Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Food Truck Race - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

But it’s not a part of the show’s premise to stay in one place. Convenient for Tyler but...

Seems pretty clear this was due to the pandemic where traveling was discouraged and different cities and counties had different COVID rules and not to be convenient to Tyler. The Food Network also has production facilities in Marin. 

But my point was that people do in fact follow around their favorite food trucks to different locations.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I grew so tired of the Lime Truck that I was really hoping Seoul would win.  The Lime narrator was beginning to irk me.  And, I was dumbfounded by their claims of higher quality ingredients in a food truck format as I was like "but, aren't you shopping at the same grocery stores as the other truck's?  Why are you promoting superior ingredients when they are the same as everyone else's???"

In general, I agree with this, but we have seen in previous seasons that some teams relied a lot on pre-processed foods (frozen tater tots, frozen fries, etc.) as critical components of their dishes. If they had stuck with "fresh and quality" rather than this "fine dining" narrative, I would have found them far less annoying. 

Edited by Pallida
I fail at putting parentheses correctly.
  • Love 4

While the constant "taaaaaste the truuuuck" chants and Lime's overall fratboy-ness got annoying, I'm still glad Lime won over the self-righteous Seoul [sometimes but usually not] Sausage, and that the dumb challenges didn't impact the race this time. Especially after Tyler straight up admitted he chose Seoul based on their sob story.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Seems pretty clear this was due to the pandemic where traveling was discouraged and different cities and counties had different COVID rules and not to be convenient to Tyler. The Food Network also has production facilities in Marin. 

But my point was that people do in fact follow around their favorite food trucks to different locations.

Well, it was convenient for Tyler, wasn’t it? 

(edited)
4 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Well, it was convenient for Tyler, wasn’t it? 

Seems like it was convenient for a ton of people and helped limit exposure to COVID, our numbers in SF were low for a major city.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Personally, I didn't really mind the staying in one location. In recent seasons, the locations and allowed shopping areas are so controlled anyway that the competition aspect of the contestants have to adjust to new places is pretty muted, and it seems like a new city is just usually an excuse for some kind of local challenge

• Love 3
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Seems like it was convenient for a ton of people and helped limit exposure to COVID, our numbers in SF were low for a major city.

Well, let’s thank Tyler for that! 🙄

(edited)
7 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Well, let’s thank Tyler for that! 🙄

Not what I even remotely suggested but of the three places TFN has production facilities: Marin, LA, and NYC and where crews live; SF was pretty much a no brainer. So it’s not thanks to Tyler at all but rather the cash cow that is Guy Fieri. 

Edited by biakbiak

Apparently they were filming in my city about a week ago. I didn't find out until hours later. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway because it was in the middle of a weekday and I was working.

One truck with grilled cheese. I forget what the other truck had. Didn't hear anything about any of the other trucks.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

The new season of THE GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE premieres Sunday, June 5th at 9PM ET/PT.  Hosted By Tyler Florence, the eight-episode season brings the heat to Southern California.

The nine teams competing are:

Amawele’s : San Francisco, California (Pamela Drew, Wendy Drew, Emma Januarie); Eso Artisanal)
Pasta : Morristown, New Jersey (AJ Sankofa, Kristina Gambarian, Matt McFadden)
Food Flight : Atlanta, Georgia (Kate Schulz, Betsy Wallace, Grant Stevens)
Girl’s Got Balls : Fox River Grove, Illinois (Shauna Fetterman, Lizzy Scudder, Carrie Jones)
Maybe Cheese Born With It : Toledo, Ohio (David Gedert, Mahogany Reign, Keith Logue)
Salsa Queen : Salt Lake City, Utah (Salsa Queen Zapata, Jim Birch, Missy Workman)
Sauté Kingz : Daytona Beach, Florida (Count Foreman, Jessica Foreman, Jesshuan Foreman)
Señoreata : Los Angeles, California (Evanice Holz, Adri Law, Chelly Saludado)
Southern Pride Asian Fusion : Colorado Springs, Colorado (DJ Williams, Houston Greenlee, Gio Palacio)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Just watched the first show.  When the contestants arrived they were told what their competition was and the amount of time for the challenge.  They all then ran to see their foodtrucks for the first time.  Where did they get the food to do the competition?  They seemed to decide quite quickly what to prepare and miraculously the food was already in the foodtruck.  Instead of going shopping for the next challenge, they just should have used the well-stocked pantry in their foodtruck.  No wonder there are no comments on this show.  It is pretty sad.  It seems that the simpler the concept, the better the teams do.  The Waffle guys could spew out tons of waffles in the time that others produced something most people would want to eat.  This season with the mac and cheese that they can't even make well is another case of simple getting lots of sales.  Would anyone go back for more?  Not likely.  This show is rewarding the trucks that are selling poor quality food for very high prices.  It would even the playing field a bit if the contestants were given a little time to acquaint themselves with their truck before they had to do a competition..  Also it is a real disadvantage when contestants have a truck that is constantly breaking down.  How is that fair?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

