Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: All The Lonely People

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

I dislike Ava Bekker. So much. I thought that he'd find out the truth, they'd break up but then eventually get back together. But now that she lied about it, I doubt they are endgame. Ready for that whole thing to crash and burn at any time.

Curry is...something but what she said to Dr. Charles was true. Looking forward to some self-reflection from him.

I loved the incel storyline.

• Love 7

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Bekker more, but I  guess I underestimated my capacity. LOL! She is a lying pig and as sleazy as Connor's father is, I hope he exposes the truth. about her  This show is turning into me rooting for the one I hate the least.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 12

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Bekker more, but I  guess I underestimated my capacity. LOL! She is a lying pig and as sleazy as Conrad's father is, I hope he exposes the truth. about her.

The only way I would care at all about that whole storyline is if she and Connor broke up and she ended up with the dad.  That could be interesting and they deserve each other.

Did anyone else get a creepy vibe from the guy with the wife who died and the baby that needed surgery?  He was very calm and gave that odd 'side glance' right after he was told about his wife.  I kept waiting for him to hit on Natalie (or grab her and try to kiss her).  He just seemed 'off' to me and I suspect that there's more to his situation than we know right now.   I'm guessing that his story isn't done and we'll see him again. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

The only way I would care at all about that whole storyline is if she and Connor broke up and she ended up with the dad.  That could be interesting and they deserve each other.

Did anyone else get a creepy vibe from the guy with the wife who died and the baby that needed surgery?  He was very calm and gave that odd 'side glance' right after he was told about his wife.  I kept waiting for him to hit on Natalie (or grab her and try to kiss her).  He just seemed 'off' to me and I suspect that there's more to his situation than we know right now.   I'm guessing that his story isn't done and we'll see him again. 

Yes, I had those same vibes. There was something that just didn't sit right with me. My first thought was that he's not the baby's father.

• Love 5

The father is the creepy one and the predator during whatever happened between him and Ava to get the hospital funding.  The writers put this out in such an open way in order to undercut Ava just to keep the up and down angst going between her and Connor which is tiresome.

• Love 1

I don't understand why this show hates women.  The only decent ones are Maggie and Sharon.

It's not too kind to Rhodes either.  They're doing to him what shows usually do to their female characters; make them less competent so that a man can save them. Here  Rhodes keeps getting into trouble so that Bekker can save him. Why couldn't he ask for any CT surgeon, why did he demand Bekker?  sigh I remember when Connor came on as a rock star surgeon in the first two seasons. Being with Bekker just keeps dragging him down and down and down.

I think April should be seen and not heard. The actress is a beautiful woman but April is a drip and I'm tired of all the longing looks between her and Choi.

I'm not even going to comment on the new manager other than if she had a mustache, she would be twirling it.

At this rate, Natalie's hysteria over the gun and her failure to recognize that it's tied to Will's PTSD is the least annoying thing.

Charles needed to touch on suicidal ideation with the med student but it was way too soon in the conversation.

• Love 3

Natalie could have told Will to lock the gun up and put it on a high shelf in the closet until they could discuss it in the morning, but NO, she had to fly off the handle as usual.

The Incel guy was a douche, but did April really think Choi was supposed to give him substandard care and let him die?

• Love 17
3 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Yes to the creepy dad who lost his wife. Why was he smiling about it for Pete’s sake! I thought he was a loony who would hit on Natalie, get rejected and kill her. After all that trauma she doesn’t want a gun in the house? Also long marriage. 

April is weird. Getting mad at choi  for treating his patient? He’s obviously being extra careful here and nitwit is being unprofessional  

• Love 6

Yep something ain't right about the new widower. Like maybe he's not a widower after all. I wish I had paid more attention to the dialog. Maybe the mom was saying: " no, I don't know who this man is. "  And I heard: "Please my baby is coming too early & I have an aneurysm." Ha

• Love 5

I did find new dad creepy too - but his wife was lucid when they came in together, so...

