Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just did a full rewatch - thanks COVID. And I forgot how much I loved this show. I will always hate the Juliette becomes a Hexenbeist and then becomes Eve business. It's obvious they just didn't know what to do with the character but wanted to keep Bitsy. They should have just had her die a tragic death and been done with it. I also wished the show had leaned more into comedy, because Blind Love was great. As was Nick pretending to be Renard. Surprisingly enough, Adaline's redemption storyline holds up, and so does her and Nick as endgame. But I will never forgive this show for killing Meisner. Never. 

• Love 2
On 11/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, ShellsandCheese said:

I just did a full rewatch - thanks COVID. And I forgot how much I loved this show. I will always hate the Juliette becomes a Hexenbeist and then becomes Eve business. It's obvious they just didn't know what to do with the character but wanted to keep Bitsy. They should have just had her die a tragic death and been done with it. I also wished the show had leaned more into comedy, because Blind Love was great. As was Nick pretending to be Renard. Surprisingly enough, Adaline's redemption storyline holds up, and so does her and Nick as endgame. But I will never forgive this show for killing Meisner. Never. 

I'll never forgive everyone forgetting Adalind raped Nick and acting as if it was consentual. Nick wasn't a skirt chaser and he never would have slept with someone he hated. I wished they didn't kill off Nick's mom I wanted to learn more about his dad. I think the writers cared more about the Wessen characters than the humans that's why they had Juliette and Wu transform. I would love to see a sequel series featuring their kids.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

Have started rewatching this series and am impressed with how good it is.  On second watch I really appreciate the seeds they planted in the first season that developed during the series (not always how I wish they had developed).  I actually like the character of Juliette better with the rewatch.  

I, too, would like a sequel with the children.

• Like 1

Been watching Grimm clips on YouTube and plan to start a rewatch. I'm curious to see if my opinion of characters/storylines I didn't like have improved/changed (pretty much anything Juliette - awful actress). 

I remember loving the finale and holding it up as an example of what I wanted for CW shows (Supernatural, Originals, etc). I would love a reboot focusing on the kids or just a return of the show for a limited run with age appropriate Diana and Kelly.

Given that the show ended with Nick/Adiliand I'm oddly amused that the pilot was bookended with Nick/Adilaned. 😂

I'm in the 2nd episode and, I'm also reminded of the fact that I was sp happy that the show had Nick in a long term, happy, dull relationship...so refreshing form all the will they/won't they angst. As much as I didn't like BT, Juliet was fine in S1, it's when they tried to make her a bigger part of the show that I began to be annoyed by her presence

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2021 at 3:03 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm in the 2nd episode and, I'm also reminded of the fact that I was sp happy that the show had Nick in a long term, happy, dull relationship...so refreshing form all the will they/won't they angst. As much as I didn't like BT, Juliet was fine in S1, it's when they tried to make her a bigger part of the show that I began to be annoyed by her presence

I've started something of a rewatch and Nick/Juliette are extremely dull in a way that definitely fits with both of those character's low-key nature and long-term relationship even though I don't think the chemistry is there very often either. They'd probably have had a very average, happy, dull life if Aunt Marie hadn't rolled up with the trailer and ruined his proposal. Although even with straight procedurals that rarely stays that way on TV. DG/BT seem a lot livelier together and have more chemistry on BTS videos than they do as their Grimm characters. 

That said, they clearly had no idea what to do with her outside of 1-2 domestic scenes in S1 either. Even now I think the fact that she was a vet was supposed to lead to her being more involved earlier than she was in the show. I do wonder if Rosalie moved into her narrative space.  Obviously not as Nick's girlfriend but the writers realised that having a "quirky" female character who was part of the Wesen community, could mix up a variety of different magical potions to help save the day, whilst also giving the very popular, fun Monroe something to do was more interesting/easier than writing more for the low-key, strait-laced vet give her opinion on a Kunigshlange's weaknesses via her knowledge of King Cobras for example. 

