Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Food Truck Race - General Discussion

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I’m nosy so I want to know why the guy went had to leave.

Me too, maybe we will eventually. Anybody follow his IG or Twitter?

I wanted Crystal's to go farther. That said, I will check them out once this pandemic is over since I live in Philly.  That first day killed them saleswise.

I want all of the Bachelor Bros to go. I also want to know why slimy Stefanos had to run home.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 4

10 will get you 5 he had to go home for legal reasons.  The real money's in guessing what the charges are.

Who the hell made up those team names in the first round?  They had nothing to do with each other, the challenge at hand or food trucks.   It was like someone took the weekend page of a Word-A-Day calendar and said 'Hey, let's use these'.  

Bachelor Kitchen:  'Team Fat Kid.  Cool, we both like bacon grease'    Me: 'Yes, but they use it as a cooking ingredient, not as a hair product'

Why would they sit out Stefanos?   He has to drive away at least as many people as he brings and if if they took out the chef it wouldn't matter if they pulled in customers.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Having watched this show from S1E1, I have to say this is the scruffiest collection of contestants I've seen yet.  Their concepts are not appealing and their food looks like the stuff they shoveled out on on "roach coaches" in days of yore.

Not only would I refuse to pay $10-15 for their food, I wouldn't even slow down to check out their menus.

Just yuck.  Sorry, Tyler.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2020 at 8:43 PM, Maverick said:

Who the hell made up those team names in the first round?  They had nothing to do with each other, the challenge at hand or food trucks. 

My best guess is that the teams  were supposed to sound like yacht names - especially with the little dedication plaques on their serving tables.  But yeah, that could have been made clearer.

So long, Greek TJ Miller- you will not be missed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Crystal's Comfort Food is trying to sell frozen chicken wings and proprietary sauces online, but are having some issue with shipping. If anyone is near, they are trying to make a pickup option.

I'm not sure why and it's probably unfair of me, but this GFM really bugs me. It's probably just my aversion to GFM because it is abused so often.

I'm trying to see if anyone mentioned what happened with Stefanos but haven't found it yet.

It's not mentioned on The Bachelor Kitchen's Instagram, which has a whole three posts, so I can't say for sure it's true, but apparently Stephan is the Assurance Officer for a non-profit named Unizin and something happened there requiring him to return to deal with it. 

That's too dull and not juicy enough for me, so I'm going with him getting kicked out for being so dirty in the kitchen. 

Both possibilities can't be confirmed by me and therefor, are worth exactly what was paid for them.

• LOL 6

Regarding the Bachelor Slobs emergency exit, that whole thing was so fishy. He supposedly gets the life altering phone call while still selling greasy grub, and they make it apparent that it is a dire emergency and he will have to leave. Then they wait till the sales have ended, the trucks have all driven to the meetup with Tyler, and Tyler begins his monologue before Greasy decides to tell Tyler. Which had to be at least several hours. As if Tyler wasn’t told right away by the crews filming, yet he acts like he had no idea. If they are going to put such nonsensical drama into the show, at least make it realistic. 

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, MajorWoody said:

Regarding the Bachelor Slobs emergency exit, that whole thing was so fishy.

I don't know anything whatsoever but I wondered if he was eliminated by the producers for some reason and they allowed him to save face by doing it that way.  OTOH There was a couple a season or two ago who had to leave because a hurricane was heading toward their home and business and they finished the episode in progress first.  We'll probably never know.

I liked the comfort food team until I saw the GFM above.  It's really self-serving to ask people for money when so many are worrying about paying for their own food, rent and utilities.  

• Love 5

I checked the Unizin site, it appears that Stephan has a real career with an established company that provides IT services to schools like Penn State and Indiana. So my theory is that the other two members recruited him for the audition tape. He gave them more energy and charisma. And it worked, perhaps to his surprise.

So he took some time off and entered the race knowing that after a week or two, he would be returning to his real job. What we saw was a staged exit. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone knew from the start that he would be leaving.

Just a theory though. No insider information.

Edited by xaxat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 3/30/2020 at 3:08 PM, mlp said:

I don't know anything whatsoever but I wondered if he was eliminated by the producers for some reason and they allowed him to save face by doing it that way.  OTOH There was a couple a season or two ago who had to leave because a hurricane was heading toward their home and business and they finished the episode in progress first.  We'll probably never know.

I liked the comfort food team until I saw the GFM above.  It's really self-serving to ask people for money when so many are worrying about paying for their own food, rent and utilities.  

Exactly! Just about everyone could use money these days. It’s pretty nervey to set up a GFM page when your situation is not an exception but the rule.

