Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: All The Lonely People

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Thanks for the explanation.  She's so cold, I wouldn't want her working with research animals, much less people.  She acts like she's got a couple screws loose.

The first time she inappropriately responded to a patient, I pretty much fell off the couch. Like most, I thought she was just a nutty jerk that needed to be censured, especially after that stunt she pulled with the heart monitor/baby thing /whatever (sorry, can’t remember details, but it was insane). But the more I watched her with NO human filter, she quickly became the most interesting character in a very dull cast of soap opera dullards. I respected her a lot more for reaming Incel-Boy as opposed to April scowling at people who treated him.

4 hours ago, langford peel said:

Dr Curry is just about the only interesting character on this show so she is sure to be gone soon.

Dick Wolf will continue to preach gun control and never reflect the reality of Chicago. That the gangs are behind the carnage. By gangs I don’t mean mythical Irish Mafia types. He doesn’t even use the now non existent Italian Mafia he uses the Irish Mafia in Chicago that died with Dion O’Bannon. Law abiding citizens can’t carry in Dick Wolf’a World. They have to be the prey of criminals and depend on the corrupt Chicago cops. Because when you need the police in seconds they are only half an hour away. 

Well-said.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SG11 said:

I guess, but let’s face it, when they need a Psych Consult, they can call him and I’m pretty sure there’s elevators available. I worked in an ER in Boston for awhile and I don’t remember a Head Shrink Dude standing there waiting for his next case.

Of the big hospitals I worked in during medical school, in the smaller of the two, the psychiatrists had a call room off the main ER.  In the larger, as well as the one I work at now, we have a locked unit within the ER with, you know, offices and stuff.

Charles being around the ER a lot doesn't surprise me.  What does is that he never seems to be anywhere else.  If he's a Consult & Liaison psychiatrist, he should be seeing patients in other units.

• Love 1

The show is set in the ER though, that's where the excitement is. They even created the hybrid OR so that Connor would have a reason to hang out down there too instead of on the surgical floor, and then they made him less than competent so he would need to call Bekker for help all the time.  They have occasionally shown Charles in other wards and even consulting in a prison one episode but all the action on the show is in the ER so that's where he's going to be.

6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Thanks for the explanation.  She's so cold, I wouldn't want her working with research animals, much less people.  She acts like she's got a couple screws loose.

I'm sure we're soon to find out what her issues are, and Charles will help her through them.

And then hopefully she'll leave for the research labs.  They ruined Sarah when they tried to make her a psych resident so that Charles could mentor her. They should have made her an emergency medicine resident or left her in pathology mentored by Dr. Nina.

• Love 2

I contended that this show had jumped the shark multiple times during the episode before this one. It seems as though I was right. I found, during this episode, that the best way to watch was to watch a minute or two for context and then fast forward. Wait until something looks interesting and watch again for another minute or two. This way I don't waste too much time and still have a pretty good idea what is happening. I think this show and Fire need to be deleted from my record schedule. If not, this is the best way to watch these interminably tedious shows.

5 hours ago, Reiki said:

I contended that this show had jumped the shark multiple times during the episode before this one. It seems as though I was right. I found, during this episode, that the best way to watch was to watch a minute or two for context and then fast forward. Wait until something looks interesting and watch again for another minute or two. This way I don't waste too much time and still have a pretty good idea what is happening. I think this show and Fire need to be deleted from my record schedule. If not, this is the best way to watch these interminably tedious shows.

I was down on Fire, but it’s redeemed itself somewhat to me where I can look the other way on the silly stuff and enjoy the action. They need more interesting characters though. However, I’m shocked that a show like Med could come from the same place as a great show as PD. Med is a fully blown soap opera with revolting characters, no buy in and enough virtue-signaling and political agendas to simply stop watching and never miss it.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, starri said:

She's going to be a MD/PHD.  I believe she said she wants to do research.  But to get the MD, she still needs to have clinical training.  She just won't have to do a residency if she doesn't want to actually practice medicine.

I get that they're trying to make her into Sarah, someone who didn't want to be with patients, who realizes that she does.  But for Sarah, whatever she eventually became, was just timid.  Curry is flat-out unlikable.

I feel like they are redoing an ER storyline--the horrible med student Carter got stuck with who really wanted to do research (Henry?) and really should only do research.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, SG11 said:

-completely agree with comments about April. She spends more time staring into dramatic space or scowling about nothing (seriously, she’s mad about patient care?) that she adds nothing to the show. She is quite a bit better looking than Choi’s ex though, so not sure what he’s thinking. He’s MUCH better as a bad guy actor than a Dr actor, by the way.

have to disagree on Choi's ex--the VA doctor is pretty, in my opinion. What struck me weird this episode was that when she talked, she suddenly sounded a lot like Robin (Dr. Charles's daughter) to me.

• Love 2

I am really late to the party on last week's episode and some may have already voiced my displeasure with this episode.   Oh, where to begin!    That Ms. Curry (obnoxious blonde) - I'm not sure what she adds to the show.   I continue to think more and more they should have kept Dr. Reese character.  It seems the writers are trying for a similar storyline (at least imo) of a somewhat reminiscent Dr. Charles's helping Sarah with her issues when she first arrived and later with her father.   I hate characters being rammed down my throat and this one adds no value to the show.