I suspect he'll be coming back to the hosp to see his daughter-- and get involved w/Natalie,  since she and Will are now having issues.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, BooksRule said:

For me I just still saw him as creepy teacher Ezra Fitz from Pretty Little Liars. I could see them bringing him back as they are telegraphing the problems between Nat and Will

• Love 3

Ava and Connor's father are both trash but I don't particularly care for Connor either. I don't know what the hell April expected Choi to do but she's definetly making me glad that Choi is with someone else. And then you got Natalie being extra as usual, that chick so exhausting. There aren't that many likeable characters, I would like to see and learn more about Sharon and that new med student that was with Choi.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 7

OMG, I was waiting for Rhodes to swing his arm around his head three times to wind up for that hit. And his Dad sniffing Dr Skeevy from Sth Africa. (He was an asshole in Friday Night Lights too, he plays creepy well)

Why does Natalie look constipated the entire time? Could she have declared the mother was dead any quicker, I am not sure the poor woman's last breath was even out of her body when she called it.

Will must have OD'd on Manning's bowel binding pills when he got back because he looked just as constipated as she did. He whipped that gun out of his holster so dramatically I was expecting to see him spin it around his finger.

How they cram so much stupidity in to so few characters in 42mins is quite frankly amazing.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The Incel guy was a douche, but did April really think Choi was supposed to give him substandard care and let him die?

And if he did, she would be preaching to him that he (Choi) took an oath and it's his duty to try to save him even though he's a bad guy. With the April character, it's a no-win situation.

Did anyone think George Steinbrenner (Dr. Charles) was going to take the leap off the bridge?

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I don’t think the new dad is meant to be creepy. I think they’re setting him up at her new love interest. 

I didn't think he was creepy, he just looked sad and in shock to me.  It did seem like the writers are setting up him and Natalie but I hope we find out soon. 

Speaking of finding out soon, I'm tired of these relationships dragging on:  Connor/Bekker, Will/Natalie, Choi/April.  In Choi's case, I really do hope he's moved on but it wouldn't surprise me if they put him back with  April.   

Speaking of April, I am so sick of her giving people judgmental glances all the damn time.  Also, I find it hard to believe that she would be allowed to keep working after experiencing the trauma of getting shot, even though she wasn't seriously hurt.  I would think in real life she'd be sent home for the day, or evaluated to determine if she was ready to return to work.   

• Love 7

Oh this show.

* dad of preemie--I didn't think he was creepy. Just was an acting/writing issue. I think visually he goes well with Natalie--similar looking to his wife. They can get together for all I care since N/Will is awful

* I agreed with earlier poster on how amazingly quickly mom of preemie was declared dead. boom you're gone; oh well no need to keep trying with you. . .

* I wanted to someone to ask Will "so how long until some mobster shoots you?" because that's what I kept thinking. If I was N not sure I'd want Will around her kid for that reason. The mob he took down is not 3 people.

* I could not believe the show was having April give side eye for Choi doing his job. I hate that storyline. It's been done before; it's stupid--and April is otherwise written as super pro-life so it doesn't even fit her. So writers---please, why go there?

* we've also seen 100 times on dramas the "my ex just got hurt/almost died, now I realize I have feelings" so I was not excited to see that hinted at -at all.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't know how old she's supposed to be, but the hospital CEO (or whatever her title is) looked pregnant in that dress at that event.  

Yep that was talked about last year that she's pregnant.

11 minutes ago, rhys said:

Yep that was talked about last year that she's pregnant.

Ok thanks, I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention because she's not on that much.

I like Yaya DaCosta a lot. I wish the show would do better writing for her character.

The relationship between Bekker and Rhodes has always felt forced and unnatural. Do they do on-screen chemistry tests for these actors? Because there doesn't isn't much of it there.

20 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Oh this show.

* dad of preemie--I didn't think he was creepy. Just was an acting/writing issue. I think visually he goes well with Natalie--similar looking to his wife. They can get together for all I care since N/Will is awful

* I agreed with earlier poster on how amazingly quickly mom of preemie was declared dead. boom you're gone; oh well no need to keep trying with you. . .

* I wanted to someone to ask Will "so how long until some mobster shoots you?" because that's what I kept thinking. If I was N not sure I'd want Will around her kid for that reason. The mob he took down is not 3 people.

* I could not believe the show was having April give side eye for Choi doing his job. I hate that storyline. It's been done before; it's stupid--and April is otherwise written as super pro-life so it doesn't even fit her. So writers---please, why go there?

* we've also seen 100 times on dramas the "my ex just got hurt/almost died, now I realize I have feelings" so I was not excited to see that hinted at -at all.

