Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Frasier

I think there were still a lot of good episodes after that point.  I don't really like Daphne's family, and there are more of them in the last years, but there are a lot of good episodes in that time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

I pretty much stopped watching Frasier around the time Niles and Daphne got married.  Now I'm wondering if I'm missing out!  Would those who followed the whole series recommend those later seasons?

@PennyPlain: When they got married, or when they got together? I'll assume you mean you stopped at the beginning of Season 10 (their wedding). I think there are many great episodes in the last 2 seasons, and a couple of them are considered true classics ("Fathers and Sons" in season 10, "The Doctor Is Out" in season 11). 

Lots of fans (including me) thought the character played by Felicity Huffman was not a welcome addition (she's in maybe a half-dozen episodes). And there's a season 11 arc that features Laura Linney as a love interest; I liked her character well enough, but apparently I'm in the minority. 

Long story short, I think you should try a few episodes that you missed. The show was not brilliant anymore by its final 2 seasons, but I still loved it.

• Like 2

I really liked the last two seasons. More than some of the middle seasons. It’s weird to hear Daphne calling the Drs. Crane by their first names, though.

• Like 1

I checked IMDB and it looks like I pretty much stopped watching by the end of season 9. As I recall a big reason I stopped was I loathed Daphne's family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

I pretty much stopped watching Frasier around the time Niles and Daphne got married.  Now I'm wondering if I'm missing out!  Would those who followed the whole series recommend those later seasons?

I rewatched the whole series recently and I was kind of dreading the later seasons because I remember thinking the quality had dipped but I found myself laughing a lot more than I anticipated.

And I genuinely thought Season 11 was almost a full return to form.

There were things I didn't like but things go faster in binge format.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

I enjoyed it to the very end.  Yes, there were some dud subplots and episodes, but I think that's the case with any show.  With this series, I still liked everyone by the end of the series.

I disliked Daphne's family too, but there were stretches of episodes where they were all absent.  You could always fast-forward their bits when they make guest appearances.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 1

Of Daphne's family, I found her mother the most tedious because she was in so many episodes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

The Niles health arc was pretty good.  And if you like Wendy Malick, she and Martin made a cute couple.  Those were my favorites.

• Like 2

Was Daphne going into labor at Marty's wedding in the series finale, or the penultimate episode? That was funny..

The series finale :). And yeah, they wound up delivering her baby at a vet's office, of all places :p. 

2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

The series finale :). And yeah, they wound up delivering her baby at a vet's office, of all places :p. 

It always cracks me up when they see Niles feeding a monkey at the vets. Marty turns to Frasier and says something to the effect - you were no prize either. 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

On 2/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, PennyPlain said:

Penny, I am so jealous!  I would love to be able to binge watch the last seasons of Fraiser as if I had never seen them! My favorite episodes are the ones surrounding Daphne's and Donnie's wedding! Enjoy! 

• Like 1

I know I've commented on "Travels with Martin" before but it is so damned funny, I'm watching it now.  Our heroes are heading back to the border having inadvertently crossed into Canada and Daphne can't be in Canada because of her immigration status.  They're going to try to pass her off as American (the only thing she can say is "sure") and she's nervous and says she's going to make a cup of tea.

Frasier: "Tea! Why don't you just wave a crumpet in the air and start singing God Save the Queen"  LOLOL

Then there's Niles panicking "oh my god there's the border I CAN SEE THE LINE OF CARS"

It's all in the delivery.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Happy Leap Day! Let's all go to a taco show!

This episode was just on the other day.  Seen it I don't know how many times now but still laughed out loud all the way through it!

• Like 5

OK here's another one.  In "The Candidate", Fraser is having a party for a congressional candidate.  The guy confides to Fraser that he's was abducted by aliens who were very concerned about our planet. 

Fraser wants to tell Niles but can't because he told the candidate that he'd be bound by doctor-patient confidentiality.

Niles "Our values are sacrosanct.  Fortunately, I know a way around that.  I'll be your psychiatrist then you can spill your guts". 

Hee hee

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

On 2/2/2020 at 10:59 AM, PennyPlain said:

I'm of the opinion that Season 1-7 are great, 8-10 are pretty bad, but then Season 11 is really good again.

• Like 3

I love the idea of Niles participating in a virtual wine club :D. 

And Frasier's talk about spores in regards to Martin has me thinking about that episode where he's getting on Martin's case about that sponge :p. 

That was cute, thanks for sharing the link!

• Like 1

I'd heard about it, but have yet to watch it. I'll definitely be doing that at some point soon here ,though-so cool to see them getting together like this :)!

Rewatched "Ham Radio", which is in my Top 10, and certainly has my favorite line of the series:

"Would the McAllister sisters stand back-to-back, I'm short on bullets."

• Like 5

I was watching that one earlier, too :D. 

I also love when Niles is trying to figure out how to do Pepo's voice and he bends his knees a little. And "the ice cream truck!" So many great moments and lines in that episode. 

ETA: Now watching "Three Dates and a Breakup" and I really love the talk between Frasier and Martin towards the end. Such a great scene. It's especially sweet considering Frasier's own feelings about Sherry, that he's willing to talk all this out with his dad. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 1