Which lead straight into "giving Juliette  something to do" by creating one of my least favourite ever TV arcs in Grimm S2, it's almost more frustrating than the kidnap/frog eating clone/amnesia/New Krypton arc on Lois and Clark. 

And I still can't believe Nick ended up with Adalind partly due to a rape storyline, even 5 years later it kind of blows my mind even if they did have some chem. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, Featherhat said:

do wonder if Rosalie moved into her narrative space.  Obviously not as Nick's girlfriend but the writers realised that having a "quirky" female character who was part of the Wesen community, could mix up a variety of different magical potions to help save the day, whilst also giving the very popular, fun Monroe something to do was more interesting/easier than writing more for the low-key, strait-laced vet give her opinion on a Kunigshlange's weaknesses via her knowledge of King Cobras for example. 

I remember that being a huge complaint from the Juliette and Juliette/Nick shippers during the run of the show. This was especially loud the worst the storyline got and the more people gravitated to Adalind and the Adalind/Nick relationship. 

Basically they screwed BT and Juliette because as the Vet she should have been the one to make the potions and have Rosalie's role in Team Grimm. 

I hope one day we get the BTS information as to what prompted these creative decisions.  That being said, Grimm still remains a favorite show and, I think had one of the most satisfying series finales.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I was looking for something to watch around Halloween and realized Grimm was on Amazon. I knew I stopped watching somewhere toward the end of season 4 beginning of 5. Anyhow thought I'd post a review on here, even if no one reads it...

Season 1-3: I was the most familiar with and were the best seasons. It had a great balance of the case of the week and some world building. Obviously introduces us to the characters.

Season 4: Had some good episodes, even after the rape at the end of season 3. But man they destroyed Juliette's character. I remained mad at her for destroying the Trailer! Seriously, it was the worst thing anyone did.

Season 5: Definitely the worst season. I didn't like Blackclaw or how they randomly made Renard evil. Don't get me wrong, I know he wasn't a "good guy" but he was a gray character who did have a continuous. The whole Eve thing was dumb, like she basically was still Juliette but with no emotions. And how I'm glad that they quickly got rite of this storyline in season 6. I did like the episode with Monroe and Nick going to the forest. I do remember wishing that was the just the whole episode instead sharing with a B story. I did like that Wu sort of became a wesen as it made an interesting plot.

Season 6: A big improvement from season 5, but kind of a weird with the other world in the mirror. Obviously, this is the season fresh in my mind (as I just finished it). I enjoyed the stand alone episodes the most honestly. The finale was good, but weird. As a person in 2022, I kept thinking so Nick and co are fighting Vecna (from Stranger things) and somehow it was like HP as well. With his ancestors showing up at the end in support. The what was with the reset, don't get me wrong I was glad everyone wasn't dead, but it kind of coped out what happened. As no one would remember fighting anything. Also, I was confused did he just appear at the moment he and Eve came back? I guess so, but at least Diane remembered and there was the staff. So it did happen. I also missed for sure that Nick was controlling the one wood part. I had a theory this was the case, as no one else seemed to be able to touch it (minus Diane and Truble). Then back to the how HP thing with a 20 year later. Which I did like as it brought back the trailer and Kelly is a Grimm (which I figured).

Anyhow, overall not a bad show at all. I'm glad I finally finished it. Also, I will say I went back to read the archive posts (at least some), wow everyone was so negative lol.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:55 PM, blueray said:

I was looking for something to watch around Halloween and realized Grimm was on Amazon. I knew I stopped watching somewhere toward the end of season 4 beginning of 5. Anyhow thought I'd post a review on here, even if no one reads it...

Season 1-3: I was the most familiar with and were the best seasons. It had a great balance of the case of the week and some world building. Obviously introduces us to the characters.

Season 4: Had some good episodes, even after the rape at the end of season 3. But man they destroyed Juliette's character. I remained mad at her for destroying the Trailer! Seriously, it was the worst thing anyone did.