I really despise the Conner/Bekker dynamic and what's with the dad?  Did I miss something in an episode?  I know she had gone to the dad and he provided money for the hybrid OR but did they sleep together, kiss - what??  Anyway, there's just ZERO chemistry between Conner and Bekker (I can't even say "couple").  Really wish the writers would end this "relationship".

Manstead - too bad he had to return and naturally, I think we could all see that he would experience "reentry" issues into a normal life and relationship after the trauma he endured.   Seriously, no surprise there at all and their relationship is so dysfunctional/passive-aggressive.   I almost laughed at that stilted hospital "reunion"; couldn't he have waited to see her at home?   That entire scene seemed a bit "off" for such an in-love couple and not knowing exactly what had happened.    Oh well, anyway -  I understand not wanting to have the gun around her son but Manning seemed to overreact a bit.   Yeah, Will's a little off kilter at the moment, but he's not going to leave the gun unsecured/unlocked and in a place where the kid would find it.  Maybe this is the beginning of the end for Manstead as I'm sure his PTSD will be out of control.

I really hope they continue with Dr. Choi and Vicky (VA doc); much better chemistry and seemed to be such a better match together but you know this incident with April will weight heavily on him and it's obvious where it will eventually lead.

One last note, what's happened to Goodwin and Maggie?  They seem relegated to the "extras" now instead of the pivotal characters they once were/seemed to be?!!

All of us viewers take vested interest in the characters (and most likely, we could write better storylines than these tired, overused plot devices and mindless tropes we're getting).    It's so disturbing that this once promising show is on a downward spiral and is/has become a trainwreck.   I don't know if it can be redeemed but if it is renewed for another season, the writers better do some serious retooling or they've lost this fan.

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 3
On 1/10/2019 at 1:46 AM, Chas411 said:

I don’t think the new dad is meant to be creepy. I think they’re setting him up at her new love interest. 

That's exactly what I thought.  I will have to rewatch the episode to look for those nuances some have spoken of for this episode as I was doing other things when I watched this episode.  So truly, I might have missed something.    I thought he was just overwrought--didn't really get the creepy vibe--and even said to myself (when Halstead was looking on at them)--maybe Nat will get with this Mr. Davis since they can relate:  Manning lost her husband; he's lost his wife and they both have a child to raise "alone".   I guess time will tell if he's a predator and she's the prey or if he's just a good guy.   I think (hope) he is Manning's new love interest.   If so, they seem to be "introducing" him like they did with Conner and Robyn when Bekker showed up.   It was obvious from jump street, imo, that Bekker would be his new love interest *sigh*.   And after all this time, she's still terrible and there's no chemistry between them.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, SuzieQ said:

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Bekker more, but I  guess I underestimated my capacity. LOL! She is a lying pig and as sleazy as Connor's father is, I hope he exposes the truth. about her  This show is turning into me rooting for the one I hate the least.

Yes, it seems they're making most of the characters unlikable anymore.    I miss badass Conner; he's become a wimp along with Choi  : (

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 4

So Natalie is so against having a legal gun for protection...yet it's the second time in recent history that staff got caught in crossfire right outside the hospital, numerous mentally unstable people have come INTO the hospital and Will just almost got killed by mobsters. Of course, in an ideal world, nobody would ever need a gun; but certainly Natalie must realize she lives in a dangerous place during dangerous times? How does she propose to stay safe?

And speaking of Will, how on earth would he be safe in a month?? Even if the Burkes were arrested, there'd still be a trial (which he'd presumably have to testify at).

Lastly, whatever happened to Dr Latham??

• Love 3
On 1/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

here, here--paging Dr. Latham. He was one of the only bright spots on this show.

Agreed!   S1 and 2 were, imo, excellent  S3 - I began to see some cracks and by the end and into the current S4, for me, it has gone off the rails.   I hope they can get it back on track if there's a S5.  There's nothing worse than to continue limping along with a show--simply because of (less than stellar) ratings--when you have poor storylines, plot development and sabotage/assassination of the characters.

It completes the One Chicago night. They could jettison the law show because they still had the other three but to lose Chicago Med would be a serious blow.

It's been a severe downhill slide since s1 when it was possibly the best medical show on TV.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, statsgirl said:

It's not too kind to Rhodes either.  They're doing to him what shows usually do to their female characters; make them less competent so that a man can save them. Here  Rhodes keeps getting into trouble so that Bekker can save him. Why couldn't he ask for any CT surgeon, why did he demand Bekker?  sigh I remember when Connor came on as a rock star surgeon in the first two seasons. Being with Bekker just keeps dragging him down and down and down.

Really? That's not how I've seen it. Rhodes has always been the golden boy, jumping in and doing all of these tricky surgeries when other surgeons wouldn't have done them - even Latham, or coming in at the last moment and being the "hero" when Bekker has been more conservative and gets sidelined at each time. Connor has also gotten his hybrid ED surgical room that Bekker got for him; he's repeatedly stolen surgeries from her, especially since she's the CT attending and he's a CT ED doctor.  He's mad that he got the room because she went to his father for it? I don't hate Connor, but he's been arrogant and very self-centered throughout. Ava hasn't been Ms. Sweetness, but I like that she's different from Natalie. You have to be a shark sometimes, especially when you're still a minority in that role.

Speaking of April, I am so sick of her giving people judgmental glances all the damn time.

Everyone is so judgmental. I mean, just do your job and if there's a legal issue, talk it over with the hospital's legal counsel. There might not be much of a show, but seriously - and this goes triply for Will!