I agree. It doesn't seem exactly prudent to let Will go back to his old life so soon. I suppose he isn't a mob member who betrayed the organization, such people definitely remain targets for a long time. But still he's far from safe.

• Love 2

Could the writers make April and Natalie more annoying? First off the reunion scene between Natalie and Will seemed like a cheesy, overly dramatic scene from a soap opera, right down to the music. Agent Lee basically told Natalie that Will had some trauma, so of course Natalie acts like her toddler when Will pulled out his gun.  The widower can do us all a favor and take Natalie with him to another city. So April decides she's going to be a bratty teenager and act up because Dr. Choi was doing his job. This girl needs to go have a seat somewhere. Poor Monique was blaming herself for that idiot's actions, I'm glad Maggie was able to comfort her. Writers can you please end the Connor/Bekker nonsense, that you call a story line.  While you're at it, please have these people date outside of the hospital, Chicago is a big city, they can all find a significant other outside of the hospital. As for that blonde doctor, she can leave anytime now, she's horrible.

• Love 9
On 1/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, BooksRule said:

I think it was jut bad acting.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, statsgirl said:

I think April should be seen and not heard. The actress is a beautiful woman but April is a drip and I'm tired of all the longing looks between her and Choi.

She cannot act. And, as for beauty, I guess it's in the eyes of the beholder. I don't find her attractive. She looks like a barbie doll. And I just hate those ridiculously enormous lashes. But that's me. Agree that the least she speaks, the better. 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:48 AM, Ohwell said:

Speaking of April, I am so sick of her giving people judgmental glances all the damn time.  Also, I find it hard to believe that she would be allowed to keep working after experiencing the trauma of getting shot, even though she wasn't seriously hurt.  I would think in real life she'd be sent home for the day, or evaluated to determine if she was ready to return to work.   

Agreed. Her demand that the shooter leaves is so pathetic. What is a doctor to do? Refuse care? Ignore symptoms? "People are uncomfortable with him here" is not a reason to refuse care, even to an asshole like the shooter.

31 minutes ago, spunky said:

Could the writers make April and Natalie more annoying? First off the reunion scene between Natalie and Will seemed like a cheesy, overly dramatic scene from a soap opera, right down to the music. Agent Lee basically told Natalie that Will had some trauma, so of course Natalie acts like her toddler when Will pulled out his gun.

Natalie, the actress who lays her, simply cannot act. She overacts. The writing does't help. I understand that she hates guns, and I agree with her. I wouldn't allow it in my house either. But the DRAMA! was a bit much. "No gun or leave now!" Life is not like this. She could have demanded that Will get rid of the gun, tomorrow. Maybe he would, maybe not. But the writers decided that banging doors and ultimatums are better drama. For soap opera, maybe. 

The FBI agent is a terrible person. This whole story is an abuse of power. Deputizing people to do their job because they are incompetent and causing Will to have this trauma is abuse. Hate the FBI person.

• Love 6

OMG, show, SJW much?

STFU, April!

"Hello, Police?  It's Natalie.  My husband Will is hiding from gangsters, and I told him he couldn't bring a gun into the house.  Unfortunately, they have found him, so I need you to come quick!  Just remember to leave your guns in the station-house and instead, bring ostrich feathers!  OK?  Thanks..."

Jump, Charles!  Jump!

(WTF am I still watching this crap?)

• Love 1

It's a small thing but it really bugged me that Natalie was looking up funeral homes for the guy just so that they could shoehorn one more scene in for them. The hospital has social workers for that who know a lot better than Nat what they're doing.

April needs to pick a side and stick to it. Either she wants Choi back and she'll support him, or she doesn't want him back and she judges him. Judging him all the time and finding him wanting while wanting him back is ridiculous.

• Love 9
On 1/10/2019 at 6:38 AM, mommalib said:

Ava and Connor's father are both trash but I don't particularly care for Connor either.

Honestly, I may actually hate him more than Bekker at this particular moment.

7 hours ago, alexvillage said:

I think it was jut bad acting.

She cannot act. And, as for beauty, I guess it's in the eyes of the beholder. I don't find her attractive. She looks like a barbie doll. And I just hate those ridiculously enormous lashes. But that's me. Agree that the least she speaks, the better. 

Agreed. Her demand that the shooter leaves is so pathetic. What is a doctor to do? Refuse care? Ignore symptoms? "People are uncomfortable with him here" is not a reason to refuse care, even to an asshole like the shooter.