Season 5: Definitely the worst season. I didn't like Blackclaw or how they randomly made Renard evil. Don't get me wrong, I know he wasn't a "good guy" but he was a gray character who did have a continuous. The whole Eve thing was dumb, like she basically was still Juliette but with no emotions. And how I'm glad that they quickly got rite of this storyline in season 6. I did like the episode with Monroe and Nick going to the forest. I do remember wishing that was the just the whole episode instead sharing with a B story. I did like that Wu sort of became a wesen as it made an interesting plot.

Season 6: A big improvement from season 5, but kind of a weird with the other world in the mirror. Obviously, this is the season fresh in my mind (as I just finished it). I enjoyed the stand alone episodes the most honestly. The finale was good, but weird. As a person in 2022, I kept thinking so Nick and co are fighting Vecna (from Stranger things) and somehow it was like HP as well. With his ancestors showing up at the end in support. The what was with the reset, don't get me wrong I was glad everyone wasn't dead, but it kind of coped out what happened. As no one would remember fighting anything. Also, I was confused did he just appear at the moment he and Eve came back? I guess so, but at least Diane remembered and there was the staff. So it did happen. I also missed for sure that Nick was controlling the one wood part. I had a theory this was the case, as no one else seemed to be able to touch it (minus Diane and Truble). Then back to the how HP thing with a 20 year later. Which I did like as it brought back the trailer and Kelly is a Grimm (which I figured).

Anyhow, overall not a bad show at all. I'm glad I finally finished it. Also, I will say I went back to read the archive posts (at least some), wow everyone was so negative lol.

Grimm did some things very others they had no clue. They did a great job of creating all the Wessen and all the friendships between the main characters. They didn't know how to write a backstory for Nick and they ruined Juliette's character. Ironically David Guintolli and Elizabeth Tulloch fell in love and have a daughter. I agree that the individual episodes were better than the political plots like Blackclaw.

• Like 3

A friend and I just started a rewatch of Grimm this month.  I'd forgotten how delightful and entertaining the early episodes were, which is a reflection of how much the Black Claw storyline dragged drown the show.  It's been fun watching Nick just discovering all the different kinds of wesen.

Not sure if we're going to watch the show all the way to the end this time, though, since the last couple of seasons were rough.  And I'm still pissed off with that bullshit redemption arc Adalind got.  Her and Nick ending up together is up there with the whole Luke & Laura abomination on GH, imo.

• Like 3
(edited)

Grimm is now showing on COMET TV starting with S1 Ep 1.  I so miss this show, even with all the Black Claw, & BT/Juliette storylines from S2 on etc. - she should’ve been a recurring character after S1. 

Edited by swissair100
On 6/20/2023 at 2:05 PM, swissair100 said:

Grimm is now showing on COMET TV starting with S1 Ep 1.  I so miss this show, even with all the Black Claw, & BT/Juliette storylines from S2 on etc. - she should’ve been a recurring character after S1. 

I've been catching back up with the series via Comet. What an annoying channel. Why do they insist on making commercial cuts in places other than where they originally were? I get really tired of them cutting a speech (or even sentence!) to go to commercial.

Comet somewhat amuses when they blur the blood, yet air their "call the sexxxy girls of" commercials at the same time.

Just me?

Re-watching the show, I'm reminded of the reality of driving in Portland. They got around way too quickly, especially for the plotpoints that took them out to the "Mt. Hood area," Oxbow Park, or Vancouver.

Also, why did Nick think it was a good idea for anyone to be looking through those books while eating?

Still fun to watch again.

I'm rewatching this on Comet now as well.  LOVE the show still, warts and all.  I am reminded of one thing that always irritated me, that they would be doing something on broad daylight, then all of a sudden it's full night.  I also didn't like Juliette burning down the trailer, and the whole Eve plot.  Love Trouble and wish they had done a sequel with the kids and maybe Trouble being their mentor/leader.