically that it accompanied, we dare not judge museum quality art because we will get it wrong.  

Not to be confused with the collection of Faberge eggs at the same museum.  

The phrase "museum quality" has certainly taken a long walk off a short pier in the last decades.

• Love 2

She reminded me a lot of Louise, the woman on Hoarding: Buried Alive, who'd spent millions on pyjamas, Mardi Gras beads and sequinned cowboy hats (and who was friends with Ron Jeremy). Louise had been an actual model, but like Cindy she'd spent a massive trust fund/settlement on crap nobody would ever want.

I loved how Cindy boasted about having been a "model and actress" and her sister immediately demolished that, saying that her modelling and acting careers came to nothing but that Cindy always thought she was "special". It was clear nobody other than older men thought she was hot shit.

I wasn't surprised this was a fail, once Matt pointed out the logical situation that for $15,000 she could have all her stuff cleared and gone (avoiding a $30,000 fine), and have enough money to pay her storage fees - and turned it down. Sometimes I feel sorry for the hoarder, but in this case I was glad at the end when the BSOJ said she'd lost belongings from a storage unit for unpaid fees. She was batshit crazy, still convinced she was hot shit and, as someone said upthread, what worked for her in her 30s is really unattractive in a woman in her 50s.

• Love 6

My guess is Cindy's modeling career was either modeling in stores, or something small time like that.     I bet the storage unit managers selling her units off was a big shock, and about time someone stood up to her.  I hope that included dumping stuff out of her 'store'.      The hoarders always say they have buyers for cars, trucks, junk, but they never actually sell anything.    I was surprised that there were titles for so many vehicles, but not surprised when she turned everyone down for buying them.   The semi-trailers had been sitting for so long, you know the tires were ruined, and it would have cost thousands to even move them out.   

• Love 1
On 8/25/2020 at 1:43 PM, JudyObscure said:

The Alabama heat was getting to Dorothy's poor sweaty  head and she actually seemed to believe that Flora was upset over throwing out the roach covered clothes because she wanted to donate them.  No, Dorothy, come on now, Flora had already said she wanted to keep her stuff for herself because it was stuff she spent her hard earned disability checks on! 

Do you remember that one episode where the guy had sex toys and he didn't want to show them? They shamed him into digging them out and then shamed him for having them. I believe that was Dorothy.

• Love 2

I would have snapped up that $15,000 in a heartbeat. And they take the stuff away FOR you!  I wanted to know why, if Cindi had so many buyers, why they didn’t come and pick up and pay for their stuff. Hmmmm...

Are you guys telling me Amanda is Cody’s wife and not Cindi’s daughter? She looks exactly like her!

• Love 1

As sad as it is that Cody will lose the land, in the long run it may be good for him that it's in Cindy's name.  She's the one who will be on the hook for taxes, fines, etc. and it won't hurt his credit.

• Love 7

The Cody Cindy family dynamic has lots of questions.

When Cody's Dad was killed in the accident, IIRC the show said there was a $300,000 payout first followed by a million.  Remember Cindy caressing the huge bracelets?  

Shouldn't half of that payout have gone to Cody?  Put in trust for him to take the place of his Father?  Is there any way that Cindy could have gotten all of it, and Cody none of it?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

The Cody Cindy family dynamic has lots of questions.

When Cody's Dad was killed in the accident, IIRC the show said there was a $300,000 payout first followed by a million.  Remember Cindy caressing the huge bracelets?  

Shouldn't half of that payout have gone to Cody?  Put in trust for him to take the place of his Father?  Is there any way that Cindy could have gotten all of it, and Cody none of it?  

Cody was a minor.  Unless the settlement/payout was written to include a separate payout to be held in trust for him, Cindy sure could have gotten it all . . . and probably did.

• Love 4
On 9/1/2020 at 7:55 PM, AZChristian said:

Did anyone else notice that Matt was picking up a bit of that southern accent?  At one point, when they were going through a doorway, he stepped to one side and said, "Y'all go ahead in first."  I noticed it a couple of other times during the show, too, and found it amusing.

Matt may be one of those people that quickly pick up an accent when they're around people with accents.   I know a couple of people like that, and sometimes others get upset because they think they're being teased by the person sounding like them, but it's not conscious.  

With the accident, if there was a life insurance payout, I bet Cindy was the beneficiary, so outside of any other inheritance from an estate.   In a court settlement, unless Cody was a party to the lawsuit, then it went to his mother also.    Minors can't inherit, there has to be an adult trustee for a minor's account.    Any account with Cindy's name on it was probably instantly gone, even if it was intended for Cody.    If there was no court oversight to any money for Cody, it would be instantly gone too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

All of these Cindy-type hoarders need a seminar on the concept of “sunk cost”. That [whatever] you paid a lot of money for, that rotted in the yard and/or the rats pooped on? That money is never ever ever coming back. Move on from there.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Matt may be one of those people that quickly pick up an accent when they're around people with accents.   I know a couple of people like that, and sometimes others get upset because they think they're being teased by the person sounding like them, but it's not conscious.  

I'm Canadian. You should hear me after I've been binging "Deadwood" or "Justified".

• LOL 9