• Love 5
On 3/30/2020 at 12:43 PM, xaxat said:

I checked the Unizin site, it appears that Stephan has a real career with an established company that provides IT services to schools like Penn State and Indiana. So my theory is that the other two members recruited him for the audition tape. He gave them more energy and charisma. And it worked, perhaps to his surprise.

So he took some time off and entered the race knowing that after a week or two, he would be returning to his real job. What we saw was a staged exit. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone knew from the start that he would be leaving.

Just a theory though. No insider information.

One of the team members is Stefanos' brother. I guess it wasn't *that* hard to recruit him. 

• Useful 3
On 3/27/2020 at 12:31 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Good riddance, Stefanos! Pity he didn't take that grimy stuffed animal with him. 

Every time I saw him, I was reminded of a guy named Constantine who was on American idol many years ago.

• Love 3
(edited)
54 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Every time I saw him, I was reminded of a guy named Constantine who was on American idol many years ago.

He does resemble Constantine Maroulis who by the way has had a GREAT career post-American Idol.  

I found myself happy for the remaining two Bachelors and especially like the thinner one.  They both tried very hard (well, everyone did, to be fair) but their truck was a person down.  They knew they had to whittle down their menu and really divide and conquer.  Now if they’d just lose the “bros bros bros” chant...

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, LittleIggy said:

I’m nosy so I want to know why the guy had to leave.

Sorry that the Comfort Food team had to go.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, Maverick said:

10 will get you 5 he had to go home for legal reasons.  The real money's in guessing what the charges are.

I'm guessing either drug related or failure to pay child support.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:57 PM, Christina said:

Crystal's Comfort Food is trying to sell frozen chicken wings and proprietary sauces online, but are having some issue with shipping. If anyone is near, they are trying to make a pickup option.

They might have more luck raising money if they had someone check their begging letter for hubris and spelling/grammar about "the huge inconvenience" coronavirus has specifically caused them since "the primer".

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 3

I like the bachelor guys now that Stephanos is gone - except for the stuffed pig.  That just looks stupid.

I was hoping the sope truck would be eliminated.  Those gals in their sleeveless tops and silly rose headbands irritate me.  I noticed the one driver on that team wasn't wearing her seatbelt.  That annoyed me too.

I'm glad the Mystikka (sp.?) truck won.

• Love 7

I don’t know why it took me three weeks to think about this, but it’s been my understanding that it’s basically illegal to have a vehicle painted like a school bus.  Has there been any talk on the show or social media of what (if any) measures they’ve taken to make sure that truck is street legal?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mlp said:

I like the bachelor guys now that Stephanos is gone

There really are a lot more likeable without him. I LMAO off when one of them blew himself up in the truck, but he's lucky he didn't kill himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Like several of you have mentioned, the Bachelors have grown on me since the departure of sleazy Stephanos.  Their food actually looked pretty good and they came across as personable.

I also agree about the annoying, squealing sopos crew.  Just stifle.

The glop produced by Team Fat Kid turned my stomach.  Should have marketed their stuff with a gift certificate for a bypass.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

liked the Fat Kids. Sorry to see them go.

I wasn’t I hate any adults human who advocates vegetables are gross, so it pleased me to see them eliminated. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wasn’t I hate any adults human who advocates vegetables are gross, so it pleased me to see them eliminated. 

You’d hate me then. I can’t stand most vegetables. 

• LOL 1
On 4/2/2020 at 11:10 PM, LittleIggy said:

The remaining Bachelors are okay. Just lose the stupid toy pig. I liked the Fat Kids. Sorry to see them go.

I liked the Fat Kids too. They had a nice, positive attitude. I can’t imagine eating that half bacon burger though. Seems like it would be sickeningly rich and salty. Same with the thick cut fried pork chop. 

I’m sorry but the remaining bachelors gross me out too. I think I’m stuck on them being dirty because of the previous state of their truck. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Maya said:

I’m sorry but the remaining bachelors gross me out too. I think I’m stuck on them being dirty because of the previous state of their truck. 

And that damn stuffed pig.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The Bachelors went back on my 💩 shit this week. Did you see the guy putting his gloved hands on that nasty pig hanging around his neck? 🤢 I’m glad they are gone. Hey, fancy chef and Tyler, I like my fries a dark golden brown. Besides, some were sweet potato fries.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've stayed at some 5 diamond hotels and have never had what I call world class room service at any of them. 

The people who were at the Vegas sign in those hideous outfits were a site to behold.  Did they think that they really looked attractive or sexy.  No way.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, cameron said:

I've stayed at some 5 diamond hotels and have never had what I call world class room service at any of them. 

The people who were at the Vegas sign in those hideous outfits were a site to behold.  Did they think that they really looked attractive or sexy.  No way.

I thought they were from a hooker convention!