Natalie, the actress who lays her, simply cannot act. She overacts. The writing does't help. I understand that she hates guns, and I agree with her. I wouldn't allow it in my house either. But the DRAMA! was a bit much. "No gun or leave now!" Life is not like this. She could have demanded that Will get rid of the gun, tomorrow. Maybe he would, maybe not. But the writers decided that banging doors and ultimatums are better drama. For soap opera, maybe. 

The FBI agent is a terrible person. This whole story is an abuse of power. Deputizing people to do their job because they are incompetent and causing Will to have this trauma is abuse. Hate the FBI person.

She plays devious characters better, she was good as "Nanny Carrie" on OTH. Even her joy at seeing Will was like a bad Susan Lucci scene. It forces NG  to under act in order to compensate for her dramatics. I have a bad feeling that the FBI agent will be the one to "rescue" Will, therefore becoming his new love interest .

4 hours ago, starri said:

Honestly, I may actually hate him more than Bekker at this particular moment.

Viewers don't know for sure what actually happened between Ava and the father to get the donation. Her reaction to the father's crude and hurtful remarks at the gala seemed to be genuine and not designed as another trick on Connor's emotions. She did reject his initial attempts to seduce her by walking away quickly after his advances during their first encounter in the hospital lunchroom. At this point, I don't believe the writers intend to present her as trash to the audience, but the ongoing angst between her and Connor is forced and annoying.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, VinceW said:

Viewers don't know for sure what actually happened between Ava and the father to get the donation. Her reaction to the father's crude and hurtful remarks at the gala seemed to be genuine and not designed as another trick on Connor's emotions. She did reject his initial attempts to seduce her by walking away quickly after his advances during their first encounter in the hospital lunchroom. At this point, I don't believe the writers intend to present her as trash to the audience, but the ongoing angst between her and Connor is forced and annoying.

I didn't feel there were reasons to doubt they did spent one night together. Bekker did not deny it while she talked to Rhodes Sr, but she refused to reitirate it. She just does not want Connor to learn about it.

I'm not sure why I'm still watching this, all the characters are developing into really awful people. I'll save maybe Maggie and Sharon in this mess. The others, I just don't get who they really are (and I feel the writers don't have a clue either). And what I get, I really can't relate to.

• Love 5

Now that I think about it, they really should have just killed April off because she doesn't add anything to the show.  All she does is give a dead-eyed, judgmental glare to whoever is around her.  She's useless.  Not that the other actors are that great, but she's the worst.

• Love 6

So much going on here.

-completely agree with comments about April. She spends more time staring into dramatic space or scowling about nothing (seriously, she’s mad about patient care?) that she adds nothing to the show. She is quite a bit better looking than Choi’s ex though, so not sure what he’s thinking. He’s MUCH better as a bad guy actor than a Dr actor, by the way.

-if this show gets any more full blown soap opera, they should move it to daytime. The best thing about it is when Burgess visits from PD.

-oh how resfreshing: another soapbox about guns. Is this SVU where Olivia gets to rail about her personal politics every episode? It opens with the comment “too many guns!” When a woman is shot by a mentally ill “incel.” Right, it’s the guns fault, and the availability of it had something to do with the crime.  Then the show closes with Future Mrs Ginger Doc having a conniption about a legally owned firearm by someone who was so at risk he was put into WItness Protection by the feds. Hey writers... the show is set in Chicago... if you want to whine about gun crime how about talking about the ‘hood where those crimes actually happen?

-shocked by Ava The Liar. Could those 2 have had less sexual chemistry in that opening scene?

- I really like the somewhat broken Med School character, but I’m unhappy to think they are going to write her off as suicidal now instead of being the interesting quirky social misfit she was. She’s my favorite.

-Finally, WHY is there a Head Shrink in Emergency all the time? I’m missing something.

• Love 2

I think the blonde med school woman (Curry?) is so unprofessional, she needs to be let go.  There will be more disgusting, unpleasant patients coming into that emergency room and if she can't handle being in their presence, then she needs to find another line of work.

• Love 9

Dr Curry is just about the only interesting character on this show so she is sure to be gone soon.