One of my main peeves about this stupid show is the massive financial advantage teams get for winning the initial challenge.  Give them extra time or an extra pair of hands.

I tuned in (a) because there was nothing else on TV and (b) I hoped they'd have fixed some of the stupidest aspects of the show - no such luck.

• Love 5

I think a big problem with some of the trucks is they don't understand the market they are selling in. They are in Southern California and should be setting their menu prices accordingly. You can definitely double your prices, especially if you usually operate in a smaller market. Some of the trucks last season, when they were in San Francisco, understood that and so while their prices seemed really high, people in the Bay Area do pay a lot for food.

I'm still not sure how that one truck with the drag queen managed to outsell the other trucks by so much. Was it purely their marketing skills? Their mac and cheese did not look appealing to me at all. I'm surprised the pasta truck did as well as they did because they always seemed to be behind due to having to make their pasta from scratch. It did look good though. 

The Amawele truck that won the advantage, I'm convinced they completely squandered their advantage. They should have stashed their extra $400 to pad their sales and only spent the same $400 that every truck was given for supplies. 

Every truck seemed to have a memorable personality or gimmick except for the Food Flight truck. I was sure they would be the first one eliminated because they were just so dull. I feel bad that the 3 women with the Balls idea were eliminated. If they had stuck around, I think their strategy should have been to make their portions much smaller (those risotto balls were huge!) and give 2 per order. Instead of selling one big ball for $5 (or even $10), sell 2 balls that were half the size or less for $15. I felt bad for the woman whose husband died of Covid in the early days of the pandemic before there were vaccines. He looked young and healthy. 

• Love 5

Gaaah, that Mac and cheese truck can go anytime. But they're going to get sales just by being Mac and cheese. No worries about repeat business since they just move on to the next city. But man, $20 in the trash. It must have been really bad.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

I don't mind that this is a food business competition that factors in cost, but it does make me sad when folks who likely would be great in their home communities are not able to adapt to new markets.

I found Salsa Queen to be quite obnoxious, so I was curious if there were any reviews of her salsa onilne. While it seems people like her salsa, this article did not improve my opinion: https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/5/7/22409752/how-a-single-mom-of-seven-made-herself-the-salsa-queen-literally For example:

“I thought, I can either go and blow this money on the kids and buy them things they really need,” she remembers. Or she could listen to her boyfriend, Jim Birch, who encouraged her to use the money to make batches of her homemade salsa everyone was always raving about, see if she could sell it on Facebook and maybe start to lift herself out of the welfare rut she was in.

• Love 5

I’m not even sure why I’m continuing to hate watch this show at this point, the last few seasons have been so awful. This one is off to a bang-up start, with a winning truck where the customers proclaimed the food “disgusting” (have we ever seen this before???), half the cast already competing for “most annoying,” and either the producers or the contestants themselves trying to gin up tired drama between the trucks.

I feel sorry for the trucks that appear to have been airlifted in from earlier, better seasons of this show, like the pasta truck, Foreman family, and the nice South African ladies. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Gaaah, that Mac and cheese truck can go anytime. But they're going to get sales just by being Mac and cheese. No worries about repeat business since they just move on to the next city. But man, $20 in the trash. It must have been really bad.

And they are so lazy about their mac. They just take the base and top it off with Cheetos or coleslaw or whatever.

