Type keyword(s) to search

Gracepoint - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Finally got around to watching this. Mostly because it was available on Prime and was shot in my home town.

Finished it tonight and man was it slow. After episode 8 I was thinking we still have no idea who killed Danny and have hardly even eliminated any suspects. It seems like by episode at of Veronica Mars we had more information about who killed Lily Kane, and that was a 22 episode season.

And does Anna Gunn only take roles where she has progressively shittier husbands. Like Seth Bullock was the best by far and he just cheated on her a bunch of times and was kind of a jerk. At this rate her next role will be the wife of Joseph Stalin.

Also, it's a small thing, but why couldn't they have made Carver a sergeant or lieutenant in charge of the detective squad or something? Because everyone just calling him "sir" sounded really weird and unnatural. If they called him Lieutenant it would have sounded way less annoying.

We started this last night not realizing it was an American remake of Broadchurch. When we started to realize it (fairly early on) we stayed with Episode 1 on the chance that it might be different enough. Or better than the original in some way. But no.

It might just win an award for show with the least reason to exist.

We couldn't figure why David Tennant would want to reprise his role, other than maybe to "break in" to the American market. I guess that could have been a good career move, if the remake had been decent. As of the first episode, his American accent was not great--so not great, that I still thought the character was supposed to be of Scottish descent.

• Love 1