Dick Wolf will continue to preach gun control and never reflect the reality of Chicago. That the gangs are behind the carnage. By gangs I don’t mean mythical Irish Mafia types. He doesn’t even use the now non existent Italian Mafia he uses the Irish Mafia in Chicago that died with Dion O’Bannon. Law abiding citizens can’t carry in Dick Wolf’a World. They have to be the prey of criminals and depend on the corrupt Chicago cops. Because when you need the police in seconds they are only half an hour away. 

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I think the blonde med school woman (Curry?) is so unprofessional, she needs to be let go.  There will be more disgusting, unpleasant patients coming into that emergency room and if she can't handle being in their presence, then she needs to find another line of work.

I think she said she doesn't want to work with patients.  Which is good, she shouldn't.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, starri said:

I think she said she doesn't want to work with patients.  Which is good, she shouldn't.

Ok, I missed that.  So, if she doesn't want to work with patients, what's her role in the hospital?  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Ok, I missed that.  So, if she doesn't want to work with patients, what's her role in the hospital?  

She's going to be a MD/PHD.  I believe she said she wants to do research.  But to get the MD, she still needs to have clinical training.  She just won't have to do a residency if she doesn't want to actually practice medicine.

I get that they're trying to make her into Sarah, someone who didn't want to be with patients, who realizes that she does.  But for Sarah, whatever she eventually became, was just timid.  Curry is flat-out unlikable.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sarnia said:

I didn't feel there were reasons to doubt they did spent one night together. Bekker did not deny it while she talked to Rhodes Sr, but she refused to reitirate it. She just does not want Connor to learn about it.

I'm not sure why I'm still watching this, all the characters are developing into really awful people. I'll save maybe Maggie and Sharon in this mess. The others, I just don't get who they really are (and I feel the writers don't have a clue either). And what I get, I really can't relate to.

Well, whatever happened is in the open now and the hospital could be exposed to a sexual harassment suit by Ava to cover her actions. I expect the father will be removed from the board. 

Spoiler

Jan 23, 2019 The Things We Do
Dr. Halstead rushes to rescue Dr. Manning after she is involved in a Medevac helicopter crash. The personal drama between Dr. Rhodes and Dr. Bekker boils over. Dr. Charles and Dr. Choi work to help a patient come to terms with their addiction. April helps Elsa deal with the loss of her first patient.

20 minutes ago, starri said:

She's going to be a MD/PHD.  I believe she said she wants to do research.  But to get the MD, she still needs to have clinical training.  She just won't have to do a residency if she doesn't want to actually practice medicine.

I get that they're trying to make her into Sarah, someone who didn't want to be with patients, who realizes that she does.  But for Sarah, whatever she eventually became, was just timid.  Curry is flat-out unlikable.

Thanks for the explanation.  She's so cold, I wouldn't want her working with research animals, much less people.  She acts like she's got a couple screws loose.

I doubt very seriously that a psychiatrist would have an office and mill about evaluating potential mental issues in most emergency rooms around the country.  If needed, they would be called in to consult.  

Certain shows on TV are watched for their comedy value.  I consider The Bachedor/ette to be that type of show.  Unintentional comedy.  But it’s pretty sad when a TV drama set in a hospital ER becomes almost funny.  I don’t mean be callous to the tragedies of hospital ER’s, but this show is becoming so ridiculous it’s laughable.  I never thought any TV character could outdo the insufferable Gabby Dawson on Chicago Fire but April and Manning are coming up on the outside and about to take the lead.  April tells a doctor how to doctor, decides who should live or die and Manning brings virtue-signaling to new and amazingly annoying levels.  Choi and Will need to grab what’s left of their manhood and run for the tall grass.  

Then there’s Rhodes (who started out quite likable) and Bekker, arguably the most boring character I’ve ever seen.  Please.  Make it stop. 

Do the actors ever read these lines and roll their eyes?

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Reality police said:

@SG11, they need to have Shrink in the ER because there are a lot of mentally ill people out there who have no other place to go for help. Sad but true. Also trauma victims need help too.

I guess, but let’s face it, when they need a Psych Consult, they can call him and I’m pretty sure there’s elevators available. I worked in an ER in Boston for awhile and I don’t remember a Head Shrink Dude standing there waiting for his next case.  It’s not a big deal, but I tried Chi Med late and for awhile I thought he was the Chief of Staff for awhile. Still seems weird to me, but thanks for the response.

Edited by SG11
  • Love 2