ESO won't win, but I thinks they offer some of the best food I've seen on this show. It was not surprising, but disappointing that people apparently choose that awful mac and cheese over ESO's delicious looking tagliatelle. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Pallida said:

I don't mind that this is a food business competition that factors in cost, but it does make me sad when folks who likely would be great in their home communities are not able to adapt to new markets.

I found Salsa Queen to be quite obnoxious, so I was curious if there were any reviews of her salsa onilne. While it seems people like her salsa, this article did not improve my opinion: https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/5/7/22409752/how-a-single-mom-of-seven-made-herself-the-salsa-queen-literally For example:

I can't believe she chose to legally change her name to SalsaQueen. I figured that was her show name to hype her brand. I thought her original name was far more interesting.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Pallida said:

“I thought, I can either go and blow this money on the kids and buy them things they really need,” she remembers. Or she could listen to her boyfriend, Jim Birch, who encouraged her to use the money to make batches of her homemade salsa everyone was always raving about, see if she could sell it on Facebook and maybe start to lift herself out of the welfare rut she was in.

Or this self-satisfied, egotistical gem from the same article:

But she is queen. And make no mistake.“

Even Jim gets in trouble,” she says, “If we’re having meetings and he forgets and calls me ‘Maharba.’ Just Salsa is also not acceptable, or salsa lady. It’s either SalsaQueen or Queen. Call me either of those, I’m OK.”

• Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I believe that people are willing to pay higher prices in the Bay Area, but $20 for a little cup of macaroni is mind boggling. (Or $60 for the “trio” !!!)

Edited by Maya
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

The first challenge was about using hot peppers. Why did Tyler ding some trucks for using milder peppers, when they made milder peppers available (and I think that each proper could only be used once, so someone had to use said peppers)?

I was a Home Ec teacher. It is possible to mess up Mac and cheese. It’s not pretty.  But, these were teenagers, not people supposedly making a living selling said food. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was annoyed that Tyler was dinging people about mild peppers when they were on the table as a choice.  I thought it was supposed to be about flavor, not about who could blow out his palette.  

I couldn't stay awake for the whole thing so had to come here to see who went home.   The team I wanted gone of course didn't.   I can't feel too sorry for the Balls team.   First, I'm not wild about about ford wordplay based on genitalia.  It's fine for Alec Baldwin on SNL but I'm not big on a professional food business using it.   More importantly, I couldn't get behind them because they're wearing tank tops.  Are there no health codes where they're filming?   Why is Tyler, who is supposedly there to coach them on running a professional food truck, not getting on them?  Exposed armpits in food prep is a huge no no.   

So I guess the rule about the 3 members of the team having to stay together has been changed?  Or was it an exception for a production pet?   The twins went shopping at the specialty food store while the third member was with the truck at the selling location. 

The drag queens are so loud.  Well the lead one at the least.  Like dial it back already.   Kudos for wanting to make your life meaningful, but I find it hard to take that seriously when later you proudly proclaim that your job is shaking 20s out of strangers.   I'm not a fan of this team at all, but even I felt a little bad when they aired the comment about the food being garbage.  I'm sure other teams have gotten direct comments like that in the past, but the editors have always found (or production scripted) less severe comments that still convey the food is not being well received.  One of the customers made it clear he bought from that truck because he wanted to buy from the drag queens, which I suspect will be a common theme which will lead to a team with poor food going far.  Again, why isn't Tyler stepping in and calling them out for selling crap for 20 bucks?  He's certainly stuck his bossy nose in before.     

Wait, 'salsa queen' actually legally changed her name to Salsa Queen?  Wow.  She seemed like a--difficult--personality from what we were shown but I had no idea.   casting always goes for "personalities" but they've outdone themselves this time.   

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Leeds said:

Or this self-satisfied, egotistical gem from the same article:

But she is queen. And make no mistake.“

Even Jim gets in trouble,” she says, “If we’re having meetings and he forgets and calls me ‘Maharba.’ Just Salsa is also not acceptable, or salsa lady. It’s either SalsaQueen or Queen. Call me either of those, I’m OK.”

