Type keyword(s) to search

Run In the Media

Media talk! 

HBO gave a pilot green light to Run, a romantic comedic thriller from Fleabag and Killing Eve creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her frequent collaborator Vicky Jones, with Waller-Bridge set for a recurring role.

Casting news;

Coming off her second Emmy win, Merritt Wever has been tapped as the lead in Run, HBO’s romantic comedic thriller pilot from Killing Eve creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her frequent collaborator Vicky Jones. Wever joins Domhnall Gleeson, who also stars in the project, from Entertainment One. Waller-Bridge has a recurring role

‘Run’: HBO Gives Series Order To Comedic Thriller Starring Domhnall Gleeson & Merritt Wever From ‘Fleabag’ Duo & eOne

HBO has picked up to series Run, its romantic comedic thriller pilot starring Domhnall Gleeson and Merritt Wever, from Fleabag and Killing Eve creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her frequent collaborator Vicky Jones. Waller-Bridge has a recurring role in the project, which hails from Entertainment One, Jones and Waller-Bridge’s DryWrite and Wigwam Films.

While the series order had been in the works for awhile, the official pickup makes it the first formal green light at the premium cable network since the big WarnerMedia reorganization was announced earlier this week.

Written by Jones, Run centers on Ruby (Wever), a woman living a humdrum existence who one day gets a text inviting her to fulfill a youthful pact, promising true love and self-reinvention, by stepping out of her life to take a journey with her oldest flame (Gleeson).

13 hours ago, saoirse said:

Cancelled.

I really hope Merritt Wever and Domhnall Gleeson team up in something else, because I thought their chemistry was magnificent, but the show was just really choppy and...not very good.

Agree. The concept was different and the first few episodes really got me but it did kind of loose its way. I was really hoping it would get another season though.

It followed lengthy back-and-forth discussions about a potential second installment, which included possibly moving production to Los Angeles.

“After exploring potential ways of continuing Ruby and Billy’s journey, together with showrunner Vicky Jones, we have come to the decision that we will not be moving forward with a second season of Run,” HBO said in a statement.

https://decider.com/2020/07/10/hbo-cancels-run-after-one-season/

Sounds to me like Vicky Jones, the show runner, didn't really have a plan or at least a convincing one, for a second and later seasons.

Sounds like she didn't close the deal, though HBO must have given her a hearing.

Considering that they have to fill up HBO Max with content, it must have done poorly in the ratings.