• LOL 1

At this  point it seems the Lunch Ladies are being positioned to take it home.  While I'm not emotionally invested in this season, I really hope Super Sope doesn't pull off an upset.  All of their dishes look like they have been drizzled with Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll icing.  And their giddy  act turns me off.

There;s always next season.  I'd like to see something funky like "Great Food Truck Road Race...Rust Belt!!!"  Film it mid-winter with trucks falling into potholes and then serving stuffed cabbage and sauerkraut and other terrific stinky cold-weather foods.  Yum!  (Grew up in Ohio.)

Edited by spiderpig
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

"Great Food Truck Road Race...Rust Belt!!!" 

Love it!  "Great Food Truck Race - Will It Play in Peoria?"

The Lunch Ladies don't interest me at all and I don't care for the woman who is the main spokesperson.  I cringed when she ran into that bar or whatever it was and started screeching/demanding that everyone should come out to the food truck.  The sope group has annoyed me from the beginning, mostly because of the way they chose to dress.  I don't have any problem with them individually but I don't like seeing people sleeveless when they're working around food and those headbands are just silly.  I hope the Mystikka truck wins.

• Love 3

I am probably a bit confused, but I don't see how Palm Springs and Las Vegas fit into the "Gold Coast" theme.  They should be going to Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach, etc.  Just because there is sand in Palm Springs and Vegas, that doesn't mean they are on the "Coast."

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Sorry Tyler, I do like you, but you can't be "a little head and shoulders above everyone else." You either are or you aren't.  I'm being picky, yes, but what else to I have to do in The Age of Coronavirus?.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, seacliffsal said:

I am probably a bit confused, but I don't see how Palm Springs and Las Vegas fit into the "Gold Coast" theme.  They should be going to Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach, etc.  Just because there is sand in Palm Springs and Vegas, that doesn't mean they are on the "Coast."

They were scared to do just Cali again after that horrible season.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, spiderpig said:

All of their dishes look like they have been drizzled with Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll icing.

If you’re not familiar, that’s just crema - the Mexican equivalent of creme fraiche, or a slightly thinner sour cream.  Basically, instead of one big blob of sour cream that you might get on chain Mexican food, they’re doing a drizzle of their sauce.  Personally I think their food- and plating- looks really good, but ymmv.

• Love 4

I am SO glad Sope is finally gone.  The other teams always use “we” and the Sope leader always refers to “I”.  The Sope team bugged me the entire competition, though the other 2 ladies seemed ok. 

I’m thrilled with the Final Two Trucks.  Lunch Ladies are on a roll, but Mystikka’s food is obviously yummy too — who knows??

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Are we really going to make it through an entire season without someone running into a lamp pole?

I know!!  The lamp pole is a staple of Food Truck Road Race :) 

On the plus side, I am glad there has been very minimal truck malfunctioning which I cannot stand on this show.  These people are not truck mechanics so producers, give them trucks that work or halt all cooking while one truck is being repaired -- I've always felt the lost time seems horribly unfair.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

Are we really going to make it through an entire season without someone running into a lamp pole?

I was sure it was coming when the one woman was backing into that tight spot.  I was actually surprised when she didn't hit anything.  I probably would have.  🙂

I just can't warm up to the Lunch Ladies.  The lead woman comes across as intelligent and articulate but she seems pushy and humorless.  I like the Mystikka crew a lot better and their food is more interesting to me.  For some reason, I never noticed the drag guy's tattoos before last night.  They're really ugly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, mlp said:

I was sure it was coming when the one woman was backing into that tight spot.  I was actually surprised when she didn't hit anything.  I probably would have.  🙂

I just can't warm up to the Lunch Ladies.  The lead woman comes across as intelligent and articulate but she seems pushy and humorless.  I like the Mystikka crew a lot better and their food is more interesting to me.  For some reason, I never noticed the drag guy's tattoos before last night.  They're really ugly.

Me either. Nobody on the team has a stand out personality. The whole “look at our school lunch food” bugs me, too, since urban school districts don’t have the advantages Martha’s Vineyard’s does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

22 HOURS AGO, XAXAT SAID:

I know!!  The lamp pole is a staple of Food Truck Road Race 🙂

I thought so too.  How I remember the incident, and how that team had their earnings deducted for the damage during that round in Season 3lamppole.thumb.jpeg.4fab42d4031db888ac8118978a65ba92.jpeg.  It turned out that the ladies were responsible for paying only the $250 deductible that was owed to the insurance agency.

23 hours ago, mlp said:

🙂

I understand your reaction to the Lunch Ladies.  Jen does resemble a humorless Frances McDormand in Fargo.  But their food has been consistent.

So has Mystikka's.   It's anybody's game.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:24 AM, xaxat said:

On 4/17/2020 at 8:24 AM, xaxat said:

Oh please-please-please!!!

• Love 2