I can’t stand her. Twice-divorced with seven children. Had she never heard of birth control?

I like the South African sisters and their friend. I like Señoreatas, too.

• Love 5

I'm not to thrilled with the way this season has started either.

My thought on the pepper challenge was he was looking for a tasty dish with a pepper kick. I know on other shows he does/judges, he likes the heat to kind of sneak up on you at the end, not hit you in the face from the start or overpower.

I understand they have to earn the most $$ every week to continue on, but there really ought to be some cap on the prices. Makes everyone in the world with a food truck think we all want to pay $20 per item. I know they have had some challenges where they had to price their special at $5. Pricing has gotten out of hand.

• Love 6

I don't know what kind of larder they were given for the pepper challenge, but the balls girls and pasta crew introducing their food truck themes but then going with something completely off-signature for the challenge was a bit odd.

The two queens are melting my head already. But there are a few trucks with interesting dishes - they didn't get much air time so far though.
The girls that had to find a store with a proper spice selection: good on them for not compromising on their spices. Their food sounds tasty.

This show needs an overhaul.

• Love 6

Peppers are so subjective too - some people have iron tongues, some people like me are sensitive to even milder peppers. It's a bit too hit or miss trying to guess what Tyler would like or consider 'not spicy enough'.

I like the Cuban food truck, I hope they do well. I live in SLC and have never seen the salsa truck, which surprised me.

I too am interested in what the South Africa twin team puts forward in their dishes - I love trying new things. Hopefully they won't bicker with each other too much.

I like the ESO team too - chef made his own pasta, which adds to the quality. And his bio says he's worked in michelin star restaurants, so even more bonus points.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Maverick said:

I was annoyed that Tyler was dinging people about mild peppers when they were on the table as a choice.  I thought it was supposed to be about flavor, not about who could blow out his palette.  

I couldn't stay awake for the whole thing so had to come here to see who went home.   The team I wanted gone of course didn't.   I can't feel too sorry for the Balls team.   First, I'm not wild about about ford wordplay based on genitalia.  It's fine for Alec Baldwin on SNL but I'm not big on a professional food business using it.   More importantly, I couldn't get behind them because they're wearing tank tops.  Are there no health codes where they're filming?   Why is Tyler, who is supposedly there to coach them on running a professional food truck, not getting on them?  Exposed armpits in food prep is a huge no no.   

So I guess the rule about the 3 members of the team having to stay together has been changed?  Or was it an exception for a production pet?   The twins went shopping at the specialty food store while the third member was with the truck at the selling location. 

The drag queens are so loud.  Well the lead one at the least.  Like dial it back already.   Kudos for wanting to make your life meaningful, but I find it hard to take that seriously when later you proudly proclaim that your job is shaking 20s out of strangers.   I'm not a fan of this team at all, but even I felt a little bad when they aired the comment about the food being garbage.  I'm sure other teams have gotten direct comments like that in the past, but the editors have always found (or production scripted) less severe comments that still convey the food is not being well received.  One of the customers made it clear he bought from that truck because he wanted to buy from the drag queens, which I suspect will be a common theme which will lead to a team with poor food going far.  Again, why isn't Tyler stepping in and calling them out for selling crap for 20 bucks?  He's certainly stuck his bossy nose in before.     

Wait, 'salsa queen' actually legally changed her name to Salsa Queen?  Wow.  She seemed like a--difficult--personality from what we were shown but I had no idea.   casting always goes for "personalities" but they've outdone themselves this time.   

I agree on GGB. Their portion size was too large. I tend to ignore most food safety violations on this show much like I would pointedly not look into the kitchen at most places I eat in.  Evarice from Senoreata's hair flying everywhere bothers me a bit more, plus those orange jumpsuits are a chop.

I'm not going to hate on MCBWI because they are Drag Queens. Drag Queens are awesome and their job is literally getting you to give them money for entertaining you.  I'm going to hate on them putting out practically unseasoned Mac and Cheese.  I wouldn't eat that because I am lactose intolerant, but I would court stomach upset and explosive colon if the mac and cheese was seasoned well!  It looked like they just slapped ingredients on top of boxed macaroni.  If you make the mac and cheese delicious on its own, then you can slap whatever you want on top of it.  I wonder if more than one customer chucked that food in the trash...

My current faves are Amaweles, Eso Artisinal Pasta, Saute Kings, and Southern Pride Asian Fusion, otherwise noted by me as SPAF.

The Amaweles sisters need to stop that bickering and placing their friend in the middle of it. They are wasting cooking time with that nonsense.

EAP is at a higher class than the rest of the Food Trucks.  I was balking at $30 for the Crudo special, but it must have been good.

The price points have always been exaggerated for this show. You would think by now that the contestants would do a little research about where they will be and price accordingly. This is Season 15!  I'm sure that they are told ahead of time where they will start the GFTR.

I am also tired of broken down Food Trucks. Everyone should start on an even playing field and not have equipment issues unless they did something to the truck.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I didn't like anything about Girls Got Balls starting with the name of their truck.  I feel bad for the one whose husband died but I'm still glad they're gone.

Dave the drag queen is too loud and gets on my nerves but I don't dislike him.  SalsaQueen is an obnoxious b**** and can go any time.  Soon I hope.  

I would never buy a plate of food from someone walking around with it.  I wonder how many sales the two doing it actually made.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

Agree on the buying food from someone walking around carrying it - who knows how many people have breathed on it when sniffing or looking at it?? 

Eh I don't mind the cheekiness of Girls Got Balls - its a food truck so I know I'm not getting haute cuisine, so I don't mind the sense of humor. 

Edited by Colorado David
omitted word
  • Love 2

Rewatching the Peppers challenge; Tyler did say to "light him up".  He was probably disappointed that everyone stayed away from the Ghost Pepper, so he went with the dish that made his eyes water.

19 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I thought the guy hadn't turned on the pilot - it was operator error, not broken equipment.  

I was referring to GGB and the fact that their rice cookers didn't work in the truck. My point still stands that these trucks should have been new and ready to go as opposed to them being refurbished from season to season.

• Love 3

I was a little surprised that the Girls Got Balls didn't make something ball-ish, but instead made a roll.  A lot of loud "sassy" people this time.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Rewatching the Peppers challenge; Tyler did say to "light him up".  He was probably disappointed that everyone stayed away from the Ghost Pepper, so he went with the dish that made his eyes water.

I was referring to GGB and the fact that their rice cookers didn't work in the truck. My point still stands that these trucks should have been new and ready to go as opposed to them being refurbished from season to season.

I don't disagree with your general premise at all - there have definitely been trucks that were mechanically at a disadvantage - but my interpretation was that it wasn't a mechanical issue. The generator worked, but perhaps didn't have enough power for the additional rice cookers? They didn't specify why the rice cookers weren't working with the generator, so I'm guessing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pallida said:

I don't disagree with your general premise at all - there have definitely been trucks that were mechanically at a disadvantage - but my interpretation was that it wasn't a mechanical issue. The generator worked, but perhaps didn't have enough power for the additional rice cookers? They didn't specify why the rice cookers weren't working with the generator, so I'm guessing. 

They did say that the rice cookers took up too much power. They transferred the rice to pots and cooked it on the stove.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 2

I was also puzzled by the issues with the rice cookers. It wasn't like they were trying to plug in a clothes dryer. I would guess that a commercial grade rice cooker uses as much energy as the typical countertop cooking appliance. Stand mixer, food processor etc. I would think that a commercial truck would be built to handle that kind of electrical draw.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

and did they bring their own rice cookers??? what are the rules on what equipment one can bring?? can i bring my own liquid nitrogen?? a press for tostadas?? clarification. i don't mind equipment, just want a clarifying.

• Like 1

Yet in one season there was a truck that did pizza yet didn't have their pizza oven so rarely if ever actually served pizza.  So the rules aren't consistent.  /shocker

• Like 1

If I was in the area where the food trucks were parked and people started yelling over microphones and loudspeakers to get me to come to their trucks while others were putting a plate of food in my face to try to get me to buy it, I would be out of there so fast (well, as fast as my slow walking self could go...).  While in the past it seems like there were one or two louder personalities each season, it's like they went into overkill this season.  Not surprisingly then, my favorite teams are the ones ones who quietly got to business and put out good food.  After the multiple comments about how not good the mac and cheese was, I think there should be some standard for the food they are serving beyond how much money they made.  If not, why not just get pre-made sandwiches and resell them for a huge profit (or some such item)?  

• Like 5
  • Love 11
(edited)

Lots of "personalities" this season. I also agree that food quality should be a factor in winning these competitions.  Luring people in with megaphones and gimmicks then overcharging them for food they throw in the garbage shouldn't be a winning strategy.  I do love the drag queens though. They seem like nice, fun people.  One thing I cannot take, like it literally makes my skin crawl is Ms. Senoritas hair not being tied back.  She's got a lot of hair and its beyond disgusting to me that its just hanging there while she's handling food.  Just my own little OCD moment. 🤮

Edited by lauralu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

If I was in the area where the food trucks were parked and people started yelling over microphones and loudspeakers to get me to come to their trucks while others were putting a plate of food in my face to try to get me to buy it, I would be out of there so fast (well, as fast as my slow walking self could go...).  While in the past it seems like there were one or two louder personalities each season, it's like they went into overkill this season.  Not surprisingly then, my favorite teams are the ones ones who quietly got to business and put out good food.  After the multiple comments about how not good the mac and cheese was, I think there should be some standard for the food they are serving beyond how much money they made.  If not, why not just get pre-made sandwiches and resell them for a huge profit (or some such item)?  

I know everyone had to be vaccinated and boosted to be on this show (hopefully) but people running at me to shove food in my face? NO MA'AM.

• Love 1

In the drag queen talking heads, most of the time Keith looks like he's being held hostage. 

Of course we lose one of the few low key non-drama teams that are overwhelming this season.  

Salsa Queen is nuts.  But Senoritas doesn't do themselves any favors with comments like "we're playing this like we're strangers like everyone else.".  Uh huh. Sure, Jan. 

"It's the best truffle Mac evah!".  Except it's still being thrown in the trash.  Sure, Peter Dressed as Jan. 

Seriously show, you thought one of these trucks was going to outsell Lime?  Salsa Queen was right about one thing, they were turning it into a circus. I've never cared for the teams who try to sell food with gimmicks.  Forget the balloons and glitter.  Just make good food and turn your tickets quickly.   That's what makes.a successful food truck.  A lot of these hucksters shouldn't be around a food truck, unless.its Chuck E. Cheese.  At least no one's bought a blow kiddie pool.  Yet. 

I'm confused about if these teams have food trucks or are just doing this for the show.  It's usually one or the other but this sounds like a mix.  Salsa Queen said this was their first attempt at a food truck and the drag queens don't have one.  But it sounds like Southern Pride, ESO and Senoritas do have trucks. 

Next week the Queen tosses off her tiara and bolts from a moving carriage so she can get home before she turns back into one of the bitchy step sisters.  Someone needs to correct Tyler.  This is the Hottest Mess of a Season Ever.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

I didn't like them showing Tyler helping drag queens with location. Did he help everyone? If so, then show it. If not, why show this? Now we think the fix is in. I did think it was funny how Tyler was being all dude/bro/fist bump and Sugar nearly left him hanging. Did like how Mac n cheese took last week's criticism and improved their cheese. I don't think we saw Salsa Queen sell anything so I'm wondering how they weren't in bottom 2. Yeah, the no drama teams are getting picked off and we'll be left with something unwatchable. Have never liked the Lime Truck, didn't need to see them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm surprised that the pasta truck wasn't hit with a $ penalty for hitting the covid testing site.  Thought it took out the mirror on the truck and some damage at the testing site.

Edited by cameron
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

'm confused about if these teams have food trucks or are just doing this for the show.  It's usually one or the other but this sounds like a mix.  Salsa Queen said this was their first attempt at a food truck and the drag queens don't have one.  But it sounds like Southern Pride, ESO and Senoritas do have trucks.

I was wondering that too. I hope they have at least some business related to selling food.

Who buys overpriced basic Mac & Cheese at a food truck? In California? That's like going to the zoo to see the pigeons.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4